Stella Barra Pizzeria
6372 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Stella Barra Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://stellabarra.com/
- Phone: (323) 301-4001
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 11:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 12:00am
Saturday 9:00 am - 12:00am
Sunday 9:00 am - 11:00pm
Valet offered Thursday - Saturday 6:00pm - 11:30pm - $7 with restaurant validation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jeff Mahin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have semi-private areas for group events at our restaurant. We offer family style group menus for parties of 10 guests or more. The restaurant is also available for partial and complete buyouts.
A word from Stella Barra Pizzeria
Stella Barra, an artisanal pizzeria highlighting Chef Jeff Mahin's knack for baking and utilizing fresh farmers market ingredients, located on Sunset Boulevard in the heart of Hollywood. In addition to Mahin’s signature pizzas, the menu boasts a selection of small plates, house salads and sandwiches as well as a daily Chef’s Plates menu featuring house-made pastas, crudos, simply prepared proteins and seasonal vegetables. Hand-crafted breakfast items, fresh pastries and a selection of breads to go are also available from a breakfast counter located in the front of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Stella Barra Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Stella Barra Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (42)hot spot (42)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (29)great for lunch (24)late-night find (14)romantic (12)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- hit or missgraceDined on 11/22/2014I had the mushroom pizza which was great, my favorite at Stella but the other pizza(half sausage, half magherita) was burned, flat, and tasted/felt like a discarded tray of pizza. If i weren't so hungry I wouldn't have eaten it. I didn't realize we had been jipped until I saw another table receive a far more plump serving of the same order :(. I don't want to dislike this place but wish their orders were more consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub ParOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014The positives: The food is fresh and the staff is friendly. The negatives: The pizza... the crust is bland and the sauce is too sweet. Also, I think they use regular gas ovens. We also ordered the burrata, which was good. But then they decided to smother it in salsa, completely ruining the dish. The wine list was pretty sad and overpriced. The vibe was very touristy. Nice Italian pizza joint feel walking in, then you see the barrage of TV's with football games playing. Plenty of other places in the area that serve better food (especially for the price).Special Features:
- Another great meal and cocktails at StellaDandDVIPDined on 11/16/2014Make reservations.....weekends are very busy. Definitely our favorite restaurant when going to Arclight. Signature cocktails are interesting and tasty. Pizzas are really good.....love the "Thin Sin" style.....so light and crispy. Cheeseless Rosa with Sausage is a Lactose Intolerant dream....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServerAcesDined on 11/12/2014I love the food at Stella Barra. Known that for a while. But our waiter this last time was exceptional -- Daniel was so friendly and helpful and when I was in a rush, he made all that I needed to happen, happen easily and without a fuss. Really great hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, if you can wait for itTomInLAVIPDined on 11/9/2014I had the experience of taking 2 people here who had never been; after enthusing about it, I was embarrassed by the overall experience. Table of 4 people on a Sunday evening. The food here is very good, but the timing getting it to table was, honestly, atrocious. We ordered 1 appetizer and 4 pizzas. The appetizer-cauliflower hummus-can't be that hard to serve up but it took at least 30 minutes to get to the table. They had told us that the food comes out as it is ready and the 4 pizzas might not come out at once. But they came out so staggered that it was a huge problem - the first two were almost done before the third came out, not to mention the fourth. They were apologetic and comped us a lot, but the evening was a failure.
- FabulousnjvbDined on 11/8/2014The perfect spot for a pre movie dinner! The pizza is the best in LA!!Special Features:
- never fails to please...exexdir1VIPDined on 11/5/2014Had the "off menu" meat ball and giardiniera pizza. Wow! Fried olives with sausage, double wow! Thank you Daniel for the outstanding service. we keep coming back for more...Special Features:
- The best pizza west of RomaslappymurphyDined on 10/30/2014Stella Barra is our favorite pizza place. Their very thin crust pies are pure heaven. Our favorites are the Procciutto and Farm Egg and the Butternut Squash -- but really, you can't go wrong with any choice. The salads are fresh and tasty. And the desserts -- especially the butterscotch cream pudding -- are as decadent as you would hope for. We always top off an evening at the Arclight Cinema with dinner at Stella Barra.Special Features:
- Perfect for meeting up with friendsFieldcolorsDined on 10/25/2014If you are looking to meet up with friends for a drink and dinner this place is perfect. Not only is the food outstanding, but the energy here is a cross between a bar and a club. The music level is just load enough that you recognize the songs playing, but not so loud you have to yell across the table. The people are a mix of all ages, but clearly this is a trendy hot spot and will make for a memorable night with friends. Reservations highly recommended. The only negative is it's a little too dark. Everyone at our table and some at others were using flash lights from their iphones to read the menu. OH! and don't skip having one of their incredible cookies. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The pizza was quite good. Definitely get the Thin Sin (crust) version. The service was good and our server was quite lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good room - great foodDDDBlogDined on 10/25/2014Friendly service and INCREDIBLE Bloody Mary bar - though that might just be on weekends.Special Features:
- Not great this time aroundTunechiVIPDined on 10/24/2014This was my 4th or 5th time dining at Stella Barra and while I usually rant and rave about their food, this time was a total fail. The brussels sprouts came out completely burnt and rather cold. The pizza was so burnt and crispy that it took away from the flavors of the toppings. I was just very disappointed.
- GreatNYPizzaRulesVIPDined on 10/19/2014Always a great time here and they always treat you well. Definitely a great spot for friends or your significant other for a casual night out.Special Features:
- SundayPointhoarderVIPDined on 10/19/2014Ate at the bar before a movie. What great service. I don't recall her name but the bartender was fantastic. Very attentive. We really enjoyed their selection of brunch pizzas and the cookies are to die for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diner before movies/eventslinhDined on 10/18/2014overall, I give food an A, ambiance an A, and the staff an A+. Service was extremely friendly, courteous and fast. My thin crust prosciutto and egg pizza was so good. Would order that dish again.Special Features:
- Good Food; Mediocre ServicegraceDined on 10/11/2014When we arrived for our reservation 4 minutes early, we weren't seated and told to return at the time of our reservation. Some people were seated before us, but we returned at the exact time of our reservation and were told that they were waiting for a table to get up before we could be seated. I don't know what the point of a reservation is if you're not guaranteed seating at the point you've arrived for your reservation. Besides the service, the food was great!Special Features:
- AwesomedavoDined on 10/4/2014Good Pizza, good drinks, good location, good vibes. Check it out!Special Features:
- More than a pizzeriaGuinevereDined on 10/1/2014Everything I have eaten here is delightful and feels carefully prepared. The Bloomsdale Pizza with roasted kale was ridiculously delicious and I've had both gluten free and regular crusts and they are both exceptionally light and have great texture. Also recommended: The Honey Badger cocktail. Delicious and simple.Special Features:
- one of the best PizzaPabloPatronDined on 9/27/2014Every Pizza we have so far tried is delicious. The ingredients, the crust and the flavours. We will definitely come here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brussel sproutsBonzzaiVIPDined on 9/26/2014They have great pizza but the brussel sprouts are amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!MelNagual01Dined on 9/20/2014First time dining at Stella Barra and would certainly go again. Very friendly and timely service. The manager was so kind and continued to make sure we had a a great experience. I was celebrating my birthday with a friend and it made for a fun, unforgettable evening! - Oh, and I love the non-overwhelming menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have reservationrickzanaDined on 9/19/2014even with reservation its really hard to get in But food was greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be backDiningJessDined on 9/7/2014I highly recommend the gnocchi and the mushroom truffle pizza. The chocolate chip rice crispy treat cookie was amazing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisePainterly44VIPDined on 9/5/2014My partner and I went for a bite before a movie and were pleasantly surprised by a delicious menu and excellent service. We will definitely be back for more of their pizzas, their crust is made in house and is very good! And they deliver!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food arclight adjacentLoterialoverDined on 9/5/2014Great meatballs! Fantastic pizzas. Order the thin sin.Special Features:
- Hollywood Go-torichardDined on 9/1/2014This is a great spot for inventive salads and thin crust pizzas. Good wines by the glass as well as decent beer selections. As always, parking in Hollywood is tricky, but one can usually snag a spot on Ivar Street.Special Features:
- GREAT........................RodsterDined on 8/23/2014We had another LOVELY dinner.....always GREAT food and GREAT atmosphere....Special Features:
- STELLAAAAA!MickiVIPDined on 8/19/2014This place has skyrocketed to my favorite pizza joint in the area. The drinks here are good (some cool beers available here) and the appetizers are really good. But the pizza is what takes the cake. Their breakfast pizza is unique (chilaquiles on pizza, who knew?) and the regular pizzas are amazing (the spinach-kale is by far my favorite). Definitely recommending this place.Special Features:
- elisereineDined on 8/16/2014Hostess seated my husband and I in the very back next to the kitchen (terrible table) and our salad arrived before our drinks did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, delicious food!FoodIsGoodDined on 8/9/2014Amazing butternut squash pizza. My friend and I were still talking about it the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLanceDined on 8/8/2014The food is delicious, the staff is friendly and attentive, the decor is nice... they really do a wonderful job. It is one of my favorite nice-casual spots in LA to dine. Looking forward to my next visit.
- uceeDined on 8/4/2014Early dinner before a movie. Reservations for two. Seated immediately. Waiter was friendly and professional. Started with charcuterie plate which was tasty. Beer from the tap tasted stale. Waiter happily replaced it with a bottled beer. Much better. Shared the margherita pizza. Decent crust, but otherwise quite flavorless. Might try again for a quick bite before a show, but won't be expecting much if we do.Special Features:
- Perfect for after a movieTerraFirmaDined on 8/2/2014We've seen restaurants come and go in this spot near the Arclight in Hollywood. Stella Barra seems to have hit it right. Friendly service, good pizzas, a few good veggie dishes and a big open space makes this a fun casual dining place. It is mainly all pizza, but if you don't feel like that, brussels sprouts and the meatball sides make a nice little meal. I also liked the cauliflower but left off the jalapeno pesto since I am not a fan of hot. We generally do half and half on the pizza, wish we had with the Fennel one. It is good, but the whole pizza with fennel got to be a bit much. Our favorite are all the cookies you can choose for dessert, including the rice krispy treats! The apple oatmeal cookie reminds us of a apple crisp.Special Features:
- Date sceneBoyJohnnyBoyDined on 7/29/2014This place is great for a date. I come for a classic beers and pizza date. The entrees are great tasting too. Brussels sprouts were super yum!Special Features:
- The following 115 reviews are from the Stella Barra Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Great!viviDined on 7/22/2014Pizzas are great here! Make sure you also get a cookie for dessert!
- good spot for ArclightarnoldVIPDined on 7/19/2014Our table by entrance and loud at 8 PM Saturday night. Sirens crowd and car noise. Food was okay. Over seasoned as if everyone was a bit drunk or a smoker with dulled taste buds. Just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much ImprovedMarinaCatVIPDined on 7/19/2014Stella Barra finally revamped their menu to make it more robust and they have added more veggies to the menu - a plus for my non-meat eating friends. We asked for our three dishes to come out at the same time but that didn't happen - we ordered veggie dishes...not sure why they could not timed that out right. The food quality has definitely improved and this place is now back on the list of restaurants I will visit after having fallen off for a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find In HollywoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Booked reservations before the Pantages show. Walked in and our table was ready. No waiting. Great atmosphere. Fantastic cocktails. I had a Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. Refreshing gin and blackberry drink. We had a chopped salads which we shared, and a smoked bacon and goat cheese pizza, a margarita pizza, the antipasto plate, wonderful bread, . Probably the best pizza I've had in a very long time. We also ordered the roasted cauliflower. Wow!!! There were 5 of us and we were all in agreement. Fantantastic!!! The server was polite, attentive. Just an all around great dining experience. We have season tickets to the Pantages. This is our NEW PLACE for dinner before the show.Special Features:
- YUM!entertainerDined on 7/12/2014Burrata, salad, butternut squash pizza, glass of wine. Done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/11/2014Had some appetizers before a movie. We thought the cauliflower could have used more sauce and thought the calamari was a little dry with an aioli sauce that that was a little too thick. Both were okay but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.