Stephi's On Tremont
571 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stephi's On Tremont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stephisontremont.com/
- Phone: 6172362063
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Corey Comeau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: private room for up to 14. Audio/Visual with Ipod dock and computer connectivity to the large 80" HD overhead projection screen.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Clark 617-236-2063
A word from Stephi's On Tremont
On Newbury Street it’s a legend. Now it’s time for Stephanie’s to stake its claim in the South End. Stephi’s on Tremont is set to open this winter, in the coveted former home of The Garden of Eden on Tremont at Union Park. This second Steph’s will feature many of the same elements that have made the Back Bay location a landmark: Floor-to-ceiling windows, a substantial patio and, of course, prime corner real estate will make for outstanding people watching in one of the city’s most fabulous neighborhoods. Always a favorite for its comfortable, somewhat residential décor and service, Stephanie’s is a go-to for lunch, brunch and dinner…in the summer and the winter…for an afternoon drink or a blow-out celebration. A sophisticated comfort menu inspired by the original (and even including some of the classics) will be served in the bar & lounge, the dining room and a private dining room for special events. Stephanie’s feels like home, but better. Now come home to the South End!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Stephi's On Tremont - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Stephi's On Tremont reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (33)great for outdoor dining (31)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (24)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (11)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great restaurant witionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014This is a great find in an area with many notable restaurants - good service and lovely food.Special Features:
- Great servicediner01867Dined on 10/24/2014My friend and I had an 8:00PM reservation on a Friday night but arrived almost an hour early. The hostess was very nice and was able to seat us right away. Our waiter was friendly but not intrusive. Later when an exceedingly noisy group sat down next to us, the waiter nicely accommodated our request to move us to another table. The food was very good and a good selection. I had the steak frites and it was delicious. The restaurant is nicely decorated and with attractive mood lighting. It is very noisy, if that bothers you, though. I wasn't bothered but my friend was. Overall I liked it and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tyler1VIPDined on 10/23/2014Meatloaf was absolutely delicious. Onion rings good but lacked crunch.Special Features:
- Long time friendKenLDined on 10/21/2014The restaurant has a nice energy, comfortable atmosphere, and great food. We both enjoyed the meatloaf and can't wait to try the mac and cheese. In addition, we had absolutely perfect service. As long time friends who hadn't seen each other in a while, the server was engaged but encouraged a leisurely pace. That really added to our enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchGarrettDined on 10/18/2014We had a great brunch at Stephi's with some friends who were visiting from New York. The service was great and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the Arepa Con Chorizo as well as the blueberry pancakes.Special Features:
- Great Late night spotThaiKingVIPDined on 10/14/2014I've visited a couple of times after an event at the cyclorama and it was a great after event spot. I have eaten both inside and out and both times great food, wine & service. The staff was very helpful & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchFuzzyDined on 10/14/2014All the staff were wonderful! Our birthday lunch was top itch! Food was delicious & plentiful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly under parpaulmcDined on 10/11/2014Having visited Stephi's two years ago, I was looking forward to the evening, but it really wasn't quite up to scratch. Duck spring roll starter was dry and pretty tasteless; mains were better, including a pretty good roast cod on a chowder base. But service was slow throughout, despite the attention of a smiley waiter who could have been helped with some back-up. A minor row between two staff as they set the next table didn't help the atmosphere. A Saturday night and there weer free tables for much of the evening; says it all.Special Features:
- It wasn't that good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Usually I have enjoyed Steffi's but last Friday night...it wasn't that great. My appetizer, dinner and dessert were fine. My dining companion didn't fare as well. Although he and the waiter discussed his choices - no potato/extra veggies (he was told no problem) - it didn't happen. AND the meal he ordered wasn't explained very well and contained something he couldn't eat. Then...they seemed to be in a rush to get rid of us. All in all...not very satisfactory. I would rather go across the street to Aquitaine - the food is better, the service is better and the prices are comparable.Special Features:
- Stephi's is deliciousHappydinerVIPDined on 10/10/2014It's proximity to the South End Arts complex coupled with delicious food, great service and a lively ambiance make this a great pre or post theatre choice. The menu is bistro stle with a large selection including generous salads, sandwiches, and comforting main dishes like chicken under a brick, and bacon mac and cheese. There are also many crative appetizers and large desserts. Outdoor dining is also available in the picturesque neighborhood.Special Features:
- Deafening ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Our experience would have been ever so much better if we could have heard ourselves at our table over the deafening noise at the bar. It was a bit of a shock for an early Sunday evening post concert dinner with friends!Special Features:
- Consistantly ExcellentEmmaLucyVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I have been to Stephi's many times for lunch, the food and service are consistently good, never disapointed.Special Features:
- Celebratory DinnerCWesslerDined on 9/19/2014I had never been to Stephi's on Tremont before -- booked a reservation to celebrate my boyfriend's promotion at work based on yelp reviews + the menu. We went on a Friday night at 7pm. We were greeted with fabulous service.. the drinks were very good -- recommend the patio painkiller! We both ended up ordering the steak. DELICIOUS. I was so pleased with how the night turned out and our waitress was great! Will definitely return and recommend to others! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and Preoccupied ServerCBCBDined on 9/13/2014We chose Stephi's on Tremont because it was close to the Boston Center of the Arts and had a varied and "healthy" menu, and it was great in both those respects. Unfortunately, while our dinner was delicious, the service was not comparable. Although the restaurant was not crowded, our server was slow to show up at our table, never told us about the evening's specials and didn't refill up our water glasses until we asked. While not a show stopper, this was disappointing...I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad priceyStarchildVIPDined on 9/1/2014I went with someone for breakfast this past Sunday... For an omelet, potatoes, one drink, and another omelet and potatoes and OJ, $65. I think for the price I would have gone somewhere else... It didn't taste that great, portions were ok, but it was just bland... I think this place is known for it's night life instead of breakfast.
- I'll take Cod for the win Alex!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014So glad you keep the Cod dish on the menu! 5 years running? Yum! My only thought is the amount of the chowder as the base has decreased. It makes the dish so be generous. You get a spoon with the dish but there was barely enough to push into a spoon. Matthew, our server, was fantastic! We camped out at that table for a 3 hour dinner and he was consistently friendly and attentive through out. Huge asset to the restaurant. I like a server that has some personality and wit!Special Features:
- MaraDined on 8/26/2014kitchen took a very long time and made a mistake on the order which had to be sent backSpecial Features:
- Very AccomedatingYummmDined on 8/21/2014Kind waitstaff didn't mind that we were late for our reservation, made me a great drink while waiting for my date, & didn't mind giving me a half portion of their famous meatloaf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014I used to love this place and be a frequest customer (loved the tuna tartare). Over the last few months the food quality has decreased significantly (the last tuna tartare that I got the tuna tasted like it was frozen and had a lot of wather built in...). In otherwords, the food quality and service have decreased, and the portion sizes got smaller (had the scolops recently as a dinner plate and it looked like an aptz) and the prices have increased (some items ~ 20%). Will not be going back there any time soon. Too many other good places in the area to settle for mediocre food quality.Special Features:
- Great for brunch!Kenmore534VIPDined on 8/16/2014Perfect place for brunch, has outdoor seating as well.Special Features:
- Good not greatemelDined on 8/3/2014Nice looking restaurant, we were seated indoors as no outside tables were available. Service was pleasant, good except waiter brought us the check before asking about coffee or dessert. Were they trying to tell us something? Burger was very good, fries OK,. My wife's crab cake was acceptable but not otherwise remarkable.Roasted potatoes were cold. Bloody Marys very good, of course, but best ever might be an overstatement. Dessert was good, presented nicely, but the least chocolate fudgy chocolate fudge dessert I have seen. Overall, would go back again and explore menu further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We went for the bloody marys, but had delicious meals as well. My omelet was divine, but I wish I had known that it came with potatoes so that I didn't pay another $2 for the (albeit, delicious) toast. My friends' meals looked great (they both had the crab cake benedict). And, of course, the bloody marys were amazing. The checklist is a brilliant idea, but they do take a while to make, so you need to get the orders in as soon as possible. There was a steady stream of people, but never a line, so our waiter should not have taken so long to get our drink orders, meal orders, check in, get the check, etc. That said, we weren't in a hurry, so everything worked out.Special Features:
- Always great, needs some work done.BunkieVIPDined on 7/30/2014I eat here once or twice a month since I live in the neighborhood. It's always a great option because the food is good. I took my friend there for his 40th birthday and made a note on the reservation to please do a happy birthday dessert and just put it on my bill. Not a group if singing waiters, just a little writing on the plate, maybe a candle. Just something special. Instead, nothing! Not even a dessert and a happy birthday to my friend. Dissapointed so I'll try a few new places that opened across the street instead. You'll enjoy your dinner but don't hold your breath for anything special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFatcattnDined on 7/26/2014I had the crab cake Benedict While the crab cakes were good, it was missing something. I wish I'd gone with the traditional version. I'm always trying something new. Sometimes I get burned. The Hubs had the brioche french toast. Honestly, it could not have been any better. Best french toast I've ever tasted. Seriously, seriously good. We asked for coffee with cream. Our server brought skim milk. She seemed shocked when we asked for cream. She said, "But that's skim milk," like we must be mistaken. It was comical. Oh! Mustn't forget the, build your own Bloody Mary. Fun & delish. Loved that. The decor is modern, but homey and comfortable. I saw it while returning from Blue Man Group. Glad they serve Saturday brunch & glad we checked it out.Special Features:
- Can't cook a burger :-(GmathVIPDined on 7/17/2014Our drinks and appetizers were good but our burger asked medium rare came out like a hockey puck. Was going to have them refire me one but our neighbors in the restaraunt had already sent theirs back twice so I decided to give up. The manager was nice and apologized but didn't comp anything and tried to offer a dessert. We decided if you can't cook a burger right then a dessert definitely won't be right so we declined. Very disappointed in my last few experiences here probably won't be coming back unless it's to the bar for a drink.Special Features:
- Not impressedTbobosDined on 7/13/2014First time I've been to this location. I've always liked the one on Newbury but I found this one not up to par. The service seemed somewhat chaotic, there seemed to be about 4 different people waiting on our table. I think this resulted in my order coming medium well instead of medium rare. My food was over cooked in every way and I left more than half of it on my plate (strangely they never asked if I wanted to take it home, like they knew I didn't like it.) I should have sent it back but wasn't in the mood to throw everyone at the table out of sync. The over all experience left me feeling like I don't want to bother going back. Plenty of other options in that location.
- dependable... goodKevinbostonVIPDined on 7/11/2014we sat outside. The service was fine. we all had basic salads. they were fresh and as one would expect. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 576 reviews are from the Stephi's On Tremont reviews archive.
- I really wanna like this place, butchuckmac07VIPDined on 7/2/2014they just can't seem to get 'the food thing' right. really nice atmosphere, attentive servers and some great food, but not all great food. this is my 3rd time at Stephi's and to coin a phrase: it's always something. for my prior 2 dinners, great halibut but drenched in a thick buttery sauce that killed the dish. in this case for lunch, terrific salad and Irish soda bread plus fresh chicken salad with sliced nuts and capers, but then they wreck it by drowning it in mayonaisse. so an otherwise 5-star experience is ruined by the need to - once again - drench an entree in sauce/mayo. as i said, i really wanna like this place: great decor and service and they're right around the corner, but...
- Great addition to Tremont StmlbabyDined on 6/27/2014Stephi's, was a really good find for us, great food. Bread was delicious and a little different to the regular bread you get at most restaurants. Appetizer of duck spring rolls, really good. I got the baked cod and my partner the paella - both delicious! Shared a cheesecake dessert which was fab. The atmosphere was relaxed and our waiter was attentive and friendly . Will definitely return and will certainly recommend to friends. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNixxo1121Dined on 6/25/2014Drinks, dinner, apps and company were all wonderful! We enjoyed everything about the meal and restaurant. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diego was awesomemattasticaDined on 6/21/2014Service was great. We spilled a drink (note: Coronaritas become top heavy) and it was promptly cleaned without incident or attracting too much attention. It was also replaced by a fresh (coronaless) version of it. Food was great. Stephi's delivered upon its consitency. First time there for Dinner btw; typically a Newbury street denizen. Diego--our server--was the highlight. Personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!hungry1Dined on 6/18/2014You must try the tuna sashimi salad with pears and beets and mandarin orange segments hiding among the leafy greens. Excellent! And the chocolate fudge brownie bread pudding is scrumptious. Peach/blueberry crisp was good, though a bit on the tart side. The vanilla ice cream helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality for brunch or dinnerReviewahVIPDined on 6/15/2014At brunch, the salty pretzel crusted crab cake benedict was excellent. I had the "executive Mimosa" (featuring vodka with the usual orange & champagne) to get my day started just right. There are small tables for two and booths for larger groups, as well as a few tables (seasonally of course) outdoor on Tremont St, right in the heart of the South End. There is a well-stocked bar with a good crowd and TV. Dinner is also very nice at Stefi's, featuring a gourmet comfort food menu. The ambience is a less formal, relaxed but always fun and sophisticated little sister to the extremely popular Stephanie's on Newbury with more of a neighborhood vibe and less touristy and busy than the Newbury location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Loved this place!!! We've been several times and always have enjoyed the experience. The "Roast Turkey Club goes salad" is a favorite -- Creative comfort food, great wine selection & friendly service!Special Features:
- Its Our Go To...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/8/2014Consistently great food and service. Had the Tuna Melt today. Was great! The Cajun fries were a little heavy on the seasoning for my taste. Next time I'll ask for the regular fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephi's on TremontsjdinctDined on 6/8/2014Always excellent and very dependable. Our number one spot to dine before going to the Calderwood Pavillion!!Special Features:
- great localtionsuzyVIPDined on 6/7/2014If you want to people watch this is a great place to go. There is a small outdoor area but even many of the indoor tables have a view of busy Tremont street. That it was a beautiful night didn't hurt and it is just down the street from the Calderwood so It was easy one stop parking. Varied menu and signature comfort foods as well. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater dinnertheaterloverDined on 5/31/2014The menu is varied and everything was delicious. Service is excellent. Just a short walk from the Boston Center for the Arts.Special Features:
- Visiting from PhiladelphiafoodiesDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed our brunch. the wait staff was patient (a few in our party were late arriving) The selections were appetizing and everything was served hot. The portion sizes were ample and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2014I have celiac and the staff was knowledgeable and accommodating regarding my dietary restriction, which was most welcome. I am a repeat customer and will return!I would recommend this to a friend.