Steamers of Pismo
1601 Price Street
Pismo Beach, CA 93449Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Steamers of Pismo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steamerspismobeach.com/
- Phone: 8057734711
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Danna Vachal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: John Smith 8057734711
- Entertainment: Live Music from great local singers Thursday's, Friday's, & Saturday's
A word from Steamers of Pismo
Anchored atop the bluffs of Pismo Beach you'll discover Steamers of Pismo. Steamers is reelin' in only the finest coastal cuisine featuring fresh seafood, pasta, and McLintocks steaks. Sumptuous sauces and eclectic flavor combinations make every menu choice a favorite. Enjoy our signature steamed clams or award-winning clam chowder before trying one of our enticing daily specials. We feature an extensive wine list that includes many local favorites, as well as some unexpected surprises. The creative children’s menu is sure to please even the most finicky diner. Our panoramic view of the Pacific coastline offers unforgettable scenes of the historic Pismo Beach Pier, playful dolphins and migrating whales. Outstanding service, truly memorable food, and spectacular views are the catch of the day at Steamers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Steamers of Pismo - Best Restaurants in Pismo Beach ›
Steamers of Pismo reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (89)special occasion (45)romantic (36)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (2)Show More
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service were wonderful, with the wait staff being particularly attentive to my food requirements. Beautiful view of the sunset over the ocean.Special Features:
- Good food with a great viewMillerbeachfamDined on 8/22/2014Our table was readily available at our reservation time. We were able to snag a booth with a large window and ocean view. The service was good. Our server was clearly new but other staff were available and very helpful even though it was a Saturday night and quite busy. Bleu cheese filet was small for a 9oz but tasty. Best part of the meal was the bread pudding. Best we've had. Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood overlooking PismoJsprague56VIPDined on 8/20/2014I found Steamers through Open Table and had a very nice meal. The staff were gracious and helpful and I really appreciate the local wine selections ON TAP!Special Features:
- Food-!!FoodLocaldudeDined on 8/17/2014Service was good but SLOW. Food was tasty but heavy deep frying--to much for the clam strips and scallops. The fish was okay. The choices on the menu were not as many as we expected I have gone there since it opened in the 70's with family and friends. The views are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and foodDarleneVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food here is delicious. I have visited before. Try to reserve a table by a window. Service is tops. My only complaint would be the noise level. Forget a nice conversational atmosphere.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014The view of the beach and ocean and great and can be seen from most tables. The food is good but perhaps not great. There were four of us and all of us had fish in one form or another and were all pleased with out entrees. Service was good also. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Poor service, average mealW1neL0verVIPDined on 8/12/2014We ad to ask for water twice. We Had to ask to have the wine opened twice. We had to ask for wine glasses twice. We never received any butter after asking twice. We never received any steamers that were supposed to be on top of the calamari. It was pretty obvious that our server was more worried about his tip from two larger parties to take care of us.Special Features:
- Special eveningYayaDined on 8/11/2014Holly is very knowledgable about the food, esp. fish. Appreciate her making my experience at Steamers so special! Had the Seabass-yummy! Nice that we can now make reservations online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionObjectiveCriticDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary. It was the perfect place as we sat next to the window over seeing the ocean and watch the sunset. Perfect.Special Features:
- Solid food and nice wineMarlaPRDined on 8/7/2014We have stopped here twice driving up the coast and have always loved the view of the ocean, friendly service and fresh fish!Special Features:
- Don't go on the weekend...birthdaybummerDined on 8/2/2014We made reservations for Saturday evening. The food was good but the service was horrible. The restaurant was packed. We were so close to the table beside us half of our party was getting up the entire dinner to let the people from the other table out to use the restroom and order drinks from the bar. They had to go to the bar and order their own drinks because our server was so busy. I felt so bad for our server as it was not his fault and I know he was doing he best he could. We were there to celebrate my birthday but the service, cramped table, and loud environment ruined the celebration. No one in my family will return to Steamers and I am so sad because I do enjoy the food but I can't blame them, it was a pretty horrible night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014It took almost an hour to get our food. My girlfriends and I went into the bar to get a shot because our food was taking forever to get and the bartender told us the manger cut us off.!!! We are in our 50's and just having some fun while we patiently waited for our food. I had a beer at the table.. When I asked her about it she denied it. It was terrible.
- Perfect ChoiceLcomeda2Dined on 8/2/2014We had a party of six plus one that jumped in at the last minute, the staff was friendly, our table was ready right on our arrival, the view was spectacular. We had a schedule to keep and were pleased to not run late. The food was good, especially the clam chowder. The bread pudding was GREAT.Special Features:
- Great view, decent foodMoMoDined on 7/30/2014Took the family here last week mid-week. Had a nice table by the window and our server was great. Only real complaint was my $30 ahi tuna portion was probably about half the size I expected (about 8 slices or so). Felt the portion could have been a little bigger for what I paid. Otherwise the other items ordered were fine and tasted good.Special Features:
- It was okErlozanoDined on 7/28/2014The service and location was great. We had a great view of the ocean & saw the sunset in the evening. The food on the other hand was a different story. I ordered oysters & my first 3 came out great, so I decided to order 3 more. When the second set came out, they delivered them not on ice & with no lemon slices. My sea bass was over cooked and my husbands mashed potatoes were undercooked. Since we had so many food errors, the waiter did comp our desserts & coffee. The one thing I do recommend is there pudding bread a la mode. That was probably the one thing that made things ok. So go for the view & service & order something easy. We wished it was better, especially since it was our anniversary, but it wasn't the end of the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!embryantDined on 7/27/2014Great food and service. Very accommodating. Love the steamed clams!Special Features:
- KimmyDined on 7/26/2014Good and service not great Food very overpriced for the qualitySpecial Features:
- RobertDined on 7/22/2014Great location, friendly and attentive staff. Half off wine special was extra treat. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal.DublingirlDined on 7/17/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at this restaurant. They have many window tables with a great view of the Pacific Ocean. I had a Spanish Shrimp Cocktail for my appetiser which was one of the nicest shrimp cocktails I have had. My husband had Crab cakes which were also very good. My main course was Seafood Pasta which was jam packed with huge shrimp and scallops. My husband had a Pismo Platter which he enjoyed but felt there was too much fried food on the plate. It would have been better if one of the seafood items had been steamed or grilled to break up the slight monotony of fried flavour. All in all, an enjoyable meal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ocean view & service, ok foodTolucaLakeLocalDined on 7/15/2014My guy friend, who is a local, picked Steamers because of the great ocean view, however, he cautioned the food did not justify the price....and he is not a thrifty diner. Clams were tiny, watery tasteless broth, my breaded calamari was good - very light, but no flavor. It was on a bed of a few asparagus & some white (yuck!) sticky rice. Would have been nice to have wild rice or something a little healthier. My friend's Caesar salad was large, but nothing to brad about. Would have been nice to have been surprised with a dressing that knocked your socks off. Our waitress was great, friendly and made the dining experience fun. Also enjoyed our drinks and will probably revisit the bar because they were reasonably priced.Would give it try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and view!Dining29Dined on 7/11/2014This was our first visit for dinner. The food was very good, served hot and presented tastefully. Waiter was good. Our best experience has been for lunch. We have been here a number of times, driving from the Santa Ynez Valley. We love the view and always have a good food experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Central Coast GemSoCalSusanaDined on 7/10/2014Steamers has everything you would want from an Ocean View Seafood Restaurant. Excellent service, incredible views of the Pacific Ocean, great menu wth fresh fish selections (non fish items too) set in an atmosphere of causal elegance. Make sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best scenic view ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Thanks for sitting us at a table with the best view. Wonderful food. Have already recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Dinnertee2tableDined on 7/8/2014First time at this restaurant and the view was outstanding. We watched the whales while we dinned on the outstanding meal. Even bought a bottle of the dipping sauce to enjoy at home.Special Features:
- 2 Thumbs upLove2eatDined on 7/6/2014Food was delicious, ambience was nice, had a beautiful view of the ocean. Margaritas were the bomb! Waiter was great! We had a great experience dining here! Would definitely come back!Special Features:
- MediocreTweetypie1969Dined on 7/4/2014I have been here a couple times before when I've visited Pismo. The prior times the food & service was great, but this time was much different. The service was good initially but once our food arrived we did not see our waiter again until the bill. And unfortunately, the food was disappointing. I ordered the steamer clams which tasted good but they were super tiny. This is my favorite dishes and I have never seen steamers this little. We ordered coconut shrimp appetizer which had itty bitty shrimp too! My filet was cook perfectly but the meat was lacking in flavor and stringy with fat..ewwww! My mashed potatoes were luke warm which was a bummer. On a positive note, my son really liked his fish & chips. I wonder if there's new management?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great viewsmeg805Dined on 6/28/2014While the price may scare a few away, the taste and ambiance makes it all worth it. Great for a date night, family dinner, group event, etc. Had the seafood pasta and it was delicious with large shrimp, large scallops and they have a great selection of beers and wine.Special Features:
- Great Viewfinefoodlover50Dined on 6/23/2014The restaurant has a great view of the ocean from the window seats. I had the sea bass, which was slightly overcooked. However the mashed potatoes and vegetables were delicious. The portions were ample, but for $43, I expected the sea bass to be cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Service great but food so soCynbaz2Dined on 6/22/2014I thought my seafood platter was slightly overcooked. Hubby's steak meal was cooked correctly to order. Dessert was great.Special Features:
- WonderfulAllMichelleDined on 6/21/2014We were in town for a car show and had made reservations a month in advance. Got a wonderful table at the window with a fabulous view. Whales were constantly breaching and making our view even more spectacular. Our server was amazing. Food was perfect!!! Great night.Special Features:
- AnniversaryAnniversaryCoupleDined on 6/21/2014Amazing view. We even got to see a seal on the beach and a lot of whale activity out in the ocean. Food was also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Dinner EverSimbaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was outstanding, but the view was exceptional with humpback whales frolicking in the ocean the whole time we were there and they were near the beach. Wow Well worth itSpecial Features:
- GreatHungrymanDined on 6/20/2014The staff was friendly. They got us seated right on our reservation time. We had a view overlooking the ocean. The food was delicious and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new salmon!Winelover27VIPDined on 6/18/2014We had not been to Steamers in about a year. They've made a few changes to the menu, and the new salmon salad was fantastic! We also really enjoyed the clams appetizer - delicious!! Great special dessert - a caramel basket filled with an ice cream sundae.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top-notchNoneDined on 6/16/2014Excellent food and service. Can't beat the view! The restaurant saved an ocean views booth for me since I made a reservation ahead of time. I love stopping by for a glass of local wine and oysters on the half shell.Special Features:
- Disappointed w/one of my favoritesTSilverDined on 6/15/2014We have enjoyed Steamers on a few occasions when visiting Pismo. Our recent lunch visit was most unimpressive. The food was not bad, but not outstanding. Service, while very friendly, was extremely slow and not attentive as it has been in the past. We have not come for lunch before, so maybe we are just used to the service and dinner menu. The location and atmosphere is still top notch and very enjoyable. I hope our next visit will be back to the usual high expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamers feedbackOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Service was so-so, view was great. Food was disappointing. Overall, place needed a thorough cleaning.Special Features:
- Great Funsam2eatDined on 6/14/2014Even though it was Graduation Weekend, and there were several large - and loud - parties, the service and atmosphere was good. Interesting wine list with several flights and new wines to try. Always on our list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOOOOW ServiceDiningDocDined on 6/14/2014An understaffed kitchen and an overworked waiter was no match for Cal Poly graduation time. Our reservation was at 1:30 pm and they refused to seat us because 3 of our 8 in our group had not arrived. There were many open tables. My Mahi mahi portion was so small that my jaw dropped. For $18 I expected more than a 3"x 3" piece of fish. Instead of rice I opted for double vegetables so my plate was mostly vegi's. Many got the Seafood Platter and it was heavily breaded and inconsistently cooked. Some of the group that had it were happy and some were not. The view from the restaurant was a very nice stretch of Pismo beach with the pier off in the distance. Surfacing whales and playful dolphins could be seen just off shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grad Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner at steamers to celebrate my daughters graduation from Cal Poly. Our waitress was wonderful and very kind about the delay waiting for a few in our party who were stuck in traffic. She did an excellent job serving the 16 of us. Our bill was 850$ and with tip an even 1000$. The only negative was the hostess who made us feel less then wanted after our meal.. I believe her words to us as we were walking away were keep moving move along etc.. With a wave of her hand. It seemed unnecessary and rude after such a nice evening. My husband and I chose to ignore it at the time but her condescending attitude was less than the service I would expect from such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.