1807 Ross Suite 200
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stephanpyles.com/
- Phone: 2145807000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm: Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Kyle Barham
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stephan Pyles
Latest Restaurant of Celebrity Chef Stephan Pyles, pioneer of New American Cuisine and founding Father of Southwestern Cuisine. This architecturally significant restaurant serves Pyles newest style of cooking, New Millennium Southwestern, with emphasis on cultures that are related to Spain - The Latin New World, The Mediterranean and Arabia,Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stephan Pyles reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)fit for foodies (95)romantic (67)notable wine list (40)great for lunch (33)good for groups (31)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- A fabulous meal with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014A visit to Dallas made special by our meal. It was restaurant week and the meal with wine pairings was superb. Our waiter helped make this a meal to remember and we have already recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second lookReneeBuddenDined on 8/26/2014I have been to SP many times, however, in recent months stopped going because noise level was too loud and length of time to get food was astronomical. I am happy to report that after eating at SP for lunch at insistence of client I was pleasantly surprised. The ambience was much more suitable for conversation than my previous visits, the service was outstanding, the food came in a reasonable time, and was deliciously flavorful. Highly recommend the seasonal drink of watermelon lemonade. I am not normally a lemonade drinker, however, cannot recommend this enough. It was so refreshing. Our group also shared a dessert sampler. Delicious and something for everyone including one in our party with a vegan diet. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014My friends and I went for restaurant week. Food, service and ambience was top notch as always..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitStanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere. Good Southwestern Caesar Salad...LOVED the jalapeno croutons Very good Tamales topped with Barbacoa...very complex flavors with the addition of peaches Very tender braised short ribs Very good blueberry cake
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The service was outstanding from the bartender to the wait staff! The food didn't quiet live up to expectations, I felt it was a little bland. However with the service received from Desseria (our waitress) I would actually go back again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlomDined on 8/21/2014Our reservation was during Restaurant Week and they didn't disappoint us! Food/service was wonderful as well as selections to choose from.Special Features:
- Showing its AgeBacchus2bDined on 8/16/2014I took my wife out for a "date night" on Saturday and we decided to come back and revisit Stephan Pyles. Maybe it was because we went in for an early reservation while the sun was out, but my eyes could not help but be drawn to the tables with wear spots through the finish, carpet that has seen better days, and arm chairs that also had wear marks through the finish and worn fabrics. Not distressed for a "rustic" look, just old like they were original to 2006 when the restaurant first opened. We spent more than $250 on the restaurant week dinner menu for two (including tax, tip, extra course and wine pairings), and at that price point a nice décor and ambiance absolutely matters. Food was OK. The wine pairings were more successful.
- Food was fantastic!datenightDined on 8/15/2014Food was fantastic. The service was equally good. Definitely a place to visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Visitmsw1VIPDined on 8/13/2014Interesting and delicious menu for restaurant week. Wine pairings were very good. Service was excellent. Enjoyed the view of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Terrible food!JmstephenDined on 8/13/2014Very disappointing bland food. Terrible. Will never eat there again.
- Awesome ExperienceDallasDavid2Dined on 8/13/2014Dining at Stephen Pyles never disappoints. The food was outstanding. The service was perfect. Our waiter was very in tune with our timing. We generally don't linger. Our waiter picked up on that and adjusted his service style and speed accordingly. It was perfect.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014First the service was great, professional and still fun. My wife and I both enjoyed the wines we chose for our meals and the pour was very nice. The food was good and would have adequate at most places, but this is SP's. I expect to be wow'ed by the first bite to the point I say " you have to try this. That didn't happen for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reataurant weekFoodFollowerDined on 8/12/2014We have gone often and ate at the patio or bar. We decided to try restaurant week and the food was prepared perfectly and the presentation was beautiful. Although they were not full, the server seemed to rush us and a little annoyed we were doing restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But a Few MissesRaeLovesFoodDined on 8/12/2014I first visited Stephan Pyles two years ago. During that visit the food swept me away. Spectacular food & beautiful presentation. This latest visit didn't quite match up to the first. I began my meal with the pork tamale. Although it was tasty and well prepared, the mixture (or sauce) was on the sweet side. Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of sweet and savory pairings. My main entree, salmon, was perfectly prepared and topped with a hickory smoke (a frothy molecular gastronomy creation), then placed over a lima bean puree. For me, the puree/salmon flavor combo didn't work well together. The dessert, however, would satisfy any chocolate lover. The dense chocolate mousse creation was rich and flavorful. The service was superb & attentive.Special Features:
- This is how to do Restaurant WeekPalatableDined on 8/12/2014I understand the challenge for our best local restaurants to offer a 3-course dinner for $35/$45, so I appreciate the chefs who accept the challenge to make a great meal for us, and to donate a portion of their even slimmer margin to NTFB Stephan Pyles embraced this challenge! We enjoyed very high quality food and original craft cocktails in the beautiful space. I had a compressed watermelon salad, short rib over cheese grits, and blueberry cake. My companion had the tamale appetizer, chicken, and the chocolate pot de creme. All excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2014Even at restaurant week prices, this place was overpriced. The portions were well presented though teeny tiny and the flavors were off. We paid the extra $9 for the 4th course and couldn't help but wonder, "is that it???". Too much lime and not enough tuna!
- Great food and serviceJamesDined on 8/11/2014it starts at the parking and never misses a beat. Friendly service and great food. The open kitchen offer an appreciation of what ityb takes to produce a great meal. It is hard work!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant week dinnerLov4cookinDined on 8/9/2014This was our 2nd restaurant week visit at Stephen Pyles. As with any of his restaurants it was fantastic. What a great blend of regional ingredients. Fantastic service. Fantastic food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent in all respects. Refreshing to see a wine list without the need to be propped up by the "steakhouse specials" to make it a real list.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal !DineinDallasDined on 8/9/2014Great food, unique menu, attentive service and very nice dining atmosphere. My wife and I were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. This was my second time to dine at Stephan Pyles. Definitely looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We were hoping to be blown away by our meal after seeing other reviews, and although the meal started well the main course was really very disappointing... Would not bother
- Great place for lunchDebraVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food and service were outstanding. Noise level was not too loud which is a rare find. It's a little pricey but this is a great place to take your loved one or to meet people for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregSDined on 8/7/2014Great atmosphere and attitude of the staff. The fare can, sometimes, be a bit esoteric, but usually within the desirable spectrum. A definite mainstay on the out-of-town client entertainment list.Special Features:
- Fantastic!TedMDined on 8/6/2014We had a great business lunch at Stephan Pyles on Wednesday, August 6, 2014. The service was perfect, from beginning to end. The food? FANTASTIC! The lunch was a great success. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeRichDined on 8/1/2014I have visited Stephen Pyles several times over the past 5 years. I have always had a great experience. I had a fantastic time this time. They present unique dishes that are very interesting and tasty. Service is spectacular! My only suggestion is that the Restaurant can be even better if they offer more new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modest disappointmentfoodie44Dined on 7/30/2014We had a later lunch from 12:30 -2 p.m. While the wait staff was very nice, we had to ask for water 3 times. The mashed potatoes on my chicken dish were only warm when delivered and cold by the time I finished...yuck. The chicken was well seasoned but overcooked. Certainly not Star Canyon or Routh Street Cafe quality of food or level of service. The place is beautiful and has very comfortable seating.Special Features:
- Boy2904Dined on 7/26/2014Really disappointing food both entrees were really bad
- Fantastic nightDallasDinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014With a party of five (including three 18-year olds), we tried a wide variety of menu choices. Every selection was delicious and beautifully presented. Each ceviche was unique and wonderful; entrees from fish to duck were fantastic; desserts did not disappoint. The service--from the bus staff to our waiter--was exceptional; they were friendly while still very professional. I highly recommend Stephan PylesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had lunch herefishfoodieDined on 7/25/2014.Very impressed with service -Jess? so friendly, helpful-all suggestions were great. Let us share corn soup/Caesar salad-great combo. I had red snapper-wish I had asked for it grilled. My friend has grilled scallops-delicious. The jalapeno grits were wonderful. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K. BeardKBeardDined on 7/19/2014Had a reservation. Arrived early and was immediately seated. Surprised to be offered free tastings as appetizers. The entire experience was first class and refreshingly tasteful. Thanks to our waiter Joey, who made the experience personal and attentive without intruding. We will definitely be back as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was very poordisappointedDined on 7/18/2014We were a party of 4, restaurant 1/2 full or less, waiter took my wife's drink order but no one else. We had to ask for our drinks. My wife is gluten free and we openly discussed what had gluten and what didn't, etc. w/ waiter. Her dish was served w/ a gluten baguette on top of the main entree. If the waiter didn't understand the gluten issue, the chef should have - questions should have been brought back to the table. Gluten intolerance is a serious health issue for those unlucky enough to suffer from it. I ordered the 20 oz rib eye and the knife was so dull I literally shook the table trying to cut it! My guest ordered a vodka rocks w/ olive but it was served w/ lime slice & he had to ask for olives. I was served my guest's appetizer
- Great spot for lunchstu4foodDined on 7/17/2014Good spot for a business lunch. Food and service are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Not So MuchParkCitiesFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Lunch special with pasta was just average. The menu for lunch needs to be updated because it is limited. I would not come often even if it were better because of the few choices.Special Features:
- ExcellentJwm77Dined on 7/12/2014Ceviche to start, donuts to finish and perfection all throughout. Loved gaspacho and pork chopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 7/10/2014Great Food to complement the same excellent service; the flavors of each dish we ordered was very much savored by all around our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the business lunch venueFreddieDined on 7/8/2014Visiting Dallas, we happened upon Stephan Pyles. I was attracted by the ceviches and they were superb. Our server was knowledgeable and made good suggestions. I like the ambiance. It was good for conversations yet all tables had a view of the open kitchen. The southwestern flavors were unique to Texas yet appreciated by others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Birthday Celebration!DCterpDined on 7/5/2014I took my fiance here to celebrate his birthday and our waiter Michael went above and beyond. He was a wealth of information and incredibly friendly during our dinner. The octopus ceviche was wonderful, and my fiance loved his duck entree. Get the coffee and donuts dessert, it was out of this world. My only concern was that the food runner spilled a bit of my gazpacho when he delivered it, but didn't acknowledge this at all. We had a fantastic time at Stephan Pyles and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Not as great as in the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014The food was good. I got the special with was a char over a warm cous cous salad. It was good but not great. Portion was pretty small. Waiter only brought bread once. Gave me a white napkin which i wore on my black pants for the rest of the day. Irritated that the valet was 5.00 bucks. Not the place that I used to know!Special Features:
- jjcorleyDined on 6/28/2014Loved it. Fantastic flavors. Dishes are put together beautifully. Impeccable service. Can't wait to take my foodie family members back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once again.tjffDined on 6/27/2014Second time eating here over the course of my life. Like the first time, everything was outstanding. The food is out of this world along with the service. Mr. Pyle stopped by each table to check on his guest. Top notch restaurant.Special Features: