6415 Dixie Highway
Florence, KY 41042Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.steinhausrestaurant.com/home.htm
- Phone: 8593713000x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday
Lunch 11:30-2 Dinner 4:30-10
Sunday Holidays Brunch (Easter, Mother's Day etc.)
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, German, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Marcus Repp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Steinhaus does offer off site catering to your planned event. Please call Chef Marcus Repp to arrange a consultation for your event needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private banquet room, The Rhine Room, is dressed in sophistication for your casual or formal affair. We offer two 70" flat screens that are Wi-Fi synced and a microphone/speaker system to enhance your corporate or social gathering. We will accommodate up to 100 people for Breakfast, Lunch, Classroom, Dinner or Cocktail / Hors D'oeuvres event with the appropriate seating arrangement and our polished service. Your food items may be chosen from the array of banquet menus or you may create a custom menu with the assistance of our Executive Chef Marcus Repp. Whatever your occasion, we will certainly make it an affair that you will long remember.
- Private Party Contact: Detlef Koeppe 8593713000x
- Entertainment: Oktoberfest 2014 Oct 10 & 11 Friday and Saturday Dinner
Festivities begin at 6:00pm
Keg Tapping by Local 12 News Anchor Sheila Gray
Live Music DJ'd by Gerbhard Erler
and of course BEER!
- Special Events: Stein Club Events
Wine Dinner Events
A word from Steinhaus Restaurant
Steinhaus Restaurant serves fresh, local and world inspired cuisine in an atmosphere of casual elegance with a focus on warm and friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steinhaus Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Great food. Reasonable prices for the quality. These guys really care. Nice atmosphere inside. Excellent German beer selection.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014We were greeted at the door by the owner. I had mentioned when I made our reservation that it was our 10th wedding anniversary . She proceeded to give us a tour of the place and introduced us to the chef and seated us at the Owners Table. Everything was wonderful, from the nice German beer selection,to the decor and of course the food. Some of the best authentic German cuisine I've had the pleasure of sampling. The staff were all very attentive and stopped by to wish us a happy anniversary and make sure our needs were met. Over all a great not out and we will defiantly be back!!!Special Features:
- Great food beer and art.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Hidden just south of the Ohio River is my favorite restaurant . It reminds me of dinners at my german immigrant grandmothers house. Truly needs to be given a chance. I bet if you do you'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Terrible service - very slow. 90 min to get food for party of 6. Two notable menu items not available and menu specials on Open Table link not available for 1+ year.
- Friday nightbirthdayniteDined on 9/26/2014Had reservations for 4 at 7p. When we got there we were immediately told that service was going to be slow, and asked for our patience. It was apparent that they were understaff for a Friday night. We waited 20 minutes before a waitress came over to ask for our drink order. I will say, though, the waitress did apologize for the long wait. Food took a long time after we ordered (25 minutes). Overall the food was excellent. Hesitant to come back though since it there service was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Entering Steinhaus happy to see how well they had transformed the old McHale's grocery into a restaurant. While I had reservations through OT, I was not able to get the time I wanted so I expected a full house. It was not a full house and I could see no reason why the time I wanted would not have been available. Food at our table got mixed reviews. The rouladen got good reviews from both of those at my table ordered it. Both thought it was very good. However, the pork schnitzel was not good. The breading seemed "shake and bake;" not what you'd expect in a German restaurant. The schnitzel was dry and flavorless. The service was terrible. The waiter was not available during the meal. He never asked about the meal or if we needed anything.
- Outstanding food.BulldogDined on 9/24/2014The best German food I have ever had. Just great food. Service and ambiance were good but the food is what I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic German Cusine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our group of six really enjoyed the Steinhaus restaurant. The food was very authentic German, with many favorites prepared by Chef Marcus. We know the food was authentic German because we had a German foreign exchange student among our group who was very excited and very happy to enjoy the food at Steinhaus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will probably try lunch nextjahafmDined on 9/20/2014I recently visited this restaurant and found the food to be great and the service excellent. I found the potato pancakes a bit dry and would not order them again however. I think an addition of german rye bread would be a very nice change. This is meant to be a constructive suggestion. Thanks for having us. Jack & Harriet.Special Features:
- great food and beer and atmospheresatisfiedDined on 9/12/2014I took my family of four and my father for dinner. I was expecting great food and that is what was delivered. A bonus was the cold German beer in a warm glass really brought out the flavor. I was really impressed with the cleaniness and warm atmosphere. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you love great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wunderbar!DebbieDined on 9/10/2014I was meeting a business colleague who had a layover at CVG. I chose Steinhaus because it was conveniently less than 15 minutes from the airport and it was not a chain restaurant. In addition, it highlighted the German heritage of Cincinnati - perfect for entertaining an out-of-town guest. What a surprise the restaurant turned out to be! It was a gem. The food was plentiful and good, the service attentive, the atmosphere fun, and the owners welcoming. I think it would also be a great family place or a wonderful gathering spot for friends. Try the appetizer board of German meats and cheeses. Very wonderful! I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Cincinnati German visitorsRalphDined on 8/29/2014The food was good, the chef was very disorganized,we received our food in 10 minute shifts. The selection is not as good as before, more vegetarian selections is good. The quirks will get worked out. Service was good. WE will be back but the chef must get organized or customers will not come back. We are loyal so will return. The owner made it right and gave us a free visit. Maybe two chefs would be helpful to ease up the pressure on one. We are thrilled that they are open again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Steinhaus Restaurant reviews archive.
- With regretrivercat17Dined on 4/26/2014We had eaten here before. It was wonderful.This time we took friends. This review is painful to give. It took 4 choices of wine before they had it. It is a German restaurant without-veal,red cabbage, several of the listed vegetables on the menu;and to end the night with a cappuccino-they were out of that also. The service was good, the restaurant is fantastic, manager did all she could to help us. We asked "what has happened?" and where are the owners-they were gone for the weekend.Food was good but we didn't have a chance to order what any of us wanted-We kept hearing "I am sorry but we don't have that." We will give it one more chance as all who were there did their very best. As I said at the beginning - this was painful to write.
- DisappointmentchucknburlingtonDined on 4/26/2014I recommended to friends we try this restaurant. The ambience is nice. After studying the menu & getting recommendations from the waitress, we ordered our selections. After placing our orders, approximately 5-10 minutes later, the waitress returned to announce they were out of my selection & my friend's selection(different). She advised we needed to order something else. This was a Saturday evening and you'd think they would be able to satisfy whatever was ordered. The restaurant was not crowded or too busy. I'm not sure what the story is here! I ordered another entrée and it was tasty; however, the sauerkraut served with the entrée was somewhat dry & not at all what I expected. We will not return.
- OK but not greatbcburnDined on 4/25/2014Atmosphere and decor seemed to have an Asian feel rather than German. The service was not what was expected - even for an average restaurant. The appetizer, soup/salad course and entree were all brought with 7-10 min of each other so we had it all on the table at once. The food was OK but not great. The butter that came with the bread was amazing. The bread seemed more French than German. The restaurant was very clean and the hostess was very sweet. Overall a 2.5 out of 5 but doubtful I'd be back.
- Knocked outta da parkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014This has become our favorite spot for special occasions. The food is absolutely wonderful. And you have to try the desserts.Special Features:
- Steinhouse 4-2-14PaddyGDined on 4/2/2014The food was OK. I ordered the stuffed pork tenderloin with bacon but there was very little stuffing and no bacon. The portion could have been larger for the price, $23. The beer could have been colder. The brussel sprouts were good. There were no pepper shakers on the table. The waiter had to get a pepper grinder.
- excellentkymomDined on 3/28/2014Lovely food and atmosphere. Not a budget-friendly meal but definitely worth the splurge. Be prepared to take your time: this is not a quickie meal. I'd make recommendations for entree's but I'd never get the spelling correct. We've been twice in the past month and enjoyed everything. Experiment with the sides. Unlike most restaurants, Steinhaus has some really great & unusual options. Highly recommend you give this place a try. Oh! I know it sounds odd, but make sure you use the restroom while you've there: my husband, especially, gets a great deal of amusement out of it. It's unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!lindseybpDined on 3/21/2014My wife and I had a rare night out without the kids and heard good things about the Steinhaus. It was even better than we expected! The German food is, without a doubt, the best we have had outside of actually being in Germany. It is true authentic German food made in house and you can tell. Everything done perfectly and seasoned just right. The service we had from Maria was some of the best service we have ever had. We were blown away by her knowledge of the food and German food in general. She walked us through selecting a wonderful german beer and also helped us with our food selection. Maria really did go above and beyond, just can't say enough good things about her. What a gem. Overall HIGHLY recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steinhaus is Great!SteinhausDined on 3/21/2014I had a great experience at Steinhaus--great food, fantastic service, and a wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss the OpportunityLocalsDined on 3/8/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Northern Kentucky by a mile. The owners take care to ensure their guests always feel welcomed and appreciated. The food is exceptional and the staff is top notch. The German beer is wonderful. If you are looking for a truly delicious meal in a wonderful environment, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few issues but overall okayfamilygroupDined on 3/4/2014Dined on a weeknight with a family group. Service was very good and two special meal requests were generously honored, but the kitchen had food timing issues. Half of the meals were brought out; 5 minutes later, another few meals; 10 minutes later, the last meal (and it was for the person who paid the bill). Two meals were lukewarm at best. Considering that the restaurant was not remotely full, I expected better quality of food. The facility is beautifully remodeled and can accomodate very large groups. I recommend that the management seriously work on the timing issues. It is a unique restaurant and has great potential - I hope our service was the exception and not the rule.Special Features:
- Cincinnati's new German restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Since the closing of the Black Forest and Lenhardts our city has been devoid of a good German restaurant. No longer is this the case. Steinhaus has a wonderful selection of beers, decent wine list and wonderful food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationnavywifeDined on 2/27/2014Great food, great service! A perfect meal to celebrate my husband's birthday. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all. I recommend the roulladen. Restaurant was child friendly & nice adult getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CarlDined on 2/22/2014Was in Cincy for the day with friends; found Steinhaus on line & decided to give it a try. Man are we glad we did! Excellent food & service; I will make the 3 hour round trip drive again just for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMillieBDined on 2/22/2014What a hidden gem located in Erlanger, KY. Surprised my husband with dinner reservations to celebrate our anniversary. From the outside you would never know what awaits you when you walk in. After a clumsy seating by the hostess, we were immediately attended to by our waitress. She was very helpful and knowledgeable; answered all our questions that were swirling in our heads about the menu. She made excellent recommendations from drinks to dessert. The food was absolutely delicious. I was able to substitute sides to accommodate my diet needs. We plan to return and bring family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJeffDined on 2/15/2014We've been to the Steinhaus before and the food is outstanding. My wife is German so this is a real treat for her to have some of her native food. The meal was prepared perfectly and tasted wonderful. Our waiter was slow getting to us at first (15 min. before we could order the wine), but he came around and did a good job. I would recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- Our Favorite local restaurantLocalsDined on 2/15/2014The Steinhaus is truly a local gem. This restaurant is owned by a German gentleman and his wife who are almost always on site. The owner will come to you table and discuss the menu, how the prepare the food, Germany, etc. He is a truly welcoming figure. The food is absolutely delicious. My husband and I are trying to sample everything on the menu and haven't had a poor meal yet. Every time we eat there we can't wait to return to try something else. These family owned restaurants should be patronized. I hate to see great restaurants struggle because the word hasn't gotten out. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful German FoodHarpGirl710Dined on 2/14/2014Sometimes I just have to have real German food. I'd heard great things about Steinhaus, so we decided to dine there on Valentine's Day. It was also our 20th wedding anniversary. We braved a snowstorm and headed out. It was well worth the trip! The stuffed pork loin was tender and smoky, and the bread dumplings were the perfect accompaniment. But maybe my favorite were the Brussels sprouts. They were flavorful, cooked slightly al dente with just the right amount of char on the edges. The apple strudel was perfect. Just like I've had in Munich. The service was great, and the owner came around to make sure everything was to our liking. We for sure will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine Day's DinnerKentuckyNewComerDined on 2/14/2014First time at Steinhaus and enjoyed the four course Valentine Day dinner and dessert. Started with small potato pancakes that were pretty good. The soup was very good as was the salmon in a puff pastry. The dessert was exceptional. Three chocolate disks separated by sponge cake, Bavarian crime and sliced strawberries. The server and other wait staff were attentive without being overbearing. Will certainly visit again.Special Features:
- Great Food/Great Servicedme917Dined on 2/13/2014As always, the food was delicious! Well prepared and we presented! The staff is very friendly. The children's menu accomidates the tastes for all little one, from German to the typical "American" meals. There is something for everyone on the menu. A" must go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningNancyDined on 2/7/2014This was our second visit to the Steinhaus and it was again very enjoyable. Our server was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't believe I never ateAnnaLDined on 2/7/2014I can't believe I never ate there before! I have lived in this area for 10 yrs. I took my mother in law here for her wedding anniversary, from the moment we walked in we were pleasently surprised. The decor, the staff, and Omg the food! We will defiantly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class German RestaurantnonameVIPDined on 1/29/2014We highly recommend this German Restaurant for excellent cuisine and good service. If you like German food this is where you want to go. It's first class but casual, comfortable and very attractively decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic German FoodMommaJDined on 1/25/2014Having lived in Germany for 3 1/2 years with the American Military, we found the restaurant to have truly authentic German food. The sampler platter was outstanding, and the roast chicken just like what we had in Germany. Even the brussel sprouts were good! The cream puff could have come straight from Bavaria. The only thing not German was the lava cake option for dessert -- but it looked delicous! All of our food was well prepared and served hot. The beer was smooth and one of the best I've ever had. Our waiter was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable about the menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outKYENDined on 1/16/2014Food and service were excellent. Authentic German cuisine with options for vegetarians. Interior of restaurant is beautiful and unique.Special Features:
- Authentic german CuisineGaryDined on 1/16/2014Being from Germany, I am always a bit leery of trying to get the taste of home here in Cincinnati. Most places quickly miss the mark with their "Americanized" German menus that really have no relation to home, however, Steinhaus is an exception. The food, especially the meat, had that flavor you find in Germany. I had the Jager Schnitzel and my wife had the Wurst Platter, both were exceptional. The sides were good, but I would preferred pan fried potatoes instead of what seemed liked deep fried potato slices. Again good sides, but could have been better. Our friends had the Wiener Schnitzel and the tasting platter, which included Sauerbraten and Roladen. I tried the Sauerbraten and it tasted just like home. Try this place. PrositSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the PricefoursomeDined on 1/14/2014We dined on a Tuesday and there were very few people there. The Appetizer was good but the main meals were not. They seemed to be left overs from the night before. The red cabbage was certainly re-heated and was not good at all. The schnitzel was very overcooked as if it had been cooked once then re-cooked the next night. The coating was hard and the meat was dry & difficult to even swallow. The baked chicken was OK. We have been to this restaurant before on busy nights and the food was much better. The food we had was either over cooked or re-heated from the day before. It's a pricy restaurant and I think customers deserve freshly cooked food. The beer selection is good. And we had an excellent server.
- family lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014I took my grandparents here whe they were visitibg ftim europe. I wanted to go somewvere that was new to me but that they would enjoy. I coudnt believe it when we walked in and they all werespeaking in german to my grandfather ( who does not speak english) it was such a great expierence. and the food was amazing. authentic german food. I have already recommeneded everyone I have spoken with since we left the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family dinnerCowboys2013VIPDined on 12/31/2013the food was wonderful, the service was superior. Even had the owners come to our table and ask us how everything was. Felt like we were special.Special Features: