60 State Street
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sterlingsboston.com/
- Phone: 6175318200x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Kurt Vogel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Let us cater your lunch or dinner event. We have a full range of options from a 10 person business lunch to larger events. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful dining room is available for private and semi-private events. Please email us for menus and with any questions. email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Vinny Polcari 7816400153x
A word from Sterling's
Sterling's is located on the main floor of 60 State Street in Boston's Historic Financial District. Sterling's initial allure is its impressive atmosphere, the upscale eatery's "it" factor is thanks to a trifecta of stand-out elements that includes equally appealing masterfully crafted cocktails and creative comfort cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sterling's - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Sterling's reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)great for lunch (16)good for groups (10)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great patioMish2702Dined on 8/30/2014We stopped here and just ended up getting a drink and splitting a flat bread - but got a great seat outside. Weather was perfect, so it was great to sit and people watch. The bar was pretty busy and there were plenty of TVs to watch sports. They had a good selection of drinks and the menu had lots of options I was interested in. The bathroom was not very clean...Special Features:
- Good lunch option in Fanueil HallCaramelDeeDined on 8/13/2014Good variety of lunch options and the food was really good and we were happy campers at the end. We had the Ruben and Turkey BLAT sandwiches and there were really tasty and really filling. The Cobb Salad was filled with just enough of each ingredient and the vinigrette was not too heavy and had a nice taste to it. The only negative feedback were on the Fish Tacos, yes the mango/papaya salsa was rich and tasty but there was only one little piece of fish in each taco (3 small soft tacos in total) which weren't even the length of the taco. However, overall the service was quick and our waitess was very attentive. Also, a party of four was able to get in and out within an hour, like we asked! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementFoodie6Dined on 8/10/2014I've been to Sterling's several times & usually sit at the outdoor bar for drinks/apps. Usually the service at the bar is decent and has been improving. My husband & I went in for brunch & unfortunately did not have good service. Our server took a very long time to even bring us our drinks - it seemed as though she could only do one thing at a time. It took nearly an hour to get our food (even though it was not very busy), and the food itself was not that great. My husbands omelette didn't taste right with a plastic-like taste, but our server didn't even inquire as to why he didn't eat it. Maybe she was new? Also, an ongoing complaint, whoever is shucking the oysters does a terrible job- there's always broken shell & dirt in the oysters.Special Features:
- Great outdoor bar with good foodJosephDined on 8/5/2014This is real close to my office so I took some friends for lunch. We ate inside but should have eaten on the beautiful patio. We made a reservation but did not need one. The fish tacos were good. The flatbread pizza was ok. You will find mostly high end pub food on the menu. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice lunch- twice!fanfanDined on 7/25/2014lovely waitress - give her a promotion! above and beyondSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014The food was less than par and the waiter even said when asked what is good that the kitchen team is not very talented. Great outside area though!Special Features:
- Worst service everHadHighHopesDined on 7/19/2014The patio is lovely which is what lured us in, however we were so disappointed by the level of poor service we received. It took 20 minutes for someone to take our drink order, another 20 minutes for 2/3 of us to get said drinks, and another 20 before the 3rd person in our party to get her drink. No reason it should take 40 minutes to get a beer. It was an hour before our order was taken and we were not asked if we wanted another drink. By the end we had been sitting there for 2.5 hours, when we wanted a 45 minute meal. There were two other tables on the patio with us (not packed by any stretch) and we had a different waitress every time someone came by. Erin was the only nice one. The others were curt, unfriendly and in some cases rude.
- Go for the ambiance not foodSouthEndDinerDined on 7/11/2014Great outdoor patio for after work drinks and socializing! The food is mediocre at best....but being outside made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynneDined on 7/1/2014The Food was superb and the wait staff were extremely attentive. The outdoor patio is roomy and perfect for a nice summer's day. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good food - slow serviceAbbyDeMoDined on 6/20/2014Sterlings has a decent menu but service is so ridiculously slow at lunchtime. It's especially hard because we have a fixed amount of time and we always get stuck. Also our orders always get messed up. A little more attention would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodgoodserviceDined on 6/11/2014I enjoyed a very solid lunch at Sterling's with friends. The food was quite tasty and our witness was lovely. We sat outside...unfortunately the sun doesn't reach the patio at lunchtime but it was still a treat to enjoy the fresh air. There's a dearth of decent lunchtime options in the area and this is a solid choice.Special Features:
- Under whelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Too noisy Too much a bar scene Underwhelmed In a good spot but not up to expectationsSpecial Features:
- Not so great - won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014We made a reservation and when we arrived they had overbooked so they had no tables and we were made to sit at the bar. The good was just so so. We had a black bean hummus to start (which they did comp for us) but it tasted funny - sort of fizzy, strange. I had their special which was a grilled chicken sandwich on pita it had bacon on it but the bacon was not cooked so I had to remove the bacon. Overall it was just not a great experience, I will not be going back.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Sterling's reviews archive.
- Delicious lunch fare!AbbyDeMoDined on 5/15/2014We came here as a large group and had a great lunch. Service was great - not one order was wrong in 11 people! Burgers were terrific as was the grilled cheese - fish tacos do-so. Good place for a nice lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchlunchbuddiesDined on 5/13/2014My co-worker took me there for my birthday lunch and we had the burger. Very large portion. did not finish fries. Excellent price. same cost as Elephant and Castle but much better food. Better seating and outdoor seating is awesome on good days.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014The location is the reason why I frequent this restaurant. All winter I have not been to Sterlings once, only when it's nice out do I remember I love this place. The food is nice, but bland. There's nothing wrong with it, except that it's difficult to remember what you ate. On the other hand, the bar outside is superb. What a fabulous idea, you'll see me there once or twice a week until the leaves change. Service is excellent as well, super friendly and attentive!Special Features:
- Friendly, relaxed and funLadyLuvs2EatDined on 4/21/2014We went to an early post-marathon dinner, so it was pretty quiet. I can't say what the place is like on a usual night. However, the wait staff was energetic and fun, the service was fast and the food good. The buffalo chicken flatbread was tasty as was the black bean hummus. It's tucked in the back of the 60 State St. building, and the place overlooks a nice courtyard that's away from the hustle and bustle of the street. To me, it seemed like a fun lunch or after-work happy hour spot.Special Features:
- Good food, good beer optionsBerkerycDined on 2/24/2014We went on Monday night around 7:30 and it was pretty dead - guess it is more of an after work crowd. But the food/beer was great. Would definitely go back.
- We had an 8:30pm reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We had an 8:30pm reservation for a party of 10 on Saturday night and when we arrived the restaurant was closed. No call, no cancellation. Terrible experience, not dependable.
- Fun and tastyMandyDined on 2/14/2014We made last minute GALentines Day reservations for 6 of us and Sterlings was very accommodating. Our table was ready when we got there, our server was extremely attentive and always came back at just the right moment for refills or order updates. She modified any food item we wanted and was extremely helpful. My first time at Sterling's and I'm def going back. Great food, value, awesome staff, and great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to sit and chatApalimeDined on 1/8/2014Nice place to sit and chat food is mediocre, service is goodSpecial Features:
- Just oktrublusuDined on 12/19/2013This place has a strange layout. The seating is either huge banquets or tiny tables for two. It has a nice big bar, but the dining room is very small. I've had lunch there twice and both times the food and service were good. The biggest issue I have is that the place is fairly new and smells that way, like paint and upolstry, which kills the tastebuds. The menu isn't very large, it could use a few more choices.Special Features:
- The oysters were outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/13/2013The oysters were outstanding, the Tuna steak sandwich was excellent, the steal tip dinner was quite small, that was the only disappointment of the nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuAbbhDined on 11/30/2013Loved everything about the restaurant, limited menu - could benefit from a few more choices.Special Features:
- Small footprint, but bothBusinessluncherDined on 11/20/2013Small footprint, but both lunches were great. Beat slad with crabcake, caesar with salmon. Also split the lobster tacos. ..and our server was very good with suggestions and checking in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingJoyceDined on 11/9/2013When coming in with a reservation, there was not many people at the restaurant. The menu selection was underwhelming. My short rib bolgnese was too spicy. I tried my boyfriend's dish (wild boar fettuccine), and that was good. Overall, I thought the food was mediocre. The service was also good.
- SterlingsdinerinbostonDined on 11/2/2013This was good but from what I read, had expected it be quieter and more intimate than it was. There was a birthday party and the people took over the restaurant which would have been fine if not expecting a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- best kept secretimendoza884Dined on 10/31/2013The Glynn Hospitality group has another hit on their hands. This place is small but great place to go with a group, hang at the bar, dates and etc. Love the decor! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun foodAfterWorkDined on 10/25/2013Great menu. Extrememely hard to choose!!! Lobster tacos are a must. Fish part of the fish and chips was a little plain. Scallops cooked perfectly. Risotto a little too lemony for my tastes. Fun atmosphere - very small, decorated well. Excellent service. Our waitress was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big girls night out~great startNancyDined on 10/10/2013A great surprise! Food was plentiful and hot. Music from the 80s! Fun spot.Special Features:
- Classy Hidden GemrhetterbugDined on 9/28/2013Beautiful upscale bar with DELICIOUS food and drinks. Somewhat tucked away from the rest of faneuil hall with a subdued sophisticated atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and theDinerDined on 9/27/2013The food was great and the atmosphere was beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great lunchCatherineS123Dined on 9/15/2013Came here for brunch/lunch with some friends. Service was excellent. We enjoyed the large outside dining area - they even have a large outdoor bar.You're right in the Faneuil Hall area, so we could hear the street performers playing music while we ate. Overall a good experience, I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eggs? How can you ruin eggs?chloebuttsDined on 8/11/2013Eggs? How can you ruin eggs? I ordered scrambled, they came out looking like they were fried and with runny yolks. Sent them back and was given some that were better but not quite what was expected. The potatoes "hash style" were fair, and slightly under cooked. Best part was the toast! Also, they never filled up the coffee cup all the way. I don't quite get why? Let's just say I don't think we will be going back there again.
- Food and service was excellent.TeapDined on 8/2/2013Food and service was excellent. Only complaint is that restaurant offered only two desserts and one was sold out. The dessert we got was a bit hard to eat. We needed a knife to cut. Should offer bigger selection and desserts should be delicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad!jtwizzleDined on 7/29/2013Came for lunch--outdoor seating was great and abundant! Food was so-so, service was great, would definitely make it back here for cocktails after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right in Faneuil Hall, Sterling'sMint1224Dined on 7/24/2013Right in Faneuil Hall, Sterling's has a great location. The lunch menu is just okay, nothing to brag home about but you can't beat their prices. The dinner menu is much better. Much like Hillstone's downstairs but with a much better outdoor seating area. We did a work lunch and it went really well. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Sterling's is in our buildingMint1224Dined on 7/2/2013Sterling's is in our building and it is a very welcome addition! Good food and service and a very nice atmosphere. Not large but a good space for client meetings as an alternative to Hillstone's, which can be loud, or McCormick's (which is ordinary). Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great for lunch, HH, and dinner.Mint1224Dined on 6/17/2013Great for lunch, HH, and dinner. Food is pretty good - not outstanding but good. Drinks are decently sized and well-made. Definitely recommend.Special Features: