1525 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonstella.com/
- Phone: 6172477747
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Late Night: 11:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Robin King
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Stella is participating in Restaurant Week (March 15 - 20 & March 22 - 27, 2009) for Dinner Sunday-Friday.
A word from Stella
Stella is a fantastic new Italian restaurant in Boston's hip SoWa neighborhood. Chef Evan Deluty is considered one of New England's most talented chefs. Evan and Candice Deluty celebrate the grand opening of their third restaurant, Stella.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stella reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (77)great for outdoor dining (61)vibrant bar scene (60)fit for foodies (55)hot spot (53)special occasion (39)good for groups (38)great for brunch (32)romantic (27)notable wine list (16)late-night find (14)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great, But...CaitlinDined on 10/22/2014Everything was great- only problem was the rude bartender. BUT, that would definitely not stop me from going back again.Special Features:
- Lovely food and lively environmentRebeccaDined on 10/22/2014Stella is the perfect neighborhood restaurant. There are always folks at the bar, you run into friends all the time and the staff is friendly and outgoing. The only small drawback is the noise level which in some ways gives it a vibrant vibe but can be difficult for conversation at your table. The food on this outing was very good. Our table selections ranged from spaghetti and meatballs, to salmon, to homemade gnocchi. Everyone thought their dishes were satisfying and delicious. The pizza's are also a treat and the salads all are good. You can have a full meal or enjoy and array of appetizers. If you want a fun night out surrounded by others who are totally enjoying themselves, this is the spot for you.LiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Stella is my go to spot whenever I am in the South End. The bartenders/drinks are amazing and the food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!FoodieChickDined on 10/15/2014My friend and I found this cozy little gem online, looking for a great place on the Sound End! We arrived a half hour earlier than our Open Table reservation time and they were able to seat us immediately anyway. The hostess was so welcoming and friendly, the server was knowledgeable and attentive, and the food WAS BEYOND DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! I can't wait to go back! I highly recommend the appetizer spicy mussels in a saffron sauce and the honey glazed salmon!Special Features:
- Great South End SpotLivingInFranceDined on 10/11/2014Stella is a real find. The service is attentive and the food is delicious. There's also a good wine list. We started with the Caesar salad which was perfectly dressed. I had the swordfish which was beautifully cooked and came with a tasty sauce. My only criticism is that it was served with asparagus which aren't in season. One of other diners had the short ribs which were deliciously tender, richly sauced, and served with papardelle to mop up the sauce. This dish was an 'order again.' The third diner had a pizza which was also very good. We ended the evening lingering over a tasty fruit crostata and coffee. I emphasize "lingered over" because although the restaurant was full, our server told us to take our time. That made the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014There was good service, the food was excellent, It is a good spot to bring a date or also get together whith friends and family. overall good experienceSpecial Features:
- Great night at Stella's!!Layla2013Dined on 10/6/2014Recently had a birthday celebration dinner for 6. Had an early reservation and requested the room off the bar room and ended up having it all to ourselves for the evening!! Really made it a special night for all. Food is great our server was wonderful can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Noise Level Too HighTag4554Dined on 9/27/2014I went here on a date and we couldn't even hear each other talk. The seating was so close that the person in the table behind me kept banging into me. This was very uncomfortable. However the waiter was very good and responsive. My date made an error and ordered the chicken dish wrong. They replaced it with the dish she meant to order at no additional charge. Also the dish came out very fast. Nice touch! Too bad it was so crowded and noisy Every thing else was excellent.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsECharlesDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Stella a number of times and it Never Disappoints. It's a Great Atmosphere, Always Bustling, Managers and Wait Staff very attentive to your needs. Food is ALWAYS consistently excellent, wine list is superb. Seriously excellent Value for the Money. Evan is a Genius and Magician!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside or bustNoNoiseNoNonsenseDined on 9/20/2014The inside was WAY too loud to carry on a dinner conversation but luckily a table opened up outside. The downside to that was our server also had tables inside so service was slow. The restaurant should really dedicate a server to a section not randomly assign tables. I would only go again if eating outside, hence I will not eat here in the winter. Food was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014The menu, atmosphere, service, and venue all make for a real nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Very disappointing BrunchCarmensensemanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Stuffy, crowded, and noisy serving marginal food. Nothing special here. Enough said!
- Food drowned out by noiseDCELoganDined on 9/13/2014The food was good, if a bit salty, however the experience was very lacking. It was the first cold, rainy day of Fall, but we were so cold inside we had to keep our jackets on and were actually warmer when we got outside again. More importantly, it was so loud (we were in the second dining room) that my date and I had to yell to hear one another, and even then it was difficult. I would give the food another try, but will not be returning because of the overall experience.Special Features:
- Great Italian!njgalinwtVIPDined on 9/13/2014We loved our meal at Stella's. We had the pizza for an appetizer which was excellent. My husband had pasta while I had Chicken Milanese. Both were excellent and we left full and satisfied. The decor is very modern and wait staff very professional. But the prices were reasonable, even for the city. Highly recommend. Can't wait to go back and try other menu items.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureSandraDined on 9/12/2014We have been coming to Stella, from Rhode Island since 2010 and it never disappoints. The energy is always good, the staff attentive and the food spectacular. The menu appeals to a variety of tastes. We love the Marinated Beets / goat cheese salad, the Orecchiette pasta and many of the Grilled pizzas...the specialty drinks are a treat as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014We had an out of town guest in for the weekend so we wanted to take her to Stella after we picked her up from the airport. Everything was excellent as we expected. Great food and great fun, but we have to make special note of the outstanding service given by April at the bar where we ate dinner. It was extremely busy but she made us feel very relaxed and special. Very attentive, super friendly and fun. She made the night for us.Special Features:
- Best gnocchi everMyNameIsBarryDined on 9/10/2014Took the bf here for his birthday due to great things I had heard about the place. Stella did not disappoint. Service was attentive, courteous, and friendly. I had the BEST gnocchi of my life- so tender with the perfect level of richness. Bf had a salmon special that he deemed cooked to perfection. Ambience is nice enough for a date, yet laid back enough to relax. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014We've eaten at Stella's several times and always had a pleasant experience. This last time, however, was not up to their general standards. We had a 6:30 reservation. From the moment we sat down, we were rushed through our dining experience. Our waiter, while pleasant, must have come over and asked us if we were ready to order five times. Even after we told him we would need several minutes. They had us fed and out the door by 7:30. Not the relaxing dinner we were hoping to spend with our daughter. Also, the noise level was so loud, my husband missed most of the conversation (we're in our 50's so not hard of hearing). If we go back, we'll ask to sit outside. Noise is much more manageable. As expected, FOOD was first rate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2014Food is amazing here. Servers are a little snotty but still good and professional.Special Features:
- still our favorite in South Endchuckmac07VIPDined on 9/6/2014great setting, perfect bar, the best arugula salad anywhere, and wonderful pasta & fish selection. modern Italian done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterVIPDined on 9/4/2014As always, great service and delectable food! WOO WOO!Special Features:
- Delicious dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014It was a special occasion, but I would go back for any reason. Staff was very nice, good service and the food was great as well as drinks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/2/2014Normally, I like Stella a lot, but this time it was so hot inside. They insisted their a/c was at maximum, but the temperature was unbearable and this, unfortunately made for a miserable dining out experience.
- Good quality food, but limited menuGwanderlustDined on 9/1/2014Husband and I sat outside because the ambiance seemed better there than in the noisy inside. We were allowed to split a pasta entree at no additional charge, which was very nice. The half portion pasta plus a shared appetizer was just right. The food was very good, but the menu seemed small with limited options overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a GemMikeDined on 8/27/2014Great food, ambiance, and service...Stella is consistently excellent. Fit for all occasions.Special Features:
- DarkKnightWKCDined on 8/27/2014I haveliked Stella for years because of its ambiance and its coll late night bar scene. The food has been fine in the past, but I really enjoyed my swordfish this time on top of a warm corn salad. My only issue in this visit was the fact that my guest and I wanted to catch up for a bit and the restaurant was not that busy, but our waitress seemed to not want to hear or respect that and kept pushing us to the next segment of the meal. After compliying each time, we decided after the main course to not order dessert and walk to another local place to continue our conversation. Outside of this matter, I found Stella the nieghborhood gem it usually is!Special Features:
- Never disappointedGirlWhoEatsDined on 8/17/2014I love coming here for brunch and dinner. It's a favorite go-to spot to bring my out of town guests.Special Features:
- Brunch at the barAnonymousVIPDined on 8/10/2014I didn't get the his name, but the bartender was nice and put in the order correctly. My boyfriend's burger was slightly more cooked than requested, but still good. My steak and eggs were great. We always like Stella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Dining at StellaPastaLoverDined on 8/9/2014We had a great dinner at Stella! The waiter noted that we could get two half prices for the same price as a full pasta. This was fantastic and allowed us to try four different pastas. They were all great! I highly suggest this for some yummy Italian food.Special Features:
- Overall good but hard to hearNoisybutgoodDined on 8/7/2014Lively on a Thursday night! We sat in the second room which was filled with large parties. Our little party of 4 enjoyed the food, but could not hear each other over the din from the other tables.Special Features:
- Great overallPrinceVIPDined on 8/3/2014We sat outside and even with the cool weather it was a great dinner and we were not cold thanks to the blanket that he restaurant gives you. Dinner was delicious and the service was one of the best ever at Stella. The waiter was very attentive and very friendly. He even replaced an appetizer and a martini for free after one of my friend spilled it by accident. It was really a GREAT experience. And the terrace is always very nice for a dinner al fresco.Special Features:
- marjoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great all around restaurant. Always a loud vibrant crowd with plenty of noise. They also have good food and a good wine list. what else can you want? We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackVIPDined on 7/27/2014Standard brunch fare at a reasonable price. This particular Sunday it was not very busy so service was fast.Special Features:
- Good but always loudMichDonVIPDined on 7/24/2014Stella is always good. We love the food but for some reason it is always loud...very loud. Hard to hear the person across from you. It was busy but not super busy. Oh well. We like the food and always nice service. We will keep going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South End GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Great vibe; food and drinks were excellent!! Outdoor option a plus! We booked on Open Table and got seated right away!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2014Lackluster food quality and presentation from an otherwise-reliable neighborhood venue. The foccacia was dry and stale, although the server was kind enough to find some that was "fresher", although that, too, was not even close to it's usual high quality. Entrees were lacking their usual standard quality; chicken cacciatore looked promising, but the chicken was cool, dry, and fairly flavorless despite nicely crisped skin. Chalking it up to a summer Sunday night B Team in the kitchen.
- Stella finaleMuzzieVIPDined on 7/20/2014After a very disappointing experience at Stella a few months ago, I decided to give it another try because the menu is great and the food quite good. Again, and for the last time, the service was awful. The waiter was completely disinterested in service, and had zero enthusiasm. Never stopped back to check on us. I had to waive down another waiter to order a second beverage, which our waiter brought, without saying a word. I'm done with Stella. There are plenty of places that make dining pleasant - not Stella!
- back to StellaB2B2Dined on 7/16/2014My wife and I have been eating at Stella's every 2 years over the past 12 years when we have made our pilgrimage to Boston. We have always remembered the food as being excellent, although noise level at the least "energetic". This July seemed not quite the same. Although the food was good, it was not singular. And, the noise level was deafening. This may be a measure of us aging rather than Stella's qualities. Regardless, we shall dine elsewhere in 2016.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014Nice ambiance with the dim lighting, but they still have the plastic chairs that get uncomfortable for a long dinner. Food was good but a little over salted, particularly the red sauce dishes. The linguine dish was delicious. The Milanese was nicely fried. Service was friendly and attentive with the right balance. There is outdoor patio sitting which is nice, although we opt to sit inside due to the humidity. I would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravisDined on 7/1/2014The AC was not working and we were not warned ahead of time. Once we got there they did not give us the option to sit outside or anything special despite the inconvenience of it being 90 degrees outside with no AC inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.