Stella's Restaurant - Richmond
1012 Lafayette Street
Richmond, VA 23221Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Stella's Restaurant - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8043582011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm- 10:30pm, Sunday Brunch: 10am - 3pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Stella's Restaurant - Richmond
Stella’s honors rustic & modern Greek cuisine, bringing the freshest ingredients & Mediterranean fare table side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stella's Restaurant - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Stella's Restaurant - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (78)special occasion (54)hot spot (36)romantic (34)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- two words:OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Bright White , cocktail that is. order one. you can't get one just anywhere. The Cypriot salad w fennel aNd pistachios is also delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the seafood specialrvajeanDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant was buzzing at 5:30pm. Our waitress was efficient and prompt. Loved the octopus appetizer. We have been here a few times and I always love the seafood special. This time it was rockfish over a delicious risotto. My husband had the crabcakes which he enjoyed. Too full for dessert. Will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent food. Enjoyed it. Beautiful place & nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lkynanaDined on 8/26/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Richmond! The food is ALWAYS delicious, service is excellent, and the location is very convenient. Reservations are always nice to have but we have found if you arrive late there is always a seat available. We have never had a bad meal and eat there quite a lot. Leftovers are always enjoyed the following day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot for Our AnniversaryNorthsideRVADinerDined on 8/26/2014We celebrated our 18th Anniversary at Stella's and it was perfect. The staff was engaging and friendly, the atmosphere was vibrant and the food was phenomenal. Stella's is one of our "go to" places in RVA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2d visitPuchkinDined on 8/23/2014still a superb kitchen, knowledgeable staff, wide Greek menu, reasonable pricingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnjackberryDined on 8/23/2014We Had a wonderful time at Stella's. we had a family friend in town. He thought it was awesome. Thanks to the staff for everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Stella's is a gem. Excellent and authentic food that has you wanting to come back even while you are still there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety of authentic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great service and food. Tables are a little too close together and conversation of adjacent customers were heard and I needed to adjust my normal volume down a bit as to not disturb them. (Something to think about if your evening there will be a moment of sharing confidential/private information.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerNoleDined on 8/21/2014Went out with another couple for dinner. We all had a blast. The food was great, service excellent, overall could not have been better. Have also been there for lunch and enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining in Richmond, VARichmondExecDined on 8/19/2014This has to be my favorite place to dine in Richmond, VA. It is a small, neighborhood restaurant that serves wonderful Greek food and offers an excellent array of wines. Customer service could not be better. The food is served looking like a page from Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- great food bring ear plugsbeinghonestDined on 8/19/2014You won't find better prepared Greek style dining but the noise level in the restsurant is so high its virtually impossible to enjoy it. How to spoil an evening!!
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This is the perfect place to go on a date night or for lunch! Never disappoints. This is my go to place for good food and great service! The community table gives you the chance to get to know other people while eating great food. Over all a great place to eat!Special Features:
- Perfect Date Nightbails4foodDined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I were celebrating being reunited after weeks of travel apart and Stella's was perfect! The atmosphere is warm and romantic, and yet homey and casual. The service was excellent; we never needed to ask for anything. Our server knew what we wanted before we did. It was nice to be able to focus on each other and not the logistics of dinner. This was one of my few experiences in Richmond that reminded me of the level of service and food quality of Charleston, SC. Thank you Stella's!Special Features:
- Best Greek Food in VAFunfoodgirlDined on 8/15/2014I constantly crave this amazing food and drive over an hour to eat here. It's as good as my in-laws cooking and as good as what I've had in Greece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Excellent food, excellent service. We were just a table of two and the seating was extremely tight, we could hear the exact conversations of the tables on either side of us.Special Features:
- Yummy.RVAbornDined on 8/14/2014Was yummy. Pork under cooked and they had to take it back. They said sorry but of course it dragged out our dinner and then our food was not at the same time. They did nothing for us to make the bad better. Food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AB820Dined on 8/11/2014I thouroughly enjoy Stella's every time I go. It's perfect for a any occasion & you never leave hungry that's for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Spot, Great FoodwithgladnessDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner. It was our first time in the new location - a perfect place and meal for his birthday. We really enjoyed the menu (sometimes difficult because I'm vegan) and found the service and the wine delightful. We will definitely go back for another special date night or birthday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewBruceDined on 8/10/2014Strella's is a great place to eat. Staff was very accomodating and and helpful, going above and beyon. Seating was great and the food excellent. We had family from out of town and everyone was very impressed and pleased with the menu selections and the food they ordered. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food was great always! Service was really slow and it was hard to find room in the table for every thing surrounded by our dirty dishes and glasses. However it was completely enjoyable since we had great company and were in no rush. Just a fyi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- margaretDined on 8/7/2014Always outstanding but VERY noisy! Food superb as was service. Very affordable too. But the level of noise is tough for anyone over 40!Special Features:
- always a pleasuremsjudyVIPDined on 8/4/2014We have been to Stella's several times for lunch and enjoyed it. This was our first dinner at the restaurant, and it exceeded our expectations in terms of food and ambience. Service is consistently excellent. It is noisy but very delicious and fun.Special Features:
- The food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014I loved the food. Good size portions. Overall, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not the best!FeedingFisherDined on 8/2/2014Stella's has a great reputation and a huge following of dedicated customers. I had not visited the new location since the re opening in 2011. The appetizers (teropita and the 3 dip sampler) were GOOD. Not great. Our entrees (#5 pasta with meat sauce and pastichio) were good and even better the next day as leftovers. Our server did a good job but was nothing special. Stella's is loud and very crowded as it is a neighborhood favorite. If you don't have a reservation, you will wait 30-45 minutes. If you would rather have a quieter more intimate environment with comparable (or better) food, I would go to Greek Islands on Broad. If you like a vibrant busy restaurant with good food, Stella's is great.Special Features:
- Great FoodDallasfoodieDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant had great food. We shared several meze dishes and it was enough for a meal. The restaurant was very full and quite loud though. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Gem!NJFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Stella's is small & most tables are set up for 2. The service is top notch, the menu is unique & hard to pick one item. We ordered $10 Greek salad which was spot on, w/ the salad dressing balance was perfect,good for 3 or 4 people! We ordered the shrimp appitizer in a tomato sauce, the sauce was yummy w/the shrimp. We sharred the meatball appitizer, but would not order again, a little dry. All the items we shared were v good, along w/ a greek red table wine! The bread is GOOD!! For dessert,ice cream was so good,the chocloate mouse pie, yummy. The building/ceiling tiles make it very loud to talk if you had a group, so 2-5 folks is best for Stella's noise issue. Good BAR scence, many singles & friends of all ages, Great will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!RichmondgirlDined on 7/28/2014Stella's has both traditional Greek dishes and some new cuisine. The moussaka was incredible - perhaps the best I've ever tasted. The service was great - knowledgable, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek, delicious and brilliantJeffMDined on 7/26/2014Great food and gorgeous, thoughtful design. The helopitas are delicious yet unavailable in other Richmond Greek restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stella's is the bestCMitchDined on 7/25/2014Can't believe this was our first time. We've already been back again and know we will go back often. The food is phenomenal, the service is impeccable. Best filet I have EVER had. And killer baklava. Everything was outstanding! What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty food, very tight seatingBobTheBuilderVIPDined on 7/25/2014I've never really been served authentic Greek food before, so was not sure what to expect. At the suggestion of the server, I chose an entree that was a sampler of their foods... Don't ask what it was called- it had a lot of t's and z's in the name :) We enjoyed the excellent food and service. Con- I requested a 'quiet table' in my OpenTable reservation, and booked an early 5 pm seating. Seating is tight, side-by-side. We were the first couple seated. Within 10 minutes, the hostess proceeded to seat a boisterous couple next to us, when she had an apparent choice of 15 other tables in the room. Lesson- don't go expecting 'quiet, romantic, or private.' Expect that if you need the salt, you can ask someone at the table 18" away. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AndreaZ63VIPDined on 7/19/2014I have been living in Richmond for so many years -- I can't believe that I have never heard of or tried Stella's before this night! It was truly great dining. We will be back to this place for sure!Special Features:
- Excellent Food for Brunch or DinnerpianalystDined on 7/6/2014We have had many excellent dining experiences at Stella's Restaurant. The food is always delicious, the ambiance comfortable, and the service friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Yes, its that good!lr2014Dined on 7/3/2014A quick google search on Stella's and you'll find nothing but 4 and 5 star reviews - because they earned it! The food and ambience are fantastic. Every dish I've had has been nothing short of amazing. Whether I've been here for a quiet dinner with 1 person or a group of 6, I've enjoyed it each and every time.Special Features:
- Always love Stella'sRiverCityGirlDined on 6/30/2014I took my son to Stella's to celebrate, and we had an amazing dinner. The food is always authentically Greek and fabulous. The wait staff is attentive without being intrusive, and the atmosphere and decor are casually upscale. The crowd is always friendly - everyone is happy to be there. Stella's always delivers!Special Features:
- Sescos ManifestoSescoDined on 6/21/2014Calamari app with Shrimp Santoriini entree split between two lovers. Two glasses of House Chardonnay. Baklava for dessert. No one seems to be able to serve squid that is not rubbery, so Stella's is at the benchmark here. Our waiter was outstanding in all categories. The ambiance is clean, tidy, neat, but not old world or ethnic. The seating is a bit close, but if you come for tasty Greek food you've chosen well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBennthereb4Dined on 6/20/2014You know when you take that first bite of something and you think to yourself "Wow, that's delicious!"? Well, it really says something about a meal when you are more than halfway finished with your meal you still feel that way about every bite. Kudos to the chef!Special Features:
- BumblebeeDined on 6/16/2014Excellent food and service. It was almost like being in Athens again. Make a reservation because it is always busy, for good reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impressJessDined on 6/11/2014Stella's is one of my top 3 favorite restaurants in Richmond, and yet again they delivered wonderful ambiance, excellent service and amazingly delicious food. Only hang up is you pretty much need reservations if you are hitting at the prime dinner hours, but noticed around 8pm a few tables cleared out and stayed open for a little while at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gregDined on 6/9/2014Stella's is always a great experience. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.