Stella's Restaurant - Richmond
1012 Lafayette Street
Richmond, VA 23221Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Stella's Restaurant - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8043582011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm- 10:30pm, Sunday Brunch: 10am - 3pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Stella's Restaurant - Richmond
Stella’s honors rustic & modern Greek cuisine, bringing the freshest ingredients & Mediterranean fare table side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Stella's Restaurant - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Stella's Restaurant - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (98)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (51)hot spot (45)romantic (38)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wish food was hot.....Kpw001VIPDined on 10/19/2014we had brunch at Stella's and none of our food came out hot. Luke warm potatoes just do not taste good when they are not hot. One of the people In our group had the lamb bacon sandwich and he thought it was fabulous. He was the only one wowed. Had gone to Stella's with high expectations but unfortunately, most of us were disappointed. Maybe dinner is what we need to try.Special Features:
- Great local placeTmconsultantsDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful ambiance and the food was magnificent. Highly recommend this little gem .Special Features:
- Deliciousgnomme4Dined on 10/16/2014We ordered Tiropita and Mushroom Saganaki to start, and had the Pastichio and Artichoke Moussaka for dinner. Everything was so delicious, with authentic spices. Can't wait to go back and try a bunch of other selections.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, wonderful food!eatNoutDined on 10/16/2014The She-Crab soup is to die for! The rockfish was delicious and so was the salmon.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My partner and I had attempted to get reservations at Stella's multiple times without luck. Finally, we realized making a reservation months in advance was necessary. We dined at Stella's for our 2-year anniversary dinner. Overall, the food was incredible! One of the best meals in a long time; the tapas across the board were delicious. My only criticism was our server. She was understandably busy, but fairly kurt the whole time and a little snappy when I asked for clarification of the special apps. She was the only disappointing part of the experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent spot in RVAABPRVADined on 10/8/2014We wanted to go to Stella's for a long while, but the reservations were always booked. We finally had our chance for our anniversary. What an experience. Our waitress, Meghan, was excellent. She allowed us a taste of the Resinata before ordering and it made the decision even easier. The small plates are excellent as was the butternut squash soup. This place is on our short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysCleoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great meal and service. Pumpkin cheesecake is back for the fall and it's so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buzzlightyearDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food at Stella's. Service was pretty good, although a bit slow, and noise level was high. Had to wait 3 weeks to get in, and food was well worth it. Would recommend the food to others, but waiting that long for a reservation was annoying, and noise level was high. Service was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Glorious foodSassalDined on 10/1/2014The food does it all. The octopus is the most tender I have ever had and the little triangles of heaven are exactly that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss!Royalty9372517Dined on 9/28/2014You have probably heard stories about how amazing this place is already. It's time to add it to your list, once you do you will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Greek CuisineNYFoodieDined on 9/27/2014This is our second time to Stella's and the food was outstanding. The preparations are creative and authentically Greek. The best I have had outside of Greece.Special Features:
- Delicious GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014After a short wait (with reservations) we were blown away by the food! I recommend the meatballs as an appetizer, Lamb Shank as the main course. We were too full for desert! Fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'STELLA'R!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I had an amazing dinner with my parents at Stellars. We ate very well, our service was great, and we did not feel rushed. I will definitely be recommending this spot to many people in the Richmond area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great for LunchNikkiDined on 9/16/2014My coworkers and I come here at least once every 2 weeks (or more) for lunch and absolutely love the service and food. We've become so much of a regular, they usually know what we're going to order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitadwasmDined on 9/13/2014It took waiting for almost a month for a weekend reservation at a decent time, but it was worth the wait. The service was great, the food was everything the reviews say... delicious. I'm not an expert on Greek food, but everything we had tasted awesome and the place itself was a cool, little restaurant with good ambiance. I'll definitely make my way back there soon.Special Features:
- Stella's never disappoints!MishaDined on 9/12/2014My sister was getting married, and I wanted to host a nice dinner for her and the bridesmaids...She had never been and I thought it would be a great spot to have great food, great drinks and an all around good experience. I've come to Stella's many, many times as its a favorite among my friends and I. Thank you so much for seating us a few mins early and a wonderful dining experience!!!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for dear friendRenaeVIPDined on 9/12/2014We both love Stella's so this was a natural choice for my good friend's birthday dinner. We both commented several times on our young waitress' professionalism, skill and attentiveness. We shared spanakopita and fried squid appetizers with our drinks. These were perfection and quite large portions, so we decided to share an entree, while enjoying a lovely red wine our waitress suggested. The shrimp with feta was fabulous and just enough. However, a birthday is not complete without dessert so we each ordered the rustic peach tart, after learning that our first choice, was still in the oven. Just as we got our check our waitress brought us each warm, small portions of our first choice in to go boxes. What a thoughtful touch! Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!Foodie7577VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is always incredible and the staff is great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!EEW1452Dined on 9/6/2014The food is authentic Greek and absolutely delicious! Our server was extremely knowledgable, gracious, and kind. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded and noisyMarshaDined on 9/2/2014This is our third visit to Stella's. The last visit was more than a year ago. They are doing great business and perhaps have added more tables in a very small space. This causes you to eat very close to neighbors on either side of you. Many people like this but we found conversation at our table to be almost impossible. A pretty high stress environment and the noise level is very high. The food is what brings customers to this restaurant; certainly not the ambiance.Special Features:
- two words:RVASusanDined on 8/30/2014Bright White , cocktail that is. order one. you can't get one just anywhere. The Cypriot salad w fennel aNd pistachios is also delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the seafood specialrvajeanDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant was buzzing at 5:30pm. Our waitress was efficient and prompt. Loved the octopus appetizer. We have been here a few times and I always love the seafood special. This time it was rockfish over a delicious risotto. My husband had the crabcakes which he enjoyed. Too full for dessert. Will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent food. Enjoyed it. Beautiful place & nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lkynanaDined on 8/26/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Richmond! The food is ALWAYS delicious, service is excellent, and the location is very convenient. Reservations are always nice to have but we have found if you arrive late there is always a seat available. We have never had a bad meal and eat there quite a lot. Leftovers are always enjoyed the following day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot for Our AnniversaryNorthsideRVADinerDined on 8/26/2014We celebrated our 18th Anniversary at Stella's and it was perfect. The staff was engaging and friendly, the atmosphere was vibrant and the food was phenomenal. Stella's is one of our "go to" places in RVA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2d visitPuchkinDined on 8/23/2014still a superb kitchen, knowledgeable staff, wide Greek menu, reasonable pricingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnjackberryDined on 8/23/2014We Had a wonderful time at Stella's. we had a family friend in town. He thought it was awesome. Thanks to the staff for everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Stella's is a gem. Excellent and authentic food that has you wanting to come back even while you are still there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety of authentic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great service and food. Tables are a little too close together and conversation of adjacent customers were heard and I needed to adjust my normal volume down a bit as to not disturb them. (Something to think about if your evening there will be a moment of sharing confidential/private information.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerNoleDined on 8/21/2014Went out with another couple for dinner. We all had a blast. The food was great, service excellent, overall could not have been better. Have also been there for lunch and enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining in Richmond, VARichmondExecDined on 8/19/2014This has to be my favorite place to dine in Richmond, VA. It is a small, neighborhood restaurant that serves wonderful Greek food and offers an excellent array of wines. Customer service could not be better. The food is served looking like a page from Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- great food bring ear plugsbeinghonestDined on 8/19/2014You won't find better prepared Greek style dining but the noise level in the restsurant is so high its virtually impossible to enjoy it. How to spoil an evening!!
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This is the perfect place to go on a date night or for lunch! Never disappoints. This is my go to place for good food and great service! The community table gives you the chance to get to know other people while eating great food. Over all a great place to eat!Special Features:
- Perfect Date Nightbails4foodDined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I were celebrating being reunited after weeks of travel apart and Stella's was perfect! The atmosphere is warm and romantic, and yet homey and casual. The service was excellent; we never needed to ask for anything. Our server knew what we wanted before we did. It was nice to be able to focus on each other and not the logistics of dinner. This was one of my few experiences in Richmond that reminded me of the level of service and food quality of Charleston, SC. Thank you Stella's!Special Features:
- Best Greek Food in VAFunfoodgirlDined on 8/15/2014I constantly crave this amazing food and drive over an hour to eat here. It's as good as my in-laws cooking and as good as what I've had in Greece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Excellent food, excellent service. We were just a table of two and the seating was extremely tight, we could hear the exact conversations of the tables on either side of us.Special Features:
- Yummy.RVAbornDined on 8/14/2014Was yummy. Pork under cooked and they had to take it back. They said sorry but of course it dragged out our dinner and then our food was not at the same time. They did nothing for us to make the bad better. Food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AB820Dined on 8/11/2014I thouroughly enjoy Stella's every time I go. It's perfect for a any occasion & you never leave hungry that's for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Spot, Great FoodwithgladnessDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner. It was our first time in the new location - a perfect place and meal for his birthday. We really enjoyed the menu (sometimes difficult because I'm vegan) and found the service and the wine delightful. We will definitely go back for another special date night or birthday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewBruceDined on 8/10/2014Strella's is a great place to eat. Staff was very accomodating and and helpful, going above and beyon. Seating was great and the food excellent. We had family from out of town and everyone was very impressed and pleased with the menu selections and the food they ordered. We will be back!Special Features: