Steakhouse Grill & Bar at Deer Park Villa
367 Bolinas Rd
Fairfax, CA 94930Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Steakhouse Grill & Bar at Deer Park Villa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://deerparksteakhousegrill.com/
- Phone: 4154568084x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Tuesday through Sunday, 4:00pm to 6:30pm
Dinner Service - Tuesday through Sunday, 5:00pm to 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Maurice Sainte Yves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Deer Park Villa Catering provides Bay Area-wide full service food and beverage catering. Weddings are our specialty. You provide the location and we will provide the rest. Our experienced, professional staff will take care of every detail so that you can enjoy the event.
Fundraisers, Reunions, Employee Appreciation, Cocktail Parties, Open House, Company Picnics, Box Luncheons.
Deer Park Villa Catering is also available for contract catering for event locations.
Call for a free, no -obligation consultation.
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrations of every kind take place on the grounds of Deer Park Villa. From intimate dinners of 10 to jubilant celebrations of 300+. No special event is too small, as our new Steak House restaurant is open seven nights starting at 5:00 pm to accommodate you.
Many families celebrate every milestone event here-from Engagement Parties, Showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christenings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Celebrations of Life...Then there are Community and School Award Banquets, Business Events, Retirements, Reunions, Trade Shows...The possibilities are limitless.
Deer Park Villa Catering also provides full-service Bay Area-wide food and beverage catering. Our event planners are here to serve you seven days a week.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Cross & Tony Hauth 4154568084x
- Entertainment: The Steak House features live music on select evenings. Please call to confirm if music is scheduled on the evening of your reservation.
Deer Park Villa private events often bring in DJs and bands to provide entertainment for the event guests. Our event planners work with event hosts to ensure the volume of the music is kept within the level permitted by the Town of Fairfax.
- Special Events: Every catered event is special to us. Deer Park Villa Catering is family-owned and operated, now in it's fourth generation. The Ghiringhelli family of professional restauranteurs and caterers prides itself on continuing traditions of personal service and delicious food established by our founders in 1937.
A word from Steakhouse Grill & Bar at Deer Park Villa
Just a couple short blocks from downtown Fairfax Ca. is the beautiful and charming Deer Park Villa. Here you will find our updated bar and grill nestled under some of the most prestigious Redwood trees you've ever laid eyes on. We strive to provide the best of what our community has to offer in terms of local produce, meats and poultry as well as some of the classic dishes you know and love. Our outdoor patio provides covered as well as al fresco seating to insure you and your guests dine in the utmost comfort. Don't forget to try out one of our signature cocktails or your favorite glass of wine while lounging next to our patio fire pit! Reservations are recommended and we can't wait to serve you. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Steakhouse Grill & Bar at Deer Park Villa - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Steakhouse Grill & Bar at Deer Park Villa reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (21)scenic view (13)special occasion (12)romantic (10)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great restaurantDineWithBeeDined on 10/12/2014We had a nice birthday dinner on the beautiful deck among the trees. Impressive menu prepared well- the French onion soup was one of the best I've had. Service could have been a bit better (no initial intro/didn't know our servers name and just a little lackluster) - it is more of a fine dining atmosphere so I expect top notch service acumen but no particular complaints or problems.Special Features:
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Everything was perfect! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was amazing.Special Features:
- What a gemMsMountTammyDined on 10/1/2014If you are into old school, forest scene, romance, cozy and comfort food...this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Attention from staff was great. we sat out in the deck on a warm fall evening and the overall atmosphere was like a family gathering. Low volume conversation on the outside, while patrons at the bar inside could be heard cheering on the Giants Playoff game. Petite New york steak was good, Scallops could have been a little bit more crisped on the outside. Fried chicken wing appetizers were a nice surprise. My only complaint is that portions could have been a bit more generous.Special Features:
- Busy nightPeas2allDined on 9/27/2014The food was great except my Brussels sprouts were tough. Salmon cooked nicely. My dinner companions had NY Steak cooked med rare to their liking, chicken cooked to perfection, and bacon wrapped scallops and beet salad. My main complaint was the service. It started out good, then we couldn't get our waitress's attention for some time. A server asked us, mid meal, if we would like more bread, so we said yes and we never saw him again. So when the waitress finally came close enough, I told her we hadn't gotten more bread yet and she said she would get it....and we never saw her or bread again. Finally had to wave down Matre D for our bill. Still gave a good tip as I realize they were busy, but we were a party of 5, not very demanding at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, quality dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014The prime rib special was excellent. The meat was wonderful. The wine list didn't excite me so we brought our own bottles, and at $15/bottle corkage fee it was a good idea. Service was friendly and accommodating. We went on a Sunday evening and it was not busy at all.Special Features:
- Great ambiencewhitenightDined on 8/25/2014Excellent service. It was quiet on a Monday so we got lots of attention. Food wasn't my thing-- the tuna tartar had an undesirable sauce on it, and the sole was not good at all but it didn't matter. The company and location were so nice. My pals, more American than I, like their meals a lot. Large portions, good beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marleneDined on 8/16/2014It was a pleasant surprise, but the service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- We Love This PlaceJessicaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Deer Park is a gem, it's now one of our favorite restaurants. They've redone the menu in the last year, and it's outstanding. One of us had prime rib, which was delicious and cooked just right, and the other sole stuffed with crab. The heirloom tomato salad was excellent, as was the chocolate molten dessert. The view is gorgeous, and you can sit by the fire pits outback after dinner, under the redwoods.Special Features:
- Beautiful Outdoor SeatingfairfaxlifeDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Deer Park about 5 times now and I always have had an excellent meal. The food is prepared with fresh quality ingredients and I love sitting amongst the beautiful redwoods outdoors. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersFouetteDined on 8/9/2014Have known of Deer Park's existence for years but somehow never gave it a chance. We'll be back. The cocktails and by-the-glass wine pourings were generous. Four of us shared two appetizers then all had different mains, from a chicken dish to a NY steak. All were perfectly prepared and also generous in portion.Special Features:
- DEER PARK VILLA IN FAIRFAXOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014BEAUTIFUL SETTING ON THE PATIO, GREAT FOOD, GOOD SERVICE, VERY NICE AMBIENCE. IT WAS A FIRST FOR 5 OUT OF 6 IN OUR GROUP EVEN THOUGH IT IS SORT OF AN INSTITUTION. MY HUSBAND WHO GREW UP IN MARIN HAD BEEN TO THIS RESTAURANT FOR PROMS AND OTHER EVENTS THROUGHOUT HIGH SCHOOL.....AND THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. A GREAT PLACE FOR LARGE GROUPS, EVENTS WITH NICE, COMFORTABLE VIBE.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedfoodloverDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic food, great service and beautiful surroundings, what else can we ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingwaterloverDined on 8/1/2014There was a glitch in the computer, but that was the least of the problems. Getting a glass of water was impossible. We finally went to the side board and got our own ice and water. Wine ordered before our dinner, which took a long time to get there, did not come until after we finished dinner. There was not bus support for taking plates, giving water or anything else. The owner was a bit surly about the lack of service, saying well the computers are down. The dinners were good to okay and the desserts were not good. We have gone to this restaurant for years and will not be returning. It was not the computer glitch, it was the rest of the experience.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/9/2014Was our first time there! Great food, super cute restaurant. They had live music that night, Lobster sliders, scallops and bacon were really tasty!
- The following 74 reviews are from the Steakhouse Grill & Bar at Deer Park Villa reviews archive.
- beautiful grounds, poor servicestevesrDined on 6/26/2014Seemed like a perfect place for a party. Especially drinks and cocktails to take advantage of the grounds between the parking lot and the restaurant. Unfortunately our thursday night visit we received poor service from ( we believe) a server in training. On way out we spoke to another party who received poor service from someone else entirely. Food was good, but on balance we probably won't go back.
- Terrible serviceAwaiterwouldbeniceVIPDined on 6/15/2014Waited for 30 min, waiter never came. Tried talking to another waitress, she was unable to help us. Tries to find the host or manager, there was no one at the front. We ended up leaving.
- Happened again......SuzoomVIPDined on 6/15/2014Walked out slow service, we showed up for Father's Day dinner and we ended up walking out as they made us wait to be seated... The last time we came service was so slow.... Tried to give it another shot and we learned they are consistently slow. Too bad as it is a neat environment ....
- Great eveningTweetyDined on 5/24/2014We sat outside on the patio. Beautiful view of the trees, excellent service and the food was good. The prime rib and soul were delicious. Another friend had the smaller filet, which was small! He did order it medium well, but it was cooked beyond well. There were four of us and we order two butter lettuce/pear salads to split. Our salad was the perfect size to split but our friends salad was noticeably smaller than ours. Not sure what went wrong. We're planning on going back. Great outside atmosphere to dine in. The owner stopped by our table which was another nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy on Mothers DayUnhappymothersdaymealDined on 5/11/2014We (our family of 5) ate dinner at Deer Park villa for Mothers Day, 2014. We were very unhappy with the food and especially the service. The waiters seemed very frazzled and unsure and the food was dry. Also, there was a long waiting time from sitting, to getting menus, to ordering. It took awhile to get our dinner as well. Reservations where at 5:30 and we didnt get our bill until 7:45.
- Great food, poor serviceunderwoodtDined on 5/11/2014Food was delicious, I had prime rib, my wife had a steak. I ordered ice tea, and it was utterly undrinkable, I think it was a mix and far to concentrated. The service was atrocious, It took 1.25 hours for our food to arrive, and the waitress did not seem to know what she was doing. Too bad, the food was great and the location is beautiful and historic, but I probably wont be going back.Special Features:
- Slow serviceSuzoomVIPDined on 5/9/2014Took nearly 2 hours Got order wrong repeatedly Slow service right to giving bill Very bad experience
- Wonderful DinnerSaber62Dined on 4/26/2014We celebrated a birthday here and had a phenomenal experience. The food was top notch-especially the beef, most notably the NY Steak. The only thing that was not great was the creme brûlée dessert, which was too liquidy-it was more like soup than custard. Otherwise we'd be giving it 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in FairfaxKr1spYBurR1t0Dined on 4/23/2014My wife stumbled upon Steakhouse Grill & Bar @ Deer Park Villa online and we made reservations for 6. We arrived early and enjoyed some drinks in the bar area before heading to their heated outdoor deck for dinner. Not that bread should be the center-point for any meal but it was warm and just crispy enough and delicious. I started with the Lobster sliders (excellent) and for dinner had the Lobster and Shrimp Linguine (also excellent). Everyone enjoyed their meal but it was the relaxed non-crowded ambiance which really made the meal so great. We shared the Tiramisu for dessert and the Latte was balanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Ambience Great (not service)BconDined on 3/22/2014It's a shame when the only element missing to make this an amazing restaurant is good service. The wait staff was flighty at best. We sat for 15 minutes prior to seeing our wait person. The NY Steak, Prime Rib and Sole are amazing. The appetizers (which arrived after the salad) were outstanding. Unfortunately our wait person was not paying attention...ie: asking about desert while the dirty diner dishes had been on the table for a while. The restaurant is in a lovely setting, and all the employees are very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food nightbebeDined on 3/18/2014Three of us went to hear the music in the outdoor seating area. All of us had great food and excellent service - Salmon, petrale sole and linguini and clams - a fish night. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great meal and a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Steaks hit and missInTheBizEasy2PleaseDined on 3/13/20145 stars for the outside deck and rad gas heaters. Really awesome. However, of the two steaks we ordered, the filet was perfectly cooked and seared, but the porterhouse was medium-plus, with no char or seasoning (oven roasted?) We will try again, but we will split a large steak next time and send it back if it's not well prepared. There were at least 3 servers waiting on a total of 5 tables, and they didn't seem to have if very together. Made for a confusing experience. Great and very well seasoned French onion soup. Setting is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but very disappointiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2014Excellent food but very disappointing ambience. Very loud with 2 groups celebrating but that was just our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspiring.MaryDVIPDined on 2/16/2014We went there on a Sunday night, fairly quiet but still loud. They sat us next to a loud table although there were plenty of quiet tables in other areas of the restaurant. When we ordered they were out of oysters which I understand but then when my son ordered they were out of potatoes, who runs out of potatoes? The food was so-so and we felt that after spending $140 for 3 people it should have been better. Too bad, I really wanted it to be good as it is local and if managed a bit better it could do well.
- Wasn't worth the drive from sonomaSoCo707Dined on 2/15/2014Started off good. The reservations I made on open table was there. Got seated right away. But after sitting there for about 20- 30 minutes, finally the lady that was filling water glasses asked if anyone has helped us. The answer was no. She went and got someone who happened to be the same guy that sat us. O sorry. We forgot about you guys. And we'll give you a free desert. No thanks I'm good. I would of had a better meal and time at outback steakhouse. My lady loved it because it jst so happens to be the place where she wants to get married. LOL. Told her sorry. Ain't coming backSpecial Features:
- A Wonderful Surprise!Sandy94901VIPDined on 2/15/2014Living in Marin for 20 years, we had only been to Deep Park Villa for a wedding many moons ago. We heard the restaurant had been updated and we decided to go Saturday night. It was absolutely wonderful in every way. Lovely setting, exceptional service, excellent food and very fair prices. My husband loved his veal parmesean and my prime rib was absolutely perfect. Marin is so slim on good dining options. Deer Park Villa is a great choice. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- No hearts given for ValentinesVonlauerVIPDined on 2/14/2014We arrived on time and were promptly seated. Then, we waited 12 minutes at the table with not so much as a glass of water given. Around 7:45 I went back up to the front to ask "are we going to be served tonight?" The host became flustered and apologized and told us another server had "dropped the ball." The server who showed (flustered herself with multiple sorry's), opened the wine we brought and quickly rattled off the one special they had. We were ready to order the Prime Rib and French Onion soup. The soup was yummy. Alas, the prime rib arrived before we were done with the soup (another, "sorry" from the waitress). The worst Prime Rib, ever...way too fatty and no au jus. Thanks Deer Park, for ruining a special dinner.
- great prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Prime rib dinners on Valentines Day were as good as I have ever had, including the baked potato (with cajun spice rub) and hericot-vert with carrots. My sweetie and I couldn't stop raving about it.
- Great but.....marinnativeDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine day and everything was good except the service.It took forever for a waiter to come to the table and then when I asked for more bread it got to a point where I had to ask another waiter if he could get them for our table.I have been going to Deer Park Villa since the mid 1980's and this all those years service has been good so this is the worst I have seen it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has great potential!juliebugsDined on 2/14/2014We have dined here twice in six weeks...first time was New Years Eve, and second time Valentine's Day. Ambience is delightful (especially seating in the bar), but the service has a ways to go. Both occasions we found it difficult to flag down our waiter, and then the wait for food and drink was especially long. Dined Valentine's Day because we had thought the Surf &Turf was an excellent combo. Unfortunately it wasn't on the menu on VD. Ordered Flat Iron steak and New York. Flat Iron was extremely tough, and New York was chewy...had to send it back. Really rooting for this place, but they need to make some improvements before I will recommend it to my friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had High HopesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014We were excited to try out this local restaurant for the first time on Valentine's Day because it is tucked away in a romantic setting. We were seated promptly, which was impressive given the huge crowds. Little did we know that we would sit for 40 minutes without anyone asking if we would like a drink (even water) or appetizers. Finally we flagged down one of the overworked waiters to see if we could get a cocktail. That's when we learned no one had been assigned to our table. The waitress was very sweet and comped us a cocktail each. We spent well over $200 that night. The meal was tasty, but for that price one expects better service. Hopefully, next V-Day they will be better organized.
- AHHH...The RedwoodsFoodivoreDined on 2/14/2014This is a lovely place set among the redwoods where you can eat or go inside to the charming bar and table settings. The bartender has the skill set to turn your favorite drink from good to great. Service was timely and intuitive but never did we feel rushed or 'crowded'. My partner and I each selected a seafood dish and were literally blown away by how fresh and delicious each dish was. Fantastic prawns and lobster grilled to perfection - plumb, sweet and juicy. The pasta was perfectly cooked as were the Yukon gold mashed potatoes. The sauces for each dish was superb. They have hired some very good talent and you deserve to give them a try. You will not regret it even if you have to come from the 'city' to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic magical redwood grovechrisDined on 2/11/2014The 1902 carriage house anchors this awesome location. For an authentic step back into Marin County history with the added bonus of excellent food, drink and service, the Deer Park Villa is not to be missed. The redwood grove, gardens and grounds are stunningly beautiful in a classic old-time resorty way. This is quintessential Fairfax. LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nestled in the trees in essentiallyDonaldVIPDined on 12/31/2013Nestled in the trees in essentially a residential neighborhood, Deer Park Villa has a long history. Its menu focus change awhile back to a beef-oriented menu has worked well according to our take. We have enjoyed the prime rib on more than one occasion---cooked just as ordered and reasonably priced. The wine list has several excellent offerings at reasonable prices (e.g. the Keenan merlot, the Talbott Sleepy Hollow chardonnay.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected pleasureElbonDined on 12/24/2013when I saw reviews that described the restaurant as a step back into the 70's, I expected something kind of dumpy. Not the case. well maintained and perfect for the country surroundings. Mike G (an owner) personally thanked us as we left and I could tell was proud of his restaurant. He should be. Will go again. Just one comment. The steak quality was excellent, but I ordered med-rare. I got something closer to rare - so, I can tell the chef does not want to ruin the meat. Nonetheless, next time I will order medium and should get a med rare.Special Features: