10543 W. Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steingartenla.com/
- Phone: 3104410441
- Hours of Operation:
GROUP RESERVATION DIRECT 310-901-5989
Brunch Saturday and Sunday 11am - 3pm
Sunday 12 pm-11:00pm
Monday 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Tuesday- Wednesday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 1:00am;
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm and also late Happy Hour
Friday to Sunday 10:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact : Director of operation, Abbey at 310-901-5989 for group and event reservation.. watch our facility at www.steingartenla.com Ask for fixed menu for your event to match your budget. We can accommodate as many as 150 guests in Steingarten L.A.
- Entertainment: Brought in by guest
- Special Events: Any party up to 60 or possible buy out for day or night.
- Cross Street: Beverly Glen and Overland GROUP RESERVATION 3109015989
- Public Transit: Bus on Pico Blvd. Close to Freeway 10 exit Overland
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking and public lot are available. Please for additional parking go on Prosser Ave for City parking and more parking after 5:00pm across on paint shop lot. More Parking On Patricia Ave to the East of the Steingarten L.A
A word from Steingarten LA
Steingarten LA is a California-inspired beer garden that combines the old country feel of München and the contemporary flare of Los Angeles. Offering over 20 variations of sausages, from salmon and elk to wild boar and bison, Steingarten prides itself on their exotic selection. The Small Bites Menu changes frequently and offers uniquely crafted recipes that present an array of fresh and sophisticated dishes. The burgers are all natural, grass fed, no hormones, no antibiotics and made out of ground sirloin steak.True to its name, Steingarten offers an array of 70 beer selections, with an extensive bottled beer collection and 20 rotating craft beers. Full bar.Dark wood, fireplaces, a retractable dining-room ceiling and a quaint private patio make up the ambiance, where diners can sit at traditional communal tables or opt for a more private experience at the individual ones. Please ask for catering services at your venue. Call Abbey at 310-901-5989. Thank youContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steingarten LA reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Uber cute German ResturantflurdilolaDined on 8/30/2014I've been to this restaurant three times now and it is quickly becoming a favorite place of mine. It has great German food along with other favorites to order. The Beer list is very defined with a vast selection. The service was great and a wonderfully friendly staff. Has a wonderful outside back patio seating and a fire pit for more romantic setting. The website is easy to review and the free reservation selection is incredibly helpful since I have gone now with two big groups. I would recommend this location to anyone with a few friends, a date or just a small lunch.Special Features:
- Great food, Great staffSYDinLADined on 7/13/2014We went to Steingarten LA to watch the World Cup final. We were a group of 8 people. The ambiance was great-the place was filled with energetic soccer fans. Regardless of the large crowd, the staff was attentive and helpful. One thing that stood out on the menu was their Vegas sausages. I tried one and it was so delicious! Didn't taste vegan at all! Highly recommend you try one of the 3 choices. They have a large beer selection as well. Great place, I will be back.Special Features:
- Great beer good foodlittlegDined on 7/9/2014Steingarten is a nice little neighborhood place with amazing rotating and fixed beer menus, thorough whiskey offerings, and an interesting cocktail menu that I have never sampled because the beer options are just too good to pass up. Their grass-fed yet reasonably priced burgers are juicy and really tasty. I had two of their sausages, lamb (great) and elk (meh) and the rolls they come on are delicious. A lot of sausage selections ranging from familiar (all beef kosher) to exotic (alligator, game). The ambiance is really special, indoor are communal tables and a cozy atmosphere, and the outdoor patio is beautiful with ample seating and a nice fireplace you can sit around. Highly recommended for a casual dinner in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Awesome food, rough serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014This was a really great place to eat but it took a while to get served.
- The following 221 reviews are from the Steingarten LA reviews archive.
- Very Tasty!bbucklesDined on 5/18/2014Every time I've gone to Steingarten, it's been a pleasant experience. The food, service, and ambience are excellent. A casual dining experience that must be tried for well made burgers, sausages, sides, and unique beer list. I must add that on my last visit I tried their chicken wings.... I must go again soon to order those again! The well-seasoned abundant sauce, the crunchy skin, and tender meat....oh so good & very original tasting! This last visit, we were a party of 7 and everyone was pleased and very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Came here with six people to celebrate a law school graduation. Everything was wonderful--appetizers, drinks and food. I especially liked the fact that we could make a reservation between 6 and 8 pm. We also loved the staff. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day at SteingartenMaryannDined on 5/11/2014The food was delicious and served hot! The wait staff was friendly and attentive. The red roses were beautiful and appretiated for Mother's Day. We were there early and so it was quiet and easy to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and choices of beerNixonaDined on 4/5/2014This place is bar-none one of the best restaurants I have ever been too. It had delicious food, excellent service, ambiance that was fun, yet romantic or great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service by Nat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014Excellent Service by Nat. She's lovely and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steingarten LA was a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Steingarten LA was a pleasant experience. They had an extensive whiskey and beer menu. The food was delicious and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Beer & Sausage Place in LAArtGalleryGoerVIPDined on 2/25/2014Steingarten LA is an amazing find for foodies who appreciate attention to detail. The homemade mustards and curried catsup are so flavorful and the sausages are as delicious as they are varied. Be sure to have your Bratwurst or or other sausage on a homemade pretzel roll. The selection of beers, ales and other brews is exceptional - probably the largest in Los Angeles. Next time you are at the Landmark Theatre or Westside Pavilion on Pico, be sure to stop by Steingarten for a tasty and satisfying snack or meal. I brought my foodie gal pals there for the first time and they loved the beet salad, cole slaw and sweet potato fries as much as the beer and sausages, too. Melissa PSpecial Features:
- Absolutely Awesome!FP2626Dined on 2/12/2014Everything on the menu is super tasty and flavorful, fresh, and super exciting! What you eat at Steingarten is unlike anything that you can find any place else!!! One of my favorite restaurants, especially when I am craving a big juicy tasty burger or some really mouth watering exotic sausages!!! Cool place to go with friends or co-workers.Special Features:
- This is a local spot for meTomBVIPDined on 1/25/2014This is a local spot for me and it's very comfortable. It can get loud but generally there are corner tables that are very comfy. I love the outdoor patio and fie pit. The servers are very sweet and accommodating and the bar is ample, especially for beer lovers. There ae plenty of tasty options.Special Features:
- A great place to relax and imbiberevertoDined on 1/24/2014I can't comment on the wine list. I'm sure it's great, like everthing else at Steingarten. But I go there for the always great, always changing beer menu. They've always got sours, my wife's beer of choice, and since I like to keep her happy, a bar with sour beer in hand is quickly becoming how I determine a place knows their stuff. Overall Steingarten concentrates on local, Belgian and German beers, and the cocktails are great too. With quality mixology there can sometimes be a wait, but there's no other place I enjoy spending time at, so I'm not in a rush. My wife and I are always impressed with the genuinely nice waitstaff. The new late night happy hour is welcome. I hope to be over to our favorite place more often.Special Features:
- Great FindFoodieGiantVIPDined on 1/18/2014Went here for lunch on a Saturday. I have heard of it but never been. So glad I went. The beer list is very extensive. The sausages are very good (I recommend getting the 3 option). The nachos are very good, using potato discs instead of corn chips. Flavors were very good and our server Erik was very good. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Great West LA FindwarbreakerVIPDined on 1/11/2014By far, my favorite German restaurant. They have have a WIDE variety of delicious sausages and imported beers and their homemade mustards are the best in town. Definitely one of my favorite local spots.Special Features:
- Great!charmDined on 12/31/2013Burger and sweet potato fries and ur fave brew! Perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG the Beer!cmcdwhDined on 12/27/2013Found Steingarten on Open Table when looking for a convenient place for 7diners of 3 generations. Wow, did we luck out! Early dinner (for the elders), place was very quiet. Food excellent: turkey burgers, sliders, amazing sausages, warm pretzels, incredible red cabbage slaw and great fries. Beer menu knocked our socks off, though: really sophisticated and comprehensive. Great Belgian selection, some hard-to-find draft choices (like a German grut bier, if that's what it was). Didn't discover the bar until we were leaving: eyes drawn by lineup of a dozen different bitters and jars of garnishes. Missed the chance to try some very elaborate concoctions featuring ingredients like velvet falernum, yellow chartreuse, and Thai basil.Special Features:
- Great Dinner Spot!IrmeeVIPDined on 12/13/2013My family and I come here often on Friday nights for dinner. The food and drinks are always delicious, even if it is a tad bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2013We celebrated 4 Birthdays on a Sunday and did the Brunch at the Steingarten. The menu choices are a bit slim, specially the starters on the brunch menue but the food was very good. The Bloody Mary needs a little work - to watery and looks like a very sad drink. Service was a bit slow but we might come back and try dinner.Special Features:
- Good food and beertrustAskinnyChefDined on 11/16/2013I was surprised this place wasn't more busy! They were very accommodating of our large group on a Saturday night. There's a variety of German-inspired food as well as some classed-up versions of others like chicken & waffles. The beer selection is excellent, especially if you enjoy German and Belgian styles, but there were plenty of American beers. Not a place for Bud Light drinkers. Has a back outdoor patio with a fire pit thing. They also had two large tables indoors in the style of biergartens. Nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner TheaterHeavenSent2UDined on 10/26/2013this is my first time at this restaurant. I made the reservation because friends and I are going to the theater across the street. We made an early reservation so that we could be at the theater by 7:30PM. when we first got there crowd was very light. However it did pick up as we went along. The atmosphere was wonderful. Not too dark but a cozy atmosphere. The food was wonderful. The portion size large. Even though I got an appetizerI was full. The drink menu was extensive. the patio was welL lit, well hheated, and he perfect opportunity to talk to someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly TastyFP26Dined on 10/17/2013This place gets better and better each time I visit. The burgers are out of this world, both their beef burger and their very tasty turkey burger!! The venison sausage and the bison sausage were amazing! They also have amazing salads! Beers are top notch and cocktails are truly unique. This is a great place to go when you are tired of the ordinary and want to experience truly tasty food!!! Our waitress Natalia was truly a gem; you don't find like her any place else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sausage in a bunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2013What more could you want? Sausages, beer and good company. Love this place!Special Features:
- could be so much more...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2013We decided to meet here before the play at the Pico Playhouse... the beer selection was okay but a bit pricey. Food is okay but took a long time to arrive. the area in the back is great but seems to be not used.. and basically became an area where kids run amok. It's a great space... but something is not clicking.. and there are too few servers... it gave me a feeling like the place is going to close down at some point.
- Vegetarian FriendlyCocoDined on 9/25/2013I don't eat meat but I do love beer so my other half and I decided to finally check out this restaurant. I figured worst case I could eat a big soft pretzel while drinking beer. Much to my delight they have quite a few vegetarian options. We split a vegan sausage (the italian one - they actually have 3 different vegan sausage options!) on a pretzel bun. It was really good and as a former sausage lover I felt like I got a long overdue "fix". We also had the beet salad which was delicious. Get the big one, it is that good. Finally we had the parmesan fries. They were tasty but I will warn you, there are a LOT. I will go back next time I get a sausage craving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close, yet so farBeerNSausageDined on 8/24/2013This was not my first time to Steingarten LA. It may have been my last. I organized a group of 10 people to come here for an early dinner on Saturday, following another outing. We were one of two tables of customers at the time. It was pretty shocking how rarely our server checked in with us, how many drinks were ordered and never arrived (and a few were still billed), and how long it took to bring out our food (which came very staggered among the group). This was 5:30pm, long before the usual dinner rush, and there were only about 14 people in the entire establishment, including our group of 10. And food was only OK this time. I generally don't like giving negative reviews, but we really were pretty let-down by the experience.
- First Visit Will Be LastOutlierBabeDined on 8/13/2013An endless wait for our meals; guests at only two other tables. Menus never removed from table. Salad greens hand-picked for complete lack of flavor; dressings to match. My vegan sausage so dry it was astringent; my friend's grilled chicken cooked until the slices resembled cotton apron-strings. To cap off the meal, a wait so long for the check, we had to leave the table to hunt for our waitress: the restaurant owner's wife. The owner was in the dining room through our meal but never spared our table a glance. Was there nothing positive? Yes. Subtle, smokey goat cheese and soft, sweet walnut halves tucked within my sad, sad salad. Creamy mustard provided to try to mask the flavor and texture of my sawdust sausage. Much appreciated!
- not a decent for pricingRedFireVIPDined on 8/11/2013I was here twice because of an accidental group-on purchase...okay but, greasy and expensive..i am a new york foodie...$13 burgers should be more perfectSpecial Features:
- Good beer selection.PointhoarderVIPDined on 8/11/2013Enjoyed the beers but they were out of several of them on the day we were there. Sausage platter was a good option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go to WurstKucheMelBelleDined on 8/9/2013The food was good but nothing special or unique. they ran out of several items we wanted. The service was unremarkable, sometimes bad (we waited a long time for water!). Overall just not worth it. I could only see myself going back if it was very convenient (I.e. it was within a 5 min walk of my home).Special Features:
- Crazy burgers and sausages!JeremyVIPDined on 8/6/2013If you're a fan of burgers, this place has crazy-good ones. The sausage menu is definitely worth a visit as well. The only thing I would caution on is that it took quite a while for the food to be prepared, so it's not my favorite choice for lunch when I need to get back to the office.Special Features:
- They just started servingradmanVIPDined on 7/28/2013They just started serving brunch, and it's still a work in progress. Coffee ordinary. But the breakfast items we tried were very good. Took a little too long to get to us, but very tasty and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome new brunch. PancakesTomBVIPDined on 7/28/2013Awesome new brunch. Pancakes were amazing - European flavor with walnuts. Also a great omlette combo. Vanessa and Colette are delightful servers. Lucky to have this in the neighborhood. Those who are waiting or can't get a table at John O'Groats across Pico should consider this for brunch on weekends.Special Features:
- Thank you so muchHappyLadyVIPDined on 7/27/2013My fiancé and I had a wonderful time at our engagement party at Steingarten last weekend! Originally I was nervous as my party of 16 was growing by the minute, but the staff at Steingarten were amazing - even when 27 people showed up! They put us in a semi-private room at the front of the restaurant, and Natalia, our server, was nothing but EXCELLENT. Food was great, Raspberry Mojito's were the bomb, and the atmosphere had the perfect vibe of energy, restaurant, bar & privacy. Really hard combo to get I think! Thank you so so so much for making this special evening a total breeze for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly excellentlatelunchDined on 7/8/2013In a city full of beer gardens and german sausage houses popping up everywhere, this one holds true to its authenticity as far as flavor and quality of meat. The beer list is extensive and changes daily. The sausages are huge and delicious. Compared to places like Wurstküche where I used to always go, it's a much better value and better quality food. The environment is less beer tavern and more sit-down restaurant though, but that's fine.Special Features:
- too greasy and repetitiveRedFireVIPDined on 7/6/2013i enjoyed the location but the food was too greasy and i had to keep asking the server for what i wantedSpecial Features:
- Great VibeTripleOptionDined on 6/26/2013I met a group of friends after work. There were over a dozen of us but they had no qualms about splitting the checks. It wasn't too busy. It seemed like it would've been fine to take a date, go with friends, or just stop by for a drink. Some people there had young kids there. I wouldn't say it's at all kid friendly but it's not like they didn't belong there. Not a bad beer selection. Sausages are tasty but the more traditional ones are juicier than the wilder combinations listed on the menu. The place is pretty chill. Never felt self conscious about making too much noise. Didn't hear conversations from other groups. There aren't a ton of TVs or much else going on. Good place to go talk and laugh, not be "entertained."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer Garden in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013We only got happy hour food and drinks, but the the sausage was delicious . We paired our meal with $6 Old Fashions and a German Hefeweizen. HH is from 4-7 M-F. I would visit Steingarten again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bison Sausage is a Must!ChristinaDined on 6/5/2013We had lunch here on a Wednesday - it was empty, which seemed a bit odd. Otherwise, the food was very good (burger reviews were particularly strong from those in our group who had burgers for lunch). The bison sausge was fantastic. And the waiter made me a special beer and sprite. All in all - a good lunch.Special Features: