Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
5424 Steiner Ranch Blvd.
Austin, TX 78732Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.steinersteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (512) 381-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Keith Venables
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All of our wonderful items are available for catering at your next party, or just a get together with a few friends. Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: With seven different private dining facilities Steiner Ranch Steakhouse can accommodate groups from ten to two hundred. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Amee Geren 5123810800
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every night of the week on the Hill Top Stage weather permiting)
A word from Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse is a 14,000 sq ft restaurant built on a mountain over looking Lake Travis. We have three levels, four bars, and three outdoor dining areas with breath taking views. All steaks are hand selected Prime beef cuts, seasoned, broiled to order and topped with our house butter blend with caramlized shallots and chives. It is the perfect destination any night of the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (116)special occasion (97)great for outdoor dining (86)romantic (73)good for groups (57)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (35)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (26)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)great for lunch (6)Show More
- Fantastic!Gr8Food4MeVIPDined on 11/6/2014I've now been here several times, and it has consistently excellent. The food, the wine, the service...all impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our first brunch visit!SundaybrunchgoersDined on 11/2/2014Food and atmosphere was great! The price for brunch was excellent! We may become Sunday brunch regulars. Two thumbs up! One negative note, your outdoor hostess was not friendly. She seemed friendly towards those she knew and didn't say hello to other customers. The wait staff was awesome and on point! Always asking us if we were comfortable, did their job well. Unlike the hostess who appeared to only be concerned with making sure there was enough room for her to walk around. My advice, don't keep someone outside if they aren't being helpful.. hence, the very reason you put a hostess outside. The waitstaff and host/hostess are supposed to work as a team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice night out at the RanchSS7392Dined on 11/1/2014Service was excellent and food was very good.... my wife wished they had a drink menu.... like comp valetSpecial Features:
- Wonderful AmbianceWonderfulExperienceDined on 10/27/2014This is and always will be a great restaurant for romantic dinners, and large groups.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSundayFundayDined on 10/26/2014This was our first visit to Steiner Ranch Steakhouse and we both really enjoyed it. The covered patio has a panoramic view of Lake Travis and the guitarist/singer who was playing on the patio added to the ambience. Both the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous!CitymomDined on 10/25/2014This is one place that will never let you down! Service is outstanding, food is cooked to perfection, and ambiance could not be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had such a lovely time and loved our waiter! We have had the time of our lives!! Thank you so much!!!Special Features:
- Excellent meal - Awesome viewEnigmaPDXDined on 10/19/2014Although it may be slightly overpriced, I sat on the patio overlooking the sunset that was glorious. Our waitress for the evening was a little out of sync, brought the bread before the bread plates or any silverware. Getting my water glass refilled was a bit problematic, but it did occur. The major issue was sitting right next to the evenings performer was exceptionally loud, hard to hear the waitress and her me. The performer was very good an I did not mind the noise during the meal, was just a pain whilst trying to order. The meal was expertly prepared and I was warned up front, medium rare here is truly medium rare, if you do not like it red in the middle order medium. The sides of potatoes and beans were also very good.Special Features:
- Great Afternoon DiningRussDined on 10/19/2014It was very nice having Brunch on the open patio while listening to the live music. Staff was very attentive. This was our first time here but will not be the last. Thank you for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Awesome view during the day, beautiful sunsets, Kent Mayhew incredible entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at SteinerKdrnegatvDined on 10/19/2014This was my first time for brunch and was pleasantly surprised. The food was outstanding and presented well. Definitely coming back and would recommend to friends. Our waiter was excellent and very friendly. He made us fell welcome and had good laughs. Very entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Always a great place and so close to home! Food, service and music were all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night!CaroleDined on 10/18/2014We all enjoyed our experience. The food was fabulous as always! Our server was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Thank you for making it a great evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The prime rib had a lot of fat, I had the chicken fried elk which was good.Special Features:
- Great for special occasiongroovesocketDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant is great for celebrating special occasions. It is really pricey so it is not ideal as just a casual dining restaurant. The steak is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special treatHPCLDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed a fantastic dinner while listening to the pianist playing distantly familiar melodies. A very relaxing atmosphere that we cannot wait to enjoy again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MisssanavsDined on 10/16/2014The first two times I ate here were spectacular. This time, we had a very slow waiter with a laid-back attitude who forgot to bring one of our sides. The steaks were a bit overcooked and either the Pepper Steak changed since our last visit, or we simply got the wrong piece of meat.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014The food is always fantastic and they have great and knowledgable wait staff to match. Everyone helps take care of you here and you are guarenteed to have a very nice evening every time. The views definitely add to the experience and make this one of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steiner RanchSaintlouisDined on 10/4/2014Had to wait for a table with a reservation. seated in wrong area due to Privet Party. The service was good but I'd think twice about going backSpecial Features:
- returncustomerDined on 10/3/2014Comfortable, gracious, good food, great view of lake, enjoyed the band. Very relaxing, nothing is a hassleSpecial Features:
- Great Meal and ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Sat outside while a band was performing and no problem with excessive noise. We had an appetizer special (fried Avocado) and a couple of dinner specials (seafood and steak). All very well prepared, presented nicely and delicious. Only complaint on the meal was there did not seem to be anyone knowledgeable regarding the wine list. Requested a recommendation for a $60 -$70 bottle of Pinot Noir and got back two choices not on the list with no details. In that range, my view is someone should have been there to describe it. Ambiance score would have been higher but there were a number of kids running from their tables to the dance floor. Puts the restaurant in a tough spot and mildly annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Evening at SR SteakhouseJPWhittakerDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful night at SRS. Superior service, great food, lovely ambiance. Great place for special evening.Special Features:
- LIKE THE PLACElakeDined on 9/15/2014We wanted to eat on the patio and stay for the band but a big rain storm hit so we ate in one of the dinning rooms. We had a waitress in training, Rachel with Austin, service was fine. Food was great but I have to say it is pricey, one drink+steaks for two $155.00 not including tip. Went to the patio bar and attentive bartender, Dustin, remembered me from previous visits. I take my service dog JAX, and he is always welcomed there. The last time I was there 2 weeks ago there was a deputy sheriffs car lurking in the dark at the stop below the restaurant to the highway. I have brought this to the attention of the general manager, who told me that this has happened frequently.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014we were in Austin on vacation. We went to Steiners for my sons birthday. Great food, excellent service. Our server's name was Regina. She did an excellent job of helping us with a wine selection from an extensive list. The steaks were great as you would expect but the restaurant also serves as an accompaniment lobster butter which really made the steak unique. Finished the dinner with caramel bread pudding - one serving enough for 4 people. Would definitely go back then next time that I am in town.Special Features:
- Great as usualFlyingTDined on 9/12/2014Our table was ready on time, complimentary valet parking was very nice with the rainy night. The steaks, et al, were fantastic as always. The waiter, David, was friendly, knowledgeable, and as fast as a crowded restaurant would allow him.Special Features:
- Romatic Birthday CelebrationVinoDined on 9/10/2014My wife's birthday. They didn't know 'til we arrived, but within minutes everyone involved in our service knew - it was an impressive display of customer care. We occupied a small room viewing the lake; it was a Wednesday night, so we were all alone. Our waiter, Nathan treated us like we were his only table, yet the other parts of the restaurant were active. We had Chateau Briand for two which was marvelous. The wine list by-the-glass was only okay, but everything else was top notch. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeyDined on 9/9/2014Very consistent quality. View is spectacular. Outside dining is great when weather is a little cooler.Special Features:
- first time-great!BubbaDined on 9/7/2014Great dinner! Great view! Great service! We will be back again the next time we are in the area. Best steak ever! And the artifacts on display are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Birthday DininglovebirdsDined on 9/7/2014The view and decor were enlightening. The waiters were very impressive with their knowledge of the menu and restuarant history. Staff was professional and courteous. This is a great place to take that special person for a birthday, special occasion or just to dine. Will be returning to try brunch soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of best in AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014If you are in Austin, don't miss this gem. One of the best steaks in the city if not the whole state.Special Features:
- Treated Like RoyaltyTexasSoonerDined on 9/6/2014This was our second time dining at Steiner Ranch. The food is absolutely top-notch and is matched with top-notch service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold ShrimpKevinDined on 9/4/2014Took my parents out for my fathers birthday - he said that it was the best ribeye he had had in 88 years - very satisfied. My mom ordered the grilled shrimp, had to send it back because it was cold when it was served. Good service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Special Occasion - Amazing ViewAustinCalmDined on 9/3/2014It was our first visit to the restaurant, and we decided to try it since I kept hearing one of my friends mention it. We booked dinner for a birthday celebration, and it was worth it! The outdoor seating and bar area are beautiful. They have some wonderful romantic tables for two along the edge. The sunset view is amazing, the food was delicious, and the live music created a nice ambiance. Even in early September, the outdoor seating was a comfortable temperature at 7 pm, and the breeze was nice. Highly recommended for dinner or even just happy hour with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pathetic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014Waiter brought the wrong meal for me but the right dish for the others...so the others ate while I waited 15 minutes. Then he had a different waiter serve me. with no apology. when the steak came it was dry and tasteless. The table next to us was annoyingly boisterous. I will not return or recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- First VisitGugieDined on 8/30/2014I took my wife for her birthday and we both loved the place. The food was excelent and the view of the sunset, very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!GaryDined on 8/30/2014Steak has always been my favorite here, however, this visit I had snapper with a crabmeat, crawfish & butter topping. It was fabulous! Enjoy a glass of wine and music outdoors when it get a little cooler. The view is fantastic. This restaurant offers excellent food and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Holy cowAustindineronabudgetDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service. Special appetizer of the night was fabulous pulled pork on a fried avocado was delicious . Steaks we're amazing and cooked to perfection. Wine selection has some great values and something for everyone to enjoy. Our server really made us feel special on our night out. Afterwords a nightcap on the huge patio with live music!Special Features:
- EragerDined on 8/27/2014Always a wonderful dining experience. The food is wonderful! Tommy Shane was great to hear perform. The setting couldn't be nicer; the Steiner's did a great job in planning and making any improvements to the facility!! I always enjoy dining there when in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I was really impressed, food was excellent. Atmosphere was awesome. Liz our waitress was top notch. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackDined on 8/25/2014The food was the best we have ever had a Steiner Ranch. We have had dinner many times and Aug. 25th was the best. We would also like to call your attention to the tortilla soup. We have never had this soup this delicious at any restaurant in any city. The steaks were great but we still have a problem getting a HOT baked potato. Each time I have ordered one, it always comes to the table COLD. Please address this situation. Thank you for having a great place to invite our friends to join us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.