1525 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonstella.com/
- Phone: 6172477747
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Late Night: 11:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Robin King
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Stella is participating in Restaurant Week (March 15 - 20 & March 22 - 27, 2009) for Dinner Sunday-Friday.
A word from Stella
Stella is a fantastic new Italian restaurant in Boston's hip SoWa neighborhood. Chef Evan Deluty is considered one of New England's most talented chefs. Evan and Candice Deluty celebrate the grand opening of their third restaurant, Stella.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stella reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (76)great for outdoor dining (63)vibrant bar scene (59)fit for foodies (55)hot spot (40)great for brunch (34)special occasion (34)good for groups (33)romantic (27)late-night find (14)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great spot to meet friends!JereVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a great dinner. service, atmosphere, food all excellent! Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic! We brought ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Fantastic! We brought our two teenage boys to celebrate a 15th birthday. They loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Stella's for the firstLuvFoodVIPDined on 2/28/2014Went to Stella's for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. When we got there they were great and brought us to our table right away. They were very attentive in getting us water and bread. But then nothing. We waited almost 15 minutes before the waiter came to take our drink order. I'm guessing he was a new waiter. I have to say though what will bring me back is the food. The beet salad was great and then we both got the salmon on top of spaghetti squash which was fantastic. I would recommend for food, not service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantnikikellyDined on 2/28/2014Was helpful to have the valet parking. The food and service excellent. From the rolls, muscle appetizer, steak special, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual Girls' WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2014Four friends come to Boston for one weekend each year to catch up, shop, eat and drink. We always make a reservation at Stella. Our Saturday night dinner is like our fifth friend!Special Features:
- We keep going backTeachVIPDined on 2/21/2014to Stella. Granted, we live in the neighborhood but Stella has all the ingredients - great food, good service and a dynamic atmosphere to make for a fun night out. This time I ordered a cocktail - a Frizzante -which was just the right amount of refreshing and sweet. I'm addicted to the bolognese here. And I always make sure to save some to bring home for lunch the next day. It's the best around - and I make a point to try it everywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner drinks andMoc98Dined on 2/21/2014Excellent dinner drinks and service as always! A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experience wasgreatfoodDined on 2/20/2014Our dining experience was fantastic! Food was wonderful! Our server, Maria was exceptional! She was our server in the past and remembered us. Maria is the best staff person as are the support staff who were very attentive to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DinnerBarbaraDined on 2/18/2014Party of Three - requested a quiet table and we were not disappointed. Service was impeccable, from the valet out front, hostess and wait staff. Food was wonderful - our appetizer - squash soup was fabulous, entrees of beef tenderloin (he wiped the [plate clean) salmon was delectable and pasta dish was perfect. Waiter let us mix up the gelato and sorbets and the our big guy ordered the pecan pie which was devoured. We will return and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Italian dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/17/2014My boyfriend and I came here for a late valentines day celebration. We had an amazing meal and our waiter was very attentive and helpful with suggestions. The cocktails were excellent as well, I had the peach vesper and the spicy tequila martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great recommendationNYCfoodieDined on 2/16/2014I was visiting Boston and my friend recommended Stella and I was so pleased with everything! The décor was wonderful, all white! The service was very attentive and professional. The food was delicious! Really, really good! It was fun and lively. Overall it was a terrific experience and I would recommend to all my friends now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable for brunchadamVIPDined on 2/16/2014Good place where the food is always good for brunch. However, the coffee was not great which is an important issue for brunch. The yogurt parfait, the smoked salmon bagel and the breakfast sandwich were all very good. The french fries are also great. We were seated in the back of the 2nd room which was not a great spot and there appeared to be other tables. The main room is much brighter and more pleasant.
- Delicious brunchCrisCDined on 2/16/2014I went for brunch with a friend, arrived early and got seated right away. Ordered the duck confit hash with english muffin-- DELICIOUS. A lot of meat on the plate with a two poached eggs, I was so full after but couldn't help eating every single bite. There wasn't a lot of flavor, but I prefer food that isn't too salted, so that worked for me. Even the muffin was fluffy and toasted to perfection. My friend got the frittata with chorizo and sweet corn which was also delicious. It was a huge portion so she wasn't able to finish it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentsp22Dined on 2/15/2014My date and I were not satisfied with the amount of food we received. It was less than the amount we received during our previous visit in December for the exact appetizer we had ordered before which added a bit of disappointment. Nonetheless though, the good was beyond amazing and it is still my favorite restaurant. The service is wonderful, our waitors during both visits were very polite and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way overbooked despite reservationsdoyleDined on 2/14/2014We had a 9pm reservation and arrived at Stella to find at least 20- 30 parties, also with reservations, waiting for their tables. By 10 pm they still didn't have a table for us and offered us a bar seat, which had a limited menu.Special Features:
- Valentines Day DisasterDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014Went here on Valentines day to find that every table had been double booked. It was so packed that we couldn't even get in the door.
- Had dinner at Stella on Valentine'sDonWDined on 2/14/2014Had dinner at Stella on Valentine's day. It was our second visit to this vibrant south end restaurant. The food is excellent, the wine list provides lots of options at different price points, the prices are moderate and the staff is knowledgeable and attentive. The only down side, depending on where you get seated, is the noise level. In the front room which adjoins the bar the noise level can be overwhelming on a busy weekend. If you aren't good at lip reading and you want to hear what your dinner companion is saying, ask to be seated in one of the back rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, indifferent serviceJDHueyDined on 2/9/2014Took my teenage daughters here for brunch. We came for food and not the atmosphere, so our expectations were kind of already set. Not being 20- or 30-somethings, living in the city or even in the neighborhood, we were kind of serviced as such. The restuarant and servers clearly cater to their target clientele, but isn't each customer as important as the next? That said, the food was delicious, perfectly prepared and nicely presented. Two little bugs...with a good brunch menu and generally upscale ingredients, I expected that the toast wouldn't be typical sliced bread, nor the jelly to be prepackaged Smuckers packs. Little touches go a long way between good and very good/outstanding.Special Features:
- Menu hasn't changed in 6 yearsBradVIPDined on 2/8/2014We used to go to Stella frequently but got bored with the menu. We went back to give it another try since it's been over a year. Same menu! The laziest restaurateur in Boston.Special Features:
- A snowy nite I. BostonDindiDined on 2/5/2014We weren't even sure you would be open due to the snow. But u were and it wS warm and cozy. Met my neice and she had never been and she loved it. Food and service was great. Valet service was appreciated as there was a parking ban. Left for Mexico the next day . Perfect place to go before flying out. thx..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayBarbDined on 2/3/2014The ambience is quite nice. The food was okay, nothing to rave about. Drinks were quite good and wine list is good. Service was nice. I wouldn't rush to go back.Special Features:
- We had a table ready and waitingTGorhamDined on 2/2/2014We had a table ready and waiting for out 1 pm brunch reservation. the staff was attentive and courteous; the food was delicious, arrived hot and quickly. We thoroughly enjoyed our brunch. I'd go back and try out the dinner based on my wonderful experience. Afterall, the south end of Boston is a great venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go toKarenVIPDined on 2/2/2014The most consistently good food, good service, good time restaurant in Boston....Special Features:
- First time dinerRestreviewerDined on 2/1/2014My husband went with another couple after getting reco from the neighborhood tour guide. We were served fresh onion flavored bread with hummus for starters which was so tasty. Fried artichoke appetizers were something we never saw on a menu and they were delicious. Swordfish was delicious as was everyone else's meals. Arugula salad was a little dry. Only one chardonay choice but was very good. Bar service was a little slow and we were seated next to a family with young loud children, which was annoying. Overall great choice and we will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Boston RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014I've been to Stella numerous time for different occasions: work events, holidays with the family, engagement party with a group of family/friends. The food and drinks are amazing, the customer profile is fun and the service is welcoming. Anytime I want to have a special night out Stella is my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMetroWesternerVIPDined on 1/24/2014Good food. Service was attentive without being intrusive. We both enjoyed our meals, and the price was comparable to other nearby restaurants. It was worth the 15-minute walk in near-zero temperatures!Special Features:
- Food is always consistantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/9/2014We have been the a number of times and have take othe people As well. Great menu and each dish is prepared perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Saturday BrunchKennVIPDined on 1/5/2014Really nice atypically prepared eggs Benedict. Prosciutto wag greatSpecial Features:
- Stellar dining at StellaDianaDined on 1/1/2014Dean was the most professional, engaging, and career waitstaff we've ever had. He answered our questions with genuine care. This is our third time at Stella's and the food is consistently delicious and well plated. Portions are ample and the windows create a delightfully open feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExperienceGrayGhostDined on 12/29/2013We were looking for a brunch spot last Sunday. Found Stella on line. Great reviews and an appealing menu. We went early Sunday, shortly after they opened. Service was very good from the young lady who seated us to the waitress and servers. Very friendly and attentive, without over doing it. The menu for Brunch was varied, the prices were reasonable and the food was great. We will definitely return and will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, quick serviceBerkerycVIPDined on 12/27/2013Great good - quick service. Good beer selection. Overall great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!GracieDined on 12/27/2013Our waitress was fabulous (the service walking in was not great), the pastas were excellent and the ambience casual and fun with a lively buzz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun nightIrishkelley87VIPDined on 12/26/2013Great cocktail list and delicious food - we got the beet and goat cheese salad, short rib and fig pizza, scallop risotto, and the tagliatelle bolognese. All were delicious and our servers were very attentive. If anything, they checked in too frequently, but it was still appreciated.Special Features:
- Great experience as always!NikkiVIPDined on 12/21/2013Great experience as always! Beet salad is amazing, and I don't even like beets.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little disappointedKmanDined on 12/21/2013Good atmosphere and excellent service. The menu is moderately priced for Boston and that is what we got. Nothing was bad but nothing was memorable either .Special Features:
- Our dinner was outstandingMVClammerVIPDined on 12/21/2013Our dinner was outstanding in terms of food, decor and staff attentiveness. The noise was just too much. We were a party of four in a corner table, so we weren't surrounded by other diners yet we couldn't hear our dinner companions conversation. None of us is hard of hearing. Suggest softening the environment a bit.
- Fun bar sceneRichVIPDined on 12/20/2013Fun bar, and good food which makes for a nice combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous ambiance, Excellent foodFeedMeBoloVIPDined on 12/20/2013Beautiful, romantic ambiance. Truly delicious food. I could happily eat the bolognese seven nights a week -- Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2013I dined at Stella's with two other friends. We each had different type dishes and each was given a rave review! Can't wait to go back again to feed my palate!Special Features:
- good brunch, but just ok serviceadamVIPDined on 12/15/2013Been coming here for brunch for years and the food itself has remained very good. The eggs, burger, the breakfast sandwich and the duck hash are still all very good. The portion of smoked salmon on the bagel has definitely gotten smaller the last couple of times I have been here...hardly enough to cover the bagel and just a bunch of tiny pieces. I'd rather they give more and charge an extra buck or 2. I also asked for tomato slices which never came. Coffee was good, but I can't understand why they don't give you a spoon at this restaurant, just a tiny wooden coffee stick. A small detail that could easily be fixed. My final complaint was that they kept coming over and asking to take out plates when we were only half done.