Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse at Silver Legacy Resort Casino
407 N. Virginia St
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse at Silver Legacy Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.silverlegacyreno.com/dining/sterlings-seafood-steakhouse/
- Phone: 8006878733
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 9:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - closing. Please no sleeveless shirts for our gentleman guests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Neil Campbell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: If you’re looking for exciting Reno entertainment and hip nightlife that has a little something for everyone, then look no further than Silver Legacy. With six different venues to choose from, Silver Legacy offers a large variety of Reno events including live performances and shows. Voted Best Entertainment, Best Concerts and Best Comedy Club by Casino Player Magazine, we have just what you are looking for.
A word from Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse at Silver Legacy Resort Casino
Recently voted one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the nation for "Best Service" by OpenTable. Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse is an award winning classic American Steakhouse featuring an extensive menu and wine list as well as world class hospitality. Sterling's has been voted Best Restaurant in Northern Nevada by Nevada Magazine, Best Casino Restaurant by the Reno Gazette Journal, Best Wine List by the Reno News and Review and Reno Gazette Journal, Best Sunday Brunch by Casino Player Magazine and is the recipient of 12 consecutive Awards of Excellence from the Wine Spectator Magazine. Sterling's enjoys a 4.5 star rating on all social media sites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse at Silver Legacy Resort Casino - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse at Silver Legacy Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (37)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Old School Awesome!LynnaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We've lived in Reno a little over a year and wanted an occasion to try Sterling's, so we booked a reservation on my birthday. The service was absolutely top-notch, especially the maître d', Phil, who has been with Sterling's for over 30 years! I had the ahi tuna and my husband had the filet, and both were superb and appropriately portioned. Phil prepared a tableside Caesar salad for us that was spectacular. I have heard from others that the place needs updating, but I disagree. Having lived in NYC, this is exactly what I expect from a top-notch seafood and steakhouse. I detest restaurants who place hip and trendy above quality and service, and Sterling's is old-school awesome!Special Features:
- The best in RenoTheEpicureanVIPDined on 8/10/2014We dine out a lot in Reno, and when traveling around the world. This is the best restaurant in Reno and it rivals the best places in New York, Chicago, London, and Rome.Special Features:
- Great experience all-aroundSactownSueDined on 8/9/2014What a lovely restaurant. The staff made us feel special and they were very kind to my teenage children. They made us feel welcome. It was the perfect place to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimeMisfitsDined on 8/8/2014The food was ok and the servers where kind but we sat there for nearly an hour before we got our food and the prices are a bit to high for the lobster we ate. I have never had a lobster served to me with the eggs in it. It was very unappealing. I understand that some people like that kind of thing but it would have been nice if we had the choice. The clam chowder was the best I have ever had and the dinner salad was amazing!Special Features:
- Sad111VIPDined on 8/1/2014It has went down hill Sad ;( beef not at standards that They charge you Potatoes over cooked Nothing to brag about at all
- Romantic and specialspecial4couplesDined on 8/1/2014We always eat at Sterling's when we come to Reno and we have never been disappointed. The service is outstanding and a big part of why we dine here. I also appreciate the different options for smaller appetites, because not everyone can eat a full entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantOutstandingDined on 7/29/2014Dining at Sterling is always an incredible experience. The service (Larry and Morgan) is extraordinary and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Great Romantic BirthdayClosetfoodieDined on 6/28/2014Sterling was fantastic! My fiancé and I went there, I wanted to surprise him for his birthday. I made a reservation and noted it was his birthday. We arrived, they sat us in a nice quiet booth. To our surprise the place confetti on the table with a signed birthday card. It was a great touch. Steaks were excellent and so was the wine list. Service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience and great mealTurboDined on 6/28/2014went for a birthday part, adultsa, and had a great time. waiter and staff made us feel like we were the only people in the resturant. would go againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014We love dinning at Sterlings! The best steak ever, and the crem Brule was amazing, We reserved s table for our anniversary and it was beautiful confetti on the table. We love Morgan as a server snd always request him. We will be back in a couple months. We tell all our friends about this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksML77Dined on 6/22/2014The food here is the best in Reno. I always order my steak peppered and it wonderful. Not a peppercorn sauce, just peppered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to dineRenoDined on 6/17/2014My wife and I had not been to Reno for some time but always enjoy the meal at Sterling's. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- KenPackardDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I'm usually pretty particular about steaks and normally restrict my dining experience to Ruth's Chrs, Mastro's or Morton's when so ordering. However, in this case I made an exception and was happy with the results. All facets of the meal from appetizers (especially the Tuna Sahimi) to dessert were excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very nicekendofoendoDined on 6/13/2014The food was great and there was a lot of it. It was very romantic until they sat two cackling hens next to us who wanted to complain about their day very loudly, but other than that it was very nice meal for my better half and ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!!!V3gasDined on 6/13/2014The food was excellent and services staff was excellent as well. The order was fast and correct. We had a group of 10 and our needs were taken care of. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved this placeasterlingnightDined on 6/9/2014Excellent food and service. Our friends talked about it for days. We took them for their anniversary. Everything was better then good and very nicely presented. All the staff was very nice and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!AnonymousDined on 6/8/2014My family and I were staying in Reno for the night, and we came across this place. It exceeded all expectations of what any restaurant should be. The food was impeccable, the service was amazing, the staff was very friendly, and we had an great time! I would recommend this to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualclaartjeDined on 6/8/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much as usual. It is our favorite restaurant in Reno. Food and service is excellent!Special Features:
- Best dining experience on EarthhungrysquawDined on 6/5/2014The classic steakhouse is alive and well in Reno, Nevada. You are greeted by four friendly staff and escorted to your roomy well appointed table. The maitre d, Phillip is an exceptional perfectionist, and attends to every detail. Our waiter, Morgan, went over all of the specials and answered every question about the immense choices on the menu. Salads, chicken, the freshest seafood I have ever had and steaks that will melt in your mouth are always cooked to perfection. They will make any drink at the bar for you with the freshest ingredients available. My made to order fresh picked raspberry infused martini was beyond compare. The best part is dessert which includes the rare cherries jubilee done to perfection at your table. Amazing.Special Features:
- Best anniversary EVER!KnDLawrenceDined on 5/24/2014I can't say enough about how awesome our night at Sterling's was. Everyone there came by to wish us a happy anniversary, the food was amazing and they even gave us a sweet card congratulating us! Our waiters, Jason and Jayson, were top notch and paid just the right amount of attention to us and ended the evening with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. We highly recommend them for any occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, Outstanding!EdwardDined on 5/24/2014Excellent service and the food is so delicious. We had the NY steak and it was perfect. The servers are very attentive. Always look forward to eating at Sterlings when we visit Silver Legacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 454 reviews are from the Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse at Silver Legacy Resort Casino reviews archive.
- perfection!EBussomDined on 4/17/2014Qaulity is outstanding. Best staff and service. Drove 500 miles for dinnee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressionWDLIIIDined on 4/17/2014A very nice restaurant but over-priced for the quantity of food and the quality of food.Special Features:
- Nothing Short of AMAZING!!!luvmysquishyDined on 4/14/2014Everything about Sterling's was incredible. The service was top notch and the food was absolute perfection. Even something as simple as a dinner salad was plated so beautifully that it almost makes you feel bad for eating it (that is of course until you've tasted it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SupriseRenoVisitorDined on 4/12/2014It was a great meal, with excellent customer service and attention to detail. Very quiet, relaxing atmosphere with tremendously good food! Discover for yourself how good it is.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food OverpricedGJOESQUIREDined on 4/11/2014The food was great. The steaks are wonderful except I would have preferred a nice T-Bone steak but that was not on the menu. The price for the steaks was steep and the stead were good not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- T-Line Electric Closing DinnerJEganDined on 4/9/2014Good Restaurant. The staff was very accommodating but the restaurant was full so there was a large gap between the soup/salad and the entrée. The food was good with large portions (matched by their price). I had the 10oz Kobe burger topped with a exceptional foie gras which was too much for one sitting - however their waiters were too fast and my plate was cleared while I conversed with another table. All in all my two tables (about 18 people) had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks and wine listMikeZDined on 3/31/2014We love the ambiance of this place. The steaks are wonderful and the chef accommodates custom requests. The prime rib was wonderful and 2 other members enjoyed the filet Mignon. Wife had the filet prepared with strawberries and a balsamic reduction. It was excellent. Recommend the sauteed spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food & servicesoverykeriDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I dined at Sterling's for the first time on Saturday March 29 to celebrate my birthday. Our experience was great from start to finish. Service is impeccable - not overbearing and still attentive. We were really impressed by the menu on the iPad and it was fun to peruse the wine selection and see all the photos of the dishes. We selected a good wine at a fair price and it was delicious. We started with the strawberry steak appetizer, which was very good. My husband had the bacon-wrapped duck and I enjoyed the filet and tiger prawns. After finishing our entrees, we had no room for a real dessert but still had a glass of wine each. Our waiter brought us two chocolate covered strawberries to nibble on while we finished. Perfect!Special Features:
- Very yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Other than the wait being a little longer for the food, it was all worth it! I recommend everyone trying this place at least once while in Reno. The service was great and the food was delicious! I had the filet mignon, and it was fantastic! I will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Great FooddeuceriderDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I eat here every time we come to Reno, which is 2 to 3 times a year. We always leave very satisfied.Special Features:
- Our server, Jason was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Our server, Jason was excellent. I celebrated my birthday with my husband, daughter in law and two grandsons. Tthey made extra room for us and went above and beyond to accommodate us. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak lover hot spotchrisDined on 3/26/2014Steaks (filet) were perfect as always. What more to say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sterling's.ghawk5063Dined on 3/24/2014Every time we stay at The Silver Legacy we eat at least one meal at Sterling's Steakhouse. Love the ambiance. The service is exceptionally good and the food is wonderful. The menu is exactly what you would expect from a Steakhouse. I would like to see a couple more chicken or shrimp items. Overall great place to enjoy a fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to its pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014Wife and I both ordered high end steaks with her's coming with a couple large prawns. While both of us agreed our steaks were good, they certainly where not as good as one would expect from a higher end steakhouse. The prawns she got where rubbery and tasted off. The wine list was good and offered a wide price range. Probably will never eat here again.Special Features:
- FantasticJessDined on 3/22/2014It was absolutely delicious and our waiter was outstanding. Best restaurant we've been to in a long while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread Bowlchatkat8658Dined on 3/22/2014The food was very good. But the bread bowl for the salad was the hit for us. When you order a salad, instead of topping it with croutons, Sterling has created a crouton bread bowl. It was amazing. My husband order salad and I ordered clam chowder. I kept stilling his bowl and dipping it in my soup. It was out of this world. Although all the food was great (I had a full lobster and my husband had the salmon), my husband and I both agree that the crouton bowl was the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksSusanDined on 3/21/2014For making my Mother feel so special on our trip to Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding night dinnerYummyDined on 3/16/2014This place was Awesome! Spent 4 days in Reno and we ate at a lot of different places and none compare to Sterlings! From the moment we arrived for our reservation to the time we left it was as if we were welcomed guests. Tim and Cooper were our waiters and did an outstanding job. I almost never leave reviews on anything but this experience definitely deserves one and I give them 5 stars. Quite possibly the best meal I've ever had in the 46yrs I have been on this planet! Thank you Sterlings for a most memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningDianaMDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I dined at Sterlings for the first time and we were so pleased with the service and overall dining experience! The food was by far above anything else we have ever had! The service was AWESOME! When the Server brings you your check, they also delight you with a chocolate covered strawberry for each member seated at your table. When our Server saw how excited I was to receive these treats, he brought me 4 "to go" and take back to my room with us. This is definitely a dining pleasure that we will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.