Stella's Southern Bistro
684 C Fairview Rd
Simpsonville, SC 29680Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Stella's Southern Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stellasbistro.com/
- Phone: 8647571212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Scholz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Indigo Room is an attractive, versatile space that can accommodate groups of up to 50 people. From buffet, to hors d oeuvres, to plated dinner- Stella"s can take care of any size or type of event.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Scholz 8647571212x
A word from Stella's Southern Bistro
Stella’s offers cuisine influenced by the coastal Carolinas & American south. We support regional food artisans & emphasize the importance of sourcing products harvested locally. Stella’s offers from-scratch food & genuine hospitality all served in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy the menu & cuisine of nationally recognized Chef Jason Scholz. Stella's can accommodate groups up to 50 in size in our beautiful & private Indigo Room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Stella's Southern Bistro - Best Restaurants in Simpsonville ›
Stella's Southern Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (26)romantic (21)notable wine list (20)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Only for lunchStoliRocksDined on 8/27/2014One of my favorite lunch spots but I avoid for dinner.Special Features:
- Still GreatJim19Dined on 8/19/2014We have been dining at Stellas for the past three years and I choose it for my birthday dinner. We are always pleased and were once again. I had the duck sampler and it was the best I have ever eaten. My wife always gets the pork chop as it is well prepared. The wine list is adequate and we can always find a bottle we like. This may be the best value restaurant in the Greenville area. Two couples next to us were also celebrating birthdays and commented on how good their meals were. It was the first time for one couple and they said they would be returning. If you are looking for a pleasant change drive to Simpsonville and try Stellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As AlwaysBookerDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have been going to Stella's since it opened. Never a bad experience. Food is consistently good/great. Excellent wait staff and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Outstanding !!!! The food and atmosphere were great. Did I mention the food ? I would eat here every day if I could !!!!!Special Features:
- The ExperienceKnightDined on 8/5/2014Stella 's provided an excellent venue for old friends to get together and enjoy each other's company. Food was excellent, with daily specials and drink compliments. Wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Will certainly return again.Special Features:
- Mixed ExperienceLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014Went to Stella's on busy Friday evening. Service overall was good. Our initial waiter was attentive, but he left to handle a group of 15 that came in. Our second waiter tended to talk over us without listening to what we were saying. The fresh heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad was fantastic as was the duck bacon and arugrula salad. However our main courses were not as good. I ordered the duck sampler plate with sliced duck breast and a duck roulade that was too bready and overly salted. My wife ordered the trout that had a bit of a muddy water taste. We were surprised that with local trout available from up in western NC that the quality of their trout wasn't better. The peach cobbler was homemade, but was too bready; not enough fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodie SpotKevinDined on 8/2/2014In Greenville, Stella's remains in my top 5 Foodie Hot Spots. The culinary skill is simply amazing with knowledgeable servers on the nuances of the mill and recent changes to menu items. Only reason why this spot doesn't recent full stars is due to the size of the dinging room....very cramped as tables and seats are very close together and near high traffic lanes for servers and front-of-the-house staff.Special Features:
- Anniversary DateandrivenDined on 8/2/2014Went here for our anniversary - very attentive service (congratulated us on our anniversary) and fantastic food. Would absolutely recommend. I had the hanger steak and meatloaf -- both quite good and very unique. Unique cuisine/menu but still fairly accessible even if not a total foodie (which I'm not).Special Features:
- Family FriendlyTheNanaDined on 7/26/2014I recently had dinner there with my daughter, son-in-law, and 6 year old grandchild. We enjoyed excellent food and cocktails and they also had a child friendly menu. The wait staff was efficient and responded to every request. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared. We will definitely go to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Simply the Best!kimberlymaustinDined on 7/25/2014From reservation all the way until the very end of the meal this was simply one of the very best experiences ever! We were celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday and while I had called ahead earlier in the week to let the staff know why we were coming and to request a specific waiter, I was simply blown away by the attention to every detail. All the waitstaff made sure to greet and wish my grandmother a happy birthday. Even the flowers the restaurant were decorated with were her favorite which was also on her cake that was delivered there earlier in the day. The food was fabulous as always and the memories we made as a result are priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as always!MaggienanaDined on 7/25/2014We had friends from Charleston visiting for the weekend, so we decided to take them to one of our favorite restaurants, knowing we would not be disappointed! Charlestonians think that no one does fine dining like they do, but, hey, they know differently now! Our dinner was incredible - from the service to the server Samy to the food!! We love Stella's!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedFoodie82Dined on 7/25/2014We had eaten at Stellas previously and hadnalways enjoyed the food. This meal was disappointing. The side of macaroni and cheese was very dry and the potato cake that was served alongside the NY strip could have used more flavor and a crisp coating. The shrimp and grits were good but I was not crazy about the tomato ragu/gravy served over it. The best thing that I ate was the Wedge salad. We might come back for drinks and an appetizer but probably not dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperieneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food and service were outstanding. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsAVE14Dined on 7/18/2014I have never had anything I didn't like at Stella's. It has been consistently good every time I have dined there. The shrimp and grits are by far the best in Greenville County, and my husband's NY Strip was very tasty. The fried okra is a must try, along with their seasonal peach cobbler dessert that's hot out of the oven. Take the time to drive down to Simpsonville. It's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealSimpsonvilleGalDined on 7/18/2014We enjoy going to Stella's. You can always count on getting a delicious meal and the service is very good. I had their Shrimp & Grits, which I feel are the best in the Greenville area. My husband had their new chicken trio. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I did notice the menu no longer includes crab cakes. I know they change the menu seasonally so perhaps crab cakes will return in the future. We finished our meal with their Peach Cobbler topped with ice cream! The only negative is the restaurant can be very noisy when it's crowded. I highly recommend Stella's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond!JALucasDined on 7/16/2014We had lunch as a couple last year and immediately thought of Stella's for Dad's 70th birthday, we were not disappointed. Our server was exceptional, with a beautiful execution of the specials and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableChuckDined on 7/12/2014What a great little restaurant. Decided to try something other than downtown Greenville and was not disappointed in the least. Since we can be downtown in 12-15 minutes this was a little bit of a drive from Taylors, and I though a bit pricy for Simpsonville. But the food and the service made up for any inconvenience. Not your typical "southern" food but delicious and well presented. A lot of the customers seemed to be regulars and it was a little loud. Also, there were almost too many service staff which may account for the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBroyleemanDined on 7/11/2014We have dined here many times and have never been disappointed. Local fresh ingredients and outstanding service. Worth the drive to Simpsonville.Special Features:
- Great food but ...LouiDined on 6/28/2014We went to this restaurant because it was our end of vacation and we heard that it's a great one with south cooking. I can say that the product used was good quality and the chef was a really good cooker. My tuna was perfect, pink inside and cooked outside like the duck that my friend took. The risotto was sublime. I just can criticize the waiting. Almost 1hour to make 4 plates. But I was really disappointed by the fact that from the beginning I wanted a dessert I saw in the menu ( strawberry cheesecake) and while we waited, the other costumers were served. When my turn came to choose a dessert I was ready and the waitress told me that there is no more Strawberry cheesecake so if we hadn't waited so long I surely would have one.Special Features:
- Always greatHappydinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014As usual, the food prep and presentation was just perfect. The service complimented our meal, friendly and personal but not intrusive. Always a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommendedmurphster47VIPDined on 6/20/2014Kept hearing remarkable things, but never wanted to make the travel. I hate that it took me so long, excellent service, amazing food, had a few apps and fully dinner + cocktails and I couldn't complain about one element, we even ventured outside our comfort area with our choices and were astounded by the deliciousness. I highly recommend for a apps/drinks or an entire night.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedBillDined on 6/14/2014Pleasant and attentive staff. Very limited menu and had an abundance of non-southern and unusual items for chef's selections. Very pricey for what you get. Smallest "baked potato" I've ever seen much less be served with a $25 entree. Three bites and it's gone. $7.50 for a lettuce wedge and $12 for a glass of house wine in Simpsonville, SC?? Very loud too if one wants to have a normal conversation with their table mate. No axe to grind here, just sharing our feelings. Had been here 3 years ago and was hoping for a better experience which obviously didn't happen.
- galcuadradoDined on 6/4/2014Stella's is on my go to list whenever I have guest in from out of town. I personally prefer is the back room as it is quieter. The shrimp and grits is always a great choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special occasionGvilleDinerDined on 6/3/2014Because of Stella's connection with local farms, the menu is able to feature ingredients which are fresh and in season. The menu is always interesting, and I have never had a less than outstanding dining experience here. It is a place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014Everything we ordered was amazing. It's too bad it is located in a strip mall in the suburbs. If only they could find a spot in downtown Greenville.... We'll be back!Special Features:
- Amazing food & excellent servicePickyEaterDined on 5/15/2014We've passed by Stella's everyday for the past two years of living in Simpsonville. I always complain that there is no where to eat in town, and we always drive back to Greenville if we decide to go out. I love to cook and i love food! It is very hard for me to find a new restaurant and be satisfied with the food. My husband had heard from co-workers that the food was very good so we thought to give it a try. From the outside i would've never guessed what a gem this place was on the inside. Very cute yet elegant, cozy, and friendly atmosphere. The staff was excellent from the beginning to end. The food was amazing! I recommend Stella's Southern Bistro to anyone who wants great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stella's Mothers Day brunchLisaOVIPDined on 5/11/2014Love the food, great service, just a bit crowded and cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 371 reviews are from the Stella's Southern Bistro reviews archive.
- temperaturejuserDined on 4/30/2014Air condition was too cold for our feeling......................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outingErmkidDined on 4/30/2014Enjoyed dining for dinner at Stella's Southern Bistro. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. The crab cake was wonderful. The Fried Green Tomatoes were a bit spicy for my taste.Special Features:
- Favorite places to dineDavidDined on 4/26/2014Every time we done here, always a great experience! One of the best kept secrets in Simpsonville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable VisitRLF1632Dined on 4/26/2014This was our first visit to Stella's and we will definitely be back. Service was wonderful with just the right amount of attentiveness. Waitress was knowledgeable about the selections and her recommendations were spot on! Food was delicious and the dark Chocolate peanut Butter Pie for dessert was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great service and attitude of the staff. The duck and the steaks were prepared to the requested temperature .Special Features:
- Lunch April 2014MarkJVIPDined on 4/23/2014Great lunch. Good service, and priced reasonably. Will be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Went to Easter Brunch on Sunday and enjoyed our experience. Food was very good, service was excellent. Really like that food items are 'local' and fresh. We will return to try the regular menu items. Only negative was we felt rushed - main entrée came out almost right after the Starter course.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southern food and hospitalityDeebsdiningDined on 4/18/2014Food was great! Wine was good! Service great! No complaints at all.....just a little noisy the evening we were there. The food overrides the noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceRabynDined on 4/18/2014Stella' s has always been a great dining experience. I had the duck, which was perfectly cooked medium rare and my why had the quail that was succulent. Service was excellent as always, very attentive and answered our questions about the dishes and sources. I can't recommend highly enough!Special Features:
- a bit underwhelmedJenCoDined on 4/18/2014I was very much looking forward to lunch here. My husband ordered the roast beef sandwich and I had a cheeseburger. They were both good but not great. The atmosphere was great and the price point was spot on.Special Features:
- YumlocalchickDined on 4/17/2014Stella's is an upscale place with great food. I love how they use all local farmer's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBravegirl714Dined on 4/12/2014This was my second time at Stella's and I must say I was disappointed. Our first experience was great so I decided to take my parents. I had asked for our previous server, who was fantastic. The noise level made conversation impossible and they appeared to be short handed on servers. Our service was not great. Our server didn't tell us about any of the specials, and we had to keep asking for water and tea refills. The food was pretty good but not as good as the first time. I was disappointed that my parents' experience was less than favorable. Not sure when I'll roll the dice again and take a chance to spend $200 on a meal with lots of drawbacks.
- Certainly a "Do-Over"JGinSCDined on 4/11/2014It was a Friday evening, early, and leading into Spring Break for the locals. As a result, the restaurant was not nearly as busy as it would otherwise be. However, that had absolutely no negative impact on the food or the service, both of which could rightfully be called 'extraordinary.' Started with the Pimento Cheese appetizer and followed up with NY strip steaks were done, medium, to perfection;. tender, juicy, flavorful and large! At the end, all self control was lost and we shared the 'New Orleans Butter Pecan Bread Pudding.' OK, we'll be paying for that decision for a few days but it was worth it! Great local restaurant, easily comparable to some of the better known ones in downtown Greenville. Try it soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.