95 Pine Street, Suite 17
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steelheaddiner.com/
- Phone: 2066250129
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week: 11a.m. until 10p.m. Brunch Items Available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call and speak to any manager to discuss you individual needs!
- Cross Street: First
- Public Transit: All downtown bus routes end near or around our address: 95 Pine Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available in addition to several parking lots nearby. We validate parking after 5pm at the Pike Place Market Parking Garage on Western Avenue below the Market.
A word from Steelhead Diner
Owner operated by Chef Kevin Davis and wife Teresa, The Steelhead Diner is a smart casual restaurant located in the heart of Seattle's Pike Place Market. Come visit our modern take on the classic American diner - and enjoy contemporary comfort food created with a Northwest twist. Soak up stunning views while enjoying our exclusively North West wine and beer list. Also available: a full bar, and a large selection of non-alcoholic choices. Watch nightly as Davis and his crew create menu items in the restaurant's interactive open kitchen surrounded by views of neighboring Puget Sound. Kids welcome. Family friendly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steelhead Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (36)scenic view (35)good for groups (32)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (17)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)romantic (5)Show More
- Excellent Cod and SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014I had the black cod and my husband had salmon. They both were excellent! Had some kind of crumble for dessert. Very good. Waiters are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy repeat customerFllFoodieDined on 9/25/2014I come here every time I visit Seattle and always recommend to my friends to visit - love the Halibut and for sure will be back for more!Special Features:
- DisappointedLoloDined on 9/13/2014We eat at the Steelhead often and the last two times have been disappointing. It's very loud!!!So eating inside is not funif you want to talk. Outside we were inundated with small bugs in our wine, beer....and the waiter seemed indifferent ..." I can bring you a napkin to put over the glasses ".
- Great Service & FoodJpaulseattle1Dined on 9/11/2014Had the special, it was excellent! Staff was very helpful and the dining experience was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceNorthenderDined on 9/10/2014I've been here before and have take a couple of groups of people from out of town. The food has always been excellent with a variety of choices. Everyone in my group loved their seafood dishes.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchMi55CurryDined on 8/29/2014I've had the chicken and andouille gumbo and the razor clam chowder - both excellent! I also thoroughly enjoyed the watermelon salad with hazelnuts and lavender goat cheese. Staff is friendly and attentive. It's a lively, fun place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual greatness--downtownseaVIPDined on 8/28/2014We live nearby and often come here. It's a bit pricey, but generally worth it. I often order their more moderately priced happy hour special meal. This time, the special was a cold tomato soup and grilled sockeye. The cold tomato soup was quite nasty--tasteless. I had a few spoonfuls and passed it to my husband, who agreed that it was not good. The salmon was fine but nothing special. This meal was certainly not up to the standard that we've found here before. I hope it's just a one-time aberration.Special Features:
- OutOfTownerVIPDined on 8/26/2014we arrived for an early reservation and were seated promptly. but no waitstaff got the word, and we had to flag someone down after quite a wait. however, once we had a waitress service was good and the food was delicious. they did offer a free dessert because of the mix upSpecial Features:
- Dinner with firendsGDCRDined on 8/26/2014I was in Seattle with a couple buddies, one request was to have a nice seafood dinner. I remember eating at the diner a year or so ago and remember it being very nice. We went for dinner before a ball game, we were seated outside and the great service began. we were never without a drink or food and everything was excellent. My friend who'd wanted the seafood dinner was very pleased with his selection. A very good experience overall again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to their wordLightfootDined on 8/22/2014Our reservations were honored without delay. Our waitress was very personable and knowledgeable about the food and beverage offerings. The food was very good. We were there for a reunion and did to feel rushed at all. I would recommend this without reservation (pun intended!)
- One of the BestFrostyMugDined on 8/12/2014Our reservation was honored without any difficulties, the service was excellent, and the food was memorable. An excellent choice when visiting Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a bit disappointed.WeavyDined on 8/8/2014I was looking forward to our dining experience here, but was just a bit disappointed. I could have done some things to make it better, but kept thinking the experience was going to turn the corner. It started when we were seated next to a large party doing a rehearsal dinner in a tiny booth with zero leg room despite other table being readily available. Maybe a small course correction on my part could have saved the evening, but I was with others and held my tongue. Our waitress was poorly educated on the menu and not very organized in managing her tables. Then the cardinal sin for me, she never checked in with us after the dinner was delivered, but brought the check out before we were done. Dessert? No, lets just get out of here.
- Good findHuskerFishDined on 8/6/2014Solid last-minute Friday night spot for a group of 4 adults and 5 kids. Very good salmon and cod that night.Special Features:
- Great night!JenrodDined on 7/31/2014We had a great time at Steelhead. The meal was great and the service was amazing!! I'll eat at this place again when I visit Seattle again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adjacent to Pike's MarketTallyGirlDined on 7/23/2014I think it was our server's first day on the job so disregard the service rating. Food was excellent. Great place to get out of the crowds at the Market for a civilized lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchAmyKDined on 7/21/2014I met a friend here for lunch and ordered my usual chicken and Andouille gumbo. It is consistent so I knew I would enjoy it. Although right next door to Rachel's Ginger Beer in the market, they don't offer her sodas on their menu. We didn't drink alcohol since it was early in the day but opted for lemonade which tasted fresh, not out of a bottle. Overall a satisfactory meal and I chose it for the prime location rather than the culinary aspect of the menu.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemRRalstonDined on 7/18/2014When I want to meet up with friends this is the go to spot now. Consistently good food, good service and we all leave feeling happy.Special Features:
- Second time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/18/2014Had lunch with family three months ago (April) and was happy with the decision. Friday evening at 7pm for dinner? Not so much. Long wait, even with a reservation. Inattentive staff, three wrong orders attempting to be served, and one of our party didn't get their meal until we asked three times while the remainder of the entrees had already been served (20 mins prior). 1 for 1 so far, but I always give a place the average of three tries prior to complete dismissal. So, they'll get one more chance at Steelhead, wish them luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great client lunchFredDined on 7/15/2014I took two very good clients to lunch and the food and service were awesome as usual. Never had a bad lunch or dinner here!
- OUTSTANDING FOOD...KBayVIPDined on 7/15/2014The Razor Clam Chowder was "out of this world" delicious, so glad that we made the effort to find the restaurant AND order their super clam chowder. We also tried the "Cubano" sandwich, which was delicious! The strawberry shortcake dessert was also superb. I met an old friend for lunch there with much effort on our parts ( I was visiting from Hawaii and she had to catch the bus up from Tacoma ). We agreed that we would love to drag our husbands to the Steelhead Diner because we think that the men would love the food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serious GlitchFoodBeaDined on 7/14/2014I've been a regular patron of Steelhead Diner since it first opened and it's been one of my first choices when entertaining out-of-town guests. Steelhead is quintessential Seattle dining. My one quibble would be that service has always been at best uneven, but forgivable due to atmosphere and food. My last meal at Steelhead was seriously disappointing, and has me questioning when I will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Good food but nothing special. Great location if out around Pike Market, but no view from the patio.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I had great expectations about Steelhead but was a bit disappointed. I had the fish and chips which at $20 were a bit pricey for being so run of the mill. The food was ok but did not live up to the hype and price. Someone into group got the fish stew and it was on the bland side and overbooked.
- Overal good experienceybhseattleDined on 7/10/2014the restaurant was very busy. all of our meals were very tastie and served hot, but with seven people at the table, each meal was delivered seperately. the manager offered to buy our desserts. I would definately return as the food was good, the kitchen was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster eh Brutus?KeonaonaDined on 7/8/2014The Brutus salad which the server compared to a Ceasar salad was gloppy, tasteless and almost room temperature. There was no acid component. My husband tried the gumbo, which was average and about 1/2 of the bowl was steamed rice. The most enjoyable was the Crab and Shrimp Tater Tots. In past visits the food has been somewhat inconsistent.
- DisappointingSP1994Dined on 7/7/2014Bumbling service, terrible daily special (fried chicken salad - bland, tasteless salad with old fried chicken bits) - very disappointing dinner.
- Good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2014We had a group of 11, and that may have contributed to this rating. Appetizers were great, but there was a huge time gap between them and the salads. And then the entrees came while we were still eating our salads. Not cool when you are paying top dollar for dinner.Special Features:
- Not a dinner place, more like lunchLovefoodandcookingDined on 7/2/2014Expensive place considering the lack of ambiance. The service was quite good. Friendly waiters and attentive. The food wasn't consistent, so my dish was excellent, Manila clams, but my friend's halibut dish could have been better. The salad was good, beets and greens nothing special though, but the butter-olive oil-basil to go with the bread, was bitter and didn't taste good at all. The food is better than the ambiance. The ambiance is that of a diner, so I should have listened to that and not have ignored it, my fault, and quite noise. Go for brunch, lunch not dinner if hoping for ambiance.Special Features:
- Always great!ElkArcherVIPDined on 7/1/2014I am a repeat customer and will ALWAYS recommend the Steelhead Diner to friends both local and visiting from out of town. The menu is always changing with what is in season and best. The local sourcing and partnership with vendors from Pike Place Market makes for original and innovative new menu additions. The staff and kitchen never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestjeffVIPDined on 6/28/2014hadnt been here for awhile. we had been disappointed a year ago but wanted to try it again after mariners game. the service was miserable. the food was cold and disappointing. one would expect cheese on one's cheeseburger right? there are so many other places to go and try i would not waste my money here next time palace kitchen or lola's or anywhere for that matter
- Uneven performancechungclanVIPDined on 6/28/2014I returned to the Steelhead diner for the chance to enjoy local ingredients in a casual atmosphere with a glimpse of Puget Sound. We received the latter two. Our first courses took 40 minutes to arrive from the time we ordered them, and then the second course arrived minutes later. The waiter apologized as he crammed all the plates onto the table, removing bread plates to make room. The Naughty Nellie Manila clams were absolutely superb, but other dishes were less successful. Goat cheese was substituted for pecorino on my grilled apricot and arugula app, and my husband's beet and arugula salad arrived with a giant pile of frisee and 3 tiny leaves of arugula. Neither substitution was remarked on by waitstaff. Gumbo was a miss. Too bad.
- Open Table -BelltownResident2021VIPDined on 6/16/2014Excellent mussels served a la Vera Cruz - in a red broth. Very tasty. One gripe - we ordered glasses of wine to come with the meal, not immediately. But I spotted the bar tender pouring it immediately when our server approached the bar, so I had to ask the server to bring it over and not let it get warm. Rather inconsiderate, considering they were glasses of white that need to be kept chilled. As a result, I ran out of wine during the meal. But that's the first glitch I've experienced in at least 10 visits, but does account for this review not giving 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Seattle Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent food - very creative chef!! We dined here while visiting Seattle after hearing great reviews. We were not disappointed! Excellent for seafood. Very close to Pike Place Market!Special Features:
- Seatlle with WesCindyDined on 6/8/2014Enjoyed our window seat with a lovely view. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Business ClassWmarketDined on 6/4/2014Excellent choice to bring a client. Nice staff and great food presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteelheaddanoVIPDined on 6/2/2014I eat at Steelhead when ever I am in Seattle and the food is always very tasty and the service is attentive. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1569 reviews are from the Steelhead Diner reviews archive.
- Outstanding Food!AllengDined on 5/31/2014Steelhead Diner never fails to impress me. I should dine here more often... I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very goodsteveDined on 5/25/2014The food was very good, the service was a little on the spotty side, with dishes for a group of six appearing at odd intervals. It did seem busy and I'm willing to chalk it up to that, but that did detract a bit.Special Features:
- great food next to seafood marketoccasionallyVegasDined on 5/24/2014made a reservation based on OpenTable reviews, and was not disappointed. everything was good -- clam chowder, special Copper River salmon on polenta, and chocolate pecan pie. nice combination of flavors and textures, well made. would have liked more fish options on the menu, but at least the special option was delicious. Service was cheerful without being overenthusiastic. would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good standard for business lunchWasabiboyDined on 5/23/2014Dependable for lunch. Though today the host was a bit flighty and not terribly attentive. And there was a wicked cool breeze coming in chilling the toes. Otherwise it was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.