1807 Ross Suite 200
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stephanpyles.com/
- Phone: 2145807000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm: Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Kyle Barham
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stephan Pyles
Latest Restaurant of Celebrity Chef Stephan Pyles, pioneer of New American Cuisine and founding Father of Southwestern Cuisine. This architecturally significant restaurant serves Pyles newest style of cooking, New Millennium Southwestern, with emphasis on cultures that are related to Spain - The Latin New World, The Mediterranean and Arabia,Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stephan Pyles reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (94)romantic (61)notable wine list (39)good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)hot spot (21)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Excellent Food/ServiceAZOLDTOWNGUYDined on 10/21/2014Superb find for a special occasion night out. Great service and even better food make for a memorable night out. I enjoyed the duck breast, while my friends split the scallops and raved about it. Open with the hamachi or tuna.Special Features:
- EvolutionDined on 10/15/2014The service was great. The waiter was very attentive and informative. He explained all of the options and, he was open to answer questions. The noise level was a little loud. It would be helpful to have a special place for birthdays, especially when it has been identified when the reservation is made. The hostess was very friendly and timely when seating guest.Special Features:
- BAMA40Dined on 10/7/2014We were unfamiliar with the time it would take to drive from our location and arrived very early. It seemed to pose no problem for the hostess and she was able to seat us within a few minutes. Our meal was creative and well-prepared. However, there were a few mistakes in our order, but it did not mar the overall experience. It is a good choice for a lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SP on a Saturday night- HOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014First time to sit in the dining room! (I have visited the bar area previously). Everything was amazing food wise... server side- he insulted us twice...while we were asking questions about the menu- was very demeaning. So I would not have the same server again anytime soon. I did love that we had a front row seat to the kitchen and Kyle was in direct view- with Stephan himself popping in every so often. They had a full house, so food service did slow thru our 6 courses but my lamb chops were amazing and my date's Tenderloin perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Service was a little spottycbormayVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food at Stephan Pyles was outstanding. Our group of three shared a serviche assortment. We each got a salad, but then the service slowed to a crawl. You could tell the trouble was the kitchen as there was a group of servers clustered around the pick-up area at all times. It would have been better had our server checked with us a couple of times, freshened our drinks or offered more bread, but he didn't. No one apologized or made a comment until right before the food was delivered to the table. Just a couple of little touches would have made the wait more palatable.Special Features:
- Business Lunch SpotSteveDined on 9/26/2014Stephan Pyles continues to be a great business lunch spot with consistent food quality, great daily specials and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly waiter, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Room we were sitting in was quite noisy when doors left open. We asked tower chef. Didn't happen. Felt we weren't important enough. There are many restaurants in Dallas to try their cuisine & plan to do that before we come back to this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchHornedFrog73Dined on 9/19/2014Nice lunch spot. Service and food (light salad and a glass of vino) were good. I must say the entire experience was better than my prior two visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service wasn't appreciateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Server came ands asked if we're done worth disk too often
- Worth ItStandyVADined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed a late night romantic dinner. The restaurant was gracious enough to accommodate our request for the tasting menu with pairings at 9:30pm (we came directly from the airport on an East Coast flight). PLENTY of food and generous pours. The margarita cocktail (with jalapeno simple syrup) was a great starter. The ceviche of shrimp and beer foam haha was one of my favorites. It was obvious that service is part of the culture here...everyone from the greeter to the general manager to the waiter to the chef to the valet to the assisting staff were smiles, attentive, and did not rush us even though we shut the place down. Would definitely dine here again if we ever came back to Dallas.Special Features:
- Dinner disappointmentdiner144Dined on 9/6/2014In general, about 50% of our dinner was well executed. Had two ceviches, snapper and halibut. Snapper was poorly prepared, mushy and uninteresting. Halibut ceviche was quite good. Bread brought to table was stale. Caesar salad had a Parmesan crisp that tasted like it came right out of the freezer. The four gazpachos had two (yellow and green) that were very nice the red and white gazpachos were just this side of awful. We had the rack of lamb and duck breast. The lamb was executed nicely. The duck was flavorless and a bit dry, as was the tamale. It was edible, just not the least bit interesting. Waiter was pretentious but unoffending. I told the waiter what we liked and what we didn't. No interest in correcting for us.
- ExcellentKathyDVIPDined on 9/5/2014Lives up to my expectations. Excellent food, service and ambience. We'll be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food is always a work of art and delicious. Service is impeccable. Noise level can sometimes be high making dinner conversation difficult ... ask for table in quiet area.Special Features:
- One of the Best in Downtown DallasKonacallahansVIPDined on 9/3/2014Excellent lunch spot (and dinner for that matter) in downtown area of Dallas. The food is always excellent, especially the fresh fish and anything Southwestern related. The staff is professional and efficient. By far one of my favorite places to go in the downtown area.Special Features:
- A DisappointmentBistroqueenDined on 9/3/2014I have always enjoyed Stephen Pyles' especially for lunch but unfortunately it was a big disappointment yesterday. I ordered the pan fried redfish with green beans and grits. The fish was tasteless even lacking enough salt and pepper. The filet was covered in a breading that contained no herbs or spices at all. The green beans were, well, green beans. Only the grits were delicious. Perhaps Mr. Pyles has opened too many restaurants to give his detailed attention to this one.
- Restaurant week dinnerArtfoodwineDined on 8/30/2014First time for 6 of us, all well-traveled foodies who like fine dining. Our waitress was prompt and responsive to requests, three servers delivered courses so we were all served at the same time, food was done to specifications and good. My dessert, bread pudding, was so-so, but my companions chocolate dessert was rich and tasty. The music was far too loud, we were at a table in the other side of the bar wall and couldn't hear others across the table. We asked for the music to be turned down and it was later (approx 15-20 mins) which was much appreciated. That was the only negative. If we had been seated much further away from the bar it would not have bothered us. All other aspects lead to an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous meal with friends1234Dined on 8/29/2014A visit to Dallas made special by our meal. It was restaurant week and the meal with wine pairings was superb. Our waiter helped make this a meal to remember and we have already recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticjkn03VIPDined on 8/27/2014Spectacular overall dining experience. Was a pleasant surprise to see Stephan Pyles himself in the kitchen. Definitely a must visit restaurant for Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second lookReneeBuddenDined on 8/26/2014I have been to SP many times, however, in recent months stopped going because noise level was too loud and length of time to get food was astronomical. I am happy to report that after eating at SP for lunch at insistence of client I was pleasantly surprised. The ambience was much more suitable for conversation than my previous visits, the service was outstanding, the food came in a reasonable time, and was deliciously flavorful. Highly recommend the seasonal drink of watermelon lemonade. I am not normally a lemonade drinker, however, cannot recommend this enough. It was so refreshing. Our group also shared a dessert sampler. Delicious and something for everyone including one in our party with a vegan diet. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014My friends and I went for restaurant week. Food, service and ambience was top notch as always..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitStanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere. Good Southwestern Caesar Salad...LOVED the jalapeno croutons Very good Tamales topped with Barbacoa...very complex flavors with the addition of peaches Very tender braised short ribs Very good blueberry cake
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The service was outstanding from the bartender to the wait staff! The food didn't quiet live up to expectations, I felt it was a little bland. However with the service received from Desseria (our waitress) I would actually go back again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlomDined on 8/21/2014Our reservation was during Restaurant Week and they didn't disappoint us! Food/service was wonderful as well as selections to choose from.Special Features:
- Showing its AgeBacchus2bDined on 8/16/2014I took my wife out for a "date night" on Saturday and we decided to come back and revisit Stephan Pyles. Maybe it was because we went in for an early reservation while the sun was out, but my eyes could not help but be drawn to the tables with wear spots through the finish, carpet that has seen better days, and arm chairs that also had wear marks through the finish and worn fabrics. Not distressed for a "rustic" look, just old like they were original to 2006 when the restaurant first opened. We spent more than $250 on the restaurant week dinner menu for two (including tax, tip, extra course and wine pairings), and at that price point a nice décor and ambiance absolutely matters. Food was OK. The wine pairings were more successful.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Always a great dining experience at Stephan Pyles. We came for restaurant week and it did not disappoint. Great menu selection and wine list available. For restaurant week there were many delicious options, every appetizer and entree option that we ordered was well done. As for dessert, that could be the most area that they can improve in. For whatever reason, if there's anything cake or cookie related in their dessert option, it always tasted a bit bland or stale or dry, so the dessert overall was not always the best, it's kind of hit or miss there. But everything else is worth having. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic!datenightDined on 8/15/2014Food was fantastic. The service was equally good. Definitely a place to visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephan Pyles in Dallas, TXluv2dineDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding food and service just like always. Whenever we are in the Dallas area we try to have at least one night reserved for Stephan Pyles and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Visitmsw1VIPDined on 8/13/2014Interesting and delicious menu for restaurant week. Wine pairings were very good. Service was excellent. Enjoyed the view of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Terrible food!JmstephenDined on 8/13/2014Very disappointing bland food. Terrible. Will never eat there again.
- Awesome ExperienceDallasDavid2Dined on 8/13/2014Dining at Stephen Pyles never disappoints. The food was outstanding. The service was perfect. Our waiter was very in tune with our timing. We generally don't linger. Our waiter picked up on that and adjusted his service style and speed accordingly. It was perfect.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014First the service was great, professional and still fun. My wife and I both enjoyed the wines we chose for our meals and the pour was very nice. The food was good and would have adequate at most places, but this is SP's. I expect to be wow'ed by the first bite to the point I say " you have to try this. That didn't happen for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reataurant weekFoodFollowerDined on 8/12/2014We have gone often and ate at the patio or bar. We decided to try restaurant week and the food was prepared perfectly and the presentation was beautiful. Although they were not full, the server seemed to rush us and a little annoyed we were doing restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But a Few MissesRaeLovesFoodDined on 8/12/2014I first visited Stephan Pyles two years ago. During that visit the food swept me away. Spectacular food & beautiful presentation. This latest visit didn't quite match up to the first. I began my meal with the pork tamale. Although it was tasty and well prepared, the mixture (or sauce) was on the sweet side. Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of sweet and savory pairings. My main entree, salmon, was perfectly prepared and topped with a hickory smoke (a frothy molecular gastronomy creation), then placed over a lima bean puree. For me, the puree/salmon flavor combo didn't work well together. The dessert, however, would satisfy any chocolate lover. The dense chocolate mousse creation was rich and flavorful. The service was superb & attentive.Special Features:
- This is how to do Restaurant WeekPalatableDined on 8/12/2014I understand the challenge for our best local restaurants to offer a 3-course dinner for $35/$45, so I appreciate the chefs who accept the challenge to make a great meal for us, and to donate a portion of their even slimmer margin to NTFB Stephan Pyles embraced this challenge! We enjoyed very high quality food and original craft cocktails in the beautiful space. I had a compressed watermelon salad, short rib over cheese grits, and blueberry cake. My companion had the tamale appetizer, chicken, and the chocolate pot de creme. All excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2014Even at restaurant week prices, this place was overpriced. The portions were well presented though teeny tiny and the flavors were off. We paid the extra $9 for the 4th course and couldn't help but wonder, "is that it???". Too much lime and not enough tuna!
- Great food and serviceJamesDined on 8/11/2014it starts at the parking and never misses a beat. Friendly service and great food. The open kitchen offer an appreciation of what ityb takes to produce a great meal. It is hard work!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant week dinnerLov4cookinDined on 8/9/2014This was our 2nd restaurant week visit at Stephen Pyles. As with any of his restaurants it was fantastic. What a great blend of regional ingredients. Fantastic service. Fantastic food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent in all respects. Refreshing to see a wine list without the need to be propped up by the "steakhouse specials" to make it a real list.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal !DineinDallasDined on 8/9/2014Great food, unique menu, attentive service and very nice dining atmosphere. My wife and I were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. This was my second time to dine at Stephan Pyles. Definitely looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We were hoping to be blown away by our meal after seeing other reviews, and although the meal started well the main course was really very disappointing... Would not bother