Stephi's On Tremont
571 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stephi's On Tremont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stephisontremont.com/
- Phone: 6172362063
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Corey Comeau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: private room for up to 14. Audio/Visual with Ipod dock and computer connectivity to the large 80" HD overhead projection screen.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Clark 617-236-2063
A word from Stephi's On Tremont
On Newbury Street it’s a legend. Now it’s time for Stephanie’s to stake its claim in the South End. Stephi’s on Tremont is set to open this winter, in the coveted former home of The Garden of Eden on Tremont at Union Park. This second Steph’s will feature many of the same elements that have made the Back Bay location a landmark: Floor-to-ceiling windows, a substantial patio and, of course, prime corner real estate will make for outstanding people watching in one of the city’s most fabulous neighborhoods. Always a favorite for its comfortable, somewhat residential décor and service, Stephanie’s is a go-to for lunch, brunch and dinner…in the summer and the winter…for an afternoon drink or a blow-out celebration. A sophisticated comfort menu inspired by the original (and even including some of the classics) will be served in the bar & lounge, the dining room and a private dining room for special events. Stephanie’s feels like home, but better. Now come home to the South End!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Stephi's On Tremont - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Stephi's On Tremont reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (35)great for brunch (33)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (26)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (8)romantic (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Consistantly ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I have been to Stephi's many times for lunch, the food and service are consistently good, never disapointed.Special Features:
- Celebratory DinnerCWesslerDined on 9/19/2014I had never been to Stephi's on Tremont before -- booked a reservation to celebrate my boyfriend's promotion at work based on yelp reviews + the menu. We went on a Friday night at 7pm. We were greeted with fabulous service.. the drinks were very good -- recommend the patio painkiller! We both ended up ordering the steak. DELICIOUS. I was so pleased with how the night turned out and our waitress was great! Will definitely return and recommend to others! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and Preoccupied ServerCBCBDined on 9/13/2014We chose Stephi's on Tremont because it was close to the Boston Center of the Arts and had a varied and "healthy" menu, and it was great in both those respects. Unfortunately, while our dinner was delicious, the service was not comparable. Although the restaurant was not crowded, our server was slow to show up at our table, never told us about the evening's specials and didn't refill up our water glasses until we asked. While not a show stopper, this was disappointing...I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad priceyStarchildVIPDined on 9/1/2014I went with someone for breakfast this past Sunday... For an omelet, potatoes, one drink, and another omelet and potatoes and OJ, $65. I think for the price I would have gone somewhere else... It didn't taste that great, portions were ok, but it was just bland... I think this place is known for it's night life instead of breakfast.
- I'll take Cod for the win Alex!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014So glad you keep the Cod dish on the menu! 5 years running? Yum! My only thought is the amount of the chowder as the base has decreased. It makes the dish so be generous. You get a spoon with the dish but there was barely enough to push into a spoon. Matthew, our server, was fantastic! We camped out at that table for a 3 hour dinner and he was consistently friendly and attentive through out. Huge asset to the restaurant. I like a server that has some personality and wit!Special Features:
- MaraDined on 8/26/2014kitchen took a very long time and made a mistake on the order which had to be sent backSpecial Features:
- Very AccomedatingYummmDined on 8/21/2014Kind waitstaff didn't mind that we were late for our reservation, made me a great drink while waiting for my date, & didn't mind giving me a half portion of their famous meatloaf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014I used to love this place and be a frequest customer (loved the tuna tartare). Over the last few months the food quality has decreased significantly (the last tuna tartare that I got the tuna tasted like it was frozen and had a lot of wather built in...). In otherwords, the food quality and service have decreased, and the portion sizes got smaller (had the scolops recently as a dinner plate and it looked like an aptz) and the prices have increased (some items ~ 20%). Will not be going back there any time soon. Too many other good places in the area to settle for mediocre food quality.Special Features:
- Great for brunch!Kenmore534VIPDined on 8/16/2014Perfect place for brunch, has outdoor seating as well.Special Features:
- Good not greatemelDined on 8/3/2014Nice looking restaurant, we were seated indoors as no outside tables were available. Service was pleasant, good except waiter brought us the check before asking about coffee or dessert. Were they trying to tell us something? Burger was very good, fries OK,. My wife's crab cake was acceptable but not otherwise remarkable.Roasted potatoes were cold. Bloody Marys very good, of course, but best ever might be an overstatement. Dessert was good, presented nicely, but the least chocolate fudgy chocolate fudge dessert I have seen. Overall, would go back again and explore menu further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We went for the bloody marys, but had delicious meals as well. My omelet was divine, but I wish I had known that it came with potatoes so that I didn't pay another $2 for the (albeit, delicious) toast. My friends' meals looked great (they both had the crab cake benedict). And, of course, the bloody marys were amazing. The checklist is a brilliant idea, but they do take a while to make, so you need to get the orders in as soon as possible. There was a steady stream of people, but never a line, so our waiter should not have taken so long to get our drink orders, meal orders, check in, get the check, etc. That said, we weren't in a hurry, so everything worked out.Special Features:
- Always great, needs some work done.BunkieVIPDined on 7/30/2014I eat here once or twice a month since I live in the neighborhood. It's always a great option because the food is good. I took my friend there for his 40th birthday and made a note on the reservation to please do a happy birthday dessert and just put it on my bill. Not a group if singing waiters, just a little writing on the plate, maybe a candle. Just something special. Instead, nothing! Not even a dessert and a happy birthday to my friend. Dissapointed so I'll try a few new places that opened across the street instead. You'll enjoy your dinner but don't hold your breath for anything special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFatcattnDined on 7/26/2014I had the crab cake Benedict While the crab cakes were good, it was missing something. I wish I'd gone with the traditional version. I'm always trying something new. Sometimes I get burned. The Hubs had the brioche french toast. Honestly, it could not have been any better. Best french toast I've ever tasted. Seriously, seriously good. We asked for coffee with cream. Our server brought skim milk. She seemed shocked when we asked for cream. She said, "But that's skim milk," like we must be mistaken. It was comical. Oh! Mustn't forget the, build your own Bloody Mary. Fun & delish. Loved that. The decor is modern, but homey and comfortable. I saw it while returning from Blue Man Group. Glad they serve Saturday brunch & glad we checked it out.Special Features:
- Can't cook a burger :-(GmathVIPDined on 7/17/2014Our drinks and appetizers were good but our burger asked medium rare came out like a hockey puck. Was going to have them refire me one but our neighbors in the restaraunt had already sent theirs back twice so I decided to give up. The manager was nice and apologized but didn't comp anything and tried to offer a dessert. We decided if you can't cook a burger right then a dessert definitely won't be right so we declined. Very disappointed in my last few experiences here probably won't be coming back unless it's to the bar for a drink.Special Features:
- Not impressedTbobosDined on 7/13/2014First time I've been to this location. I've always liked the one on Newbury but I found this one not up to par. The service seemed somewhat chaotic, there seemed to be about 4 different people waiting on our table. I think this resulted in my order coming medium well instead of medium rare. My food was over cooked in every way and I left more than half of it on my plate (strangely they never asked if I wanted to take it home, like they knew I didn't like it.) I should have sent it back but wasn't in the mood to throw everyone at the table out of sync. The over all experience left me feeling like I don't want to bother going back. Plenty of other options in that location.
- dependable... goodKevinbostonVIPDined on 7/11/2014we sat outside. The service was fine. we all had basic salads. they were fresh and as one would expect. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really wanna like this place, butchuckmac07VIPDined on 7/2/2014they just can't seem to get 'the food thing' right. really nice atmosphere, attentive servers and some great food, but not all great food. this is my 3rd time at Stephi's and to coin a phrase: it's always something. for my prior 2 dinners, great halibut but drenched in a thick buttery sauce that killed the dish. in this case for lunch, terrific salad and Irish soda bread plus fresh chicken salad with sliced nuts and capers, but then they wreck it by drowning it in mayonaisse. so an otherwise 5-star experience is ruined by the need to - once again - drench an entree in sauce/mayo. as i said, i really wanna like this place: great decor and service and they're right around the corner, but...
- Great addition to Tremont StmlbabyDined on 6/27/2014Stephi's, was a really good find for us, great food. Bread was delicious and a little different to the regular bread you get at most restaurants. Appetizer of duck spring rolls, really good. I got the baked cod and my partner the paella - both delicious! Shared a cheesecake dessert which was fab. The atmosphere was relaxed and our waiter was attentive and friendly . Will definitely return and will certainly recommend to friends. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNixxo1121Dined on 6/25/2014Drinks, dinner, apps and company were all wonderful! We enjoyed everything about the meal and restaurant. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diego was awesomemattasticaDined on 6/21/2014Service was great. We spilled a drink (note: Coronaritas become top heavy) and it was promptly cleaned without incident or attracting too much attention. It was also replaced by a fresh (coronaless) version of it. Food was great. Stephi's delivered upon its consitency. First time there for Dinner btw; typically a Newbury street denizen. Diego--our server--was the highlight. Personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!hungry1Dined on 6/18/2014You must try the tuna sashimi salad with pears and beets and mandarin orange segments hiding among the leafy greens. Excellent! And the chocolate fudge brownie bread pudding is scrumptious. Peach/blueberry crisp was good, though a bit on the tart side. The vanilla ice cream helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality for brunch or dinnerReviewahVIPDined on 6/15/2014At brunch, the salty pretzel crusted crab cake benedict was excellent. I had the "executive Mimosa" (featuring vodka with the usual orange & champagne) to get my day started just right. There are small tables for two and booths for larger groups, as well as a few tables (seasonally of course) outdoor on Tremont St, right in the heart of the South End. There is a well-stocked bar with a good crowd and TV. Dinner is also very nice at Stefi's, featuring a gourmet comfort food menu. The ambience is a less formal, relaxed but always fun and sophisticated little sister to the extremely popular Stephanie's on Newbury with more of a neighborhood vibe and less touristy and busy than the Newbury location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Loved this place!!! We've been several times and always have enjoyed the experience. The "Roast Turkey Club goes salad" is a favorite -- Creative comfort food, great wine selection & friendly service!Special Features:
- Its Our Go To...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/8/2014Consistently great food and service. Had the Tuna Melt today. Was great! The Cajun fries were a little heavy on the seasoning for my taste. Next time I'll ask for the regular fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephi's on TremontsjdinctDined on 6/8/2014Always excellent and very dependable. Our number one spot to dine before going to the Calderwood Pavillion!!Special Features:
- The following 567 reviews are from the Stephi's On Tremont reviews archive.
- great localtionsuzyVIPDined on 6/7/2014If you want to people watch this is a great place to go. There is a small outdoor area but even many of the indoor tables have a view of busy Tremont street. That it was a beautiful night didn't hurt and it is just down the street from the Calderwood so It was easy one stop parking. Varied menu and signature comfort foods as well. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater dinnertheaterloverDined on 5/31/2014The menu is varied and everything was delicious. Service is excellent. Just a short walk from the Boston Center for the Arts.Special Features:
- Visiting from PhiladelphiafoodiesDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed our brunch. the wait staff was patient (a few in our party were late arriving) The selections were appetizing and everything was served hot. The portion sizes were ample and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2014I have celiac and the staff was knowledgeable and accommodating regarding my dietary restriction, which was most welcome. I am a repeat customer and will return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- deborah1019Dined on 5/27/2014Stephi's on Tremont is a reliable restaurant for before or after theater in the South End. The service is good and there is a large variety of offerings, making it possible to go there with other people and have either a small meal or a hearty one. We enjoy going to Stephi's before we go to the Calderwood, several times a year.Special Features:
- Staff and outside sitting are best.Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was ok, nothing great. I had the burger. For $17, the plate was a little bare: putting more French fries or salad could have solved that problem. The best feature is sitting outside on a sunny afternoon. Our waitress was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014very good food...great menu...front door staff very un-caring and inefficientSpecial Features:
- foodieDined on 5/18/2014Very nice experience. Good food. Plates could have been hot.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceEmilyDined on 5/18/2014Great food and wine and great service! Had table by a window with a street view; very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect "special" bistro atmospherepainter14Dined on 5/17/2014Loved the atmosphere; cheerful, attentive, timely service. I wish the food had been a bit more skillfully prepared: crab cakes were dry, wanted more seasoning, and the mustard sauce that accompanied them tasted like straight mustard, and was overpowering. More flavor in the crabcakes, and a more delicate sauce would be lovely; also, maybe that "pretzel crumb" coating isn't working so well - might if it were a coarser crumb, and the inside was more moist. My companion had paella, reported that it was "good, but overcooked".Special Features:
- Great discovery for me!TOLmusicVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was a excellent. The waitress very cute! Overall, fun time!Special Features:
- Great!!!ChelseaDined on 5/10/2014I love coming back to Stephi's again and again. Brunch is the best - you wont regret it!Special Features:
- Neighborhood spotVeggieMomVIPDined on 5/9/2014Stephi's has entree size salads, plus meat or fish entrees, and interesting cocktailsSpecial Features:
- DisappointingPtownmanDined on 5/4/2014Read some rave reviews about this spot and it is clearly popular so I arranged to meet 2 friends for brunch on Sunday at 2:30. We arrived 15 minutes early and were seated promptly (+++) and the waiter took drink orders promptly (+++). The dining room was very noisy (-) and the windows were all open making it uncomfortably chilly (---) as it was breezy and cool outdoors. The waiter recommended the meatloaf hash as a "specialty" of the house (-----). Meatloaf was mostly grain and tasteless; the entire dish was uninspired and bland. My companions did not fare much better. Their entree's (tuna and a vegan salad) were also very bland and unremarkable. The food was at best mediocre and on par with your average cafeteria or diner.Special Features:
- Very pleasant timeDirkDined on 4/26/2014We had a very pleasant time. The service and food were excellent despite the fact the restaurant was very crowded.Special Features: