Stefano's Italian Cafe
2200 Central Ave
Middletown, OH 45044Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Stefano's Italian Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stefanositaliancafe.com/
- Phone: 5134229922
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Stefano's Italian Cafe
Stefano's is THE place to go for authentic Italian in historic Middletown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stefano's Italian Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- YUMlovegoodfoodDined on 9/21/2013Had a great experience being a first time diner to Stefano's. Delicious food, yummy peach sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stefano'sIzzie1234Dined on 9/20/2013My meal was very yummy and service was nice-good double date spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2013We were seated promptly, and our salads and appetizers were brought quickly. The food was delicious, prompt, and expertly prepared. Or server was very helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. The wine she recommended was a perfect match for our mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian in town!Good2goDined on 8/16/2013We have been here many times. The food has always been superb and the amount served almost always requires a doggy bag. Love to go to Stefano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!emmaDined on 8/15/2013Everything we had was delicious. We tried Alfredo, lasagna, and pizza and it was all exceptional. Best Alfredo sauce in the state, and some ingredients come straight from the garden on the premises. Can't beat it! You can keep the bill under $15 per person if you don't get an appetizer. You really should try it, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestElijahbeau01Dined on 8/10/2013The food was decent but given the lengthy wait time, our expectations were that it would be much better. The waitress failed to bring utensils (until we asked when our salads arrived), the wine I ordered was out, she forgot what my aunt ordered so had to ask again, left the ranch off my mom's salad, and when we asked for more bread, it came out about the size of croutons (it was actually laughable). Overall the dining area (we were outdoors) was nice, the food was okay, the service was poor. My aunt and mom have dined there several times in the past and said up until their last experience a few months back, they had always really enjoyed Stefanos. So, they were willing to give it another trybut....not again.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantJohnDined on 7/26/2013A very nice Italian restaurant. Good food with good prices. A great patio for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stefano's was a good experienceGermantownCoupleDined on 7/19/2013This is definitely a neighborhood place where they know most of their customers, but that didn't stop them from giving my wife and me a good experience. The food was very good and the server fun and eclectic. They quickly cleared plates that we were done with and did a nice job keeping glasses full. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2013Great to see a restaurant that gets it, Stefano's has a working garden and they incorporate the produce in the entrees. Service was excellent, food was simple, portions were moderate (no doggy bags needed) and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shouldn't Take Reservations!MothersDayBustedDined on 5/11/2013First words out of the greeter was how he hated the OpenTable system, he did not have our reservations though they were made more than hour before we arrived. He said he would have to see what he could do, I said do your best this is my wife's first time here and it was mother's day. He told us we should just leave then, they were very busy....so we did, and we will never be back.
- Fantastic!!! A+++Love2eatoutVIPDined on 5/11/2013The food is exceptional. Long drive from Cincinnati, but definitely worth it. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Great evening waitressJB43Dined on 5/3/2013Had a Great evening waitress and staff were Great and its right down my street. Will recommend :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good (about likeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Food was good (about like an "Olive Garden"), but kind of pricey.
- 1st, but not last time @ Stefano'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2013We were greeted warmly by name, and made welcome, then given options for seating. Promptly seated, our server, Chris gave a detailed(but concise) description of the specials. We studied the wine list, as he described some newly acquired wines. He left us for a moment and returned with samples of two wines he felt we would enjoy. Both fine bottles, we chose one of his suggestions and found that it cost half as much as a few of the wines we had been considering. No upcost steering here, just solid, efficient, considerate help. Our food was very good, arrived hot, and was exactly as described. Good pace, no rush, no delay. We had an excellent experience, and are looking forward to returning soon. Complements/thanks to all!Special Features:
- First time back in years.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013First time back in years. Won't wait so long the next time. Nice cozy feel, and outstanding food!Special Features:
- We always like going to Stefano's.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013We always like going to Stefano's. Good food, nice atmosphere. It's quiet if you sit back beyond the bar area, but still nice elsewhere, too. Always go for the Specials, you can't miss :-)Special Features:
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013My friend and I heard about this place from friends and when my daughter heard I was going there, said I would love it. I did. We plan to return n the not too distant future.Special Features:
- I was disappointed to seeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013I was disappointed to see such an increase in prices from the online menu. Portion sizes were large but still a might bit expensive. Food was good but the server was a little unfriendly. Definitely worth a second try though
- Good and friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013Good and friendly service Made us feel right at home. Good food. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Love this local, hometownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Love this local, hometown place. We will return with more folks next time around.Special Features:
- First time there, Food veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013First time there, Food very good, clean, fast personal service, prices reasonable for quality. Will return very pleased.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013We enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant. Regretfully, we were under some time constraints, with an event following our dinner. They had a big crowd that evening and did not seem quite prepared to handle the rush. But overall, no complaints. We liked our food and wine and being somewhat in a hurry was our problem, not theirs.
- The first problem we had wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2013The first problem we had was that the waiter offered us specials without telling us the price. My husband ordered one of the specials. I ordered the Stefano's Pasta Primavera. The sauce was a little spicy and tasted old. When we told the waiter that it was spicy he said it shouldn't it's just marinara sauce. I told him I didn't like it. Most restaurants will offer to get something else. He did not. When the waiter came back and ask if we wanted boxes we again said I didn't like the food. He said he was sorry and handed us the bill. That's when we found out the price of the special my husband ordered. Which was overpriced. Lesson learned there. Always ask price. Will not be going back. Will not recommend!!!
- Food was spectacular, serviceMikeVIPDined on 2/9/2013Food was spectacular, service was pretty good. They brag about desserts and cheesecake but was nearly out of all deserts (our reservations were 6:15). Had an odd wait when we came. Our table was ready, no others were waiting but were stuck in lobby for 20 minutes. Owner was on phone behind check in talking to someone for a some time while we waited. Then he just walked away. Came back and asked if we were being helped, said no and he walked away again. Finally after 3 different people took our name, we were seated. The quality of the food almost completely made up for this greeting blunder.Special Features:
- Food could have been a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Food could have been a little warmer, but the cheesecake was amazing the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Small restaurant so I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Small restaurant so I would recommend that you make reservations. Love the quaint/romantic atmosphere. I agree with other reviews that prices on the restaurant menu are higher then the online menu. Wine and beer bottle selection nice. Only 3 beers on tap. Antipasto for two was good, but I felt portion was small for two people. Their house bread and salad dressing is wonderful. The pizza was good (pricey and small) and my Husband's pasta dish with meatballs was lacking in taste. Definitely needed to use salt, pepper and cheese to flavor. Overall, our experience was very good and we would go back for another try.Special Features:
- The food was good to veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012The food was good to very good and the service was very good and freindly. Great local spot. Much better than going to a chain restaurant, queit little place. Overall pleased with the evening.
- Italian Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012What a fantastic experience. We started at the bar and wow the bartender was so knowledgeable of the menu and make great recommendations! Once at our table our waiter, Steve was so passionate about the specials. We really enjoyed every bit of our dining experience. Food was fresh, an Italian culinary mmmmmm I can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- The Place To Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012We always get great food and great service. This is my number one place to go.Special Features:
- Dining at Stefano's is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2012Dining at Stefano's is always an enjoyable experience. The food is excellent and well presented. The service is very friendly and courteous with great attention to detail.Special Features: