31 University Ave
Los Gatos, CA 95030Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4083952722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-2:15pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-8:45pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Matulich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: As of today. STEAMER"S is still holding "The Best!" Halloween Party!........See you then!.......:)
- Cross Street: Elm Street
- Public Transit: There is a Public Bus Stop in front of the Old Town Shopping Center. Across the street from Steamer"s.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We pretty much have 360 degree parking around Steamer"s. There is parking underneath the restaurant and across the street. All of which is Old Town parking. Public parking behind the restaurant. And, Public parking on streets and down the center of town, Underground and street level parking.
A word from Steamer's Grillhouse
We will start with this...... Since 1979, for a mere 34 years, and counting,...Steamer's is STILL AROUND! . . . . Running Ever So LARGE!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steamer's Grillhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (28)great for lunch (28)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (19)hot spot (16)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Excellent as usual!andrebaDined on 10/17/2014The title says it all. Enjoyed my meal immensely: a seafood risotto. The Martini was excellent also.Special Features:
- Great foodDanaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Always a favorite when I'm in Los Gatos. Professional service, great food. It is expensive, but the fish is very fresh and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Usually ConsistentJoeDDined on 10/10/2014The service and atmosphere made up for somewhat average tasting food which is not our usual experience at Steamers...where we've been going for years. The clam chowder and Caesar salad were their consistent selves. The linguini...a signature dish was under seasoned and the prawns were overdone. My wife usually loves the short rib was a bit dry and under sauced. Still the entrees were acceptable just not scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam2dineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent seafood. A little pricey but otherwise excellent. Extensive wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014Our dinner was very good and the service was excellent. There were a number of selections of wine. Our son particularly liked the appetizers and sushi that was being served that evening.
- Fantastic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 15th anniversary. We had a nice quiet table. Our server Audrey was very pleasant. I had the sea bass and my wife had the halibut. Both meals were cooked to perfection. The smallest of complaints would be, even though they knew we were celebrating an anniversary, there was no small acknowledgement from the restaurant....(a drink, an appetizer, a desert). We spent $180 and that would have been a nice touch.....Overall, very good experience.
- GoodLouiseVIPDined on 9/20/2014We went to Steamers more often prior to them raising prices significantly, and reducing portion sizeSpecial Features:
- gmgrouptripDined on 9/20/2014Very disappointed in the restaurant and will not return here to eat again!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversary18Dined on 9/20/2014Best Anniversary Dinner Ever! We brought our teenagers to dinner with us and we ate so much!! We had three appetizers, two servings of their amazing bread and of course our main meal. The sad part was that, we didn't have room for desserts. Lets just say, we all walked out of there completely happy!! Thanks Steamers for making our 18th Anniversary Dinner spectacular!Special Features:
- Disappointing Birthday DinnerAlFrescoDinerDined on 9/20/2014Remembering the nice birthday lunches I had enjoyed at Steamers with friends, i noted on our reservation that it was my mother-in-law's 91st birthday and requested an outdoor table. We were seated outdoors (nice!) but the rest of the evening was disappointing, ending with no birthday candle in the dessert we ordered, although the young woman at the next table received a candle for her birthday. In between there was having to ask multiple times for water refills and entrees that could have been better. I think I'll stay away on busy Saturday nights from now on.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/20/2014The clam chowder was very good & flavorful. My salmon was good but a bit on the small side. My friend's Cesar salad was very good and her seafood risotto was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Ho Hum ExperienceProfKathleenDined on 9/13/2014For the cost, this was very disappointing. I haven't been to Steamers in years and now I know why. The food isn't bad, just not exciting and way overpriced. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Steamer's GrillhouseDel22Dined on 9/10/2014The service was excellent. Manager stopped by on two occasions. The chef stopped by to inquire how we liked his evening special. Atmosphere excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over done AhiStitchDined on 9/9/2014The Ahi salad was overdone and the presentation looked thrown together. Very sad salad.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beInnajlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Used to be a place where you could count on a simple fresh seafood cooked well. Not anymore! My sea bass came very undercooked. Since we sat outside and lightning was poor , I butchered fish with my knife a bit to make sure it was undercooked. The waitress looked at it and agreed that it was pretty raw. The same fish came back but then of course it got overcooked. In good restaurants they would make a new one for to make sure it is good. Well another one bites the dust , too bad I love their outside seating
- Los Gatos Seafood GrillDBarryVIPDined on 8/29/2014Fun place to go for a date or with a group to relax and laugh. Steamers has great cocktails, wine list, and dining. Particularly like the fresh fish specials - last night, had the wild salmon, and someone else had the fresh halibut -- both delicious. The french fried portabella mushroom with truffle seasoning sounded good, but would have been better with potatoes. Still, it was different and okay. Chow!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The service was slow. We had to wait for a first server visit only to find out ours had left and another was taking over. Which would be fine but he told us that and said he'd be back. It just took too long between visits and we had to ask for refills and to orderSpecial Features:
- Dinner for 6HanksterVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a great, round table near the back. Bradley was our server and he was fantastic. Always around when needed, but never in our way. Appitizers were great, but our main course meals were the very best fish we each had every had. The SeaBass with tomato sauce was fantistic. Everthing we ate was fresh, nicely presented, and sized just right. Wine recommended was a white Sincere (Sp) and delicious. Our favorite fish resturant in the Bay Area.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMimiDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I followed Yelp recommendation and were not disappointed. White tablecloths, elegantly casual feel, excellent waiter and service. We had the grilled mussels, full order and happy we did, fabulous! I had wild caught salmon grilled to perfection, my husband loved the short ribs. Highly recommend the peach cobbler to top off amazing dinner.Special Features:
- The Best in Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014ALWAYS a great meal. Never disappoints. They know how to cook fish to perfection. One of the few places in Los Gatos offering quiet dining atmosphere. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEliasDined on 8/14/2014We used to love the place but not this last time. It was a disappointment. I made it clear in my reservation on opentable that it was my wife's birthday. They totally forgot that and did not make her feel special. They seemed to be understaffed that day or the person who served us was new. The salmon was below average for restaurant the is known for its good seafood. I hope this was a one off or I would never go back.
- Never disappointsTashamomDined on 8/11/2014Steamer's has always been consistently outstanding. Food, beverages and service are the best.Special Features:
- SteamersMom05112014Dined on 8/10/2014We have been coming to Steamers Grill House for many years. The service is always right on and the food is very good. They have a nice little patio to dine on away from the busy street. This is one of our favorie restaurants. The shrimp cocktail served Ceviche style is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurant was very loud and lively inside and the outside dinner was very quiet and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but NOISYGeneDined on 8/8/2014Good food, good service, but VERY NOISY. I wquld not take someone there expecting an enjoyable, intimate, romantic evening or for any other evening that requires audible conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent patio diningCarmelExplorerDined on 8/3/2014We had a great dining experience on the patio Sunday evening. The patio is not directly on the street so no loud speeding car sounds. Took our adult son who likes quantity as well as quality and they did not disappoint! Blackened red snapper was excellent - great flavor and texture. Son's steak was very generous --- husband's pepper crusted ahi tuna - prepared rare -- excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EleanoreVIPDined on 7/31/2014We have no ups or downs this time. We dine at Steamers every so often and it remains one of our favorites. Everything was positive for us this time. The lovely girl who waited on us was very good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchCarolCVIPDined on 7/31/2014We shared a house salad, which was delicious and just right for sharing. We had the salmon--the BBQ style sauce was a little heavy-handed and overpowered the fish. I'd asked the fish be cooked through and it was on the edge of that--but at least it wasn't overcooked. And of course, the delicious bread. Very good service. I haven't been to Steamers in such a long time, but we will be back.Special Features:
- very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We had a very nice dinner at the Steamer's. The food was outstanding and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencebmo405Dined on 7/19/2014Service was excellent. Food was excellent. I have been here several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ServiceChazDined on 7/18/2014I had not been to Steamer's for dinner in a very long time. My family and I decided to eat dinner and found the food service good. It was a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to Steamers!andhandytooDined on 7/16/2014The food still met expectations, but the service was terrible. The runners and bus staff were on point, but our waitress was cold, abrupt and inattentive. I usually give people a lot of slack - you can't be "on" all the time, but this was different. Dropped menus with no comment, didn't check up, no eye contact, and when she did talk (taking our order) it was done half turned away from the table like she was waiting to run away. The kicker - not a peep about the special occasion (anniversary)!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2014We enjoy Steamers. The food is always very, very good. Had a nice time. Thanks to the hostess for seating us in a quiet corner, as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2014We liked the restaurant and our server. The food, however, was mixed. We ordered calamari, which was tender and not over breaded or cooked crisp. The crispy prawns with coconut were a tad over cooked, but the sauce was very tasty and made the dish good enough. The house salad was worthless. The lettuce leaves were soggy (or maybe wilted) and half the salad was made up of the tough white lettuce stocks -- the dressing was not very exciting. Dinner was again, mixed. The linguine with prawns was very good. The scallops were light on scallops (3!) and VERY salty. We ate there one time before and I remember the seared Ahi Tuna was almost cooked, not seared. The menu over all looks good, but the food preparation leaves something to be desired.Special Features:
- GreatArchimagirusDined on 7/10/2014Dinner was very good The fried calamari were perfectly cooked but a little underseasoned Sea bass was delish Wine service was knowledgable & friendlySpecial Features:
- Seafood Yum!!LovetoeatVIPDined on 7/5/2014Love Steamer's! Fun place to have lunch or dinner. Great seafood to choose from. Their clam chowder is one of the best. love the Baja shrimp cocktail served in a stem glass with a nice spice to it. Sandwiches at lunch are always good and I love the shrimp BLT. You can't go wrong with a meal here.Special Features:
- Fodd great, service ???OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Our experience at Steamer's Grillhouse was mixed. The food selection is great and our meals were excellent, but the service was lacking. Our waiter could not be found most of the evening. We needed another bottle of wine but we were not able to get our waiter's attention, he was not visible, for some time. There were many empty tables on this Wednesday evening and I could see a reason for this lack of service to our table.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchRobertDined on 6/29/2014Nice relaxing setting, delicious seafood dominates the menu, attentive service. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSeafoodloverDined on 6/28/2014Chose for seafood and was not disappointed. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamer's is a Los Gatos traditionLovesToEatDined on 6/26/2014Steamer's has been in Los Gatos for so long now, that it is one of "those" places. It is difficult to have a bad meal. It is elegant in décor but friendly in attitude. Waiters are not snobs; they will make you feel relaxed. The outside patio is great. It is for the most part sheltered; there can be quite a breeze going on, but its location between the buildings makes it so you can hardly notice. But, don't get the impression that it is squeezed between the buildings .. there is plenty of room. Whether a special occasion or a last minute night out, you will enjoy it. (Obviously, the closer to the bar, the more the noise. We were on the opposite side of the room from the bar, and it was fine.)Special Features: