1807 Ross Suite 200
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stephanpyles.com/
- Phone: (214) 580-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm: Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Kyle Barham
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stephan Pyles
Latest Restaurant of Celebrity Chef Stephan Pyles, pioneer of New American Cuisine and founding Father of Southwestern Cuisine. This architecturally significant restaurant serves Pyles newest style of cooking, New Millennium Southwestern, with emphasis on cultures that are related to Spain - The Latin New World, The Mediterranean and Arabia,Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stephan Pyles reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)special occasion (105)romantic (61)notable wine list (45)good for groups (41)hot spot (31)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Excellent servicePerfectDateNiteDined on 11/20/2014The food was exceptional especially would recommend the tamale tart and the ceaser salad. However every thing we tried was fantastic. I was very impressed with how attentive yet not intrusive our waitress was. She made sure while not rushing us yet fast pacing our dinner to not be late for the Winspear Opera house show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephan Pyles Rocks!maryVIPDined on 11/15/2014Trying to squeeze in a good dining experience combined with a scheduled concert is always a challenge. Sometimes the restaurant accommodates with a prix fixe menu and a standard procedure which often results in a less than stellar meal. Not so with this restaurant. I hadn't experienced such a personal interest in diners like I did at this place. From the moment we entered and were seated we were treated as guests. The manager made it a point to come and introduce himself to inquire about our food and if it was to our liking. He also addressed us by name and made it a point to remember it throughout the evening when we had other questions for him. The dinner wasn't rushed at all. My husband and I shared a Caesar Salad with jalapeno polenta croutons---a nice spicy touch! Main course was a rack of lamb coated with fenugreek and grilled on the wood fire. Excellent---and done a med-medium rare, tender, juicy, and a good crust on the meat. It was also great to be able to watch the chefs at work through a glassed area surrounding the kitchen. Dessert was a cherry clafouti with a chocolate wafer garnish. There are two other locations bearing the name of this celebrity chef. The manager also indicated that they were moving to a new building nearer to Myerson Hall. Can't think of a better location to lure more diners in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDined on 11/11/2014I take clients here for lunch and have always had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceBonTonVIPDined on 11/10/2014Across from the Fairmount hotel, wonderful food, ambience and wait staff! Will go again, just for convenience and quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing special occasion location!mikeDined on 11/10/2014Prices are little steep, but food is definitely worth it, as is the service and experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great special-occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014We had a vendor in town and wanted to do something special. As hubby and I had had an anniversary dinner there last year, we chose SP. Server was fabulous, food was awesome and atmosphere was great.Special Features:
- Birthday girlsBirthdayGirlsDined on 11/1/2014The food was good - the tamale tart, the caesar salad and the coffee and doughnuts were wonderful. The service was EXTREMELY slow. The waiter was nice and apologetic, and the manager comped half of our meal - but we were there 3 1/2 hours, and the restaurant wasn't even full. They said it was because too many tasting menus had been booked.
- not resting on laurelsyoordadVIPDined on 10/25/2014while I have been to many of Mr Pyles places, this was our first trip to his namesake. My wife and I were very impressed with the space, service and most of the food. Cervice, Tamale tart and Ceasar salad were all unbelievable creative and good. I could have made a meal off of those things and been happy. Less impressed with the Cowboy Ribeye -not bad just meh and the desserts. That said there was plenty we did not try and it was good enough that we will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Food experienceDrivemecrazyDined on 10/24/2014We shared three appetizers and one main course. Tamale Tart, Roast Garlic Custard, Crab, Smoked Tomato Sauce was a tasting experience, prepared beautifully with flavors that overwhelmed mouth. Southwestern Caesar Salad Jalapeno polenta croutons, parmigiano reggiano "chicharron" was wonderfully flavored with the polenta croutons being an exceptional surprise. Halibut ceviche, WOW, I think it should be listed on the dessert menu, it was very enjoyable with the house Chardonnay, the caramelized roasted pineapple made it a mouth watering. What a perfect experience our server made it, he was exceptionally knowledged in the food and how it was prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2014As usual the food and service were very good but it's the unique food that makes Pyles distinctive. We had a private room for our group of 6 and our server did a good job getting us out in time for our event noted in our open table reservation request. The wine list is accessible but not extraordinary, would like to see a reserve list with unique, interesting and highly rated wines.Special Features:
- Excellent Food/ServiceAZOLDTOWNGUYDined on 10/21/2014Superb find for a special occasion night out. Great service and even better food make for a memorable night out. I enjoyed the duck breast, while my friends split the scallops and raved about it. Open with the hamachi or tuna.Special Features:
- EvolutionDined on 10/15/2014The service was great. The waiter was very attentive and informative. He explained all of the options and, he was open to answer questions. The noise level was a little loud. It would be helpful to have a special place for birthdays, especially when it has been identified when the reservation is made. The hostess was very friendly and timely when seating guest.Special Features:
- BAMA40Dined on 10/7/2014We were unfamiliar with the time it would take to drive from our location and arrived very early. It seemed to pose no problem for the hostess and she was able to seat us within a few minutes. Our meal was creative and well-prepared. However, there were a few mistakes in our order, but it did not mar the overall experience. It is a good choice for a lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SP on a Saturday night- HOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014First time to sit in the dining room! (I have visited the bar area previously). Everything was amazing food wise... server side- he insulted us twice...while we were asking questions about the menu- was very demeaning. So I would not have the same server again anytime soon. I did love that we had a front row seat to the kitchen and Kyle was in direct view- with Stephan himself popping in every so often. They had a full house, so food service did slow thru our 6 courses but my lamb chops were amazing and my date's Tenderloin perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Service was a little spottycbormayVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food at Stephan Pyles was outstanding. Our group of three shared a serviche assortment. We each got a salad, but then the service slowed to a crawl. You could tell the trouble was the kitchen as there was a group of servers clustered around the pick-up area at all times. It would have been better had our server checked with us a couple of times, freshened our drinks or offered more bread, but he didn't. No one apologized or made a comment until right before the food was delivered to the table. Just a couple of little touches would have made the wait more palatable.Special Features:
- Business Lunch SpotSteveDined on 9/26/2014Stephan Pyles continues to be a great business lunch spot with consistent food quality, great daily specials and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly waiter, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Room we were sitting in was quite noisy when doors left open. We asked tower chef. Didn't happen. Felt we weren't important enough. There are many restaurants in Dallas to try their cuisine & plan to do that before we come back to this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchHornedFrog73Dined on 9/19/2014Nice lunch spot. Service and food (light salad and a glass of vino) were good. I must say the entire experience was better than my prior two visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service wasn't appreciateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Server came ands asked if we're done worth disk too often
- Worth ItStandyVADined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed a late night romantic dinner. The restaurant was gracious enough to accommodate our request for the tasting menu with pairings at 9:30pm (we came directly from the airport on an East Coast flight). PLENTY of food and generous pours. The margarita cocktail (with jalapeno simple syrup) was a great starter. The ceviche of shrimp and beer foam haha was one of my favorites. It was obvious that service is part of the culture here...everyone from the greeter to the general manager to the waiter to the chef to the valet to the assisting staff were smiles, attentive, and did not rush us even though we shut the place down. Would definitely dine here again if we ever came back to Dallas.Special Features:
- Dinner disappointmentdiner144Dined on 9/6/2014In general, about 50% of our dinner was well executed. Had two ceviches, snapper and halibut. Snapper was poorly prepared, mushy and uninteresting. Halibut ceviche was quite good. Bread brought to table was stale. Caesar salad had a Parmesan crisp that tasted like it came right out of the freezer. The four gazpachos had two (yellow and green) that were very nice the red and white gazpachos were just this side of awful. We had the rack of lamb and duck breast. The lamb was executed nicely. The duck was flavorless and a bit dry, as was the tamale. It was edible, just not the least bit interesting. Waiter was pretentious but unoffending. I told the waiter what we liked and what we didn't. No interest in correcting for us.
- ExcellentKathyDVIPDined on 9/5/2014Lives up to my expectations. Excellent food, service and ambience. We'll be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food is always a work of art and delicious. Service is impeccable. Noise level can sometimes be high making dinner conversation difficult ... ask for table in quiet area.Special Features:
- One of the Best in Downtown DallasKonacallahansVIPDined on 9/3/2014Excellent lunch spot (and dinner for that matter) in downtown area of Dallas. The food is always excellent, especially the fresh fish and anything Southwestern related. The staff is professional and efficient. By far one of my favorite places to go in the downtown area.Special Features:
- A DisappointmentBistroqueenDined on 9/3/2014I have always enjoyed Stephen Pyles' especially for lunch but unfortunately it was a big disappointment yesterday. I ordered the pan fried redfish with green beans and grits. The fish was tasteless even lacking enough salt and pepper. The filet was covered in a breading that contained no herbs or spices at all. The green beans were, well, green beans. Only the grits were delicious. Perhaps Mr. Pyles has opened too many restaurants to give his detailed attention to this one.
- Restaurant week dinnerArtfoodwineDined on 8/30/2014First time for 6 of us, all well-traveled foodies who like fine dining. Our waitress was prompt and responsive to requests, three servers delivered courses so we were all served at the same time, food was done to specifications and good. My dessert, bread pudding, was so-so, but my companions chocolate dessert was rich and tasty. The music was far too loud, we were at a table in the other side of the bar wall and couldn't hear others across the table. We asked for the music to be turned down and it was later (approx 15-20 mins) which was much appreciated. That was the only negative. If we had been seated much further away from the bar it would not have bothered us. All other aspects lead to an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous meal with friends1234Dined on 8/29/2014A visit to Dallas made special by our meal. It was restaurant week and the meal with wine pairings was superb. Our waiter helped make this a meal to remember and we have already recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticjkn03VIPDined on 8/27/2014Spectacular overall dining experience. Was a pleasant surprise to see Stephan Pyles himself in the kitchen. Definitely a must visit restaurant for Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second lookReneeBuddenDined on 8/26/2014I have been to SP many times, however, in recent months stopped going because noise level was too loud and length of time to get food was astronomical. I am happy to report that after eating at SP for lunch at insistence of client I was pleasantly surprised. The ambience was much more suitable for conversation than my previous visits, the service was outstanding, the food came in a reasonable time, and was deliciously flavorful. Highly recommend the seasonal drink of watermelon lemonade. I am not normally a lemonade drinker, however, cannot recommend this enough. It was so refreshing. Our group also shared a dessert sampler. Delicious and something for everyone including one in our party with a vegan diet. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014My friends and I went for restaurant week. Food, service and ambience was top notch as always..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitStanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere. Good Southwestern Caesar Salad...LOVED the jalapeno croutons Very good Tamales topped with Barbacoa...very complex flavors with the addition of peaches Very tender braised short ribs Very good blueberry cake
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The service was outstanding from the bartender to the wait staff! The food didn't quiet live up to expectations, I felt it was a little bland. However with the service received from Desseria (our waitress) I would actually go back again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlomDined on 8/21/2014Our reservation was during Restaurant Week and they didn't disappoint us! Food/service was wonderful as well as selections to choose from.Special Features:
- Showing its AgeBacchus2bDined on 8/16/2014I took my wife out for a "date night" on Saturday and we decided to come back and revisit Stephan Pyles. Maybe it was because we went in for an early reservation while the sun was out, but my eyes could not help but be drawn to the tables with wear spots through the finish, carpet that has seen better days, and arm chairs that also had wear marks through the finish and worn fabrics. Not distressed for a "rustic" look, just old like they were original to 2006 when the restaurant first opened. We spent more than $250 on the restaurant week dinner menu for two (including tax, tip, extra course and wine pairings), and at that price point a nice décor and ambiance absolutely matters. Food was OK. The wine pairings were more successful.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Always a great dining experience at Stephan Pyles. We came for restaurant week and it did not disappoint. Great menu selection and wine list available. For restaurant week there were many delicious options, every appetizer and entree option that we ordered was well done. As for dessert, that could be the most area that they can improve in. For whatever reason, if there's anything cake or cookie related in their dessert option, it always tasted a bit bland or stale or dry, so the dessert overall was not always the best, it's kind of hit or miss there. But everything else is worth having. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic!datenightDined on 8/15/2014Food was fantastic. The service was equally good. Definitely a place to visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephan Pyles in Dallas, TXluv2dineDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding food and service just like always. Whenever we are in the Dallas area we try to have at least one night reserved for Stephan Pyles and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Visitmsw1VIPDined on 8/13/2014Interesting and delicious menu for restaurant week. Wine pairings were very good. Service was excellent. Enjoyed the view of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Terrible food!JmstephenDined on 8/13/2014Very disappointing bland food. Terrible. Will never eat there again.
- Awesome ExperienceDallasDavid2Dined on 8/13/2014Dining at Stephen Pyles never disappoints. The food was outstanding. The service was perfect. Our waiter was very in tune with our timing. We generally don't linger. Our waiter picked up on that and adjusted his service style and speed accordingly. It was perfect.Special Features: