Stella's Southern Bistro
684 C Fairview Rd
Simpsonville, SC 29680Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Stella's Southern Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stellasbistro.com/
- Phone: (864) 757-1212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Scholz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Indigo Room is an attractive, versatile space that can accommodate groups of up to 50 people. From buffet, to hors d oeuvres, to plated dinner- Stella"s can take care of any size or type of event.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Scholz 8647571212x
A word from Stella's Southern Bistro
Stella’s offers cuisine influenced by the coastal Carolinas & American south. We support regional food artisans & emphasize the importance of sourcing products harvested locally. Stella’s offers from-scratch food & genuine hospitality all served in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy the menu & cuisine of nationally recognized Chef Jason Scholz. Stella's can accommodate groups up to 50 in size in our beautiful & private Indigo Room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stella's Southern Bistro - Best Restaurants in Simpsonville ›
Stella's Southern Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (49)great for lunch (27)good for groups (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (16)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hoiuse cured pastrami, pork & pieThreePeteDined on 11/15/2014We started with our favorite butcher plate, this time with a surprise of house cured pastrami. Excellent! I tried the Pork Sampler entree which was so tender and full of flavor from smoked to braised. The accompanying sweet potato puree and field peas were the perfect finish. We finished with the nut tart and creme brulee. A delicous, caramelly mix of chocolate and nuts accompanied by a mini brulee. Neal delivered excellent service and as we dined we noticed many guests were engaged with the wait staff and each other for a very enjoyable dining experience. A neighborhood restaurant that's worth the drive. You'll be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacePowerhouseDined on 11/8/2014Great Atmosphere, great food, all staff friendly and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Times!MisterMangiareVIPDined on 11/8/2014Met friends here for dinner. Using Open Table reservations, they had our table waiting. Service by our server, Levi, was impeccable. Had a special apple cider/spice sangria which was quite tasty. Appetizers consisted of the Fried Okra (with delish dipping sauce and home-madee pickles) and the Pimento Cheese which also included some pickled okra. Three of us chose the Mahi Mahi special which was cooked perfectly. My wife had the NY Strip which filled the plate and will be a fantastic left-over steak sandwich! The owner even came by to make sure all was cooked to order. Stella's is highly recommended for a good time and good eats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014very noisy , tables too close , food indifferent , service fair,daily special advertised but not available .Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerbmw1Dined on 11/1/2014We went there to celebrate my son's birthday. Service was good but several entrees were not . My steak dish was not very good at all as it was barely warm and not cooked to my request (medium). My wife's fish dish had no taste but she was warned by the waiter that the fish picks up the taste based on the surrounding side dishes. The best meals were the duck dishes served to my two sons as they were excellent. We ordered dessert which was excellent but my coffee was warm at best. Bottom line the dinner had its good and bad points. The last time we went there the total meal was excellent. I do a lot of entertaining from my work so I was a little surprised. I will probably not go back there with all the restaurants in downtown Greenville.Special Features:
- WonderfulFredDined on 10/25/2014Great food. Terrific service. Everything we wanted for this special dinner. We especially liked the waiter explaining all the ingredients of the food as it was served. What a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Nothing in Simpsonville comparesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I have never been disappointed by a meal or service at Stella’s. I would recommend it every time.Special Features:
- Excellent!Marlee104Dined on 10/22/2014Our family was very impressed by the menu options and actual food served. The appetizers never disappoint! Do try the pimento cheese (hot) and the fried okra...you'll fall in love. Oh I can't forget to mention the scratch made dinner rolls served prior to our meal. They were amazing! For the main course, I got the ribeye which was good (not the melt in your mouth experience of some upscale steakhouses but very good & seasoned well nonetheless). Other members of our party got the fish (sheepshead), pork chop, & the pork sampler. All were very good but I hear the pork was exceptional. The service was great & the atmosphere appropriately upscale-ish for the price & location. This place is truly a Simpsonville gem! We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTapiBearDined on 10/11/2014We have been coming here for a while now and it seems the first time we've been there was the best. The food is still good, but the service has seem to go a bit down. The kitchen does take a while to get your main course out and the noise level of the restaurant has definitely gone higher than I recall, to a point where I felt like I needed to talk on top of people just to speak with the person that's sitting right next to me.
- New MenuSamBDined on 10/11/2014Took advantage of the new menu items and really enjoyed the seared flounder and the pork medley. As regular diners at Stella's, we would like to see the menu change with the seasons in the future. As always, service was excellent.Special Features:
- GarygalcuadradoDined on 10/10/2014Stellas has a great ability for putting together combinations you might not of considered. This is an excellent restaurant try something that you been little afraid of trying before.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualRabynDined on 10/10/2014My wife had the strip steak with a fried egg and I had the meatloaf for lunch. Service was excellent and both dishes were dead on. You can't go wrong with Stellas.Special Features:
- Cbs1Dined on 10/4/2014Creative menu and food pairings. Consistently delicious. Committed to supporting local farmers and businesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinnerjpr2Dined on 10/3/2014Ordered Chef Tasting Menu, and what an awesome dinner we had! Food is farm to table, grits are the very best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGo2PlaceDined on 9/30/2014Love that they carry local food and beer. Each item was well prepared and had wonderful flavors. My rare NY Strip was perfect. The OBX flounder was well portioned and very moist. Peanut butter pie ended the perfect day..Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 9/24/2014NEVER had a bad meal! The #1 restaurant we recommend in the Greenville area always! Also gave your name to the local marriott to recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the special tasting menuRandmelVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our server Mike offered us the special tasting menu they had from the night before. Oh my goodness! It was so fun sampling the different foods, and I was so stuffed! The level of creative flavors at Stella's is unmatched in Greenville, in my opinion. And the service is just so friendly. They recognize us when we come back, and it just feels so welcoming and special. Props to Mike and Austin in particular. They've served us before, and they are just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for an interviewMarkJVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great spot to have a conversation. Was quiet, but not uncomfortably so. Meal was great, well prepared and reasonable priced. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great pork chopbillreedredVIPDined on 9/17/2014Eaten here a number of times Food is always good Only need better beer selection Never ant ipa's n better bread Main dish n sides always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemJustforkicksDined on 9/13/2014Stella's is a gem. I've been coming here for lunch and an occasional business dinner for years, but finally took my wife for a "date night." Food is always excellent both in taste and presentation. The restaurant uses local farms as much as possible so that adds freshness as well as interesting twist. I've been here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful findAndylee4710VIPDined on 9/13/2014Stella's had been recommended so we decided to try it on our next trip to Greenville. What a wonderful surprise in a little strip mall. The chefs have brought a little bit of low country to the upstate, with a focus on local ingredients. Starting with the flaky biscuits and local butter, the meal kept getting better...my wedge salad was delicious and not laden with heavy dressing. My husband had the grand slam and it was tasty and beautifully presented, every element including the homemade English muffins were perfectly done. I had the capacious mad with local pasture raised beef and it was one of the best I ever had. We opted out of desert, but noticed some really yummy items we will try when we head back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineFoodFunDined on 9/10/2014This is the place to have lunch or dinner. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and the staff will make sure you have a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!SctataDined on 9/10/2014From the first aroma to the welcome of your found reservation to the details being taken care of, Stella's is always top notch for its wonderful service, delicious food choices and ambience. There's always a good mix of business and pleasure clientele and all can be satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stella'smaggieDined on 9/10/2014Fine cuisine with farm to table ingredients! Our server did an outstanding job without rushing us and all the food was served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceEarleOxnerDined on 9/6/2014We had the pimento cheese appetizer, shrimp and grits, vegetable plate, and chocolate cake. All were perfect. My wife had a martini which she said was great. Our server remembered us and really made the meal special. I highly recommend Stella's!Special Features:
- BamafanDined on 9/2/2014Great experience! Food and service both excellent! We will return!Special Features:
- Good Tasting MenucarlosVIPDined on 8/30/2014Overall the Tasting Menu I had was good, particularly the soup and the mixed grill. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the dessert: the blueberry roll was ok and the white chocolate toffee was uneatable: the toffee was so hard that I could not cut it with the spoon so I had to leave it on the plate.Special Features:
- Stella's Southern BistroFinediningVIPDined on 8/30/2014The acoustics are so poor that you cannot talk if there is a moderate crowd in the restaurant. Menu parings are strange, not flexible to substitute.
- 10 year anniversaryMiddletonsDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I choose Stella's for a dinner to celebrate our Anniversay. The staff was excellent, everyone was so friendly and looked like they were having as much fun as we were. The food was so delicious we have not stopped talking about it yet! Thanks guys!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only for lunchStoliRocksDined on 8/27/2014One of my favorite lunch spots but I avoid for dinner.Special Features:
- Still GreatJim19Dined on 8/19/2014We have been dining at Stellas for the past three years and I choose it for my birthday dinner. We are always pleased and were once again. I had the duck sampler and it was the best I have ever eaten. My wife always gets the pork chop as it is well prepared. The wine list is adequate and we can always find a bottle we like. This may be the best value restaurant in the Greenville area. Two couples next to us were also celebrating birthdays and commented on how good their meals were. It was the first time for one couple and they said they would be returning. If you are looking for a pleasant change drive to Simpsonville and try Stellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As AlwaysBookerDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have been going to Stella's since it opened. Never a bad experience. Food is consistently good/great. Excellent wait staff and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationjs3opDined on 8/9/2014All four in the family went to dinner on this occasion. From steak to fish to a vegetable plate we all thought the food was excellent. The service and ambiance are always great at this our favorite spot in Greenville.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Outstanding !!!! The food and atmosphere were great. Did I mention the food ? I would eat here every day if I could !!!!!Special Features:
- The ExperienceKnightDined on 8/5/2014Stella 's provided an excellent venue for old friends to get together and enjoy each other's company. Food was excellent, with daily specials and drink compliments. Wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Will certainly return again.Special Features:
- Mixed ExperienceLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014Went to Stella's on busy Friday evening. Service overall was good. Our initial waiter was attentive, but he left to handle a group of 15 that came in. Our second waiter tended to talk over us without listening to what we were saying. The fresh heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad was fantastic as was the duck bacon and arugrula salad. However our main courses were not as good. I ordered the duck sampler plate with sliced duck breast and a duck roulade that was too bready and overly salted. My wife ordered the trout that had a bit of a muddy water taste. We were surprised that with local trout available from up in western NC that the quality of their trout wasn't better. The peach cobbler was homemade, but was too bready; not enough fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodie SpotKevinDined on 8/2/2014In Greenville, Stella's remains in my top 5 Foodie Hot Spots. The culinary skill is simply amazing with knowledgeable servers on the nuances of the mill and recent changes to menu items. Only reason why this spot doesn't recent full stars is due to the size of the dinging room....very cramped as tables and seats are very close together and near high traffic lanes for servers and front-of-the-house staff.Special Features:
- Anniversary DateandrivenDined on 8/2/2014Went here for our anniversary - very attentive service (congratulated us on our anniversary) and fantastic food. Would absolutely recommend. I had the hanger steak and meatloaf -- both quite good and very unique. Unique cuisine/menu but still fairly accessible even if not a total foodie (which I'm not).Special Features:
- The following 390 reviews are from the Stella's Southern Bistro reviews archive.
- Family FriendlyTheNanaDined on 7/26/2014I recently had dinner there with my daughter, son-in-law, and 6 year old grandchild. We enjoyed excellent food and cocktails and they also had a child friendly menu. The wait staff was efficient and responded to every request. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared. We will definitely go to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Simply the Best!kimberlymaustinDined on 7/25/2014From reservation all the way until the very end of the meal this was simply one of the very best experiences ever! We were celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday and while I had called ahead earlier in the week to let the staff know why we were coming and to request a specific waiter, I was simply blown away by the attention to every detail. All the waitstaff made sure to greet and wish my grandmother a happy birthday. Even the flowers the restaurant were decorated with were her favorite which was also on her cake that was delivered there earlier in the day. The food was fabulous as always and the memories we made as a result are priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.