Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
1201 N. Walker
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stellaokc.com/
- Phone: 4052352200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Saturday - 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday - 10:30 - 2:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Stella Modern Italian Cuisine offers two separate private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Tyler 4052352200x
- Special Events: Stella is closed on Mondays to allow the restaurant to host special events such as wine dinners, cooking classes, cocktail classes,etc. Please join our email list through Stellaokc.com to be invited to these private events.
A word from Stella Modern Italian Cuisine
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine specializes in fresh seasonal menus featuring local and organic ingredients when possible. The wood burning oven is the heart of the restaurant, producing Roman style pizza and the majority of the menu. Our culinary team has created an exciting menu that showcases local ingredients. The wine list is an interesting group of Italian and American wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Stella Modern Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (34)romantic (32)notable wine list (26)good for groups (23)hot spot (22)great for brunch (21)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Special treat for granddaughtereatplantsDined on 10/17/2014Taking my 9 year old granddaughter to the Cinderella Ballet called for a special dinner beforehand and Stella's fit the bill. We were dressed up for the occasion and the hostess immediately asked if our dinner reservation was for a special reason. The menu was a bit exotic for a child's taste but they prepared just a plain pizza for her delight. We had a lovely time and were treated especially nice!Special Features:
- FlavorfulChicagotransferDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening at Stella this past Saturday night. They had just changed to their fall menu and there were great choices. On their drink menu, they had seasonal offerings and a great selection of spirits. As a starter we shared the baked vegetable platter and there was plenty to share for the two of us and it was full of flavor. For dinner, we had the grouper and crab cake for a main course. Both were prepared and presented on an oblong dinner plate looking and tasting delicious. Overall, a great experience and we will definitely return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Always a Winner!VenittaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Stella is one of my go-to spots. Whether dining alone or with others, the atmosphere is always warm & welcoming. The food is served timely, beautifully presented and oh soooo yummy! Our particular waiter could have been a bit more professional but doesn't represent the typical courtesy of the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellafxp1Dined on 10/4/2014Well the food is great. Cannot complain about quality. Out of the handful of times I've been, the quantity has decreased a little. I like to eat and having a portion I finished in 5 minutes was a little sad for me. If you're looking for great tasting food and wonderful ambiance I reccomend this place. If you're looking to be stuffed, I reccomend getting an appetizer so you're actually full, but you'll end up paying more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie1234foodie1234Dined on 10/4/2014We went to Stella's for a dinner with my girl friends. It was nicely set up and the food was overall good, but nothing special. The waiter was attentive but not as pleasant as I would have liked. The bread was my favorite part of the dinner. It was really dark and the chairs were plastic and uncomfortable, but the restaurant itself was nice.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerBestItalianinOKCDined on 10/3/2014The food here is excellent & the wait staff very attentive. This was our second time experience the quality of Stella's. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMandyDined on 10/1/2014Our meal was excellent!! We were celebrating my boyfriend's retirement from the Navy. We had several workers come over and thank him for his service and we were given a free dessert. It was a wonderful evening and the service and food were fantastic.Special Features:
- Awesome food... Every timeRWms70Dined on 9/28/2014We've been to Stella's a few times now and the food is always amazing! It is our go to place when we are downtown, and we have been impressed every visit. Our last 2 visits we have had Jared as our waiter and he's been GREAT! Especially his bar skills! We will return every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOkcfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience for five adults was very enjoyable. Our waiter was knowledgeable on the specials, the menu, and wines. Table was reserved and ready when we walked in. Food was delicious. Probably the best tiramisu in town!Special Features:
- Stella'sTAM1Dined on 9/27/2014Food was excellent, service was great. Décor a little wanting but food and service more than make up for.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We eat here as often as we can. Great winner selection with great pricing. Wonderful food including great desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal Flavor..CarlDined on 9/23/2014Great spot for seasonal specific food and flavor. The deconstructable candy bar is a must! Thanks and will come back again!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceTmacmommaDined on 9/20/2014Food A+, highly recommend. You will be impressed with every bite! Our servers, Jarred & Tammy, anticipated our every want/need. Great atmosphere, wonderful wines & cocktails were excellent as well. This place is a MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a perfect evening.FoodieloveDined on 9/11/2014Everything was great. From the service to the food, we enjoyed every minute of it! The menu changes four times a year, to mix things up...I can't wait to go back and try something new. Our waitress was awesome. I didn't have any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all the way around.WardDined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious. We even had dessert, it was sooo good! I would come back after an event and have a nightcap with one of the wonderful desserts. Our service was excellent too. Our waitress was knowledgable and very professional. This restaurant is a must for every list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal delightsdelighteddinerDined on 9/6/2014Stella is always good, and always has something interesting and new, as they changes their menu seasonally and offer a variety of specials. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The food is great.Special Features:
- ExcellenttopcatDined on 8/31/2014Great food and service. Best brunch in town visitor thought it was great.Special Features:
- Amazing Food-Ask for Jared!okcfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our top picks in OKC, and getting Jared as a waiter makes it even better! Ask for him when you get there and if you're lucky you will get to him before his other favorite customers. We recommend the brucshetta appetizer, heirloom tomato salad, verde short rib or sausage pizza (prime rib pizza when its back on the menu in fall), sausage pasta, their amazing fresh bread, and the candy bar dessert! LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDGOKRDGOKDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service as always! We were greeted immediately and finished up in plenty of time to get to a show at the Civic Center that evening. Staff was friendly and helpful in deciding what to order.Special Features:
- SurprisedRealfdlvrVIPDined on 8/28/2014Have dined here many times and always pleased until most recent visit. Mussels overcooked-not fresh. They were inedible. Pasta dish with lobster cream sauce was missing said sauce- pasta covered with scant bit of out of the can tasting tomato sauce. Other entree had Italian sausage that was gray in appearance and had parts that were clearly undercooked. It was curious to note restaurant was not at all crowded at what typically is a very busy time for this restaurant. Not a good sign . Oh Stella, what has happened?
- foodluvDined on 8/26/2014Generally a good restaurant. Usually food is excellent but must have been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very imaginative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has a wonderful vibe, warm and friendly. Even better the food is wonderful - creative and delicious. We had the pasta with crab and it was memorable. The wine list is also impressive with eclectic selections and reasonable prices. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedDinnerwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014The food was good, but overpriced for what you get. Presentation was awesome, but does not make up for the value of what you get. The expensive lump crab cake was shredded crab, not lump crab. The drink selection was very good as was the atmosphere. The waiter hovered and continuously interrupted conversations.Special Features:
- weekend getawayljcandvdcDined on 8/23/2014The table we were sat at was not that great, everything else was really good. Our server was very good and helpful, the hostess was very sweet. The food was very good and the bread was amazing!!! We will go back there for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodboydDined on 8/17/2014My soup was a bit too salty, but everything else was the standard high quality and very tasty.Special Features:
- Perfect LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/12/2014Stella provided the perfect lunch for my girlfriends and me!Special Features:
- Good but not greatCunoklaDined on 8/10/2014My family and I had brunch. I had the pork belly biscuits and gravy with two poached eggs. Everything was good except for the biscuits. They were hard and dry. Overall grade "B-". It may be worth another try. I hear there dinners are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAX0NECHARLEYFOURDined on 8/9/2014WE HAVE BEEN TO STELLA'S BEFORE FOR LUNCH AND WERE VERY PLEASED. THE DINNER WAS NOT. OUR WAITER WAS SOME WHAT DETACHED FROM US, I HAD TO ASK FOR BREAD AND THEN FOR BUTTER. NEITHER WAS OFFERED. MY HUSBANDS OSSO BUCO WAS VERY DRY. WE WERE GOING TO A CONCERT AND DID NOT HAVE TIME FOR SOMETHING ELSE. ON A HAPPIER NOTE THE SALAD AND DRESSING WERE VERY GOOD.
- Wonderful!okcdaveDined on 8/6/2014What a treat. The wood-fired pizza was exceptional! Loved it!
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014This was only my third visit. Twice at lunch and this time for Sunday Brunch. Each visit was outstanding and each dish tried had wonderful presentation, flavor and quality. My date for brunch had not dined at your establishment before and was very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BrunchRugbyCoachDined on 8/3/2014Great Experience - custom bloody mary bar to start was awesome. The brunch prices are very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food provided. The crab cake is 99% crab with no filler & delicious. We also had the lemon pancakes and Italian French toast with the best whipped cream ever. We will definitely be back - probably for desert as we didn't have room on this trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Stella's is always an enjoyable experience! The food and service are always wonderful! I go to Stella's on a regular basis as I enjoy this restaurant so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerTorrieDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated our anniversary with 2 other couples. None of us had been to Stella before but it came highly recommended. It did not disappoint. It was delicious and cozy and fun. Their summer cocktail list was exceptional and we were all pleased with our dinner selections. We ordered a pizza as an appetizer, and it was gone in a matter of minutes. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we ever had at Stella!!hardtopleasedinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014We always like dining at Stella, but last Tuesday night was fabulous. All 5 of us commented that each of our entrees was wonderful. Thank you Stella. We'll be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stellajedelsonDined on 7/19/2014excellent appetizers, ok entress, very good selection of wine and excellent recommendations from staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back soon!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service were excellent! Lamb ribs were spectacular! Crab pasta was delicious! We would have paid more for a meal of that quality. Our only issue would be our table was too close to our neighbor and they kept playing with the a/c. To top that, the a/c control was over our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOKCDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014I love their food! I have never had a bad meal at Stella. It is always delicious!!! Thanks, Stella!!!Special Features:
- DeliciousHappyokDined on 7/16/2014I had the lamb chops and green salad with the cheese plate appetizer and wonderful bread pudding for dessert. The lamb was cooked perfectly and the sauce was delicious. The bread is excellent. The bread pudding was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date night eatslkutzDined on 7/12/2014Great italian food and nice ambiance. Was a little loud for the romantic night we'd hoped for but everything else was really good.Special Features:
- ateitallDined on 7/12/2014Food was uniformly excellent . The appetizer pizza and mussels and Brussels were enjoyed by all. All 6 diners raved about the meals ordered, which ranged from tenderloin to pasta to crab cakes. The desserts were varied and excellent. Portions were generously sized. We were celebrating a birthday, And I was thanked by the honoree and all guests for my restaurant choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.