Steel and Rye
95 Eliot Street
Milton, MA 02186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Steel and Rye
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://steelandrye.com/
- Phone: 6176902787x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday
Bar & Lounge 4:30 PM – 11:00 PM
Dining Room 4:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Sunday Brunch 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Friday – Saturday
Bar & Lounge 4:30 PM – 12:00 AM
Dining Room 4:30 PM – 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Parsons
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Steel and Rye
Steel & Rye is a restaurant and bar that features locally-sourced and regionally-inspired fare in a loft-style warehouse space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Steel and Rye - Best Restaurants in Milton ›
Steel and Rye reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)neighborhood gem (123)vibrant bar scene (83)special occasion (82)hot spot (74)good for groups (67)great for outdoor dining (62)romantic (40)great for brunch (40)notable wine list (38)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (12)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Awesome placeSmitshDined on 10/19/2014This place is great for dinner and we just went for brunch and had the best eggs Benedict as well! So seems great for brunch too! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailQuietdinerDined on 10/18/2014The menu is varied and the food is consistent. The four of us enjoyed our meal and unrushed time together. Devon, our server, was assigned to our table. She has been our server each time we have gone and we enjoy her a lot.Special Features:
- Has a lot of potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014The atmosphere, the location and the menu are all there for this restaurant to be fantastic but unfortunately the food and service hold it back. My meal of duck ham was bland and tough with the vegetables swimming in the juices of the duck making them taste greasy. The servers were pleasant but very slow to bring additional water, drinks, and even the check. This is one of the restaurants you want to love and keep going back to but its hard to justify based on the food.Special Features:
- This was a wonderful findLibbbyDined on 10/12/2014My son was visiting from New York and picked this restaurant for the 4 of us. He really reads about restaurants quite a bit before deciding. We live 40 minutes west of Boston. This was so worth it.. Will go again and tell my friends. Such a great varied menu.Special Features:
- Deja Vu at Steel & RyeChewintItUpDined on 10/11/2014My wife & I decided to head back to Steel & Rye after a conference we had attended. We made our reservation and wondered what our second time at Steel & Rye was going to be like this round. Funny enough, we were seated at the same table that we were given our first time around 2 months ago. Even funnier was that the waitress who served us our first time around, who was training at the time, was again our waitress and now a full-on waitress. It was definitely a deja vu experience that evening. The food was appropriately portioned and delicious. The ambiance was great and the environment was energetic. It was a fun evening all around.Special Features:
- Setting the bar highOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Steel and Rye is a terrific neighborhood restaurant with exceptional service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steel and RyeCAPECRUSADERDined on 10/9/2014Food was prepared well and tasted good. Service was fantastic. Really nice inside. If I return I would sit bar side, order lots of appetizers and a burger!Pasta was tasty but very small portions. Other plates that passed by looked delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HildaVIPDined on 10/8/2014Love to come here for any occasion. Great combination of flavors.Special Features:
- Relaxed and classyDotFoodieDined on 10/7/2014The atmosphere is classy and relaxing at the same time. Hosts are welcoming and helpful and the wait staff is experienced. And what really counts is the food & wine was fabulous. Dinner was a celebration for my husbands birthday but we'll definitely return for a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great environmentLMagsDined on 10/5/2014Located out of my normal areas, I was happy I ventured out to Steel & Rye. The food was well worth it and the cocktails are to die for. The restaurant is designed with a sleek industrial feel. A lot of open space preventing any tight quarters and allowing the opportunity for large groups to meet. Staff is super friendly. Brunch was delicious too! I loved the biscuit. This is definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I joined 2 other couples for Steel & Rye's Sunday Brunch. We all ordered quite a variety of dishes and cocktails. Excellent Bloody's and a wide variety of brunch entrees to select from. Some brunch standards and also some very creative original brunch entrees. We all enjoyed ours tremendously. Service was very friendly and efficient also. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for MiltonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014Not many options in the Milton, MA area. This provides a nice dining experience in a hip space for those in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Awesome ambiance, delicious food - can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over -the-top for food and servicehowgoodwasit123Dined on 9/30/2014One of the best meals I've ever had, from appetizers to desserts. The chef is obviously creative and a risk-taker and it all pays off. The service is a key feature of the place: attentive without being intrusive. The prices I found to be prohibitive for frequent visits. All in all, though, a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect dinning experiancePosidenDined on 9/28/2014A must for anyone who wants to really enjoy a dinning experience with a loved one. Fun exciting atmosphere, hostess couldn't have been any more professional with a personality that you've been friends for life. Service staff was always near by to answer any questions. Drinks and food were excellent fresh and edgy. Constantly changing menu keeps me coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014My boyfriend and I came to Steel and Rye for the first time last weekend for brunch. The service was superb, the food was unbelievable and the prices were very reasonable (coming from the city it was practically a bargain). Farm to table cuisine has never tasted so good. We will be back to try their dinner menu for sure!Special Features:
- Not up to past standardsPapaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Sometimes things are not quite right Service slow and not attentive Food flavoring boring and small plates should be called meager platesSpecial Features:
- menu75785548Dined on 9/26/2014Menu is limited, no soups, no decent salad, pricy for what you get. A once in awhile restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Tell AnyoneIAMultrapickyDined on 9/24/2014.... outside of the immediate area about this terrific place, because it has already been discovered -- big time -- by the locals, and I want to be able to get in the door again some night soon. My first visit (it was so packed the last two times I tried that I gave up ... but going thru Open Table solves that) and it is all that it has been cracked up to be. Love menu/cocktails/staff and trendy industrial vibe that looks super cool. Chef Parson's way with fish is noteworthy, and my cheesecake mousse dessert was really creative and delicious. Free valet parking for those who don't trust the streets. A find !Special Features:
- Lovely BrunchMimiDined on 9/21/2014We took my son who goes to nearby Curry College to Sunday Brunch. We had a very nice meal in a very nice environment. Service was pleasant but timing needs some tweaking. We sat a little too long before our order was taken and my French toast was cold when delivered. Took more time to flag waiter but they were happy to warm up this dish. Then took a while for a new plate to arrive. But overall everyone enjoyed the meal and we would definitely give this restaurant another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite "Outside of Boston" placeGoodfoodieDined on 9/21/2014We've never, ever been anything but happy and satisfied dining at S&R. Fantastic food, great service, cool vibe - and all in Milton! Everything is delicious, creative and just good tasting. Drinks are refreshing (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). Servers are cool but not too cool for school. Attentive and knowledgeable. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvitalianstyleDined on 9/20/2014It was great to finally try Chris Parsons' new restaurant. We were regular customers at Catch in Winchester so we were eager to see what Steel and Rye was all about. While a vast space and many more diners compared to the prior place, the attention to detail and the service were consistent. Mussels as prepared at Catch were delicious. The salads were fresh. The grilled Cape Cod Flounder was very fresh as were the creamed corn and sugar snap peas. The basil oil was a nice touch, but the cashews didn't seem to quite work. Overall we were treated well by Chris, his new partner Dan and our waitress Dara. We wish them all the best and look forward to a return visit, when we hope to sit at the kitchen bar like we used to at Catch.Special Features:
- Not my favoriteluvstxVIPDined on 9/17/2014People love steel and rye but I'm not one of them. I have given it three tries now but I just find the menu too complicated with too many ingredients I've never heard of. Guess I'm showing my age but I just don't enjoy the food. The ambiance is fun especially knowing that it used to be an ambulance garage!
- it was sosoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Waiter was not very attentive, nor well informed. Tuna tartare wasn't all that great. Entrees came out at different times, wait staff seemed very inexperienced and a bit spacey.Special Features:
- Decor is all that's good hereLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/14/2014Decor is beautiful, amazing job on the design. Food was terrible and overpriced for what we got. Ordered steak which came in 4 or 5 pieces, smothered in onions, cheese and veg to the point I had to search to find the steak. And that's what I got for $34. The ninety-nine probably has a better steak.
- The BombYahnDined on 9/12/2014Love this place. I can't say enough about it. I love the food every time I go & they always have something new that I haven't tried before. It is expensive but I thoroughly enjoy my dining experience every time I go. I have been here about 8 times over the past year.Special Features:
- Happy anniversaryheyrobertdavisDined on 9/12/2014I booked a table at Steel and Rye to have an anniversary dinner with my wife. I didn't mention that it was our anniversary when booking, but did mention it when I arrived. My waitress helped by getting oysters, fried olives and a bottle of Sancerre to the table before my wife arrived... and the service was exemplary during the entire meal, with waitress, bus-person (?) and a roving host all stopping by to keep things tip-top. Food was delicious - cod for my wife, pasta for me. We ordered a dessert (de-constructed snickers - delicious and really interesting) only to find that the house brought us complimentary glasses of prosecco and a little lemon souffle to split. I was stuffed! Great meal all around.Special Features:
- Consistently good.BigLouDined on 9/12/2014I can always count on a good dining experience and I choose this place to bring my visitors. Best restaurant in Milton MA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014never knew this local gem, open for 2 years, was hidden here in Milton Lower Falls; great service, very good food... thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovediningout!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Had a great dinner. Food was delicious. The ambiance is very interesting. My only negative was the waitress stayed on one side of the table taking our orders. She was not able to hear myself and the person sitting on the opposite side. The waitress should have came over to the our side of the table. We had to repeat ourselves several times. It was very annoying. It happened every time we ordered.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseeat2liveDined on 9/7/2014Found this place biking by it one day. Went with my parents and girlfriend. Great service - really great setting - cross between industrial and artsy, fabulous bar and amazing locally source food. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Consistently fabulous!gloriaDined on 9/6/2014Steel & Rye is just a class act overall. Great energy, super wait staff and creative food design and implementation every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GMD47VIPDined on 9/6/2014Very eclectic interior with lots of reclaimed wood, steel and lights. The young woman who greeted us was friend and showed us to our table promptly as soon as it was ready. The service is excellent as each section has a number of servers that work as a team to get you more water, drinks and whatever else you need. The only down side was the food. The carne asada was tasty but not hot enough, the bib salad was excellent while the various appetizers we tried were either good or bad. The fried olives and homemade potato chips were disappointing while the lamb meatballs were very good.next time I will avoid the things we did not like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steel & Rye never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014We love this restaurant. From an anything but ho-hum brunch to a great burger to delicious pastas to succulent meats, Steel & Rye has it all. Also, amazing bread with salted butter and desserts that are definitely worth the calories. Plus, a great staff and a beautiful space.Special Features:
- Dinner at S&RhungryIDined on 9/6/2014The hamburger was good but not a best buy at $16. Bread (anadama?) not particularly tasty. The pasta dish was very good. I had my mouth all set for squash blossoms with ricotta but that was no longer on the menu even though it was on the website. Cappuccino was very good. Did not have room for dessert. I've been to S&R for drinks and appetizers which I found quite good. I'll have to try the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedSept4birthdayDined on 9/4/2014We chose S & R for my 50th birthday and was underwhelmed. Service was outstanding but the food was not what I expected. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't memorable for the right reasons. The blueberry cobbler was creative but not in a better way than the traditional method. It tasted like Sugar Pops were crushed on it. The Carne Asada was good but I have certainly had better at other places. Ceviche was good but again, have had better.Special Features:
- Excellentfood4thoughtDined on 8/30/2014We had a great evening with delicious food, great wine, attentive service and an electric atmosphere. It was packed for a good reason! I especially loved the decor...it is amazing to think this was the Fallon Ambulance headquarters at one time. This is the place to be on a Saturday night without the hassle of going into Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014The celebration on Saturday evening of two 39th wedding anniversaries was a delight for the four of us. Everything was perfect. Many thanks to Dan for his gesture of kindness to our party. You can be sure we'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Not So Great PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service but the prices are rather high. Pretty small portions for the amount of money that they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeNEEMSVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great meal in a rustic inspired space. Make reservations early as Steel and Rye was packed on a Thursday night. The scallops, tuna and carne asada were all fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.