Stella's Southern Bistro
684 C Fairview Rd
Simpsonville, SC 29680Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Stella's Southern Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stellasbistro.com/
- Phone: 8647571212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Scholz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Indigo Room is an attractive, versatile space that can accommodate groups of up to 50 people. From buffet, to hors d oeuvres, to plated dinner- Stella"s can take care of any size or type of event.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Scholz 8647571212x
A word from Stella's Southern Bistro
Stella’s offers cuisine influenced by the coastal Carolinas & American south. We support regional food artisans & emphasize the importance of sourcing products harvested locally. Stella’s offers from-scratch food & genuine hospitality all served in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy the menu & cuisine of nationally recognized Chef Jason Scholz. Stella's can accommodate groups up to 50 in size in our beautiful & private Indigo Room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stella's Southern Bistro - Best Restaurants in Simpsonville ›
Stella's Southern Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (54)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (24)romantic (24)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (12)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- luv2eatDined on 9/24/2014NEVER had a bad meal! The #1 restaurant we recommend in the Greenville area always! Also gave your name to the local marriott to recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the special tasting menuRandmelVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our server Mike offered us the special tasting menu they had from the night before. Oh my goodness! It was so fun sampling the different foods, and I was so stuffed! The level of creative flavors at Stella's is unmatched in Greenville, in my opinion. And the service is just so friendly. They recognize us when we come back, and it just feels so welcoming and special. Props to Mike and Austin in particular. They've served us before, and they are just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for an interviewMarkJVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great spot to have a conversation. Was quiet, but not uncomfortably so. Meal was great, well prepared and reasonable priced. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great pork chopbillreedredVIPDined on 9/17/2014Eaten here a number of times Food is always good Only need better beer selection Never ant ipa's n better bread Main dish n sides always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemJustforkicksDined on 9/13/2014Stella's is a gem. I've been coming here for lunch and an occasional business dinner for years, but finally took my wife for a "date night." Food is always excellent both in taste and presentation. The restaurant uses local farms as much as possible so that adds freshness as well as interesting twist. I've been here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful findAndylee4710VIPDined on 9/13/2014Stella's had been recommended so we decided to try it on our next trip to Greenville. What a wonderful surprise in a little strip mall. The chefs have brought a little bit of low country to the upstate, with a focus on local ingredients. Starting with the flaky biscuits and local butter, the meal kept getting better...my wedge salad was delicious and not laden with heavy dressing. My husband had the grand slam and it was tasty and beautifully presented, every element including the homemade English muffins were perfectly done. I had the capacious mad with local pasture raised beef and it was one of the best I ever had. We opted out of desert, but noticed some really yummy items we will try when we head back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineFoodFunDined on 9/10/2014This is the place to have lunch or dinner. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and the staff will make sure you have a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!SctataDined on 9/10/2014From the first aroma to the welcome of your found reservation to the details being taken care of, Stella's is always top notch for its wonderful service, delicious food choices and ambience. There's always a good mix of business and pleasure clientele and all can be satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stella'smaggieDined on 9/10/2014Fine cuisine with farm to table ingredients! Our server did an outstanding job without rushing us and all the food was served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceEarleOxnerDined on 9/6/2014We had the pimento cheese appetizer, shrimp and grits, vegetable plate, and chocolate cake. All were perfect. My wife had a martini which she said was great. Our server remembered us and really made the meal special. I highly recommend Stella's!Special Features:
- BamafanDined on 9/2/2014Great experience! Food and service both excellent! We will return!Special Features:
- Good Tasting MenucarlosVIPDined on 8/30/2014Overall the Tasting Menu I had was good, particularly the soup and the mixed grill. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the dessert: the blueberry roll was ok and the white chocolate toffee was uneatable: the toffee was so hard that I could not cut it with the spoon so I had to leave it on the plate.Special Features:
- Stella's Southern BistroFinediningVIPDined on 8/30/2014The acoustics are so poor that you cannot talk if there is a moderate crowd in the restaurant. Menu parings are strange, not flexible to substitute.
- 10 year anniversaryMiddletonsDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I choose Stella's for a dinner to celebrate our Anniversay. The staff was excellent, everyone was so friendly and looked like they were having as much fun as we were. The food was so delicious we have not stopped talking about it yet! Thanks guys!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only for lunchStoliRocksDined on 8/27/2014One of my favorite lunch spots but I avoid for dinner.Special Features:
- Still GreatJim19Dined on 8/19/2014We have been dining at Stellas for the past three years and I choose it for my birthday dinner. We are always pleased and were once again. I had the duck sampler and it was the best I have ever eaten. My wife always gets the pork chop as it is well prepared. The wine list is adequate and we can always find a bottle we like. This may be the best value restaurant in the Greenville area. Two couples next to us were also celebrating birthdays and commented on how good their meals were. It was the first time for one couple and they said they would be returning. If you are looking for a pleasant change drive to Simpsonville and try Stellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As AlwaysBookerDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have been going to Stella's since it opened. Never a bad experience. Food is consistently good/great. Excellent wait staff and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationjs3opDined on 8/9/2014All four in the family went to dinner on this occasion. From steak to fish to a vegetable plate we all thought the food was excellent. The service and ambiance are always great at this our favorite spot in Greenville.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Outstanding !!!! The food and atmosphere were great. Did I mention the food ? I would eat here every day if I could !!!!!Special Features:
- The ExperienceKnightDined on 8/5/2014Stella 's provided an excellent venue for old friends to get together and enjoy each other's company. Food was excellent, with daily specials and drink compliments. Wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Will certainly return again.Special Features:
- Mixed ExperienceLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014Went to Stella's on busy Friday evening. Service overall was good. Our initial waiter was attentive, but he left to handle a group of 15 that came in. Our second waiter tended to talk over us without listening to what we were saying. The fresh heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad was fantastic as was the duck bacon and arugrula salad. However our main courses were not as good. I ordered the duck sampler plate with sliced duck breast and a duck roulade that was too bready and overly salted. My wife ordered the trout that had a bit of a muddy water taste. We were surprised that with local trout available from up in western NC that the quality of their trout wasn't better. The peach cobbler was homemade, but was too bready; not enough fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodie SpotKevinDined on 8/2/2014In Greenville, Stella's remains in my top 5 Foodie Hot Spots. The culinary skill is simply amazing with knowledgeable servers on the nuances of the mill and recent changes to menu items. Only reason why this spot doesn't recent full stars is due to the size of the dinging room....very cramped as tables and seats are very close together and near high traffic lanes for servers and front-of-the-house staff.Special Features:
- Anniversary DateandrivenDined on 8/2/2014Went here for our anniversary - very attentive service (congratulated us on our anniversary) and fantastic food. Would absolutely recommend. I had the hanger steak and meatloaf -- both quite good and very unique. Unique cuisine/menu but still fairly accessible even if not a total foodie (which I'm not).Special Features:
- Family FriendlyTheNanaDined on 7/26/2014I recently had dinner there with my daughter, son-in-law, and 6 year old grandchild. We enjoyed excellent food and cocktails and they also had a child friendly menu. The wait staff was efficient and responded to every request. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared. We will definitely go to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Simply the Best!kimberlymaustinDined on 7/25/2014From reservation all the way until the very end of the meal this was simply one of the very best experiences ever! We were celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday and while I had called ahead earlier in the week to let the staff know why we were coming and to request a specific waiter, I was simply blown away by the attention to every detail. All the waitstaff made sure to greet and wish my grandmother a happy birthday. Even the flowers the restaurant were decorated with were her favorite which was also on her cake that was delivered there earlier in the day. The food was fabulous as always and the memories we made as a result are priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as always!MaggienanaDined on 7/25/2014We had friends from Charleston visiting for the weekend, so we decided to take them to one of our favorite restaurants, knowing we would not be disappointed! Charlestonians think that no one does fine dining like they do, but, hey, they know differently now! Our dinner was incredible - from the service to the server Samy to the food!! We love Stella's!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedFoodie82Dined on 7/25/2014We had eaten at Stellas previously and hadnalways enjoyed the food. This meal was disappointing. The side of macaroni and cheese was very dry and the potato cake that was served alongside the NY strip could have used more flavor and a crisp coating. The shrimp and grits were good but I was not crazy about the tomato ragu/gravy served over it. The best thing that I ate was the Wedge salad. We might come back for drinks and an appetizer but probably not dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperieneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food and service were outstanding. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsAVE14Dined on 7/18/2014I have never had anything I didn't like at Stella's. It has been consistently good every time I have dined there. The shrimp and grits are by far the best in Greenville County, and my husband's NY Strip was very tasty. The fried okra is a must try, along with their seasonal peach cobbler dessert that's hot out of the oven. Take the time to drive down to Simpsonville. It's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealSimpsonvilleGalDined on 7/18/2014We enjoy going to Stella's. You can always count on getting a delicious meal and the service is very good. I had their Shrimp & Grits, which I feel are the best in the Greenville area. My husband had their new chicken trio. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I did notice the menu no longer includes crab cakes. I know they change the menu seasonally so perhaps crab cakes will return in the future. We finished our meal with their Peach Cobbler topped with ice cream! The only negative is the restaurant can be very noisy when it's crowded. I highly recommend Stella's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond!JALucasDined on 7/16/2014We had lunch as a couple last year and immediately thought of Stella's for Dad's 70th birthday, we were not disappointed. Our server was exceptional, with a beautiful execution of the specials and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableChuckDined on 7/12/2014What a great little restaurant. Decided to try something other than downtown Greenville and was not disappointed in the least. Since we can be downtown in 12-15 minutes this was a little bit of a drive from Taylors, and I though a bit pricy for Simpsonville. But the food and the service made up for any inconvenience. Not your typical "southern" food but delicious and well presented. A lot of the customers seemed to be regulars and it was a little loud. Also, there were almost too many service staff which may account for the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBroyleemanDined on 7/11/2014We have dined here many times and have never been disappointed. Local fresh ingredients and outstanding service. Worth the drive to Simpsonville.Special Features:
- Great food but ...LouiDined on 6/28/2014We went to this restaurant because it was our end of vacation and we heard that it's a great one with south cooking. I can say that the product used was good quality and the chef was a really good cooker. My tuna was perfect, pink inside and cooked outside like the duck that my friend took. The risotto was sublime. I just can criticize the waiting. Almost 1hour to make 4 plates. But I was really disappointed by the fact that from the beginning I wanted a dessert I saw in the menu ( strawberry cheesecake) and while we waited, the other costumers were served. When my turn came to choose a dessert I was ready and the waitress told me that there is no more Strawberry cheesecake so if we hadn't waited so long I surely would have one.Special Features:
- Always greatHappydinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014As usual, the food prep and presentation was just perfect. The service complimented our meal, friendly and personal but not intrusive. Always a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommendedmurphster47VIPDined on 6/20/2014Kept hearing remarkable things, but never wanted to make the travel. I hate that it took me so long, excellent service, amazing food, had a few apps and fully dinner + cocktails and I couldn't complain about one element, we even ventured outside our comfort area with our choices and were astounded by the deliciousness. I highly recommend for a apps/drinks or an entire night.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedBillDined on 6/14/2014Pleasant and attentive staff. Very limited menu and had an abundance of non-southern and unusual items for chef's selections. Very pricey for what you get. Smallest "baked potato" I've ever seen much less be served with a $25 entree. Three bites and it's gone. $7.50 for a lettuce wedge and $12 for a glass of house wine in Simpsonville, SC?? Very loud too if one wants to have a normal conversation with their table mate. No axe to grind here, just sharing our feelings. Had been here 3 years ago and was hoping for a better experience which obviously didn't happen.
- galcuadradoDined on 6/4/2014Stella's is on my go to list whenever I have guest in from out of town. I personally prefer is the back room as it is quieter. The shrimp and grits is always a great choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 375 reviews are from the Stella's Southern Bistro reviews archive.
- Always a special occasionGvilleDinerDined on 6/3/2014Because of Stella's connection with local farms, the menu is able to feature ingredients which are fresh and in season. The menu is always interesting, and I have never had a less than outstanding dining experience here. It is a place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014Everything we ordered was amazing. It's too bad it is located in a strip mall in the suburbs. If only they could find a spot in downtown Greenville.... We'll be back!Special Features: