Steaksmith - Colorado Springs
3802 Maizeland Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80909Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Steaksmith - Colorado Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steaksmith.com/
- Phone: 7195969300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant available 7 days a week from 8AM-4PM daily. Will open for parties of 25 or more. Corporate training packages as well as Seminar Space available.
- Private Party Contact: Dawson Hubert 7195969300
- Entertainment: Easy Jazz and Blues along with Great vocals live every Friday and Saturday night from 6:30PM- 8:30PM
A word from Steaksmith - Colorado Springs
Fine Food - Casual Dining - Over 29 Years in Operation - "Colorado Springs Favorite Restaurant" - Only the finest Steaks, complimented by Fresh Seafood unrivaled in our Great City. Daily Menu Offerings supplement an already fine selection of fine entrees. Known for are team service with over 35 "Best Of" awards for food and service over the past 29 years. New Sunday Brunch began in January and is setting a new brunch standard for our near north east Colorado Springs location. Easily located at Academy and Maizeland Rd.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steaksmith - Colorado Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
- didn't care for the ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2012didn't care for the ambiance, the service, or the food. the steaks were overcooked.
- Best Steak in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2012Absolutely the best steak in Colorado Springs, and I have eaten at all the other steak places within the past four months. The baked potato was also good - not mushy or left in the oven too long, and I liked the selections at the salad bar.Special Features:
- First time at Steaksmith.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012First time at Steaksmith. Enjoyed it very much - especially the service, although it was a quiet night. Only disappointment - no prime rib! Had a nice porterhouse, though. Everyone was very friendly -- from the owners on down.Special Features:
- The Best steakhouse in CSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012The fried oysters were wonderful, the rib eye steak was perfect in every way. Prices are reasonable for the quality of food. Very attentive service.Special Features:
- The waitstaff was great, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012The waitstaff was great, food was excellent, great place for dinner with friends or just with your significant other.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012This was our first visit to Steaksmith in Colorado Springs, and we were pleased with the experience. The service was outstanding and the food was great. We decided on Steaksmith for a special occasion, and that is probably when we would be most likely to return. Glad we made our reservation with Steaksmith!Special Features:
- The restaurant was nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2012The restaurant was nice and the service was fantastic. The only complaint I have is the food prices - seemed a little excessive for the amount and quality of the food for a casual dining type of restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012Excellent as always!!!!! Our favorite restaurant ~ :o)Special Features:
- Our Experience should be notedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012We wanted a booth, however the greeter did not make an effort to accommodate us eventhough there was a booth open and one that came open (and stayed open until after we left. No attempt to reseat us was made, even though we asked (twice). The wait staff was great, my issue was with the lady doing the seating. By the way, one of the people that came not a few minutes after us was given a choice and it appeared that this couple were friends of the hostess.....
- I have no complaints. . .everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012I have no complaints. . .everything was delicious - the salad bar is great!Special Features:
- The place to go for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012This is my favorite place to go for a steak. I tried 4 or 5 different places before I found a decent steak & lobster tail combo. The entire wait staff always comes by and makes sure I'm good. I've had several perfect steaks here, and the one time it wasn't perfect they immediately swapped it out for a better one. I go to Steaksmith when I want to feel pampered. This is my go-to place for being fancy.Special Features:
- Service was terrific withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Service was terrific with all staff able and willing to assist. Great food.
- A Great Place for Our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Our experience at the Steaksmith was exceptional as the service & the food were both excellent. The salad bar had a nice variety & everything was fresh. The restaurant is well lit & it is very clean. If you want to impress guest from out of town this is the place you want to take them to.Special Features:
- I would not recommend theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012I would not recommend the crab in bernaise sauce. It was a bit too vinegary. However, the ice cream with fresh CO peaches was to die for!!!Special Features:
- Great food & service but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012The steak is the best in Colorado Springs and it was cooked perfectly. The service was attentive and polite. The price of the food matches the food qualtiy and the service but the decor is outdated and looks worn. I really like the dinner but if you are going out to impress your spouse then the out dated and worn decor would cause me to consider another location.
- Steaksmith outdatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2012The food was of high quality and well prepared, but not 'wow'. The staff was friendly, and the meal was well paced, but they were not 'professional'. The ambiance was poor. 1980's dark. I guess it's a great neighborhood steak place, but with the money spent they are trounced by the competition. I will not go back. There are too many great places to go for the same dollar.
- I have been going to the SteaksmithOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012I have been going to the Steaksmith longer that I'd like to admit. Their food is great and their service impecable. This is one of the "old time" restaurants that actually service their customer. So refreshing in these fast food times. A true Colorado Springs legend.Special Features:
- very nice salad bar and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012very nice salad bar and service was quite good. steak was disappointment, ordered medium, served medium well at best.Special Features:
- As always, everything wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012As always, everything was excellent!! Have never had a bad experience in the 20+ years we've gone there!Special Features:
- Great traditional AmericanGrantDined on 7/1/2012Great traditional American steakhouse, slowly vanishing from the American scene.Special Features:
- Everything was better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Everything was better than expected. The wife wanted to go to Red Lobster for Salmon, and I wanted a steak. We were in Colorado Springs on business and starving. I looked up steak house, and Steaksmith popped up. She raved about the salmon, and I polished off the 18oz ribeye. Everyone should take a shot at this place, and I promise you will return.Special Features:
- The steaks were very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2012The steaks were very good. Price for meal was on point. However, $9 a glass for sangria was very steep. The service left much to be desired. We had to ask for a glass of water 3 times. Our first waitress was non-attentive. It seemed as if the other waitress in the room noticed that we were ready to leave and decided to take care of us. Still took too long to get checked out.
- Decent Experience Dated AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2012It was a special occassion with my date so got reservations for this restaurant. Was given the corner booth which would have seemed like a terrific location but felt like a hositage in an 80's style steak house. The effort of the service staff was appreciated but didn't feel genuine and everytime someone rounded the corner they seemed somewhat surprised they had customers there. The food was good but the steaks were not cooked to order. Mid meal they cut the air conditioning and then realized it was getting too hot. Overall was just a fair experience. Seems like it is at the crossroads of more updates or lower prices and expectations.
- The service at SteaksmithColoradodiner1Dined on 6/11/2012The service at Steaksmith is always good, but it was exceptional the night we ate there.
- The steak and prime rib thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012The steak and prime rib that we had were fabulous! Excellent quality beef!Special Features:
- We have been going to SteaksmithOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2012We have been going to Steaksmith for over 25 years and have NEVER had a bad experience or a bad meal. It truly is the best restaurant in the city ~ we feel like family whenever we go there, the staff is amazing, the owners are incredible and the food is absolutely wonderful. We enjoy the live entertainment as well!Special Features:
- Just had dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Just had dinner with friends ... steak was excellent, and everyone was pleased with the food and service.Special Features:
- A little disappointingAlexanderTheGreatDined on 5/13/2012The crab was excellent. Steak and shrimp was also good. My husband's salmon was overcooked and broccoli was poor quality. He was very disappointed. My pasta alfredo was also a big disappointment. It was tasteless and and barely had any sauce. Steaksmith does good steak, but needs work on its side dishes.
- This last time we were thereADeschaineDined on 5/13/2012This last time we were there on Mother's Day and the service was the slowest I've ever experienced and they weren't even at full capacity yet. The salad bar was picked over with several empty items. Still, I've never had a bad meal there and the steaks are always prepared perfectly.
- As always the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012As always the food was very good, however the service level we had come to expect was totally lacking.
- We waited over 30 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012We waited over 30 minutes for our food and the restaurant was almost empty. The salad was brown and looked like it was left over from the night before. The food was decent but we won't be back.
- Have always been pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2012Have always been pleased with the service, the food, the people and the attention as I was the 1st time. Absolutely great ! ! ! This is just absolutely a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Downhill from previous visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012After having wonderful dinners here in the past the Easter brunch was a disappointment. My initial impression was I can get this at IHOP. The service would have been better.
- The SteakSmith has never faiiledOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012The SteakSmith has never faiiled to please us! The Easter brunch was delightful and we wish they offered brunch every Sunday! Besides great food we appreciate the servers and the owner being so attentive!Special Features:
- Our service was good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2012Our service was good, but the steaks were not good. There were 4 of us and we all got a bad steak..
- I enjoyed my meal; my guestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2012I enjoyed my meal; my guest also enjoyed the meal. This was an 84th birthday celebration. He was a cook before retiring and he gave a good review of the meal; thought it was well prepared.Special Features:
- Steaksmith was a superb experienceBookerDined on 3/18/2012Steaksmith was a superb experience all around. The staff was phenomenal, the environment is nice and relaxed, and the food made it abundantly clear why Steaksmith has all those awards on the wall. The restaurants woodwork is charming, and the lighting was great, but I was removed from the experience a bit by the oldies rock and roll coming through the speakers. Some Copland or Dvořák would have been a lot more appropriate, and I would have liked to see some live music. Coming from Denver, I thought that was standard in a nice restaurant. However, overall Steaksmith was a great experience, and you won't find better steak in the Springs.Special Features:
- 2 for 1 Prime rib specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/20122 for 1 Prime rib special was very well worth it. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Choose another place to eat...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/5/2012This used to be a top notch steak house back in the day... sadly it is no longer. We went for restaurant week and the service was poor and the prime rib was only available at one temperature... medium well. Unacceptable. The place needs a good scrubbing and update for the regular prices they charge. It wasn't really worth the 53.00 for restaurant week... it was slightly bearable because a bottle of wine was included. Don't waste your time or money.
- This place is great for steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012This place is great for steak! Best steak so far that I have had. Go on a weekday, avoid holidays & weekend times...they get crazy busy & the servers get sloppy. :(, But when its not as busy & a moderate crowd, service is on par with the steaks. Just to note, I can tolerate alot though, & have good paitence. So I may have a much different veiw than compared to some. Kinda pricey, around 30$ per. They have alot of the times live music going in the lounge which is nice & unique. If your looking for a good steak I reccomend this place. :)Special Features: