Steakhouse at the Spa
401 East Amado Road
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Steakhouse at the Spa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sparesortcasino.com/
- Phone: (760) 883-1060
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Woods
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us after 5:00 PM directly for parties of 5 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Villamor (760)272-0013
A word from Steakhouse at the Spa
Discover The Steakhouse, Palm Springs’ premier place to dine. Explore an *a la carte* menu featuring perfectly aged prime cuts and fresh seafood – all cooked to perfection. Enjoy the exquisite dining experience of The Steakhouse in the casually elegant indoor atmosphere or amidst incredible views on the Mediterranean inspired outdoor patio.The award-winning wine list will compliment your dining experience. Every day of the week we offer an “Early Bird” special from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM. For just $29 you have your choice of Soup du jour or Caesar Salad and Prime Rib with Au Jus & Horseradish Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable or Organic Salmon with Orange Horseradish Glaze & Crispy Leeks, Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable. Add one of our Mini Desserts for only $3.00. Just follow the link in Open Table to our website to view the entire menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Steakhouse at the Spa - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Steakhouse at the Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (7)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- In a Casino but excellentMachVIPDined on 10/25/2013Best Steak in Palm Springs . It's in the casino but quiet and nice. Service great and excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse at SpaKennySoCalDined on 10/23/2013The food was very good. Salads were delicious (the steakhouse salad and the Caesar). Steaks were cooked perfectly...not the best ever, but adequate. Side dishes were a little lackluster. The potatoes au gratin were done in chunks; the gratins I love are better done with thin slices of potatoes and the cheese topping was negligible. The creamed corn tasted sugared. Also, both sides were miniscule (even though the waiter said adequate for sharing) for the price. For service, other tables were told of specials and presented with a desert tray, rather than a menu. We were not. I don't understand the discrepancy, as I am a good tipper and we were dressed as well as, or better than, others in the restaurant.Special Features:
- The food, and the servicecarbonDined on 10/19/2013The food, and the service here are excellent. From the moment you are seated, until the time you leave you are treated as a VIP. This is a fine dining experience in a casino environment that is quite a gem. The Queen cut Prime and the New York steak are both melt in your mouth delicious. A great "go to" place to take someone for a few steps you want to make feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2013This is a great way to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the casino in which the restaurant is located. Fantastic food and a great selection of entrees and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here with my mom formilaDined on 7/30/2013Came here with my mom for my birthday. We had all seafood no meat. The seafood was fresh & delicious. I recommend the seafood cocktail on ice which includes, crab legs, lobster with mango salsa, oyster, shrimp..also the shrimp & scallop stuffed portabello was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night Steaks!YourFriendEvanDined on 7/19/2013We had an enchanted evening at Steakhouse at the Spa. The creamed spinach was amazing, aged New York strip & ribeye served to perfection, but they were out of our #1 & #2 choices for wine.. Settling on a bottle of Ravens Wood, our late night steak dinner was complete. The service was also great, with incredibly friendly servers & bussers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining With RoyaltyBatmanAZDined on 6/23/2013Our reservation time was 30 minutes too late for the nightly special on prime rib. Despite that, we selected the prime rib (Queen Cut rather than the King Cut). It was delicious! We were very surprised when our meals came and the Queen Cut was so large it should have been called the "Queen and Her Court Cut". The wait staff was very attentive. The ambiance was rich despite the "dress code" of "smart casual". BTW, flip flops and t-shirts quality as some of the the nearby tables established. Don't worry, neither the food, wine, service nor the restaurant's atmosphere are compromised as a result. We will dine here again.Special Features:
- Classic Steakhouse AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013Beautifully done, low light dining room. Especially loved the backlit menu pages and credit card placards. Was a bit dissapointed in the NY Strip (not quite as lean or thick as it could be) and the demi glace sauce was sort of concentrated in flavor and a bit pasty. Salads, sides, wine and cocktails were all superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEN NY STEAK I HAD DID NOTbillDined on 6/16/2013THEN NY STEAK I HAD DID NOT TASTE GOOD AT ALL. I HAVE HEAR BEFORE & THE FOOD WAS GOOD.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great food~johnDined on 6/14/2013Another incredible time. Tay (?) was our server and the suggestions she made was wonderful. The Béarnaise sauce was the best I have ever had in my life. It deserved a Michelin star. The meal was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerchefbobcatVIPDined on 5/11/2013My daughter and I spent Mother's Day Weekend at the Spa Casino, for our annual girls getaway. We always have our special dinner on Saturday night to avoid the usual problems on Sunday. We both had the Filet which is always exceptional. Also, my daughter fell in love with the Truffle Mash Potatoes. She ordered the Langoustine which is always a great addition to the Filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had been here before and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Had been here before and the service was a little better the first time. Took quite a while to get attention and then everything was fine. For me, give me a cocktail and some bread and I am incredibly patient. Those two things took about 10 minutes. However, the food is so good I ended up not caring that much! If this was a less expensive restaurant, it wouldn't have mattered at all.Special Features:
- Nice place in an unexpected locatioAngusmcgVIPDined on 2/10/2013Surprisingly good food -- the sour cherry reduction on my yellowtail was delicious, although the fish was a bit overdone. My brother's prime rib was wonderful, and the bread and salads were great, too. Nice wine list as well! We didn't expect a place so nice, right off of the casino, but there you go. And the price was quite reasonable.Special Features:
- Service was attentive andPalmSpringsBearDined on 2/8/2013Service was attentive and pleasant. The early bird special is a nice option for moderate quantities that still have high quality. The desert sampler was like a trip to the buffet deserts with reasonable quantities.Special Features:
- Best steak in Palm Springs!NancyDined on 1/12/2013Steaks were amazing! Nestor (our waiter) was fantastic as well.
- We very much enjoyed our dinnerartmensorDined on 1/1/2013We very much enjoyed our dinner at the Steakhouse at the Spa Casino. Our waiter was very attentive and went out of his way a couple of times to give us excellent service.Special Features:
- I've been a regular at theRayFDined on 12/24/2012I've been a regular at the Steakhouse every Christmas Eve when I visit Palm Springs for the holidays. Everything is always served piping hot and the steaks and prime rib have always been tender and delicious. Its a great value as well.Special Features:
- Service, please!DaveVIPDined on 11/24/2012The food here has been consistently good but the service has, more often than not, been disappointing. In the past we've had a waiter who couldn't hear well but at least behaved like a waiter. This time the waiter could hear perfectly well but didn't seem to know what to do after taking our order. He didn't even have to bring the food to the table...someone else did. We got a perfunctory "everything ok?" after he saw us eating our food but other than that he was absent until we flagged him for the check. I won't go back. Prices have risen to exceed even those of Ruth's Chris. Good food here...but fine dining? Go to Ruth's for true fine dining at better prices....
- superpOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012We love the steakhouse. All employees are great. The food is excellent. Everytime wre in p.s. we go to steakhouse.Special Features:
- Great for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012My husband and I went here for our Anniversary. Both the service and food was great. I would highly recommend it and we plan on going back!Special Features:
- My husband and I had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012My husband and I had a very good experience, the ambiance and food was perfect! We will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- For a "fine dining" experience,BeauDined on 10/13/2012For a "fine dining" experience, this was way too noisy. Could hardly hear my partner
- Good Food But Slow & Costly ServiceKrisJenVIPDined on 10/12/2012While the food was delicious as always, our server was not apt to handle our large group and put us 2hrs behind schedule. This amounted to increased limo fees and caused us much stress. It acutally ruined our well planned and very special evening. It was unfortunate this happened to us and it was very unfair and costly. It is unfortunate as we had the same server before and she was lovely, but this will definately make me and the 20 other diners think twice before visiting again. Sometimes catering to the customers needs must be put first.Special Features:
- One filet mignon excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2012One filet mignon excellent. Queen prime rib dry and tastless...dog liked it. Mushrooms were scary...poor taste and powdery inside.(although removed from bill when neither of us would eat them) Iced Tea was lousy!?!? Augratin potatoes tastless, cold and hard to cut apart.
- Great service, great foodcozyDined on 9/13/2012Great service, great food and wonderful ambiance. My siblings and I had a wonderful meal with fantastic service and great food.Special Features:
- everything was the best. celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2012everything was the best. celebrated a birthday and a picture was taken at the table by the extraordinaryand friendly manager and presented to the birthday girl with a giant dessert and a special "Happy Birthday" I just can't rave enough. The food was delicious and served in a timely manner. The water glasses were filled without asking, the bread was warm, the server extremely knowledgeable. Thank yiou Spa Steakhouse, I will return soon. Linda GerardSpecial Features:
- Another Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2012We love coming here for the chateaubriand and two years since our last visit it's still great!
- Food is excellent. ServiceMelissaDined on 8/24/2012Food is excellent. Service is great. There is nothing bad about Steakhouse at the Spa or the sister property at Agua. Definitely worth trying and bring your friends!Special Features:
- I highly recommend requestingfoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2012I highly recommend requesting Kenny to be your server. He is outstanding and will make your meal complete. The food is amazing. You have to walk through the casino to get to the restaurant but it's definitely worth it. Complimentary valet parking at the casino entrance.Special Features:
- Over priced, they price theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2012Over priced, they price the food like a 5 star restaraunt, but prepare it and serve it like a 3 star restaraunt. This would be a great restararunt if they charged you appropriatly for the food.
- It was pretty good, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012It was pretty good, although not as upscale as I imagined from what was described. I found it very noisy and not as cozy and romantic as I would have liked. Seemed more of a 'nice' chain restaurant than an upscale one, especially considering the prices.
- Dining to the noise of slotsFitforfoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2012The noise from the casino is very annoying. Poor planning in design. This is a very expensive steak house and the ambience is destroyed by the constant noise of slot machines. Overall the food was very good but certainly not worthy of the very steep price. This is my 3rd visit and will be my last.
- Excellent Service - Go for itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Food was good and service were excellent as always. I have been here aboyut 8 times over the past three years. This restaurant has excellent service. They know when to come by and ask if you need something and they know when to stay away. This was the first time I got the filet. The rub was a bit salty. If you are not into salt, ask them to go light or skip the rub. But the filet melted in my mouth. Delicious. Ken was a fantastic server. We started with oyters on the half shell- perfectly cold and fresh. Delicious. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- AWSOME PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012the service was great,food was oustanding cooked perfectly ,nice setting and surrounding,good bartender for mix drinks.noise was very low.Special Features:
- The restaurant has no ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012The restaurant has no ambience. The "artwork" on the ceiling looks like re-bar used in construction. The initial drink service was poor, but service did improve as the meal went on. The steak was under-done, and lacked flavor. The onion side dish was not noteworthy. Nothing about the meal, except for the desert, made me want to take another bite. The chocolate cake desert was good
- Great experience , great recommendaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2012Great experience , great recommendations by Ken our server !Food was excellent and exceeded our expectations and waitstaff was attentive .Special Features:
- We enjoyed my husband's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2012We enjoyed my husband's Birthday dinner very much. We hope to visit the Staekhouse again soon.Special Features:
- We'll go back, but Casino "noise"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2012Generally, the food was great - their Yorkshire pudding might have been better "not-served"......it was not good. The rest of the meal: food, service, value was spot-on! Because The Steakhouse is within a Casino, you could hear the slot machines "ringing" throughout dinner - even though we were in the back of the restaurant. If you are looking for an intimate dining experience - this might not be the right place. "The Steakhouse" has a sister restaurant, at a sister casino (in Aqua Caliente), that has a nearly (if not precisely) identical menu.....and it is situated in that casino where it is very quiet - and the food and service is comparable. If you want quiet and intimate - go to their sister place. We'll go back.
- We went there before goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2012We went there before going to see La Cage. The prime rib was excellent and we really enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Way to pricey for what youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Way to pricey for what you get. Husband ordered scallops. $16 for three relatively small ones. Not too impressed.Special Features: