Steamers of Pismo
1601 Price Street
Pismo Beach, CA 93449Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Steamers of Pismo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steamerspismobeach.com/
- Phone: (805) 773-4711
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Danna Vachal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: John Smith 8057734711
- Entertainment: Live Music from great local singers Thursday's, Friday's, & Saturday's
A word from Steamers of Pismo
Anchored atop the bluffs of Pismo Beach you'll discover Steamers of Pismo. Steamers is reelin' in only the finest coastal cuisine featuring fresh seafood, pasta, and McLintocks steaks. Sumptuous sauces and eclectic flavor combinations make every menu choice a favorite. Enjoy our signature steamed clams or award-winning clam chowder before trying one of our enticing daily specials. We feature an extensive wine list that includes many local favorites, as well as some unexpected surprises. The creative children’s menu is sure to please even the most finicky diner. Our panoramic view of the Pacific coastline offers unforgettable scenes of the historic Pismo Beach Pier, playful dolphins and migrating whales. Outstanding service, truly memorable food, and spectacular views are the catch of the day at Steamers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Steamers of Pismo - Best Restaurants in Pismo Beach ›
Steamers of Pismo reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (64)special occasion (36)romantic (25)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)Show More
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Prices ridiculously high for the amount and quality of food. We won't be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014The restaurant has a gorgeous location on the beach. It is rather pricey for the quality of the food and the noise level was quite high. My husband's clam linguine was filled with broken clam shells, but the server did bring the manager to our table and he comped the meal. We have gone here for years and think our eaxperience may have been just a bad night and will try Steamers again.Special Features:
- Top Notch Service & FoodAaronL805Dined on 10/25/2014The food, atmosphere, and location was perfect. Service was great. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but not remarkableJimSDined on 10/25/2014The only thing exceptional about Steamers is the view. The service is adequate; what you should expect when paying $30+ for a plate of adequately prepared, standard-fare food. The menu is safely predictable; nothing jumps out as unique. With two entrees, two glasses of wine, one appetizer and one dessert the total came to just shy of $120. No WOW factor. Just adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheWayneddDined on 10/24/2014Food and atmosphere were great. The Grassy Bar oysters were the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewGregDined on 10/21/2014good food and service ... great ocean view at sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantPHTravelerDined on 10/18/2014We had an excellent dinner at Steamers. The location is terrific and the food really delicious. While on the expensive side and more than we usually pay for dinners (most selections are in the $20-$35 range), the servings are decent sized and the setting and food make the price seem well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but not outstandingLeGrooveVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had high expectations of finding great restaurants on our California Coast road-trip. Most were great, outstanding even. This one, not so much.... Clam chowder was wonderful, but the entrees had a very generic "Cheese-Cake Factory" flavor to them. Good, but nothing that thrilled the palette. Generous portions, but would prefer a meal that excited the tastebuds. Steamers is not bad, just good. Three stars, didn't have the heart to give them just two.Special Features:
- Terrific viewGinnySVIPDined on 10/12/2014Your first impression of the outside of the building is not the greatest, but inside it is modern & clean. They have a nice bar area and the dining room has a spectacular view of the ocean. Service was good. Menu for lunch is quite limited but everyone in our party was satisfied with their meal. Nothing spectacular but good food at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a great viewcarollVIPDined on 10/11/2014thanks to Open Table's recommendation, we had dinner at Steamers of Pismo Beach. What a great find. The steamers were a tasty appetizer and our entrees were just as tasty. The service was great and our waitperson had a lot of good recommendations. Because we had a reservation, we were seated promptly although there were folks waiting without reservations. Oh yes, the view from our window table was fabulous of the sun setting over the Pacific. We will be going back to Steamers again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveProcellpDined on 10/10/2014Steamers is a restaurant you don't want to miss. The atmosphere is casual, but the food is plated as if it were gourmet. My husband and I have begun going there whenever we are at the coast. The meals are always delicious and portions are large. We like to sit along the window. The view of the ocean as the sun sets is beautiful. The service is excellent, as well. We highly recommend Steamers as a place to enjoy your evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SumukuDined on 10/9/2014As usual with Open Table reservation, we were seated immediately. Best ribeye steak. Upon inquiry we learned new chef of about one year.Special Features:
- ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Clam Chowder was great! Ordered the Pismo Platter and it was so overdone i'm totally shocked and surprised that the food preparer would even serve it to a customer! Instead of each piece of fish being golden brown each piece was overdone dark brown. Kept my cool and didn't complain. I just won't go back here again!Special Features:
- Seafood affairJulesDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I traveled to Pismo Beach for a romantic anniversary weekend and made dinner reservations at Steamers. We sat at a booth with a window view of the pier and beautiful sunset! Our waiter was wonderful ... very professional, offering us his recommendations of menu items and we were not disappointed! Great restaurant with wonderful food and setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamers PismoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our son's 25th birthday at Steamers! We were seated at a window table overlooking the ocean and enjoyed a spectacular sunset! We started with a pound of steamed clams which were small, succulent, tender and sweet! The wine, lemon, herb broth was delicious! We dove in, along with the yummy pull apart bread. Two in our group got the bleu cheese filet which was cooked perfectly med. Rare. The meat was tender and delicious. Another had the Mahi Mahi which was cooked perfectly, light, flakey and delicious. I had the salmon cilantro salad which was huge! The salmon was grilled perfectly and delicious. We finished off our meal sharing Creme Brulle and bread pudding..yum! We would most definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food, spectacular viewMarianneDined on 9/23/2014Sat by the window overlooking the beautiful Pismo Beach~ spectacular. I ordered Calamari&Chips, my friend had Fish & Chips. I was expecting the usual calamari strips or rings but got a whole, beautiful steak, fork tender & cooked to perfection. The fries were crispy & delicious & the coleslaw made in house. My friend raved about her fish & chips as well & we both cleaned our plates. Service was friendly & attentive & we will definitely return!Special Features:
- Awesome!!PetergottmDined on 9/20/2014Great food the seafood fondue was great, the surf & turf was amazing & to top it off the Carmel basket was splendid! Really good service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for our familiesCAgirlDined on 9/19/20146 of us dined on Sept. 19 - 4 adults, 2 kids under 10. It was my best friend and my 51st birthdays, & none of us had dined here before. My friend's order was wrong, twice, however the restaurant went out of their way to make it up to us. The manager personally came out twice, and the waitress apologized profusely. They didn't make excuses, but made sure to do whatever it took to make it up to us. The food was GREAT, the view was GREAT, and the staff and manager were outstanding. When in the area again we will definitely visit.Special Features:
- Great Local SpotbeavisgeniusDined on 9/15/2014This was our second visit here. We love the steamed clams and I think we're going to start making this a regular spot for us to visit.Special Features:
- MediocreCeceDined on 9/8/2014Food was mediocre at best. Giving the restaurant a little slack, maybe we shouldn't have gone on a Monday.Would not recommend .Special Features:
- Very enjoyableVeganDined on 8/30/2014The food and service were wonderful, with the wait staff being particularly attentive to my food requirements. Beautiful view of the sunset over the ocean.Special Features:
- Good food with a great viewMillerbeachfamDined on 8/22/2014Our table was readily available at our reservation time. We were able to snag a booth with a large window and ocean view. The service was good. Our server was clearly new but other staff were available and very helpful even though it was a Saturday night and quite busy. Bleu cheese filet was small for a 9oz but tasty. Best part of the meal was the bread pudding. Best we've had. Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood overlooking PismoJsprague56VIPDined on 8/20/2014I found Steamers through Open Table and had a very nice meal. The staff were gracious and helpful and I really appreciate the local wine selections ON TAP!Special Features:
- Food-!!FoodLocaldudeDined on 8/17/2014Service was good but SLOW. Food was tasty but heavy deep frying--to much for the clam strips and scallops. The fish was okay. The choices on the menu were not as many as we expected I have gone there since it opened in the 70's with family and friends. The views are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and foodDarleneVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food here is delicious. I have visited before. Try to reserve a table by a window. Service is tops. My only complaint would be the noise level. Forget a nice conversational atmosphere.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014The view of the beach and ocean and great and can be seen from most tables. The food is good but perhaps not great. There were four of us and all of us had fish in one form or another and were all pleased with out entrees. Service was good also. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Poor service, average mealW1neL0verVIPDined on 8/12/2014We ad to ask for water twice. We Had to ask to have the wine opened twice. We had to ask for wine glasses twice. We never received any butter after asking twice. We never received any steamers that were supposed to be on top of the calamari. It was pretty obvious that our server was more worried about his tip from two larger parties to take care of us.Special Features:
- Special eveningYayaDined on 8/11/2014Holly is very knowledgable about the food, esp. fish. Appreciate her making my experience at Steamers so special! Had the Seabass-yummy! Nice that we can now make reservations online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionObjectiveCriticDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary. It was the perfect place as we sat next to the window over seeing the ocean and watch the sunset. Perfect.Special Features:
- Solid food and nice wineMarlaPRDined on 8/7/2014We have stopped here twice driving up the coast and have always loved the view of the ocean, friendly service and fresh fish!Special Features:
- Don't go on the weekend...birthdaybummerDined on 8/2/2014We made reservations for Saturday evening. The food was good but the service was horrible. The restaurant was packed. We were so close to the table beside us half of our party was getting up the entire dinner to let the people from the other table out to use the restroom and order drinks from the bar. They had to go to the bar and order their own drinks because our server was so busy. I felt so bad for our server as it was not his fault and I know he was doing he best he could. We were there to celebrate my birthday but the service, cramped table, and loud environment ruined the celebration. No one in my family will return to Steamers and I am so sad because I do enjoy the food but I can't blame them, it was a pretty horrible night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014It took almost an hour to get our food. My girlfriends and I went into the bar to get a shot because our food was taking forever to get and the bartender told us the manger cut us off.!!! We are in our 50's and just having some fun while we patiently waited for our food. I had a beer at the table.. When I asked her about it she denied it. It was terrible.
- Perfect ChoiceLcomeda2Dined on 8/2/2014We had a party of six plus one that jumped in at the last minute, the staff was friendly, our table was ready right on our arrival, the view was spectacular. We had a schedule to keep and were pleased to not run late. The food was good, especially the clam chowder. The bread pudding was GREAT.Special Features:
- Great view, decent foodMoMoDined on 7/30/2014Took the family here last week mid-week. Had a nice table by the window and our server was great. Only real complaint was my $30 ahi tuna portion was probably about half the size I expected (about 8 slices or so). Felt the portion could have been a little bigger for what I paid. Otherwise the other items ordered were fine and tasted good.Special Features:
- It was okErlozanoDined on 7/28/2014The service and location was great. We had a great view of the ocean & saw the sunset in the evening. The food on the other hand was a different story. I ordered oysters & my first 3 came out great, so I decided to order 3 more. When the second set came out, they delivered them not on ice & with no lemon slices. My sea bass was over cooked and my husbands mashed potatoes were undercooked. Since we had so many food errors, the waiter did comp our desserts & coffee. The one thing I do recommend is there pudding bread a la mode. That was probably the one thing that made things ok. So go for the view & service & order something easy. We wished it was better, especially since it was our anniversary, but it wasn't the end of the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 646 reviews are from the Steamers of Pismo reviews archive.
- Very Good!embryantDined on 7/27/2014Great food and service. Very accommodating. Love the steamed clams!Special Features:
- KimmyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Good and service not great Food very overpriced for the qualitySpecial Features:
- RobertDined on 7/22/2014Great location, friendly and attentive staff. Half off wine special was extra treat. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal.DublingirlDined on 7/17/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at this restaurant. They have many window tables with a great view of the Pacific Ocean. I had a Spanish Shrimp Cocktail for my appetiser which was one of the nicest shrimp cocktails I have had. My husband had Crab cakes which were also very good. My main course was Seafood Pasta which was jam packed with huge shrimp and scallops. My husband had a Pismo Platter which he enjoyed but felt there was too much fried food on the plate. It would have been better if one of the seafood items had been steamed or grilled to break up the slight monotony of fried flavour. All in all, an enjoyable meal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ocean view & service, ok foodTolucaLakeLocalDined on 7/15/2014My guy friend, who is a local, picked Steamers because of the great ocean view, however, he cautioned the food did not justify the price....and he is not a thrifty diner. Clams were tiny, watery tasteless broth, my breaded calamari was good - very light, but no flavor. It was on a bed of a few asparagus & some white (yuck!) sticky rice. Would have been nice to have wild rice or something a little healthier. My friend's Caesar salad was large, but nothing to brad about. Would have been nice to have been surprised with a dressing that knocked your socks off. Our waitress was great, friendly and made the dining experience fun. Also enjoyed our drinks and will probably revisit the bar because they were reasonably priced.Would give it try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.