Steakhouse at the Spa
401 East Amado Road
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Steakhouse at the Spa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sparesortcasino.com/
- Phone: 7608831060
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Woods
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us after 5:00 PM directly for parties of 5 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Villamor (760)272-0013
A word from Steakhouse at the Spa
Discover The Steakhouse, Palm Springs’ premier place to dine. Explore an *a la carte* menu featuring perfectly aged prime cuts and fresh seafood – all cooked to perfection. Enjoy the exquisite dining experience of The Steakhouse in the casually elegant indoor atmosphere or amidst incredible views on the Mediterranean inspired outdoor patio.The award-winning wine list will compliment your dining experience. Every day of the week we offer an “Early Bird” special from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM. For just $29 you have your choice of Soup du jour or Caesar Salad and Prime Rib with Au Jus & Horseradish Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable or Organic Salmon with Orange Horseradish Glaze & Crispy Leeks, Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable. Add one of our Mini Desserts for only $3.00. Just follow the link in Open Table to our website to view the entire menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Steakhouse at the Spa - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Steakhouse at the Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (14)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MMMM mmmm gooood!MarcassoVIPDined on 10/7/2014This is one of those pricey splurges I do for special occasions. I took a friend here for his 64th birthday. He loves steak as do I. Since I only eat red meat once a month now I splurge when I do. This place is really good. The steaks are always done to perfection. He had the petite filet and I had the porterhouse. We ordered a side of scalloped potatoes which all you really need as the bread in the bread bowl is so delicious you don't need to fill up on the sides available. The breads included are varied and even have homemade cracker bread with delicious spices.Special Features:
- route66westDined on 9/30/2014We live in Palm Springs and this is our second trip to this restaurant. Both visits have been great. This is a classy, quiet, upscale steakhouse in the middle of the Spa Resort casino. Portions are large and the food is delicious. Best steakhouse in Palm Springs!
- Great 1st impressionhappydinnerDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time to the Steakhouse. We were greeted in a friendly manner and had an absolutely hilarious waiter. Our food was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious!Special Features:
- GREAT DINNER1KTravelerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Dinner at the Steakhouse has become one of our ongoing traditions every time we are in Palm Springs. I brought a group of eight people, many of whom were dining there for the first time. That can be a challenge under the best of conditions, but our favorite server, Kenny, did an outstanding job explaining the menu and helping everyone select a delicious dinner. My friends were very pleased and the dinner was a huge success. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningPixciegirlDined on 9/15/2014From the escargot to the filet! Perfection! We had the best time and the service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific, hidden gemynsaftDined on 9/14/2014A terrific little steak house, NYC style. Great menu, perfect service. Nice dining room and decor.Special Features:
- Expected moreunhappypatronVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointing. We were excited to try this restaurant because other reviews were very good, however the $40 Petit Filet was tasteless and everything else was just mediocre...especially for the price! Probably would give it a better review if it had been Sizzler.
- Luv2dineDined on 8/16/2014A quiet restaurant with dim lighting, great food, and outstanding service. The waiters are very attentive. The food was quality. A great romantic ambiance for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boothfor2Dined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent although early bird special steak portion was very small. Salmon was ample and very tasty and the large portion of birthday cake was really good. When dining out with friends, I always suggest the Steak House.Special Features:
- great steakhouselikegoodeatsDined on 7/17/2014The steak was great and other dishes very good. The service was excellent - low key but attentive. The ambience is elegant and subdued - low level lighting creates a calm environment and the lighted menus make sure it is not a nuisance! Pricing is high commensurate with quality. Only possible downside is the walk through a somewhat smoky casino floor to access it. Overall, a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DiningCowboyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Our steaks and prime rib were out of this world. The service, the ambience perfect! We will definitely be back here on a regular basis.Special Features:
- SurpriseRomanDined on 7/5/2014We are usually not dining guests to a restaurant located in a Casino, however we had a taste for a steak that evening and found the Steakhouse on Open Table. The food was exceptional. It is pricey, however for the quality, it is definitely worth it. We went just for an evening out, but would always make an effort to go back.Special Features:
- Best prime rib ever1swede1Dined on 7/5/2014We came to the Steakhouse at the Spa specifically to try the prime rib and we were not disappointed. However, I must say that we started with a lobster bisque that I will be raving about forever. I wish now we had ordered 2 servings. Once the prime rib arrived though, I was in heaven. I ordered it medium and found it to be so incredibly flavorful and tender. Honestly the best I have had. We also ordered the garlic potatoes, but they fell flat. Very little taste other than just plain mashed potatoes. Nevertheless, a wonderful meal and would return again and recommend.Special Features:
- The following 204 reviews are from the Steakhouse at the Spa reviews archive.
- Early bird specialsboothfor2Dined on 6/22/2014Ordered the early bird special, food was very tasty but portion very small especially as the special was previously a large cut of prime rib with Yorkshire pudding. This was a very tiny steak. Would still recommend the Steak House though as I have never had a bad meal there. Service was excellent as usual. There was a lot of noise coming from the casino though which spoiled the usually quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLoveToDineDined on 6/15/2014Every visit to the Steakhouse at the Spa is memorable. The atmosphere is pleasant, the food is outstanding, and the personal attention is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sztzsz1974Dined on 5/17/2014very enjoyable. service was excellent, food was great, very quietSpecial Features:
- Best steak everdalegrimmyDined on 5/11/2014I was a little skeptical about the prices but it was our anniversary. All it took was one bite of the porterhouse. Never in my life have I enjoyed a meal this good. The steak just melted in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird SpecialyummyDined on 5/3/2014The early bird special was great!! the lobster bisque was to die for!! I would go back just for the soup!Special Features:
- Nice restaurantGloriaDined on 4/27/2014There was a Special of Filet Mignon. The portion was not worth calling it a special.Special Features:
- Love the Spa Steak House,boothfor2Dined on 3/27/2014Love the Spa Steak House, food is always prepared as requested and hot, service is always good and employees friendly. I have always found the food excellent.Special Features:
- nothing specialjustustravellersDined on 3/18/2014the restaurant is nice. we were received and seated promptly. after that things went south. we ordered drinks, a martini came in a small glass with a little glass bottle with the rest of the drink.???? could they not afford a real martini glass. we ordered the chateaubriand and the menu said for medium rare allow 45 minutes. we ordered medium well and expected an hour wait, which would allow us time to relax, enjoy our drinks and converse.it came medium rare. too late as it was cut. grumpy wait staff, no smiles and did not make us feel welcome. the meal was completed in an hour, check brought and we were told now you can get back to the tables??. overall not a great experience for a romantic night out.
- It is pricey, but very good.RickyBVIPDined on 3/1/2014It is pricey, but very good. The prime rib portion was generous and tender and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for celebrations & romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014My husband and I both enjoyed our dinner and it was the perfect birthday celebration.Special Features:
- GREAT EARLY DINER SPECIAL!pvalanDined on 2/23/2014I had seen the sign for the 5p-6p special dinner priced at 29.95 and wanted to try it. Surprised they would take reservations for this time but that was great. The prime rib was excellent in every way. Just enough without making one feel like a caveman. The Caesar salad was just right and the smashed garlic potatoes made it perfect. Great wine list by the glass. Perfect hideaway from the buzz of the casino and tourist driven Palm Canyon. Besides the prime rib there was also a salmon and a pasta choice on the special. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, excellent food. ServiceVjice44Dined on 2/14/2014Great, excellent food. Service was a little off, perhaps busy because of the holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Ruth's Chris or LGsHaluebVIPDined on 2/14/2014You have to enter through the smoke filled casino. Service was very slow. Food was good but outweighed by the in attentive staff and casino folk. For the money go to any other high end steakhouse that actually care that you are a patron.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I come here almost once a month for ribera for my husband and filet for myself the best ever and always book online just in case. Always get the best service .We will be back next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great...service slipping a bitluv2travelDined on 2/13/2014The best steak!! We had 2 filet's with wonderful gorgonzola sauce.. and One Prime Rib.. and a New York. The Prime Rib was the Queen cut.... it filled the plate... Don't know about your King ... our Queen cut made 2 meals of left overs. Service slower than usual.... I love coming here when I visit palm springs... Seems like enough staff... they just are not focused. Everything ala cart.... tried the cream white corn - nummy and cream spinach - service size use to be big enough for 2... now only single serving. Hope that they get uptick.... don't know if we will go back!
- Poor Service for the QualityKathyDined on 1/28/2014We were in Palm Springs celebrating a milestone birthday and anniversary. Server was not very helpful in giving us menu explanations as well as wine decisions. Seemed to want to rush us through, even though there was ample seating available throughout. Very disappointing in that sense, but we enjoyed our food. As for the wine, texting our friends got us the answer we were looking for.
- Great food and serviceJeffreyDDined on 1/24/2014While it is a steakhouse, there are plenty of great options for those looking for something other than beef. Our favorites include the sea bass and double cut pork chop. You can also pair a couple of starters for a very nice meal (caesar salad and seafood or shrimp cocktail). There are some amazing side dishes offered as well as tasty deserts (the chocolate cake is awesome and plenty for two). Service is excellent and so is the wine list. Once inside you hardly realize you are in a casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!MollybearDined on 12/31/2013The food was cooked to perfection. Our waiter was Nestor and was awesome. Great personality and service. Had a fantastic all around experience. I ordered a petite filet medium rare and it was perfect!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than last timeDaveVIPDined on 12/29/2013A good filet, for nice not over salted in the kitchen. All was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lack of ValueSteviekDined on 12/28/2013I was surprised that the restaurant was as pricey as it was. I don't mind paying a premium for food, but certainly expect more accordingly. The food was decent and would have been fair if the price was half of what it was. The server was barely friendly and the time that we waited to receive food was less than fair. The ambience was fair, but again, expected more for the price that I paid. Although it was convenient because we stayed at the hotel, next time I would go to another restaurant where I have experienced better off property.
- Excellent foodMikeVIPDined on 12/21/2013The food this time was excellent and service was prompt. Spa Casino is still letting people reserve spots at the bar to eat but this is not well known or publizedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience!Dance2013Dined on 11/16/2013Always great ambience at this restaurant, the food was good. I find that that food selection could have had more variety including a special of the day. There was a freah fish of the day. However not to much too it. Our party ordered appetizers as entrees in lieu if the entree selections. The wedge salad was great! The Ultimate seafood cocktail hot was good. The mac n cheese was disappointing. It was runny instead of thick and cheesy. Crab cakes were group favorite and Jumbo shrimp scampi was great, could have a creamy white wine sauce to it! The shrimp could have been a bit over cooked. Overall great experience, will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than Average Casino FareOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2013This is not your average casino food...filet was done perfectly, lots of great extras and good wine list. A little pricey but a fun way to celebrate if you win at the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2013The food and service was amazing.... The ribeye was perfect and the wine selection was very impressive. More than we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a Casino but excellentMachVIPDined on 10/25/2013Best Steak in Palm Springs . It's in the casino but quiet and nice. Service great and excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse at SpaKennySoCalDined on 10/23/2013The food was very good. Salads were delicious (the steakhouse salad and the Caesar). Steaks were cooked perfectly...not the best ever, but adequate. Side dishes were a little lackluster. The potatoes au gratin were done in chunks; the gratins I love are better done with thin slices of potatoes and the cheese topping was negligible. The creamed corn tasted sugared. Also, both sides were miniscule (even though the waiter said adequate for sharing) for the price. For service, other tables were told of specials and presented with a desert tray, rather than a menu. We were not. I don't understand the discrepancy, as I am a good tipper and we were dressed as well as, or better than, others in the restaurant.Special Features:
- The food, and the servicecarbonDined on 10/19/2013The food, and the service here are excellent. From the moment you are seated, until the time you leave you are treated as a VIP. This is a fine dining experience in a casino environment that is quite a gem. The Queen cut Prime and the New York steak are both melt in your mouth delicious. A great "go to" place to take someone for a few steps you want to make feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.