Steel Restaurant & Lounge
950 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Steel Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steelatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4044776111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Edison Lin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our food is beautiful for parties. Whether a tray of sushi, full menu, or a martini bar set-up, Steel is first class all the way!
- Special Events: Great venue for private parties! Beautiful private space!
- Public Transit: MARTA directions: Exit off the Midtown Station. Head towards Peachtree Place, and take a RIGHT when leaving the station. The walk is about half a block, and you will see our red "S" logo waving on the black flag above our front door.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: FREE PARKING in our parking lot. Imagine- Midtown Atlanta and hassle free parking!!
A word from Steel Restaurant & Lounge
A chic and upscale Indo-Chine restaurant located in front of the Midtown Plaza, offers a unique variety of Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Korean cuisine. Also offering a private dining room for up to sixty (60) people. We also have an award winning wine list, house specialty cocktails, and fresh fish, ranging from Uni to Octopus Sashimi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steel Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (18)good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The sushi was not the best ever. However, it wasn't uneatable.
- Tower me overCrabbyDined on 8/15/2014The sushi I always great here. My favorite is the Tuna Tower Starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingluv2dineDined on 8/14/2014The experience from start to finish was amazing. From making a reservation to the dining experience, my waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- wasn't as good as i want it to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The food wasn't as good, kind of a let down, the chicken satay was overly sweet with dryness, the spicy shrimp noodles was ok....the hot and sour soup was not good, way too sour, the miso soup want good, the shaken beef was good but the fried rice that came with it was too wet, it was like eating super wet rice which is not good in my book. Then came the server, she wasnt the best server... kind of really took her time on everything... im not expecting her to wait on hand and foot for me... but she kind of just left us there, like we werent even there... kind of disappointing..Special Features:
- steel luncheonbonnieDined on 8/4/2014the food was great as usual, however, the service wasn't the best this go round!....have definitely had better serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful843galDined on 7/31/2014Visiting in ATL and found this place down the street from our hotel. Great food, sushi and service. Pricing was very reasonable. Enjoy-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchSpartanSocialiteDined on 7/29/2014I had colleagues in town and we were meeting with a client and so I made reservations here as I live nearby but had only been to Steele for dinner. Chase, our waiter, was helpful and gave great recommendations and the food was fantastic. Particularly the edamame potstickers. The Bento Box was a perfect choice for lunch--great size and variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steel is a strong contenderWayneDined on 7/26/2014Great food and very attentive service. The menu is very unique and is unlike anything else in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great in town diningIanDealDined on 7/19/2014Steel has a great menu, mix of sushi, fish, beef and chicken. Always interesting, always god.
- Never ceases to impressbrownshuga24Dined on 7/16/2014I've visited Steel on several occasions. My absolute favorite item on the menu is the Strawberry Fields sushi roll. It's a must-have. It has cream cheese, avocado, crab (imitation), and sweet/tangy slice of strawberry atop. Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands Down!SushiDined on 7/11/2014Didn't know what to expect from sushi in GA...since I'm from the west coast and accustomed to fresh seafood from the Pacific. Steel's sushi is in my top 10 for sure. Loved sitting at the sushi bar. The tuna tower was amazing and the sizzling rock steak! Staff was great too...I will be back on my next trip to GA for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around goodnessKelanbriDined on 7/10/2014The food was thoughtful and masterful. The service was genuine and enthusiastic, but not overbearing. We had an amazing experience all around.Special Features:
- Bwparker26Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent food and service ... Miles and chuck the managers are fantastic as well as Molly our waitress.. Consistent service, pleasurable experience, wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:
- Totally Worth It!DeeVahDined on 7/3/2014Enjoyed noodle bowls, sushi, and sake. Everything was delicious! The servers, manager, and other Steel employees stopped by our table and welcomed us, made sure we had everything we needed, and shared wonderful conversation. The Strawberry Fields roll, alone, was worth the visit. DELICIOUS! We thoroughly enjoyed the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gr8 Place for Lunch!dabbo426Dined on 7/3/20141st time at Steel and must admit, it took a few minutes for someone to come to wait on us, but once it was decided who our waiter was, the service was outstanding, we couldn't get them away from us...i had the bento box, didn't think it would be filling, but i was completely wrong...service, food and drink was outstanding!!!!...looking forward to going back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealDecentVIPDined on 6/28/2014Let me start by saying the tuna tower is a reason I will continue to patronize Steel. It's just really good. The sushi is another reason. I think their rolls are fresh and innovative and their nigiri is top-notch. A bonus to my dining experience was our server, Mollie. She is friendly, knowledgable, and efficient. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Yum...Tuna Tower is a must!Arruss1VIPDined on 6/27/2014Perfect late lunch spot. Quiet setting among few diners with very tasty food and friendly attentive service. Highly recommend the tuna tower. The grilled Mahi Mahi with roasted corn, edamame, and fried rice was equally superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!StylemakerDined on 6/27/2014Every time we have been to this restaurant it gets better and better. The food and the service is outstanding. Atmosphere is warm and welcoming. It is a must on your list to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!!!Prince7610Dined on 6/26/2014This is my second time eating here, and I loved it! I've eaten here a few times here now with my girlfriend. It's a must for everytime we come up to Atlanta. Amazing food and outstanding service! Make this a must for the next time you eat out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of disappointed -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Good but not great food - potsticker appetizer was horrible - we sent it back ;(. Waitress was great but disappointed in "feel" of the place, atmosphere too standard, not very cozy or private -I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/28/2014My fiance and I dine at Steel weekly, and always receive impeccable service from Miles and Michi.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local FavoriteTheScorpionVIPDined on 5/21/2014I often have lunch at Steel for business meetings. It has the perfect menu and ambiance for it. Chuck is always highly attentive and extremely gracious. This particular occasion was a dinner event for my team and we all had a perfectly lovely evening. I have also used their beautiful Wine Room for a private party of 30 and will be doing so again next month.Special Features:
- Slow servicemkchangeDined on 5/12/2014The original service was so slow it left a bad taste through the rest of the meal. It doesn't make you feel good when the waiter waits 10 minutes to come take the first drink order.
- All SmilesAngelDined on 5/9/2014To actually have a restaurant with a wait staff as friendly as those who worked at Steel is rare. Smiles and acknowledgments, I found I was quite comfortable at both.the bar and my table. My server, was very friendly, and very much available when needed and attentive when not. Despite the noise level, which was very annoying,and the tight quarters, I enjoyed my meal. The Honey Teriyaki Salmon was cooked perfection, the crab rangoons were delectable, the lobster fritters however were...different. Tasting more of cream cheese, than as though there was lobster in them. I wouldn't order them again. Other than that, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Went there on a business lunch with a group of 4. Enjoyed the food very much, and it's a great value. Also, great service to allow getting in and out during a lunchtime rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodxstkimDined on 5/5/2014Has great food and a free parking (rare in midtown). The server was very friendly. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and MemorableTrySomethingNewDined on 5/3/2014Came here for my husbands birthday with another couple and even though it happened to be prom night and there was a bachelorette party and private party of 50 during our dinner the experience was awesome! We had an amazing waitress, Molly who totally knew her wines and foods and was fun, attentive and genuine. The food was great and lots of things I'd like to go bak to try too. I'd recommend this to anyone. It's not inexpensive but worth the price when all the little things come together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than SushiYummDined on 5/3/2014Great service, with a menu that is much more than the standard Sushi rolls. Took other reviews advice and tried the Tower of Tuna and was not disappointed. Will gladly add my voice to theirs in recommending it.Special Features:
- superteddyVIPDined on 5/2/2014excellent food not your typical asian place. would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 643 reviews are from the Steel Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Nice place to meet with friendsandydDined on 4/26/2014This is a great place if you have friends that like all sorts of different foods,but also wanna go out to a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steel reviewRedFloweDined on 4/25/2014This is a must. This is a total experience restaurant. The food is the best of its type in Atlanta but you can also add into it an amazingly enjoyable experience. The staff have been brilliantly trained. You will feel as if you are the VIP guest, the most important table in the house. Do not miss this restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!LexiconerDined on 4/19/2014On Thursday I needed reservations for 7 on Saturday AND at a specific time. I found Steel had reservations available at 7:30. Perfect! When I needed to add an additional person on Saturday morning, Zack was most polite and accommodating to add our 8th. To my delight, the setting was beautiful, the food was creative, delicious, and reasonably priced (two $'s of four), the service was readily available but not cloying. We were seated in a huge booth that somehow kept everyone close enough for conversation, but gave us plenty of elbow room. Lemongrass chicken, Teriaki Salmon, the seabass and more were all perfectly prepared. Oh! And there is free parking adjacent to the restaurant! We could not have been happier with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JeffDined on 4/18/2014We visited Atlanta to see out son who recently began a new job there. We happened upon Steel for a Friday night dinner out and were all thoroughly pleased wwith the entire experiennce.Special Features:
- GREAT!leahzainDined on 4/18/2014The food was great! The service was outstanding. The ambiance was amazing. My quests were impressed overall.Special Features:
- Midtown MagicMoosieVIPDined on 4/16/2014If the secret to restaurant success is consistency, then owner Chuck is spot on at Steel! My tastebuds are always pleased and know exactly what to expect when I order one of my many favorites from the menu. Service is impeccable and it is always a pleasure to bring someone new to enjoy my favorite Midtown restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014Excellent atmosphere and the food and presentation of it were fantastic! Loved Chilean sea bass!Special Features:
- excellent meal and servicetsterDined on 3/28/2014needed a restaurant close to the fox and we chose Steel. great varied menu, wonderful service and excellent wine list.not rushed thru our meal and was able to park for free! what could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitsushilover1Dined on 3/24/2014this was my first visit to steel; lunch with a good friend. it was very good and service was good as well. i will point out that the dishes were dirty that we received (water glasses and silverware) and i had to request new ones. the bento box with tempura shrimp was very good though. all in all, i would visit again.Special Features:
- The Tuna Tower is the best!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/22/2014The Tuna Tower is the best!! Also loved the chicken pot stickers and the crab rangoon. If you like cooked food, the crispy beef is delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was average and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014The food was average and the service was subpar. First, the waiter was not knowledgable about the menu but then tried to tell me how I should eat my dish. Then they brought out the wrong soup for my husband, took half an hour to bring out dessert because they burned the first order, and finally forgot to bring out the sake we ordered until they were reminded and ultimately brough it with the check. After all that, they didn't offer to comp us for anything or try to make amends in any way. Am not planning to go back nor would I recommend to anyone.