Stella Barra Pizzeria
6372 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Stella Barra Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://stellabarra.com/
- Phone: 3233014001x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 11:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 12:00am
Saturday 9:00 am - 12:00am
Sunday 9:00 am - 11:00pm
Valet offered Thursday - Saturday 6:00pm - 11:30pm - $7 with restaurant validation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jeff Mahin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have semi-private areas for group events at our restaurant. We offer family style group menus for parties of 10 guests or more. The restaurant is also available for partial and complete buyouts.
A word from Stella Barra Pizzeria
Stella Barra, an artisanal pizzeria highlighting Chef Jeff Mahin's knack for baking and utilizing fresh farmers market ingredients, located on Sunset Boulevard in the heart of Hollywood. In addition to Mahin’s signature pizzas, the menu boasts a selection of small plates, house salads and sandwiches as well as a daily Chef’s Plates menu featuring house-made pastas, crudos, simply prepared proteins and seasonal vegetables. Hand-crafted breakfast items, fresh pastries and a selection of breads to go are also available from a breakfast counter located in the front of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Stella Barra Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Stella Barra Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (39)good for groups (35)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (8)special occasion (6)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Will definitely be backDiningJessDined on 9/7/2014I highly recommend the gnocchi and the mushroom truffle pizza. The chocolate chip rice crispy treat cookie was amazing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisePainterly44VIPDined on 9/5/2014My partner and I went for a bite before a movie and were pleasantly surprised by a delicious menu and excellent service. We will definitely be back for more of their pizzas, their crust is made in house and is very good! And they deliver!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food arclight adjacentLoterialoverDined on 9/5/2014Great meatballs! Fantastic pizzas. Order the thin sin.Special Features:
- Hollywood Go-torichardDined on 9/1/2014This is a great spot for inventive salads and thin crust pizzas. Good wines by the glass as well as decent beer selections. As always, parking in Hollywood is tricky, but one can usually snag a spot on Ivar Street.Special Features:
- GREAT........................RodsterDined on 8/23/2014We had another LOVELY dinner.....always GREAT food and GREAT atmosphere....Special Features:
- STELLAAAAA!MickiDined on 8/19/2014This place has skyrocketed to my favorite pizza joint in the area. The drinks here are good (some cool beers available here) and the appetizers are really good. But the pizza is what takes the cake. Their breakfast pizza is unique (chilaquiles on pizza, who knew?) and the regular pizzas are amazing (the spinach-kale is by far my favorite). Definitely recommending this place.Special Features:
- elisereineDined on 8/16/2014Hostess seated my husband and I in the very back next to the kitchen (terrible table) and our salad arrived before our drinks did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, delicious food!FoodIsGoodDined on 8/9/2014Amazing butternut squash pizza. My friend and I were still talking about it the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLanceDined on 8/8/2014The food is delicious, the staff is friendly and attentive, the decor is nice... they really do a wonderful job. It is one of my favorite nice-casual spots in LA to dine. Looking forward to my next visit.
- uceeDined on 8/4/2014Early dinner before a movie. Reservations for two. Seated immediately. Waiter was friendly and professional. Started with charcuterie plate which was tasty. Beer from the tap tasted stale. Waiter happily replaced it with a bottled beer. Much better. Shared the margherita pizza. Decent crust, but otherwise quite flavorless. Might try again for a quick bite before a show, but won't be expecting much if we do.Special Features:
- Perfect for after a movieTerraFirmaDined on 8/2/2014We've seen restaurants come and go in this spot near the Arclight in Hollywood. Stella Barra seems to have hit it right. Friendly service, good pizzas, a few good veggie dishes and a big open space makes this a fun casual dining place. It is mainly all pizza, but if you don't feel like that, brussels sprouts and the meatball sides make a nice little meal. I also liked the cauliflower but left off the jalapeno pesto since I am not a fan of hot. We generally do half and half on the pizza, wish we had with the Fennel one. It is good, but the whole pizza with fennel got to be a bit much. Our favorite are all the cookies you can choose for dessert, including the rice krispy treats! The apple oatmeal cookie reminds us of a apple crisp.Special Features:
- Date sceneBoyJohnnyBoyDined on 7/29/2014This place is great for a date. I come for a classic beers and pizza date. The entrees are great tasting too. Brussels sprouts were super yum!Special Features:
- Great!viviDined on 7/22/2014Pizzas are great here! Make sure you also get a cookie for dessert!
- good spot for ArclightarnoldVIPDined on 7/19/2014Our table by entrance and loud at 8 PM Saturday night. Sirens crowd and car noise. Food was okay. Over seasoned as if everyone was a bit drunk or a smoker with dulled taste buds. Just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much ImprovedMarinaCatVIPDined on 7/19/2014Stella Barra finally revamped their menu to make it more robust and they have added more veggies to the menu - a plus for my non-meat eating friends. We asked for our three dishes to come out at the same time but that didn't happen - we ordered veggie dishes...not sure why they could not timed that out right. The food quality has definitely improved and this place is now back on the list of restaurants I will visit after having fallen off for a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find In HollywoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Booked reservations before the Pantages show. Walked in and our table was ready. No waiting. Great atmosphere. Fantastic cocktails. I had a Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. Refreshing gin and blackberry drink. We had a chopped salads which we shared, and a smoked bacon and goat cheese pizza, a margarita pizza, the antipasto plate, wonderful bread, . Probably the best pizza I've had in a very long time. We also ordered the roasted cauliflower. Wow!!! There were 5 of us and we were all in agreement. Fantantastic!!! The server was polite, attentive. Just an all around great dining experience. We have season tickets to the Pantages. This is our NEW PLACE for dinner before the show.Special Features:
- YUM!entertainerDined on 7/12/2014Burrata, salad, butternut squash pizza, glass of wine. Done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/11/2014Had some appetizers before a movie. We thought the cauliflower could have used more sauce and thought the calamari was a little dry with an aioli sauce that that was a little too thick. Both were okay but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as it Usually isgskaVIPDined on 7/5/2014This time one pizza was undercooked and the other two were overcooked. They were still good, but they are usually better. We will still come back, though since it is our favorite Hollywood Pizza
- FSUJennVIPDined on 7/3/2014The pizza was good but pricey and I didn't feel worth the cost. I was expecting a bit crispier crust. Service was pretty awesome though and Happy Hour was nice!
- Grandma2tenDined on 6/20/2014Stella Barra was great. The food was excellent and the we had a great time.Special Features:
- Great food, drinks, and service!reviewerVIPDined on 6/18/2014I was in Los Angeles recently and needed to find a place for dinner on the fly. Opentable told me that Stella Barra was close by, and I decided to give it a whirl. From the moment I arrived with my friend, the service was impeccable. I also really liked the décor, and I was told that the music playlist that I kept grabbing songs from was the owner's own. We took our time, and despite the fact we arrived for a fairly late seating, we were never rushed in the slightest. I had two cocktails, both of which were well-crafted, and my companion had a glass of red which paired perfectly with our pizza. The food, both entrée and dessert, was delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014great food. We had the brussel sprouts, a couple pizzas, and the oatmeal apple cookie. It was all fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent choice before our movieGeorgeVIPDined on 6/16/2014Visiting from the SF bay area, we found this place on Yelp after reserving seats for a movie at ArcLight. Couldn't have been happier. Fun atmosphere, awesome food, great service... wish we could go back often. We had the warm goat cheese appetizer and two pizzas. One was the cheese-less thin-crust (I can't recall the name) and the other was the butternut squash pizza. Sooooo good! We shared the chocolate / fleur de cel cookie, warmed. YummySpecial Features:
- Best pizza EVER!LoveOzDined on 6/10/2014We had the pepperoni pizza with a simple green salad and seriously....this was the most delicious pizza I've ever eaten. Our waitress Brittany was super cute and helpful. The cookie selection is most certainly worth consideration :) When next in LA I know where I'm eating!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar StellaSparkywdDined on 6/7/2014Delicious burrata and the pizza and crust were delicious. Tried both versions - the classic and the cracker thin - and loved them both. Great service, nice wine, and great value for a reasonable price. Came here prior to a show at the Pantages and they had us in and out easily.Special Features:
- Great pre-matinee lunch spotmgjazzVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went for lunch prior to Pantages matinee. Had great food, great service. Salad was fresh, full of flavor. Pizzas screamed with abundant flavor. Great pizza and salad lunch spot.Special Features:
- Steller Stella BarroItalianVIPDined on 5/31/2014We went the first time a few years ago - the restaurant was empty! But the food was really good. We have been three times since, and every time it is more crowded, and now hard to get a table. The food is simple, but really really good. Great for pre or post Arclight movies.Special Features:
- 2 Great VisitsJoshstyleDined on 5/24/2014Don't let the gourmet ingredients scare you away. I'm a slightly picky eater and upon my first visit, I had incredibly refreshing cocktails, pizza that didn't leave me feeling stuffed for hours, unique seasonings, and attentive service. My gf and I were fortunate to be able to walk right in and leave just in time to see our movie at Arclight. I made a reservation online and invited 3 out of town friends (NYC and Norway) who raved about it as much as we did. One pizza easily makes two people feel satisfied. They can divide the pizza up with half and half sauces. Our waiter went out of his way to make it a great experience. I will most likely book reservations before a movie because it leads to an incredibly fun and hassle free night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Stella Barra Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Pizza reinventiedcheweyVIPDined on 5/17/2014I love pizza. It's a guilty pleasure for me and for my whole family. After a ridiculous, loud, summer blockbuster at the Arclight we head straight for Stella Barra and it does not disappoint. The service is super friendly, the tables are comfortable, drinks and wine are great, BUT the pizza is outstanding. The thin crust is crispy and the toppings are fresh and original. The menu is limited, but what few items they have, are delicious. The brussel sprouts are crispy and savory. My ten year old boy loved the pepperoni and the fact that the chairs are all different. It's nice and energetic, TV's blasting baseball, tourists, and locals all enjoying a family friendly fun night of carb loading that is totally and completely worth every calorie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good thin crust, needs seasoningJenGBDined on 5/17/2014My friend and I had lunch here before our matinee at the Pantages. We split a salad and a margarita pizza. Loved the crisy thin crust, but overall the pizza lacked flavor. The sauce seemed to be plain tomato sauce. There were a total of 6 basil leaves on top (for 8 slices) and the entire thing needed seasoning. Our salad was better - arugula, kale and dates with a tiny bit of parm cheese. I had to ask for a refill on my ice tea when our service lost some interest in us after getting a second table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but not for the familyBlueniytDined on 5/15/2014We got to a screening early at the theaters next door and Pizza sounded good. They were very nice, but this is not a place to take kids, the waitresses were dressed scantily, and not dressed for serving a client. The food was good, but 3 personal sized pizza's for $70 was costly. The ambiance for the night was upbeat and fun. But this is really a place for young people over 21 to go on a date. If you don't care about how much you spend on a meal, and want to be trendy and self important, this is a good place for you. For us, it was not a good fit.
- YumBoyJohnnyBoyDined on 5/13/2014I recommend the roasted cauliflower for a starter. The hint of jalapeno with it has a pleasant kick to a normally boring vegetable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014The service was incredible. We had a party of 5 for a birthday dinner and we had great food, service and the vibe was very lively and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rivals Pizzeria MozzaRosmaVIPDined on 5/9/2014I think the title says it all. Also, $3 happy hour! What?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the shownaddllesDined on 5/4/2014We went here for dinner before we walked over to the Book of Mormon at the Pantages. We ordered the Margarita, Mushroom, Sausage and bacon and goat cheese pizza. My favorite were the Sausage and Bacon goat cheese. Food came out pretty quickly, the pizzas are delicious, and the crust is prob one of the best I've had, crispy and chewy on the inside. We also had the roasted brussel sprouts which were also yummy. They have a pretty good happy hour for drinks, I got a $5 wine. I was expecting the place to be pretty loud, but it was actually pretty laid back, great for a group to share a few pizzas. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- AMAZEBALLS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Came here after the seeing Book of MOrmon and it was incredible! The food and service are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & fun!MonicaVIPDined on 5/2/2014Pizza was amazing (crust is so good!!), service was friendly & atmosphere was fun! My drink (honey badger) wasn't fantastic but fine. Overall, great! Hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaubuntuDined on 4/25/2014The Pizza is awesome and my personal preference is their regular crust vs. thin crust.Special Features:
- great food, great environment!animsteveVIPDined on 4/19/2014perfect addition to the neighborhood and quickly has become a 'regular' for usSpecial Features: