Steakhouse at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino
4300 N. Michigan Rd
Shelbyville, IN 46176Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Steakhouse at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indianagrand.com/dining/steakhouse
- Phone: 317-421-8282x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bob Brody
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Steakhouse at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino
Lively bar and stylish restaurant serving attractive appetizers, fresh seafood, thick cut juicy steaks, fresh seafood and unique side dishes with modern Italian flare. We offer an extensive bar selection and fabulous wines at reasonable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Steakhouse at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino - Best Restaurants in Shelbyville ›
Steakhouse at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (17)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Another great meal at SteakhouseMakersmanDined on 9/13/2014We probably average once per month visiting the Steakhouse at Indiana Grand for dinner, and frequently use it as our destination for special occasion dinners. This particular visit was celebrating my wife's recent birthday. As has been our consistent experience, the food was excellent, as were the Maker's Mark cocktails, and our favorite server, Kyle, once again did his best to make us happy. Kudos to the entire Steakhouse crew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 9/13/2014We have been to Steakhouse a few times and this last time did not live up to previous experiences. The waitress was very good and personable. Appetizer (shrimp cocktail) was good. The cocktail sauce was very good, especially if you like horseradish. The country onion soup was the highlight of the night, exceptional! However, the 14oz new york strip steak that I ordered has very little flavor. In the past they have had exceptional flavor, literally melted in your mouth. This time if I didn't know better I would say it was microwaved. i hope this was a fluke and not the new normal. The worst thing of all is that we brought a couple with us, I had really talked the restaurant up but afterwords not much to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingginaDined on 8/31/2014Service and food was outstanding can't wait to go back highly recommend for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMikeVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food is always deliciously prepared-Prime Rib was a little tough. Tiffany, our server, did an outstanding job of taking care of us. She made a great suggestion on a wine selection and was able to explain very well everything about the different menu selections-great personality, really knows how to communicate with the guests! This restaurant is worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; average serviceRobertDined on 8/16/2014The food was great. We has filets and they were cooked perfectly. The mashed potatoes and mushrooms are excellent also. Our waitress was nice, but I think they were under staffed. After being seated our waitress did not come to our table for almost 10 minutes. Also, we had empty drinks for quite some time. The waitress proactively apologized and said she was trying to help another waitress. Overall we were happy because it was a great meal.Special Features:
- borntorunDined on 8/12/2014We picked this restaurant because we were celebrating a 58th wedding anniversary. We wanted a good steakhouse with an excellent menu that was conveniently located for several family members coming from different areas outside of the Indianapolis area. We were not disappointed. The service was great, the wine selection was good, and the food was excellent. We enjoyed the ambience and did not feel like we were in a casino. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone and will go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Average food, over priced. Service was great though.
- Just as good as anything downtown!LordTyrionDined on 7/23/2014We had a table for 8. Great food. Fast service. I've eaten downtown Indy at most of the big name steakhouses......Steakhouse is just as good if not better than anything downtown. Prices are reasonable. Great experience. We had a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal; ok serviceRobertDined on 7/12/2014We were sat in the far back corner, which gave us lots of privacy. However, I think we were out of the way of the waitress because she didn't come around often enough. The food was good... Steak was cooked well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We were seated promptly and service was great. Server was helpful and attentive. The food was attractive and tasted good. Had salmon and quail on this visit.Special Features:
- Always A Grand TimeBigbeefloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014Another fine dinner, served to us by Tiffany, who has been our server many times. Great personality, joking, fun and very efficient. Hope to always get her as she is as good as the food, whether we have only 4 of us, or as many as 18, she is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Food was great...service was excellent..Only thing..it was really cold in there FOR ME..so..if you are cold natured, like me..bring a jacket..and ladies, wear slacks..In my opinion, it should be a much less cold in there..other than that...highly recommended..and btw..being that I was on a special hypoallergenic diet..the chef made sure..that I knew and was okay with the ingredients in my food..even taking care to have some items served separately, so that I could choose what I was able to eat..Very nice..and very customer oriented..will def dine there again...the food and service are well worth it. James and the Mrs.Special Features:
- PhilVIPDined on 7/3/2014Our favorite steakhouse. Food is always great. We often sit at the bar where Kyle makes a great Cosmo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phyllis1Dined on 6/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner! The food was absolutely great. The service was outstanding because Kyle, the bartender and waiter, did an EXCELLENT job. We've been coming to this Steakhouse for our anniversary (with another couple who share the same anniversary date) and also for Christmas celebration, for more than four years. We keep coming back because Kyle is so good and the food is so good too.Special Features:
- great!dpayDined on 5/31/2014As always wonderful, steak is so good! We hag a lovely evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticHalfpintDined on 5/30/2014A comfortable atmosphere, was pleased with serve, recommend the rib-eye, and whipped Yukon potatoes, and I would visit here again. Moscato is the wine of my choice if you prefer sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowardVIPDined on 5/30/2014I was told the restaurant was excellent, and the references were correct. Food was excellent; not all steakhouses know how to cook steak. Food had good presentation. Service was timely but not smothering. Consider this a good value.Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Steakhouse at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino reviews archive.
- our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014The steaks here are better than the big name steak houses such as Ruth Chris. And the service is much better.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placesnotsohappyDined on 5/9/2014We love this place. They have really good service and excellent food. The steaks and seafood are excellent. Well really we can't complain about anything. We always have good food and service here. Thanks Steakhouse for always making this a good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerRobertDined on 4/26/2014We visit higher end steak restaurants from time to time and this one stacks up. The dining room is very attractive and a piano playing in the background was a nice touch. The bread before the meal was ok. We ordered a wedge salad and it was fantastic. My wife and I both ordered beef filets with whipped potatoes and they were great. We also had a side of braised mushrooms and they were the best we've had in a long time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksPhilVIPDined on 4/26/2014The Steakhouse at Indiana Racing & Casino serves great food and the staff is efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerBobbieDined on 4/20/2014Very relaxing, great atmosphere.......super service and super food.....would do it again. Passed by so many restaurants with parking lots packed and reservations dysfunctions I am sure since it was Easter Sunday. Adults only because it was in the casino........but what a great dining experience!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SkeezixDined on 4/13/2014The Steakhouse name belies its true ambiance as a fine dining restaurant. Wait service, atmosphere, and the food were all excellent. Presentation and preparation were well above what we expected. The pianist provided a soothing musical note that did not interfere with conversation. We plan to return.Special Features:
- A little disappointing thisFoodiesDined on 4/4/2014A little disappointing this time. Service was good but steak flavor was not great. We had a table of four and everyone thought the steaks were not up to par. Also, lemon drop Martini's were watered down. Did not get our moneys worth after ordering 3 rounds of martinis. Usually enjoy the quality of their drinks but you might as well order beer or wine if they are going to short change the vodka content especially after spending $11.00 per drink.
- Nice dinnertakaDined on 3/29/2014Thank you foy your service. We enjoyed your great dinner. We used for the farewell party. You gave us so nice situation. We will come back to yours again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good and would bePeteDined on 3/29/2014Food is good and would be fine for special occasions. Service was short for fine dinning too many people for number of servers. White bread only for this level of dinning is not good. Should have dark breads available.Special Features:
- Our favorite!YarnDined on 3/29/2014We love the Steakhouse! It's become our favorite spot, especially when going out with friends. The food is wonderful and the variety is good for those who like to expand their horizons, as well as those who don't venture too far from their comfort zones. Staff is friendly. The only drawback is that smoking is allowed in the restaurant, but it's in a casino, so it makes sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueSpeedocVIPDined on 3/27/2014$5 appetizers before 6 Thurs. Wife had beef tips and onion soup for entire meal. Prime rib was excellent. Used points and had great dinner for small $$I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday eveningLadycoltDined on 3/19/2014We had early reservations and beat the crowd. Server, Brandi, took very good care of us throughout our entire meal. Food was excellent and prepared as ordered. Prices were appropriate for the meals. I'd recommend this establishment for others to enjoy.Special Features:
- Excellent food!!!steakloverDined on 3/15/2014This was our second time to Steakhouse and for good reason. We had gone for the first time back in Nov. 2013 for my husbands birthday and had a wonderful experience and knew we definitely would be going back. Our second time back was for our wedding anniversary and again a wonderful experience! The first time we had the Porterhouse Steak for 2 and this last time we each had the 6oz filet......both were FABULOUS!! The steaks so tender you could cut them with a fork and the baked 5 cheese macaroni is just as good. We HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone who appreciates a great steak and food. The service was top notch as well. This is our new favorite place to eat! Thanks so much!Special Features:
- The frog legs were a rareRickDined on 3/1/2014The frog legs were a rare treat. The most reasonably priced steaks for an upscale restraunt I have seenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!CherylDined on 2/27/2014Whether it's with someone special, a friend or just want a nice dinner out of the house alone; I enjoy this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerWallyBlakeDined on 2/18/2014Our food was fantastic as was our waitress Brandi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night NothingdbrechbiDined on 2/15/2014We had a 20 minute delay to our reservation and when seated a waitress volunteered to take our table. We were all hungry but didn't get drinks or bread until well into the service. The bread took two requests and another several minutes. The food, after a 45 minute wait, was decent but not worth the price. The steak was overseasoned with salt & pepper, that hid what would have been a tasty steak beneath. My mother, who was celebrating her 85th birthday, got the walleye and the presentation was no better than a local, chain seafood restaurant. The waitress was average at best. She spent more time complaining about her work hours and night and less time attending to us. In short, eat hot dogs & drink beer in the casino. No love here.Special Features:
- LONG WINTERAMOCOBOBDined on 2/15/2014WE HAVE MADE MANY TRIPS TO DINE HERE AND EVERY ONE HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad experience hereMakersmanDined on 2/15/2014We frequently visit the Steakhouse at Indiana Grand, and have never had a bad dining experience. We were disappointed when it lost the name Maker's Mark Steakhouse, because we are huge fans of Maker's Mark bourbons. However, fortunately, the food quality and ambiance have remained as good as they were before. Kyle always takes special care of us as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?SouthsideFoodieDined on 2/15/2014Has anyone else noticed this place is slowing going downhill? I was very upset with the service & food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steaksamanda46227Dined on 2/15/2014They have the best steaks I've tasted in Indiana. Highly recommend the filet mignon. Steaks are always cooked exactly as requested. Very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun timesbtagoDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and really enjoyed ourselves. Great food and service...will go back again :)Special Features:
- Although the food was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Although the food was really good, the service was not. We found no one friendly from the moment we walked in. Felt like we were in a strangers house. very uncomfortable. Would not eat there again.