Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
5424 Steiner Ranch Blvd.
Austin, TX 78732Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.steinersteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5123810800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Keith Venables
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All of our wonderful items are available for catering at your next party, or just a get together with a few friends. Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: With seven different private dining facilities Steiner Ranch Steakhouse can accommodate groups from ten to two hundred. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Amee Geren 5123810800
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every night of the week on the Hill Top Stage weather permiting)
A word from Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse is a 14,000 sq ft restaurant built on a mountain over looking Lake Travis. We have three levels, four bars, and three outdoor dining areas with breath taking views. All steaks are hand selected Prime beef cuts, seasoned, broiled to order and topped with our house butter blend with caramlized shallots and chives. It is the perfect destination any night of the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (143)special occasion (115)great for outdoor dining (91)romantic (79)notable wine list (55)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (28)great for brunch (24)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (6)Show More
- Great Meal and ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Sat outside while a band was performing and no problem with excessive noise. We had an appetizer special (fried Avocado) and a couple of dinner specials (seafood and steak). All very well prepared, presented nicely and delicious. Only complaint on the meal was there did not seem to be anyone knowledgeable regarding the wine list. Requested a recommendation for a $60 -$70 bottle of Pinot Noir and got back two choices not on the list with no details. In that range, my view is someone should have been there to describe it. Ambiance score would have been higher but there were a number of kids running from their tables to the dance floor. Puts the restaurant in a tough spot and mildly annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Evening at SR SteakhouseJPWhittakerDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful night at SRS. Superior service, great food, lovely ambiance. Great place for special evening.Special Features:
- LIKE THE PLACElakeDined on 9/15/2014We wanted to eat on the patio and stay for the band but a big rain storm hit so we ate in one of the dinning rooms. We had a waitress in training, Rachel with Austin, service was fine. Food was great but I have to say it is pricey, one drink+steaks for two $155.00 not including tip. Went to the patio bar and attentive bartender, Dustin, remembered me from previous visits. I take my service dog JAX, and he is always welcomed there. The last time I was there 2 weeks ago there was a deputy sheriffs car lurking in the dark at the stop below the restaurant to the highway. I have brought this to the attention of the general manager, who told me that this has happened frequently.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014we were in Austin on vacation. We went to Steiners for my sons birthday. Great food, excellent service. Our server's name was Regina. She did an excellent job of helping us with a wine selection from an extensive list. The steaks were great as you would expect but the restaurant also serves as an accompaniment lobster butter which really made the steak unique. Finished the dinner with caramel bread pudding - one serving enough for 4 people. Would definitely go back then next time that I am in town.Special Features:
- Great as usualFlyingTDined on 9/12/2014Our table was ready on time, complimentary valet parking was very nice with the rainy night. The steaks, et al, were fantastic as always. The waiter, David, was friendly, knowledgeable, and as fast as a crowded restaurant would allow him.Special Features:
- Romatic Birthday CelebrationVinoDined on 9/10/2014My wife's birthday. They didn't know 'til we arrived, but within minutes everyone involved in our service knew - it was an impressive display of customer care. We occupied a small room viewing the lake; it was a Wednesday night, so we were all alone. Our waiter, Nathan treated us like we were his only table, yet the other parts of the restaurant were active. We had Chateau Briand for two which was marvelous. The wine list by-the-glass was only okay, but everything else was top notch. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeyDined on 9/9/2014Very consistent quality. View is spectacular. Outside dining is great when weather is a little cooler.Special Features:
- Fabulous Birthday DininglovebirdsDined on 9/7/2014The view and decor were enlightening. The waiters were very impressive with their knowledge of the menu and restuarant history. Staff was professional and courteous. This is a great place to take that special person for a birthday, special occasion or just to dine. Will be returning to try brunch soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of best in AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014If you are in Austin, don't miss this gem. One of the best steaks in the city if not the whole state.Special Features:
- Treated Like RoyaltyTexasSoonerDined on 9/6/2014This was our second time dining at Steiner Ranch. The food is absolutely top-notch and is matched with top-notch service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold ShrimpKevinDined on 9/4/2014Took my parents out for my fathers birthday - he said that it was the best ribeye he had had in 88 years - very satisfied. My mom ordered the grilled shrimp, had to send it back because it was cold when it was served. Good service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Special Occasion - Amazing ViewAustinCalmDined on 9/3/2014It was our first visit to the restaurant, and we decided to try it since I kept hearing one of my friends mention it. We booked dinner for a birthday celebration, and it was worth it! The outdoor seating and bar area are beautiful. They have some wonderful romantic tables for two along the edge. The sunset view is amazing, the food was delicious, and the live music created a nice ambiance. Even in early September, the outdoor seating was a comfortable temperature at 7 pm, and the breeze was nice. Highly recommended for dinner or even just happy hour with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pathetic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014Waiter brought the wrong meal for me but the right dish for the others...so the others ate while I waited 15 minutes. Then he had a different waiter serve me. with no apology. when the steak came it was dry and tasteless. The table next to us was annoyingly boisterous. I will not return or recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- First VisitGugieDined on 8/30/2014I took my wife for her birthday and we both loved the place. The food was excelent and the view of the sunset, very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!GaryDined on 8/30/2014Steak has always been my favorite here, however, this visit I had snapper with a crabmeat, crawfish & butter topping. It was fabulous! Enjoy a glass of wine and music outdoors when it get a little cooler. The view is fantastic. This restaurant offers excellent food and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Holy cowAustindineronabudgetDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service. Special appetizer of the night was fabulous pulled pork on a fried avocado was delicious . Steaks we're amazing and cooked to perfection. Wine selection has some great values and something for everyone to enjoy. Our server really made us feel special on our night out. Afterwords a nightcap on the huge patio with live music!Special Features:
- EragerDined on 8/27/2014Always a wonderful dining experience. The food is wonderful! Tommy Shane was great to hear perform. The setting couldn't be nicer; the Steiner's did a great job in planning and making any improvements to the facility!! I always enjoy dining there when in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I was really impressed, food was excellent. Atmosphere was awesome. Liz our waitress was top notch. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackDined on 8/25/2014The food was the best we have ever had a Steiner Ranch. We have had dinner many times and Aug. 25th was the best. We would also like to call your attention to the tortilla soup. We have never had this soup this delicious at any restaurant in any city. The steaks were great but we still have a problem getting a HOT baked potato. Each time I have ordered one, it always comes to the table COLD. Please address this situation. Thank you for having a great place to invite our friends to join us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakeluverDined on 8/24/2014Missed being able to order from the brunch menu. I was looking forward to the stuffed French toast. Breakfast buffet was not very special and some items were not hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014a little slow starting off, had reservations for 6:30, finally was seated after about a 15 minute wait. Then we followed the server around until a suitable table was found, a little disorganized. However, once we were seated, the server did a very nice job of tending to our needs for drinks appetizers and the meal. Overall, it was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigDDined on 8/22/2014Great Steak! I had the Ribeye. Service was perfect!Special Features:
- $200 for 2 people. horrible serviceIdine357Dined on 8/22/2014We showed up 7 min after our scheduled reservation and had to wait 30 min to be seated. Then we had to listen to the waitress give us a 5 minute spill. After she was done trying to sale us the daily special, a $130 meal for 2 (which we bought & were highly disappointed with). We didn't see her again until she brought us our food. We were excited and anxious to get the bread while we waited for our meal, but it never came. We actually ended up getting our full meal before the waitress brought us the bread :( $190 bucks later and disappointed in my choice of restaurants for my gfs bday, I couldn't get over the fact that I just dropped almost $200 dollars and had a bad experience :'( not at all what I was hoping for.Special Features:
- Felt like CattleNEVERGOTOTHISPLACEDined on 8/22/2014didn't like the tables being so close together, my table and chair kept getting bumped in to from the loud table behind me. and the flashing of camera flash made the night very bad and I couldn't wait to get my bill and go, which my waiter was very nice about and brought it to the bar on the main floor. will never be back or recommend your place to anyone.
- Disastrous evening.RiccardoDined on 8/22/2014Our recent dining experience was a disaster. This was a birthday dinner for my wife. Four of us were taken up to a table on the second floor set for two. We were then taken back down to the first floor to a table appropriately set for four. The food was terrible. Two of us ordered steaks. They were not cooked as odered and had to be sent back. So, two of us were eating while the others waited for their steaks be be re-cooked. My fish "special" was almost unedible. It was over cooked and the crab on top was undetectable due to the overwhelming amount of sauce. I could only eat half of this meal as its all my stomach could take. The manager, Rudy, was very apolgetic. We were given a comp dessert and two $50 gift certificates.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for MomOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Food was mostly excellent - there were 5 at our table, we all had some champagne and cocktails as well. We ordered Shrimp cocktail and the house Queso for apps. Queso was great, fresh blue corn tortilla chips. Shrimp was somewhat chewy and overcooked. Possibly not as fresh as it could have been? Four of the five of us had the Ribeye - 14 oz. for $37 - steaks were all excellent, came with mashed potatoes and choice of another side. We also had two excellent desserts - a flourless chocolate cake and a cheesecake 'souffle' which was absolutely amazing. They also brought out a special little birthday dessert for my mom. Service was somewhat lackluster and perfunctory which is annoying for a meal that cost, with tip, close to $500.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Steiner Ranch SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014This is a good spot for a change. Very nice facility, very nice and accommodating staff. Service was good, and the food was good. Drinks were good as well. We brought a friend from out of town to see the area and we all thought that the evening was fine given our purpose. Having said all that, the restaurant is not a place that has any grace about it, and we would never consider it for my wife's birthday or our anniversary. Nothing romantic, special, endearing, etc. Just a good steakhouse, with a clever Texas twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The bread, wine and vegetables were great. The Sea bass was OK.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The reservation process was seamless. The service and food were outstanding. I would not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and atmosphereSztxDined on 8/16/2014Great location and the service couldn't be better. The food is premium priced and almost worth that level of pricing. For the location and ambience that goes with it, they can get a way with charging a little more.Special Features:
- Average food, awesome viewMitchVIPDined on 8/15/2014Can't beat the view at Steiner Ranch. Sometimes very good live band. Nice crowd. Food is so so. If you like steak, better choices downtown (even the chain places like Flemings). Food heavily salted, servers could be better trained and are a bit erratic. But when the sun is going down over the Lake with a drink in hand and some good music this doesn't matter so much.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceLisaVIPDined on 8/15/2014We switched it up and went with seafood this time around, and the gulf shrimp were excellent. Jay was our waiter and did a great job!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We came here to celebrate my husbands birthday and it was perfect! First, the staff is top notch. From the hostess, to the wait staff, the bartender...all excellent! Our waiter did a great job explaining different items on the menu and making suggestions. The restaurant was quaint and the ambiance is beautiful! The steaks were superb! My husband ordered the she crab soup as an appetizer and it was delicious! After a nice, quiet, enjoyable meal we went outside and sat by the fire pit to listen to the live band. Again, they were amazing! The entire evening was relaxing, from the meal to relaxing near the bar with a drink and some excellent music! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerCalsDined on 8/14/2014Great food and service for my business team to celebrate a victory.Special Features:
- food and service needs workkksoboDined on 8/13/2014The service came from an inexperienced server and the maitre d's customer skills &etiquette were lacking. The place made mistakes in food service but no sincere apology was made nor was there comping of the items that weren't even eaten because the error was finally corrected near the end of the meal. Food substitutions were made w/o informing us i.e. romaine for field greens and cranberry juice for Apple juice. Ignorance or lies were apparent in what was in one dish. Imitation lobster was in one even though they insisted it was real lobster. There is an obvious difference in taste and texture of the two from past experiences. Quality of the steak in other than the filet was questionable. Steak was fatty & had connective tissue.Special Features:
- WOW!!! JUST WOW!!!Jcarter209Dined on 8/12/2014Food was amazing and getting a table reservation was super easy. Our server, john, was amazing. I have been a restaurant and a bar manager for 17 years and his knowledge and how he handled himself was great! Nice to see such amazing service still out there. He greeted u within 2 minutes, drinks out within 8. And from there, he kept suggesting. Made sure we got the right appetizer to go with our main course. Great job John! We will be back Steiner Family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014SRS never let's me down. They have great food and great service. There are several dining areas to choose from, so you have options depending on what you are looking for: inside lounge area is very energetic, main level dining, upper level dining, and outdoor dining. They have a great venue for music almost every night. The view is amazing overlooking the hills and lake Travis. I perfect spot for sunset views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalDJ31Dined on 8/3/2014We had the pleasure of watching the sunset on the patio of the Steiner Ranch Steakhouse during our dinner. The ambiance was incredible, and the steak was world class. I recommend the house special, a 10 oz filet topped with crab au gratin, with mashed potatoes and blackened shrimp on the side. Awesome dinner, great place!Special Features:
- Great food-great viewslovegoodfood2Dined on 8/3/2014The food and service here are outstanding. From the minute you walk through the door, there is a welcoming atmosphere. Our wait staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant experience. The steaks were tender and juicy. Out the window, you can see Lake Travis. Overall, it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great placeJbrownDined on 8/3/2014Great service, spectacular location, delicious food, excellent environment.Special Features: