Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
1201 N. Walker
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stellaokc.com/
- Phone: (405) 235-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Saturday - 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday - 10:30 - 2:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Stella Modern Italian Cuisine offers two separate private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Tyler 4052352200x
- Special Events: Stella is closed on Mondays to allow the restaurant to host special events such as wine dinners, cooking classes, cocktail classes,etc. Please join our email list through Stellaokc.com to be invited to these private events.
A word from Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine specializes in fresh seasonal menus featuring local and organic ingredients when possible. The wood burning oven is the heart of the restaurant, producing Roman style pizza and the majority of the menu. Our culinary team has created an exciting menu that showcases local ingredients. The wine list is an interesting group of Italian and American wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)special occasion (57)neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (32)romantic (29)great for brunch (25)good for groups (25)notable wine list (22)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Very fresh, updated menu. Crostini was superb.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Crostini ,fresh bread and Crab with pasta all were excellent. Didn't even get to try pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food combined with great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014Even our associates that were with us, who own a chef's catalog, raved about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loosen your belt!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014As a first timer to Stellas, I had no idea how ample the portions were. My eating partner and I shared the bruschetta ( a must have ), shared the potato leek soup, did not share the main course ( I had their home made sausage and pasta ) and each had a dessert ( what were we thinking?!!) which was delicious but neither of us was able to finish. Every bite was fabulous, although my pasta came out a bit cold. It was quickly taken back to the kitchen and returned steaming hot. Because of this we were offered a free dessert....you know there is a real concern on management's part to take care of the patrons. No microwaves in this establishment. Everything made to order. If you're in Oklahoma City, don't miss this place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stella's: A First Timer's ReviewFretzDined on 11/19/2014We went to Stella's for dinner to celebrate our 24th anniversary. It was easy to get a reservation through Open Table. When we arrived we were seated next two three young women who were a little loud. We asked to be moved and we were accommodated. My wife ordered the special pasta of the day; it had great flavor but was luke-warm when it arrived and cold by the time she finished. I ordered a brick-oven pizza which was barely warm when it arrived and cold by the time I finished. By the time the waitress asked if everything was okay, we were pretty much done. She offered a free dessert which was very good. Throughout the night it was difficult to keep my glass of water full. The interior was nice. The menu was adequate but over-priced. Really, a half chicken oven roasted for 24 dollars! We can say that we have been there now but likely we will not be going back. We have been told that the lunch menu is better than the dinner menu. I am not raring to charge off and try the lunch menu. The staff was nice but a little inattentive. The food taste was good but pricey especially since it was served cold. The atmosphere was nice but sports on TV seemed a bit out of place with decor.
- Brunch at StellackreyDined on 11/16/2014We LOVE brunch at Stella. Friendly staff, bloody mary bar, green eggs and ham - what more could you want? Relaxed atmosphere with a touch of hipster and delish food are what keep us coming back again and again and again and...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningsteadythereDined on 11/14/2014We stopped in to celebrate buying a new home and being much closer to our favourite restaurant! Reserved a table through Open Table and the low lighting was a perfect setting for a chilly evening. Our server, Todd, was perfection and everything was lovely as it always is at Stella's. He had knowledge of all the dishes we asked about and provided recommendations based on his experiences as well. This is always helpful and a staple of the staff at Stella's! We enjoyed the bruschetta trio and my favourite was the goat cheese, fig, & prosciutto one! I also had a cup of the vegan white bean soup and it was delicious!! I immediately told my mother (who is vegetarian) that she needed to try it! My fiance enjoyed the bison short rib which was fall-off-the-bone divine and I had the smoked chicken pizza. Mine wasn't as good as other pizza's I have eaten at Stella's, my fiance did enjoy it though. (You need to bring back the pizza with the egg on top!!) For dessert we had the Stella's candy bar and the vanilla gelato with Elemental espresso. These capped off an extremely enjoyable dinner that we cannot wait to enjoy again! We love Stella's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant with class w/ a relaxed environment.FrankieBDined on 11/13/2014Service and attention to the costumer is splendid, everyone is very friendly and courteous. The food taste really really good and it's perfectly cooked accentuated with a personal touch. Fits any occasion; relaxed casual dinner, romantic setting for couples, etc. Two thumbs way up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014I just had a group of Radiologists in for dinner and the food was fantastic and service was as well! We will definitely consider this as one of our "hot spots" for our group dining!Special Features:
- Some good itemskmartin7VIPDined on 11/5/2014My wife loves an item of their Autumn menu, so we've been meeting there after work once a week. I got the crab pasta, and it was way too salty the first time. They "fixed" it, but the second time it has too much lemon for my taste. I got the Butternut Squash Gnocchi the time before this visit and it was pretty good. It seems like the food is close to being great, but it just never has been there, yet.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014Stella has great food and great service. I am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/2/2014Green eggs and ham - awesome! Service was quick and cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsAaronVIPDined on 11/2/2014This was our first visit and we are very impressed. Everything about the experience was excellent. The staff is very professional but not "stuffy." The environment is simple but elegant and the food is excellent. The Bloody Mary bar is well stocked and full of options. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsYummyNoisesDined on 10/29/2014Stella is one of my favorite places to take friends for their birthdays. The food and service is always first rate, the chairs are comfortable, and parking is easy. The chicken scallopini is the best I've ever had, and their cocktail menu is excellent.Special Features:
- Incredible BrunchSpenceVIPDined on 10/26/2014My lady and I had ordered Stella once before to go, but hadn't ever stopped in. Wish we had sooner! Very relaxed and contemporary environment, and the food was superb. The portions for brunch were staggeringly large, but the dishes were so tasty we both devoured our entire servings. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLateyKateyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our table was set by a wall covered with a curtain, and was too close to two other tables. It was uncomfortable for us, as well as for them. I was glad the man behind me never got up, I wasn't sure if he could without hitting me. Having been to Stella before, I happily anticipated several gluten-free items, only to find that they have stopped carrying many of the previous offerings unless ordered in advance. I had a salad, with tasty dressing and several tasteless shrimp. My husband's pizza was not bad. Our server was nice but we wish we had not stayed when we first sat down and realized how cramped we were (and in my case, hungry). We will not go back.
- enjoyable mealcyalexaDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant sits slightly back from the road and we almost drove past it. Parking is a bit difficult.There are plenty of spaces if you don't mind using another businesses' lot and walking from behind the building to the front. We had a reservation and had to wait just a couple minutes to be seated. We could have been seated immediately if we sat in the room with the bar but it seemed very noisy so we waited for a quieter table. The calamari appetizer was good but not great. Our entrees were very good. I had the short rib ragout and my friend had a chicken and pasta dish. The bread was very good. Service was fine. Prices were reasonable (for the food, wine by the glass maybe a bit high).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters 18th BirthdayWylieDined on 10/24/2014It was my Daughters 18th Birthday celebration with our fam and some of her friends. Even our 15 year old picky eater had a great experience and tried some new things. Salmon, sauced sort of piccata style over red pepper polenta was awesome. Bruschetta trio was just as nice. Very creative seasonal menu, great server, nice wine list, very cool building in a heritage area. An outstanding experience.Special Features:
- RelizmurpDined on 10/21/2014Had a great time here. We moved here from out of state at the beginning of the summer; our realtor recommended it when we came for our house hunting trip and it was just as good then as it was this past time. We came this most recent time to celebrate my husband's birthday and we had Tammy. She was awesome; had excellent recommendations, was attentive without being smothering and seemed to anticipate our every need with out us having to ask/ state it. Next time we go back we are definitely asking for her. Their menu does change seasonally which stinks if you stick to the same thing everytime but is nice trying something new each time. You'll definitely enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treat for granddaughtereatplantsDined on 10/17/2014Taking my 9 year old granddaughter to the Cinderella Ballet called for a special dinner beforehand and Stella's fit the bill. We were dressed up for the occasion and the hostess immediately asked if our dinner reservation was for a special reason. The menu was a bit exotic for a child's taste but they prepared just a plain pizza for her delight. We had a lovely time and were treated especially nice!Special Features:
- FlavorfulChicagotransferDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening at Stella this past Saturday night. They had just changed to their fall menu and there were great choices. On their drink menu, they had seasonal offerings and a great selection of spirits. As a starter we shared the baked vegetable platter and there was plenty to share for the two of us and it was full of flavor. For dinner, we had the grouper and crab cake for a main course. Both were prepared and presented on an oblong dinner plate looking and tasting delicious. Overall, a great experience and we will definitely return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Always a Winner!VenittaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Stella is one of my go-to spots. Whether dining alone or with others, the atmosphere is always warm & welcoming. The food is served timely, beautifully presented and oh soooo yummy! Our particular waiter could have been a bit more professional but doesn't represent the typical courtesy of the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellafxp1Dined on 10/4/2014Well the food is great. Cannot complain about quality. Out of the handful of times I've been, the quantity has decreased a little. I like to eat and having a portion I finished in 5 minutes was a little sad for me. If you're looking for great tasting food and wonderful ambiance I reccomend this place. If you're looking to be stuffed, I reccomend getting an appetizer so you're actually full, but you'll end up paying more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie1234foodie1234Dined on 10/4/2014We went to Stella's for a dinner with my girl friends. It was nicely set up and the food was overall good, but nothing special. The waiter was attentive but not as pleasant as I would have liked. The bread was my favorite part of the dinner. It was really dark and the chairs were plastic and uncomfortable, but the restaurant itself was nice.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerBestItalianinOKCDined on 10/3/2014The food here is excellent & the wait staff very attentive. This was our second time experience the quality of Stella's. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMandyDined on 10/1/2014Our meal was excellent!! We were celebrating my boyfriend's retirement from the Navy. We had several workers come over and thank him for his service and we were given a free dessert. It was a wonderful evening and the service and food were fantastic.Special Features:
- Awesome food... Every timeRWms70Dined on 9/28/2014We've been to Stella's a few times now and the food is always amazing! It is our go to place when we are downtown, and we have been impressed every visit. Our last 2 visits we have had Jared as our waiter and he's been GREAT! Especially his bar skills! We will return every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOkcfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience for five adults was very enjoyable. Our waiter was knowledgeable on the specials, the menu, and wines. Table was reserved and ready when we walked in. Food was delicious. Probably the best tiramisu in town!Special Features:
- Stella'sTAM1Dined on 9/27/2014Food was excellent, service was great. Décor a little wanting but food and service more than make up for.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We eat here as often as we can. Great winner selection with great pricing. Wonderful food including great desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal Flavor..CarlDined on 9/23/2014Great spot for seasonal specific food and flavor. The deconstructable candy bar is a must! Thanks and will come back again!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceTmacmommaDined on 9/20/2014Food A+, highly recommend. You will be impressed with every bite! Our servers, Jarred & Tammy, anticipated our every want/need. Great atmosphere, wonderful wines & cocktails were excellent as well. This place is a MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a perfect evening.FoodieloveDined on 9/11/2014Everything was great. From the service to the food, we enjoyed every minute of it! The menu changes four times a year, to mix things up...I can't wait to go back and try something new. Our waitress was awesome. I didn't have any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all the way around.WardDined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious. We even had dessert, it was sooo good! I would come back after an event and have a nightcap with one of the wonderful desserts. Our service was excellent too. Our waitress was knowledgable and very professional. This restaurant is a must for every list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal delightsdelighteddinerDined on 9/6/2014Stella is always good, and always has something interesting and new, as they changes their menu seasonally and offer a variety of specials. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The food is great.Special Features:
- ExcellenttopcatDined on 8/31/2014Great food and service. Best brunch in town visitor thought it was great.Special Features:
- Amazing Food-Ask for Jared!okcfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our top picks in OKC, and getting Jared as a waiter makes it even better! Ask for him when you get there and if you're lucky you will get to him before his other favorite customers. We recommend the brucshetta appetizer, heirloom tomato salad, verde short rib or sausage pizza (prime rib pizza when its back on the menu in fall), sausage pasta, their amazing fresh bread, and the candy bar dessert! LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDGOKRDGOKDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service as always! We were greeted immediately and finished up in plenty of time to get to a show at the Civic Center that evening. Staff was friendly and helpful in deciding what to order.Special Features:
- SurprisedRealfdlvrVIPDined on 8/28/2014Have dined here many times and always pleased until most recent visit. Mussels overcooked-not fresh. They were inedible. Pasta dish with lobster cream sauce was missing said sauce- pasta covered with scant bit of out of the can tasting tomato sauce. Other entree had Italian sausage that was gray in appearance and had parts that were clearly undercooked. It was curious to note restaurant was not at all crowded at what typically is a very busy time for this restaurant. Not a good sign . Oh Stella, what has happened?
- foodluvDined on 8/26/2014Generally a good restaurant. Usually food is excellent but must have been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very imaginative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has a wonderful vibe, warm and friendly. Even better the food is wonderful - creative and delicious. We had the pasta with crab and it was memorable. The wine list is also impressive with eclectic selections and reasonable prices. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.