1525 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonstella.com/
- Phone: 6172477747
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Late Night: 11:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Robin King
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Stella is participating in Restaurant Week (March 15 - 20 & March 22 - 27, 2009) for Dinner Sunday-Friday.
A word from Stella
Stella is a fantastic new Italian restaurant in Boston's hip SoWa neighborhood. Chef Evan Deluty is considered one of New England's most talented chefs. Evan and Candice Deluty celebrate the grand opening of their third restaurant, Stella.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stella reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (75)great for outdoor dining (62)vibrant bar scene (56)fit for foodies (54)hot spot (40)special occasion (34)great for brunch (33)good for groups (30)romantic (26)late-night find (14)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fabulous as usualMjant45Dined on 5/21/2014Took a visiting friend to Stella for dinner. Superior service, wonderful food and we had a blast. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I tried itSueLDined on 5/20/2014The menu was a bit pricey and limited for a picky eater. Maybe one or two "plain" dishes could be added? My salmon with spaghetti squash was fabulous! Very clean and bright. Friendly, abundant staff so we didn't wait long for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Gnocci was a big soggy but everything else was pretty goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from start to finishJuliaVIPDined on 5/17/2014The vibe is fun and appeals to all age groups. It can be loud, but we expected that. The food was great. Swordfish was cooked perfectly. Risotto was delicious. Kevin, our server, was attentive and clearly enjoyed his job. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingBostonAASVIPDined on 5/16/2014Such great food, great staff, and amazing drinks!Special Features:
- Enjoyed my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Food was great, second time there and I would return. Trendy hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014Drinks are outstanding. The food is okay, not amazing, but the service destroyed the whole mood. 2.5 hours to dine there. Server never checked once we got our food. After appetizers had to ask for the salad and after salad has to ask for entree. It was almost 45 minutes after the salad before we had our entree. The communication between the server and his food runners fell apart, and the manager tried to show us the time stamps of when food was put in instead of just admitting that the whole experience just took too long. It's such a great location and has such potential, but if you go and visit, make sure to allow plenty of time. Granted it was busy but, they should have handled it better.Special Features:
- Awesome place!!AlexboyDined on 5/9/2014This is a pretty great restaurant! From food to martinis everything is just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youBirthdayDined on 5/4/2014My son enjoyed his birthday, I enjoyed also. Not real Italian as I expected more on the contemporary side, with an upscale yuppy Boston feel! That is a compliment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014I really like the ambience and food at Stella's. However, the service is not great. Have been here twice and the host/ hostesses are nice, but once you get to your table is not always a great experience. We had to wait a lot for the waiter, then some more for our drinks to come, including a really long time for a cup of coffee to arrive. It took the waiter a long time to take our order, and he was not that nice tto make us forget the wait...Special Features:
- still our favorite SE spotchuckmac07VIPDined on 5/3/2014great bar, nice modern Italian menu that's well executed and friendly servers. a great experience every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We were early to our reservation of 7 pm and were seated immediately. Our server was attentive and when there was a mistake with the drinks, he quickly returned with the correct order. The appetizers (Caesar salad and arancini) were excellent as were the pasta entrees we had (linguini, orricchiette and pappardelle); the pizza (4 mushrooms) was not good (too cheesy, not very many mushrooms). We were never rushed and enjoyed a leisurely dinner on a Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappoint front of houseNotmyfirstrodeoDined on 4/27/2014I was disappointed by the front of house. I arrived and they claimed they did not have an opentable reservation in my name. They did give us a good table but I did not appreciate the face he made at me and the attitude of the maître d'. Food was fine, not stellar by fine.Special Features:
- great food on festive night!JaneVIPDined on 4/21/2014We were there on the evening of Marathon Monday and it was a festive, energetic, celebratory vibe. The food was great and our waiter was lovely. A great night. We'll be back.Special Features:
- We Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Great for brunch! A little noisy but the food, service, drinks and everything were great!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2014Did you mean Great for Bunch or Great for Brunch? Everything was top notch except for the noise level which would make me plan to eat outdoors the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLbos23Dined on 4/19/2014Just delicious. The cocktails are worth it. And, the wine list is not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Outstanding!LukisPuppyDogBostonVIPDined on 4/18/2014Tile fish special was to die for. Perfectly cooked fish with seamlessly matched veggies. My seafood risotto was amazing as well. Perfect balance of seafood and rice (ie - not too much rice). Waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. Service was very well-timed for a hectically busy Friday evening.Special Features:
- Mediocre AnniversaryAlexandraVIPDined on 4/17/2014I had eaten here 1 before with a few girl friends and thought it had nice ambiance so I made a reservation to celebrate my & my boyfriend's anniversary. When we arrived, we were seated in an adjoining room which has completely different ambiance than the main dining room where the bar is located. I was seated next to the door, next to a fire extinguisher. I asked to move & we were seated at the next table over. There were three large parties of 8 or more also in the room. A couple also on a date at the table next to us also noticed how loud the room was. I was completely put off that they had seated two tops in this room that they obviously knew they had loud, racious diners in. The food was good but I was turned off by how we were treated.
- Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Very nice and relaxing restaurant. The mussels appetizer special was heavenly.Special Features:
- Easy Going Friday nightMonaVIPDined on 4/11/2014Stella's staff's excellent hospitality makes it easy to glide into the weekend in elegant style. All attention to detail about seating, food, service was completely on point----and always is. We were delighted to sit in the back back room and enjoy a relaxed and well-paced meal before going out to a late show. Thanks for a lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- Stella was StellarDiningDivaDined on 4/6/2014I ate at Stella for brunch and will certainly be going back for lunch, dinner, and a late night snack. The food and service were great. They were very attentive and pleasant. I also felt like they were very generous with the portions especially for the affordable price we were paying. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised! Our waiter also told us that their kitchen is open late on weekend for late night snacks, which I had no idea about! I will be checking it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and modern atmospherelsalemaDined on 4/3/2014We went there on a Thursday night and the place was packed! Very modern scene great for a night where you want to have a nice meal with friends or loved ones. Don't expect it to be quiet though. Our table had fried artichoke heart for an app. For entrees we had the sirloin, salmon, and the swordfish special and everyone enjoyed their meal!Special Features:
- Nice brunchMustyDined on 3/30/2014Really nice decor, cool restaurant. Server was quiet but efficient. Trendy feel/vibe to Stella. Food was very nice - Sunday Brunch streak & eggs. Potatoes were different - not sure I liked the way they did them. Would go back though. Lots of guys in there...Special Features:
- SO loud!outfordinnerDined on 3/29/2014Dinner for four. Sevice was great, hard to hear the waiter especially with such a strong accent. Service seemed a little rushed, and food came out so fast!!! The restaurant is much louder than I remeber from a couple years ago. The food was great, but too loud to hear anyone you are with. All we heard were the people at the table next to us who were trying to speak above the music and the diners. Think we will look for a quieter place.... The valet returned our car to us with the inside completely soaked on the passenger's side. The door, the dashboard and the seat were soaked! He said he had the window down, WHY? It was pouring rain out? $21 ($16 + $5 tip) to park and they soaked my car! NOT HAPPY!Special Features:
- Excellent will be back!CMSuenoDined on 3/27/2014I've been to Stella 2 times now and will be going back! Drinks are amazing and the food is delicious : ) It is a very comfortable place to go with a large or small group of friends. Great experience both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningNomnomDined on 3/26/2014Had a great experience over all. The waiter was fantastic bringing me a couple of wines to sample and all three desserts were delicious. Really loved the atmosphere. I've been there with family and with a group of friends and both evenings were great,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2014When I made the reservation, I forgot that I had been there once before. As soon as I walked in, it came back to me. It is way too noisy for my taste. It's a little more bearable as you get further from the bar but still unpleasant. It's too bad because it's an attractive restaurant with good service and the food I had (salad and pasta with asparagus cream) was quite good. The only reason that I wouldn't recommend it is because of the noise level.
- Love it!IsabelDined on 3/23/2014I went there for my birthday, and our waitress was great, she made sure I had a great time, the best serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2014Busy, noisy local institution. Food is only OK, Service is only OK, and a noisy happening place can in itself be exciting, so I guess, if that's the night you want Stella will not disappoint.....To be honest I don't see what drives the perpetual interest in this place....they are not trying to excel on any level. Looking for a great meal ? Fabulous service? There are numerous better options. We enjoyed our evening - nothing specifically bad, just not memorable.Special Features:
- Good service, Great foodTAsh33Dined on 3/22/2014Went here over the weekend with my long-time girlfriend. We had to take an early reservation because we booked day-of, but it didn't bother us terribly. Our service was friendly enough, though a little stiff. Not the type to make any kind of conversation or tell you too much about the food. Everything was prompt, but the best word to describe service was: Stiff. Food was incredible. Will go back for that, undoubtedly. Everything reasonably priced. Great place for a first date if you want to show off without dropping serious money.Special Features:
- Stella is a great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2014Stella is a great neighborhood gem with a hot bar scene, consistently delicious food, and an excellent selection of wine. All the waitstaff and Stella are friendly and professional, and Dean is among the very best -- gracious, knowledgeable, helpful and efficient. Stell is a South End classic that provides an exceptional evening out.Special Features:
- Nice Evening Outfoodie2bDined on 3/20/2014The food at Stella is always wonderful and the service is excellent. I love that it has both good food/service while feeling relaxed. I enjoyed the beef shortribs with noodels. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stella is a fun restaurantOppi328VIPDined on 3/16/2014Stella is a fun restaurant with terrific service and reasonable prices. We loved both the mushroom and flatbread appetizers (which have a lovely thin, crunchy crust) as well as the crudo appetizer which is salmon and tuna ceviche. I had the sirloin for my entree, and it was good, but it wasn't as amazing as the appetizers. One of our guests had the short rib with pasta, and he liked it very much. We recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent & attentive staffTerriDined on 3/15/2014Would dine at Stella's again but at a quieter time (we were there at 9:30pm Saturday). Also will try the outside dining in summer -thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch - very kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2014We go to brunch here every week with our 2 year old daughter. The staff is extremely accommodating, from the manager to the waiters to the busers. It is one of the most kid friendly restaurants we've ever experienced. And of course the food is outstanding too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annemarie is the greatest!VinnyDined on 3/9/2014Best section head in the South End. Perfect timing, knowledgable, really pleasant and as cool as a cucumber. These are the attributes I associate with dining section heads. Annemarie has them all. I came once before for brunch and was in her section so this time I requested to be in hers on opentable and it was fantastic. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding meal and servicejpyogiVIPDined on 3/7/2014we had such a fantastic dinner~ and the service was excellent as well. we couldn't have asked for more. only feedback is that it can be pretty loud, but they did their best to seat us in the quieter of the rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- festive, fun, and always goodsouthendloyalVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great combination of excellent food, interesting cocktails, vibrant atmosphere, and, yet, the ability to talk (not shout) at others at your table. Highly recommend this neighborhood spot as a reliable-- but not boring-- option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a local, I can always countAlyssazinoVIPDined on 3/6/2014As a local, I can always count on Stella for a good meal and a good cocktail. It never dissapoints. My only problem with Stella is that the food comes out very quickly. So we always try to order slowly! Can't wait for the spring for outdoor dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.