7512 Dr. Phillips Blvd. Ste 80
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stefanosgrill.com/
- Phone: 4076684745x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano "Chef Steff" Tedeschi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Stefano's Grill
Known by many as The Sports Chef, and to others as Chef Steff, he was the first American to earn one of the highest distinctions a culinary professional can receive – Escoffier Chef, an international organization based in Nice, France, dedicated to recognizing and promoting culinary excellence. Chef Steff has been highlighted on the Food Network, The Best Damn Sports Show Period, and has participated in The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival in 2012 and this year in November 2014.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Stefano's Grill - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Stefano's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (39)romantic (22)notable wine list (17)good for groups (13)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/19/2014I'm usually hesitant to give 5 stars but Stefanos deserves it! Absolutely fabulous food, great wine selection and outstanding service.....the trifecta of a wonderful dining experience. Don't be surprised by it's strip mall location....just go! We sat on the patio on a Sunday evening and it was quiet with very few cars passing by. Veal stuffed banana peppers and lump crab cakes for appetizers.....both get 5 stars and I am very picky on my crab cakes. The fish special that night was red snapper in a champagne sauce with penne pasta on the siide......just scrumptious! A very nice sized portion....I rarely eat all of my entree.....but had to eat every bite....it was that good! No dessert as we were all too full. A real gem...just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A FIND!GaryHVIPDined on 10/18/2014Absolutely fantastic restaurant. My fiancee and I first discovered it during magical dining (the 22oz delmonico steak was superb), and we just went back for a second time with my father to see how they hold up outside of the specials. We ordered the chef's special flatbread and the penne ala vodka with sausage, both were amazing, and you could really taste that the sauce and the sausage were made from scratch. My father is a vegetarian from new york who loves his baked ziti. They really out did themselves here, making him something that was not on the menu and everything really tasted like you were back at your favorite little italian spot in New York. Just do yourself a favor and order the house special, homemade coconut cake for dessert!Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience!ArthurDined on 10/4/2014This was our second visit to Stefano's as with the first experience the food was prepared to perfection. The server Eric was friendly, polite and professional. This restaurant exemplifies the type of service all fine restaurants should give. Did I mention the meal was outstanding?Special Features:
- First time visit, will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Service was excellent. Both our waiter and the owner were very attentive. The italian sausage was delicious and the prices seem fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaktraveltoeatDined on 9/30/2014The highlight at Stefano's is the food. Fantastic quality in terms of original ingredients and execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nessieDined on 9/28/2014The staff was amazing. Excellent place for the entire familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodBlueye9151Dined on 9/27/2014We were a table of 6. Four of us did the magic dining. Very generous servings. Two of us ordered off menu.I just had to send my back for being cold. The waiter was gracious and apologized. Will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding findRonfDined on 9/27/2014Food was outstanding. Very friendly Great service From start to finish food to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food ok ambiencefoodloverDined on 9/27/2014we went there for magical dining. had CHEF STEFF'S SPECIAL FLATBREAD, VEAL STUFFED BANANA PEPPERS, 22 OZ PRIME DELMONICO STEAK, VEAL CHOP MILANESE, CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE, and TIRAMISU. All of our dishes were delicious and portion was generous. Ambience is quite dark and dining area is small (tables are too close to each other). Our waiter was not attentive and very slow (even though there was only a few tables dining at the time), floor manager was nice and had to serve our table a bit due to poor service from our waiter. but overall was an ok experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentOtterjohnDined on 9/27/2014What can I say, I was amazed by this place. From the service, to the food, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You need to have dinner here!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We had killer food, met the wonderful owners (their daughter is SO awesome!) and our waiter, Eric, was excellent! You really need to go there. I'm sad that I was only visiting Orlando because I would totally be a regular at Stefano's. Get there immediately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantTimelessDined on 9/26/2014We had never heard of Stefano's Grille until we saw it on the list for Orlando Magical Dining. The food was very good, the portions were very large but it was a a bit noisy for conversation with 10 people. Perhaps going on another night rather than a Friday night would have been better for such a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Orlando!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We were referred to Stefano's by a barter network we belong to. I am so glad! Right from the start, it was family oriented, warm, friendly, and hip. We ate some of the finest food we have ever tasted, and were made to feel welcome, even though we had a cranky toddler with us. The staff was attentive, knowlegable, and obviously ate the food they were serving, because they were able to describe in such rich detail, what we were choosing. Their recommendations were spot on, and the meal was sensational, from start to finish! This is definitely a spot to hit while staying in Orlando. The location was also great. It was off the main drag, and in a shopping center, so parking and crowds were not an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant in Dr. PhillipsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014We had very good food and service. The restauant is a little dark due to the paneled walls, so you may need a flashlight to read the menu. We went to try this new restaurant in Dr. Phillips during Magical Dining month. There were a number of choices for both appetizer, entree and dessert. They even expanded the choices to include all veal dishes on the menu. It's a little pricey ordering off the regular menu, but you won't be dissappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceLovetoeatout26Dined on 9/25/2014We tried Stefano's due to Magical Dining Month but will certainly return & recommend to friends as the food & service were excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodJOHNVIPDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant was outstanding in every respect. Service people were very attentive and fast.Special Features:
- 25th Anniversary DinnerTandADined on 9/23/2014Was warmly met by two pleasant ladies who wished us a happy anniversary and then showed us to our table. Dimly lit dining area set a nice tone. Waiter was very friendly and service was timely and excellent, our glasses were frequently topped off with our chosen bottle of wine. Veal-stuffed banana peppers were delish and the chicken penne was satisfying with a well-portioned amount. The waiter-recommended Delmonico steak was cooked to our liking but half of it consisted mostly of fat, we were disappointed and felt it was not worth the cost. French fries with roasted garlic was tasty. Yummy chocolate mousse cake completed the evening. All-in-all, not too bad. Will try other restaurants in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for date nightnatapr88Dined on 9/20/2014Great place for date if your really want to impresse your loved ones. Also great for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clergyDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent. Service was very good. It was hard to tell what Stefano's wanted to be. Did they want to be a sports bar with all the TV's? Or did they want to be a high end dining experience? The food was exceptional, especially the 22 oz steak. The banana peper starter was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Try it!!MysteryMamaDined on 9/20/2014From the outside Stefano's looks casual but the inside is very nice, although it would be a small place for large groups. The service was very good and the food was SUPERB!! The 22 oz Delmonico is outrageously good and they cooked it exactly as ordered. The lump crab cakes were loaded with crab with only a wee bit of filler to hold them together. Our sides were scalloped potatoes, pasta with vodka sauce, & spinach with garlic - all delicious! Everything is made from scratch so you can tweak a recipe to your taste. The waiter also told us that the kitchen will take requests for recipes that are not on the menu as long as they are not time consuming items (like lasagna). This is an affordable restaurant where you will get your money's worth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak To Beat All Steaks..Lucky7Dined on 9/20/2014From the moment we walked in the door we felt welcomed...our waiter immediately joined us, filled our water glasses, brought our wine, took our order...there were seven of us and everyone said this was a find. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I took my friend there to celebrate our birthdays during Magical Dining. Really friendly atmosphere, the owner/head chef came out to greet us. Our server was very pleasant. The food was fabu! Would definitly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server EnvyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We took advantage of the Magic Dining experience of $33 meals. The meal was fabulous. The Delmonico steak was the best steak I've ever had. However, observing the other servers and their guests, I was envious. They were told information that we weren't (that could have been beneficial). People who came in after us were served their main course before we got our appetizers. The other servers made adequate check backs to their tables and appeared to enjoy and care about their jobs. After my brother went to the bar to get his water re-filled, we got fabulous service from the bar manager and other servers. Our server became more attentive but not nearly as much as the other servers.Special Features:
- Great FindListenToMeDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I were vacationing in Orlando for the weekend and went to Stefano's on a recommendation from a local. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced for the quality. The service was fantastic. They were very attentive and we enjoyed interacting with the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Thanks to Magical Dining we went twice in a week. Excellent Magical Dining menu!! We suggested this restaurant to 2 groups of friends who also dined here and loved it.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealmagicaldinerDined on 9/17/2014Three of us met at Stefano's for a quick dinner. The restaurant seems a bit dark when you first enter but your eyes adjust quickly and you are greeted by a very friendly staff. They were welcoming and happy to see you. The ambiance is a bit sparse, all black without any decor. It could use a spot of color for a dramatic effect. We were there for the Magical Dining and the appetizers offered were all delicious and presented nicely. For the entree the three of us had the prime-graded age prime rib which was very flavorful and plentiful but we were expecting prime to be more tender. We each had a different dessert so we could try them all. All sides were ala carte and had enough for sharing. Would I go again?..possibly again next yr!Special Features:
- Foodlover59Dined on 9/14/2014Love the personalized service from the host. The appetizers are well prepared all the way down to the entrees and desserts! Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total pleasant suprise!FabulousFoodiesDined on 9/13/2014Met friends for dinner at a halfway point. What a great find. From the Pinot noir to the dessert , a gastronomic treasure! The veal stuffed banana peppers and flat bread appetizers were delicious, only to be out done by an amazing lightly breaded veal chop and the best Prime cut Delmonico I have tasted in years. The fabulous coconut cake and chocolate mousse cake with fresh brewed coffee put this dinner and this restaurant at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulPaulDined on 9/13/2014Reservation honored, receptionist very pleasant, small space and tables very close to one another ambiance was non existent, very dark, wall and ceiling were all black with no décor on walls. Service was very slow except when it came to getting the entre which was brought out before any of us finished our hot appetizerSpecial Features:
- New York Style DiningPoppyseedDined on 9/12/2014We had an enjoyable experience here. The food was amazing, I had the crab cakes and the boyfriend the Delmonico. You really can't beat a steak that size. We were told the chef is a butcher so we made sure to get the steak and it was an excellent choice. This is a small, busy restaurant and was at capacity when we dined. Although less intimate than some of the Magical Dining spots we have chosen, it reminded me of dining in a big city. The owners were out and about and the servers moved quickly through the place. Although the place was high energy, our server was knowledgable and gave attentive service even though it was obvious he was busy. We did not feel rushed. I intend to go back but if I wanted a romantic evening I might try a weekday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinaDined on 9/12/2014Way too dark. White tablecloths would help. Waiter should have told me the steak came with nothing else. I have gone to many magical dining restaurants and have never had to add something to the entree which I would pay for. Maybe the steak could have been smaller and they could afford to add a vegetable. There are wat too many restaurants around for us. I doubt that we will return. That was our first visit to Stephanos and I doubt that we will return. And we do eat out a lot.Special Features:
- Magical Dining @ Stefano'sshadowbayfoodieDined on 9/11/2014Stefano's is nearby so we gave it a try. The food was good and our server was friendly and attentive. The veal chop was delicious and bone gnawing worthy. The ambiance needs work. The walls and ceiling are painted black and lighting is harsh. Some art on the walls would be nice. The view from our table was the bath room doors. This was our first visit and we'll be back but I'll ask for a different table.Special Features:
- The server needed polishing!JoeyMeatballsDined on 9/11/2014Food was excellent! We had a nice 1st visit and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014been wanting to try it. The night i went the restaurant was so busy that everyone was basically on top of each other because all the tables where so close. We didn't end up doing the magical dinning menu just the regular one. Are waiter was horrible. We had a reservation and where seated when we first got there but than it took us about 15 minutes for the waiter to come with our drinks and than are food was good but the wait was not worth it. On top of that we ordered a piece of cake for desert and where told one price and when we get our check it was more expensive that is just something you should automatically know when you are working in a restaurant or if you are not sure say let me go check don't just say price. Not sure i'd go back
- MrsPDined on 9/9/2014We visited Stefanos as part of the Magical Dining program. This restaurant is small and there were some large groups dining that night. We were greeeted and seated promptly, served our wine and drinks right away and our order was taken timely, but from that point on, service was very slow. It was at least 30-40 minutes before our appetizer came and quite a bit later for our meal. Luckily, we were not in a hurry and did not mind waiting since we had lots to talk about. Our waiter was very nice, and did his best, but the kitchen was slow.
- amazingindiDined on 9/7/2014Great food. If you Italian and looking for mom and pops this is a true gem in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemdiginuttDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant is located on the back side of the Dr. Phillips complex. When we walked in, we were immediately greeted by the hostess, who turned out to be the owners' daughter. Both of the owners stopped by at various times throughout our meal to check on us. We felt very welcomed and appreciated. The food was outstanding as well. We went for magical dining, and our group tried everything. It was all amazing. We can't wait to go back for a second meal!Special Features:
- Stefano's Rocks!LongTimeFavoriteDined on 9/7/2014Really enjoyed brunch...had dinner once before, you will be pleased! Try the steak...like butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNetteDined on 9/6/2014So glad they participated in magical dining. $ 33 dollars was a steal for this restaurant! The staff were friendly and very welcoming. The food was delicious. Gia, the owner's daughter is a Gem! She is going to make a great future owner!!! The steak is to die for! The veal stuffed banana peppers, awesome! The coconut cake was fresh and taste great! I will return for to try their brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stefano's GrillfayeDined on 9/6/2014Went here for Magical Dining month. Had to wait a bit to get seated even though we did have a reservation but after that we were very happy! Food is great and service with a smile. Will be back, would like to try the Sunday brunch!Special Features: