95 Pine Street, Suite 17
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steelheaddiner.com/
- Phone: (206) 625-0129
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week: 11a.m. until 10p.m. Brunch Items Available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call and speak to any manager to discuss you individual needs!
- Cross Street: First
- Public Transit: All downtown bus routes end near or around our address: 95 Pine Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available in addition to several parking lots nearby. We validate parking after 5pm at the Pike Place Market Parking Garage on Western Avenue below the Market.
A word from Steelhead Diner
Owner operated by Chef Kevin Davis and wife Teresa, The Steelhead Diner is a smart casual restaurant located in the heart of Seattle's Pike Place Market. Come visit our modern take on the classic American diner - and enjoy contemporary comfort food created with a Northwest twist. Soak up stunning views while enjoying our exclusively North West wine and beer list. Also available: a full bar, and a large selection of non-alcoholic choices. Watch nightly as Davis and his crew create menu items in the restaurant's interactive open kitchen surrounded by views of neighboring Puget Sound. Kids welcome. Family friendly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steelhead Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (29)good for groups (27)scenic view (24)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)romantic (3)Show More
- Great restaurant in Pike MarketSusanDined on 11/17/2014The New England chowder was wonderful. The fresh (of course) salmon with cherries and nuts was superb. The view of mater and water was special and the service both timely and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time back, a must when in townHaroldski8797Dined on 11/12/2014We had dinner on the deck when we came in the summer. Amazing quality food. service was excellent. had to come back when we came to stay again. Booked dinner for the evening of 12 November and everything was as good as the first time with the exception of the hostess. very cold. thankfully everything else was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but wasn't memorable.JohnDined on 11/12/2014I think this an ideal place to have an appetizer or a drink after work.Special Features:
- Remember the Gumbo2goodDined on 11/10/2014The Steelhead dinner has a unique menu that focuses more on New Orleans than Northwest seafood. It is worth the trip for the gumbo alone. Portion size tends to be large and the prices can be high if you want to mix and match dishes. A small cup of gumbo and a salad for lunch will run more than $20.00. Not sure I would want to have lunch here everyday but the gumbo is memorable on one of those first cold days of fall when you want something that warms you up and stays with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRebeccaDined on 11/6/2014Steelhead is my go-to restaurant for out of town guests, clients, and special occasions. The food is great, everything is always fresh and local. It's the spot to go to enjoy everything that is great about Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014Ambiance, service, and food were all great. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Not what I expected.ATCBDined on 11/5/2014Several locals suggested the place, so I was expecting better. When we arrived they didn't have our reservation, but the guy sat us anyway (and then got told off for putting the two of us at a table that sits four). Right after the waitress introduced herself and went to get our drinks, a second waitress walked up and started introducing herself and asking if we wanted drinks. The spacing between courses was not great, and a grouchy woman came and tried to bus our table before our main courses arrived. She took away the bread (which we hadn't finished) and almost all the cutlery. The starters and desserts were good, but the mahi mahi was not - didn't like anything on the plate except the fish.
- tomwVIPDined on 11/2/2014We have loved this place and go there all the time. One complaint: we absolutely love their Theo chocolate pecan pie, but over the years the serving portion has gotten smaller and smaller such that it is about half of what we used to be served so it's no longer worth the price. We used to stop in just for the pie, but no more.Special Features:
- Wine dinnerjmg98118VIPDined on 10/26/2014we attended the wine dinner, where the wine was great, and the food fabulous. The salmon, which I don't usually care for, was excellent, it was moist and the flavor can't be beat. When the chef can do such a great job for a large group, it is a indication of what you will get if you order off the menu, which we have also done and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- KennethVIPDined on 10/26/2014We learned of this restaurant thru a food tasting tour. came back and the experience was awesome. The food was better than anticipated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy diner!LissybellDined on 10/24/2014Steelhead Diner was a nice dining experience. Casual atmosphere with outstanding wait staff. Food was good, not excellent, but good. This is not your average "diner." The menu has something for everyone. Lots of fish choices and other seasonal offerings. Food was fresh and presented well. I think this would be a great place for groups. Would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a nice dinner out that is not too expensive. Desert was great too.Special Features:
- Fit 4 Foodies Without the AttitudeskmpvVIPDined on 10/16/2014If you're looking for inventively prepared seafood in a relaxed atmosphere, offered at a great price, you must have lunch or dinner at Steelhead diner, go now! I loved a salmon fillet cooked perfectly with sauteed kale, roasted almonds and a few prunes sitting on a bed of creamy polenta. It was extraordinary, as was the pumpkin cheesecake. All this is coming from a New Yorker who knows his way around great food. From the jovial manager who greeted me and suggested the heated outdoor seating, to the server who was attentive, charming and beyond helpful, the atmosphere here can't be beat if you're looking for a not stuffy restaurant that loves serving inventive, great food and memorable experiences in a great setting.Special Features:
- Ok, Not Great This TimeKootenayFoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014We've been to Steelhaed before and had a great time and meal so we decided to go back. The service was fine so there was no problems there and I really did like the clam chowder, I thought it was really good. I really didn't enjoy the olive crusted halibut. Probably an error on my part for ordering it. There were other things on the menu I was going to try and probably should have in this case.
- Memorable experienceDowntownDined on 10/7/2014I had been to the bar many times but never for dinner. Food was delicious and service great. If the pricing was just a bit lower I'd be a regular. I'll save it for special occasions. I had clients in from out of town with so it was an awesome choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtayVIPDined on 10/4/2014Black cod is fantastic and there is a whole lot of crab in their crab cakes. Point to consider, their "side dishes" are huge. We got the cauliflower and while delicious wasore than we could eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KW Mill CreekKWFriendsDined on 10/3/2014Food was exceptional in the heart of the Pike Street Market area.Special Features:
- Excellent Cod and SalmonBeaChicagoDined on 9/26/2014I had the black cod and my husband had salmon. They both were excellent! Had some kind of crumble for dessert. Very good. Waiters are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy repeat customerFllFoodieDined on 9/25/2014I come here every time I visit Seattle and always recommend to my friends to visit - love the Halibut and for sure will be back for more!Special Features:
- DisappointedLoloDined on 9/13/2014We eat at the Steelhead often and the last two times have been disappointing. It's very loud!!!So eating inside is not funif you want to talk. Outside we were inundated with small bugs in our wine, beer....and the waiter seemed indifferent ..." I can bring you a napkin to put over the glasses ".
- Great Service & FoodJpaulseattle1Dined on 9/11/2014Had the special, it was excellent! Staff was very helpful and the dining experience was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceNorthenderDined on 9/10/2014I've been here before and have take a couple of groups of people from out of town. The food has always been excellent with a variety of choices. Everyone in my group loved their seafood dishes.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchMi55CurryDined on 8/29/2014I've had the chicken and andouille gumbo and the razor clam chowder - both excellent! I also thoroughly enjoyed the watermelon salad with hazelnuts and lavender goat cheese. Staff is friendly and attentive. It's a lively, fun place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual greatness--downtownseaVIPDined on 8/28/2014We live nearby and often come here. It's a bit pricey, but generally worth it. I often order their more moderately priced happy hour special meal. This time, the special was a cold tomato soup and grilled sockeye. The cold tomato soup was quite nasty--tasteless. I had a few spoonfuls and passed it to my husband, who agreed that it was not good. The salmon was fine but nothing special. This meal was certainly not up to the standard that we've found here before. I hope it's just a one-time aberration.Special Features:
- OutOfTownerVIPDined on 8/26/2014we arrived for an early reservation and were seated promptly. but no waitstaff got the word, and we had to flag someone down after quite a wait. however, once we had a waitress service was good and the food was delicious. they did offer a free dessert because of the mix upSpecial Features:
- Dinner with firendsGDCRDined on 8/26/2014I was in Seattle with a couple buddies, one request was to have a nice seafood dinner. I remember eating at the diner a year or so ago and remember it being very nice. We went for dinner before a ball game, we were seated outside and the great service began. we were never without a drink or food and everything was excellent. My friend who'd wanted the seafood dinner was very pleased with his selection. A very good experience overall again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True to their wordLightfootDined on 8/22/2014Our reservations were honored without delay. Our waitress was very personable and knowledgeable about the food and beverage offerings. The food was very good. We were there for a reunion and did to feel rushed at all. I would recommend this without reservation (pun intended!)
- One of the BestFrostyMugDined on 8/12/2014Our reservation was honored without any difficulties, the service was excellent, and the food was memorable. An excellent choice when visiting Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a bit disappointed.WeavyDined on 8/8/2014I was looking forward to our dining experience here, but was just a bit disappointed. I could have done some things to make it better, but kept thinking the experience was going to turn the corner. It started when we were seated next to a large party doing a rehearsal dinner in a tiny booth with zero leg room despite other table being readily available. Maybe a small course correction on my part could have saved the evening, but I was with others and held my tongue. Our waitress was poorly educated on the menu and not very organized in managing her tables. Then the cardinal sin for me, she never checked in with us after the dinner was delivered, but brought the check out before we were done. Dessert? No, lets just get out of here.
- Good findHuskerFishDined on 8/6/2014Solid last-minute Friday night spot for a group of 4 adults and 5 kids. Very good salmon and cod that night.Special Features:
- Great night!JenrodDined on 7/31/2014We had a great time at Steelhead. The meal was great and the service was amazing!! I'll eat at this place again when I visit Seattle again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1591 reviews are from the Steelhead Diner reviews archive.
- Adjacent to Pike's MarketTallyGirlDined on 7/23/2014I think it was our server's first day on the job so disregard the service rating. Food was excellent. Great place to get out of the crowds at the Market for a civilized lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchAmyKDined on 7/21/2014I met a friend here for lunch and ordered my usual chicken and Andouille gumbo. It is consistent so I knew I would enjoy it. Although right next door to Rachel's Ginger Beer in the market, they don't offer her sodas on their menu. We didn't drink alcohol since it was early in the day but opted for lemonade which tasted fresh, not out of a bottle. Overall a satisfactory meal and I chose it for the prime location rather than the culinary aspect of the menu.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemRRalstonDined on 7/18/2014When I want to meet up with friends this is the go to spot now. Consistently good food, good service and we all leave feeling happy.Special Features:
- Second time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/18/2014Had lunch with family three months ago (April) and was happy with the decision. Friday evening at 7pm for dinner? Not so much. Long wait, even with a reservation. Inattentive staff, three wrong orders attempting to be served, and one of our party didn't get their meal until we asked three times while the remainder of the entrees had already been served (20 mins prior). 1 for 1 so far, but I always give a place the average of three tries prior to complete dismissal. So, they'll get one more chance at Steelhead, wish them luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great client lunchFredDined on 7/15/2014I took two very good clients to lunch and the food and service were awesome as usual. Never had a bad lunch or dinner here!
- OUTSTANDING FOOD...KBayVIPDined on 7/15/2014The Razor Clam Chowder was "out of this world" delicious, so glad that we made the effort to find the restaurant AND order their super clam chowder. We also tried the "Cubano" sandwich, which was delicious! The strawberry shortcake dessert was also superb. I met an old friend for lunch there with much effort on our parts ( I was visiting from Hawaii and she had to catch the bus up from Tacoma ). We agreed that we would love to drag our husbands to the Steelhead Diner because we think that the men would love the food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serious GlitchFoodBeaDined on 7/14/2014I've been a regular patron of Steelhead Diner since it first opened and it's been one of my first choices when entertaining out-of-town guests. Steelhead is quintessential Seattle dining. My one quibble would be that service has always been at best uneven, but forgivable due to atmosphere and food. My last meal at Steelhead was seriously disappointing, and has me questioning when I will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Good food but nothing special. Great location if out around Pike Market, but no view from the patio.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I had great expectations about Steelhead but was a bit disappointed. I had the fish and chips which at $20 were a bit pricey for being so run of the mill. The food was ok but did not live up to the hype and price. Someone into group got the fish stew and it was on the bland side and overbooked.
- Overal good experienceybhseattleDined on 7/10/2014the restaurant was very busy. all of our meals were very tastie and served hot, but with seven people at the table, each meal was delivered seperately. the manager offered to buy our desserts. I would definately return as the food was good, the kitchen was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.