Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
1201 N. Walker
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stellaokc.com/
- Phone: 4052352200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Saturday - 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday - 10:30 - 2:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Stella Modern Italian Cuisine offers two separate private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Tyler 4052352200x
- Special Events: Stella is closed on Mondays to allow the restaurant to host special events such as wine dinners, cooking classes, cocktail classes,etc. Please join our email list through Stellaokc.com to be invited to these private events.
A word from Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine specializes in fresh seasonal menus featuring local and organic ingredients when possible. The wood burning oven is the heart of the restaurant, producing Roman style pizza and the majority of the menu. Our culinary team has created an exciting menu that showcases local ingredients. The wine list is an interesting group of Italian and American wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (60)romantic (45)notable wine list (34)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (31)hot spot (24)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellenttopcatDined on 8/31/2014Great food and service. Best brunch in town visitor thought it was great.Special Features:
- Amazing Food-Ask for Jared!okcfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our top picks in OKC, and getting Jared as a waiter makes it even better! Ask for him when you get there and if you're lucky you will get to him before his other favorite customers. We recommend the brucshetta appetizer, heirloom tomato salad, verde short rib or sausage pizza (prime rib pizza when its back on the menu in fall), sausage pasta, their amazing fresh bread, and the candy bar dessert! LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDGOKRDGOKDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service as always! We were greeted immediately and finished up in plenty of time to get to a show at the Civic Center that evening. Staff was friendly and helpful in deciding what to order.Special Features:
- SurprisedRealfdlvrVIPDined on 8/28/2014Have dined here many times and always pleased until most recent visit. Mussels overcooked-not fresh. They were inedible. Pasta dish with lobster cream sauce was missing said sauce- pasta covered with scant bit of out of the can tasting tomato sauce. Other entree had Italian sausage that was gray in appearance and had parts that were clearly undercooked. It was curious to note restaurant was not at all crowded at what typically is a very busy time for this restaurant. Not a good sign . Oh Stella, what has happened?
- foodluvDined on 8/26/2014Generally a good restaurant. Usually food is excellent but must have been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very imaginative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has a wonderful vibe, warm and friendly. Even better the food is wonderful - creative and delicious. We had the pasta with crab and it was memorable. The wine list is also impressive with eclectic selections and reasonable prices. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedDinnerwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014The food was good, but overpriced for what you get. Presentation was awesome, but does not make up for the value of what you get. The expensive lump crab cake was shredded crab, not lump crab. The drink selection was very good as was the atmosphere. The waiter hovered and continuously interrupted conversations.Special Features:
- weekend getawayljcandvdcDined on 8/23/2014The table we were sat at was not that great, everything else was really good. Our server was very good and helpful, the hostess was very sweet. The food was very good and the bread was amazing!!! We will go back there for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodboydDined on 8/17/2014My soup was a bit too salty, but everything else was the standard high quality and very tasty.Special Features:
- Perfect LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/12/2014Stella provided the perfect lunch for my girlfriends and me!Special Features:
- Good but not greatCunoklaDined on 8/10/2014My family and I had brunch. I had the pork belly biscuits and gravy with two poached eggs. Everything was good except for the biscuits. They were hard and dry. Overall grade "B-". It may be worth another try. I hear there dinners are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAX0NECHARLEYFOURDined on 8/9/2014WE HAVE BEEN TO STELLA'S BEFORE FOR LUNCH AND WERE VERY PLEASED. THE DINNER WAS NOT. OUR WAITER WAS SOME WHAT DETACHED FROM US, I HAD TO ASK FOR BREAD AND THEN FOR BUTTER. NEITHER WAS OFFERED. MY HUSBANDS OSSO BUCO WAS VERY DRY. WE WERE GOING TO A CONCERT AND DID NOT HAVE TIME FOR SOMETHING ELSE. ON A HAPPIER NOTE THE SALAD AND DRESSING WERE VERY GOOD.
- Wonderful!okcdaveDined on 8/6/2014What a treat. The wood-fired pizza was exceptional! Loved it!
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014This was only my third visit. Twice at lunch and this time for Sunday Brunch. Each visit was outstanding and each dish tried had wonderful presentation, flavor and quality. My date for brunch had not dined at your establishment before and was very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BrunchRugbyCoachDined on 8/3/2014Great Experience - custom bloody mary bar to start was awesome. The brunch prices are very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food provided. The crab cake is 99% crab with no filler & delicious. We also had the lemon pancakes and Italian French toast with the best whipped cream ever. We will definitely be back - probably for desert as we didn't have room on this trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Stella's is always an enjoyable experience! The food and service are always wonderful! I go to Stella's on a regular basis as I enjoy this restaurant so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerTorrieDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated our anniversary with 2 other couples. None of us had been to Stella before but it came highly recommended. It did not disappoint. It was delicious and cozy and fun. Their summer cocktail list was exceptional and we were all pleased with our dinner selections. We ordered a pizza as an appetizer, and it was gone in a matter of minutes. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we ever had at Stella!!hardtopleasedinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014We always like dining at Stella, but last Tuesday night was fabulous. All 5 of us commented that each of our entrees was wonderful. Thank you Stella. We'll be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stellajedelsonDined on 7/19/2014excellent appetizers, ok entress, very good selection of wine and excellent recommendations from staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back soon!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service were excellent! Lamb ribs were spectacular! Crab pasta was delicious! We would have paid more for a meal of that quality. Our only issue would be our table was too close to our neighbor and they kept playing with the a/c. To top that, the a/c control was over our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOKCDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014I love their food! I have never had a bad meal at Stella. It is always delicious!!! Thanks, Stella!!!Special Features:
- DeliciousHappyokDined on 7/16/2014I had the lamb chops and green salad with the cheese plate appetizer and wonderful bread pudding for dessert. The lamb was cooked perfectly and the sauce was delicious. The bread is excellent. The bread pudding was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date night eatslkutzDined on 7/12/2014Great italian food and nice ambiance. Was a little loud for the romantic night we'd hoped for but everything else was really good.Special Features:
- ateitallDined on 7/12/2014Food was uniformly excellent . The appetizer pizza and mussels and Brussels were enjoyed by all. All 6 diners raved about the meals ordered, which ranged from tenderloin to pasta to crab cakes. The desserts were varied and excellent. Portions were generously sized. We were celebrating a birthday, And I was thanked by the honoree and all guests for my restaurant choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stella - always goodGeorgeDined on 7/8/2014Have dined here 3-5 times a year the last several years. Food is always fresh, and service friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Had been wanting to try this restaurant for a while, finally got the chance. Food was excellent! Love the pan seared grouper and the Brussels sprouts were to die for! Service was great. Nicole was our server and she was knowledgeable, enthusiastic, friendly and professional. Ambiance was lovely, the noise level was just right. It wasn't too quiet, yet you couldn't hear everyone else's conversations. The decor is beautiful. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitiedwbDined on 6/24/2014Wonderful lunch at Stella's! Great food and Great service! My wife and I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Will be returning soon!!MMShoeDined on 6/22/2014Great food and the wait staff was supurb. It has been a while since we first visited Stella, but we won't be waiting very long to return. It's in a great location that is becomming OKC's next hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sakelover1Dined on 6/13/2014The dishes we order was alsomost excelent except Saffron Risotto. It is mixture between flover of cheese and acidlous. We think it was too strong of cheese flavour.Special Features:
- We keep coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/10/2014Not your local red sauce italian restaurant, which is why we like it. We started with the grilled vegetables with pesto, and followed that with the two current seafood pastas on the menu. Everything is always fresh with wonderful flavors. The wine list is well priced and always has some new interesting choices.Special Features:
- Wonderfulsandmann12Dined on 5/31/2014We had a group of 6 come in and the evening was great. The service was prompt and very attentive, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply great.BerrygirlDined on 5/28/2014We really like this place. Professional, mature wait staff. Food has always been beautifully presented, fresh and delicious. Like that they sources their ingredients locally when possible. Haven't disappointed us yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencetipsy2bottlesDined on 5/27/2014Everything from the food to the service was excellent! We especially appreciated Alicen and knowledge if the menu. She made great recommendations and made our first experience a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014We were first time diners at Stella's. The food was fabulous and waiter performed his duties admirally. We had a great view out the front window. Take a jacket or sweater as it was chilly inside. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- No rice in the Risotto!katmDined on 5/24/2014Ok, it was hard to review because my appetizer was delicious grilled veggies. My Husband and I are both vegetarians so we ordered the risotto. Their was hardly any rice in the bowl! Told our waiter and he called someone over, we told him and all he said was he'd tell the chef. I was not looking for a free meal but an offer of more would have been nice. BTW, 1 appetizer, 2 risotto's 1 glass of wine and 1 sparkling water cost $65.00 with out tip!!!!! No meat folks ,that's some expensive barely existing rice. The restaurant was extremely cold. we asked them to turn the ac off twice. They did the first time but not the second.
- Expensive but goodMathCowboyDined on 5/24/2014My date and I came here after seeing a Civic Center show on a Saturday afternoon. Our 5:30 pm reservation from Open Table was honored. We were seated right away. Our server, Jared, took good care of us during our meal. We started with the brushcetta. There were three toppings. We liked the artichokes topping the best, closely followed by the knock-off on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I got the short rib ragout for my entree. The red sauce was not as spicy as I thought it would be. I also would have liked to have more of that savory beef. However, on the whole, it was worth ordering it. The rigatoni was cooked al dente, and the shaved parmesan added a nice bit of flavor and decoration to the dish. Expensive but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underperformedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Menu was limited, food was only fair, especially for the price. Pasta was cold and had taste/texture as if it had been sitting out for some time. Service was fair, restaurant was not even half full yet waiter was rarely seen. He spent most of the time at the bar watching tv. Will never go back.
- Great foodcquerryDined on 5/16/2014The waiter was very friendly and helpful and the food was very good. The chicken was a little dry and the brussels sprouts just a little overdone. The 6oz strip was the best ever and the portions were very large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expect less for moreTruthBeToldDined on 5/15/2014I surprised my wife and took her out for our 15 year anniversary, the food was ok, although my wife's chicken was cold in the middle. Atmosphere was ok, however our waiter completely ignored us when we would not buy an $ 80 bottle of wine. It was so obvious and my wife was shocked. We ordered two plates and two glasses of wine with two glasses of water, price $88 and could not get my water glass refilled. At the end of our evening our waiter came and said "sorry they were talking to me about wine". Final thoughts Johnny Carinos......Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceKloisDined on 5/14/2014I come here all the time. I love it! This time, I got the half chicken and it was cooked perfectly. The carrots and brussels sprouts were great as well. One side note, our waitress unfortunately was awful. She brought our wine list, and then ignored us for about 10 minutes. We finally had to ask the manager to get her for us, which she overheard. She then said I'll be right there in a rude voice. Why? Why do you have to be rude when we just want to order a bottle of wine??? Stella is so wonderful, please don't ruin our experience because we want somewhat good service. After she dropped our food off, she did not check on us for about 20 minutes...we thought she left the building. Anyway, Ill still come back often.Special Features: