Steak House No. 316
316 E. Hopkins Ave
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Steak House No. 316
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 9709201893
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week 5:30 till close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kathleen Crook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lulu Wilson is the perfect restaurant for any event, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, semi private events too. We also have the option of offering multiple outlets (THE WILD FIG). Please feel free to contact us so that we may make your event a success.
- Private Party Contact: Samantha Cordts-pearce 9709255160
- Entertainment: Private room.
- Special Events: Please call Samantha Cordts-Pearce for information. 970-920-1893
A word from Steak House No. 316
Owners Craig and Samantha Cordts-Pearce of the Wild Fig and Brexi Brasserie have opened a new restaurant called Steak HOUSE No. 316. Exceptional prime steaks as well as fish & fowl.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Steak House No. 316 - Best Restaurants in Aspen ›
Steak House No. 316 reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)special occasion (9)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- One of the best -AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/28/2014We love this place ! Great choices in Aspen, but this is one of the very best.Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever had.bramboolieDined on 9/26/2014Other than the tables being a little crowded, we enjoyed one the best evenings out in memory. Their meat was of the best selection and preparation, they really know how to cook a proper steak. The staff was friendly and timely and the little details felt authentic and stylish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineAspenCatchingUpDined on 9/4/2014Food is outstanding and service was very good. These guys know how to cook meat. Good wine list. Interesting decor and awesome music soundtrack (sounds like I made it myself). Will definitely return on any trips to Aspen.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceBethDined on 8/29/2014I am a local concierge and we had an excellent celebration night at Steakhouse No. 316. We shared the tomahawk rib eye. It was well seasoned and had a nice char on the outside. They broil their meats in a Peter Luger broiler at 1600 degrees. If you have been to Peter Lugers in NYC...you know what I mean. The sides were excellent (garlic spinach and loaded twice baked). We finished with bread pudding. My boyfriend is not wild about bread pudding and boy did this bread pudding change his mind. If bread pudding could change your life, this would. I was speechless when I tried it. Great drinks (they mix a good dirty martini), great service, love the open beams in the front of the house. We will be back. I will send our guests there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCatrichinsVIPDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food and service. There were three of us... I had the Kobe Flat Iron steak and it was was wonderful! My husband had the Prime NY Strip and my son had the Prime Cowboy Ribeye... almost as delicious as mine. The salads and side were very good too. It is a little noisy, but did not interfere with our conversation. Only complaint was the tables are slightly crowded... more like a European restaurant... but not really a big issue. Overall we had a great experience and would definitely return again. This is a pricey restaurant... but you are in Aspen after all!Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse!Luv2WineVIPDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is well worth the wait! The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The best creamed spinach and filet oscar style I've ever had - All cooked to perfection! Great wine selection and great ambiance as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and fooddmdmDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere for our Anniversary. Food was good. Flat iron steak excellent and prepared as asked. Service was questionable for such a high dollar place. Had to get up and find someone to take our drink order 10-15 mins after being seated. Then they switched waiters, then food served with yet another person. Tables a bit too close to each other. Other than that, good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 104 reviews are from the Steak House No. 316 reviews archive.
- Rushed!SkiSunValleyVIPDined on 6/22/2014My reservation was for 8pm and I was walking home by 9:15. When presented with my cocktail the server immediately wanted to take our dinner order, not allowing anytime to sit and enjoy my martini and converse with friends. Once we ordered, the steaks and sides were literally on our table in less than 12 minutes. The desserts were good.
- Best Steak EverthebeanDined on 6/7/2014The service was great, helpful with suggestions and parings. The oysters were amazing! The steak was prepared perfectly and there was not an ounce of food left when we were finished. The sauteed mushrooms complimented the sirloin perfectly. My boyfriend has been raving that he will always remember the "best steak of his life at Steakhouse 316!" Will certainly come back next time we are in Aspen.Special Features:
- Nice steak option in town.EddelVIPDined on 6/6/2014Steak House No 316 is a small, cozy place but that doesn't mean it doesn't make you feel like you're in a major city steakhouse. The decor, the ambience, the service and the quality of the menu are all very good. The only thing I was not very comfortable with, is that a huge steak was oddly prepared too fast. The inside was nicely cooked but the outside was NOT. That makes me wonder how they cook the steaks. The bread pudding was awesome! maybe too big, but still worth the try. The terrace is small and a bit uncomfortable, and the view is not worth it, better try the inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good.Steak316Dined on 4/16/2014Our meal was good on all levels, but when I'm spending $45 on a steak that doesn't even include a side, I don't want good, I want my mind to be blown. Our drinks were excellent. The mussels and frites were tasty and the wedge salad we had were both enjoyable and our server was kind enough to split the salad for us. This was the one and only time our server went through an exceptional service motion unprompted. Service was never once bad and we were absolutely taken care of, but there was no warmth or conversation from our server. We are foodies that like to geek out on what a restaurant has to offer and appreciate a touch of thought from our server... especially when we tea it up for him. Just expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get your steak on!ASESKIERDined on 4/5/2014Hit this place everytime I am in Aspen - it's a great place. Had a steak that was overcooked, without evening mentioning it the waiter noticed it and promptly replaced with with another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak everLewisandClarkDined on 4/2/2014I've been to many Steak houses. This by far was the best steak I've ever had. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in AspenKenWVIPDined on 3/16/2014Love this place and am a regular when in town. My only beef (ha!!) would be with the wine list which is pretty stupidly expensive. You shouldn't HAVE to spend $150 to get a bottle of Cab you recognise but the wine list gives you very few decent options below this price point.Special Features:
- Fantastic!julesDined on 3/6/2014Had to get our onion ring fix! The BEST in the country! As always, dining at Steakhouse 316 was fabulous. Had guests from out of town. They loved it as well!Special Features:
- Good,but way overpriced!1cwayDined on 2/16/2014The prices here are ridiculous and I would rate the steaks as good not great. I am from ny and it just doesn't compare to del frescos, smith and wollensky, Peter Lugers, kens etc. the cowboy steak special was $98!Special Features:
- Great steak in a really dark room.SporaskyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Cocktails were very good. Wine by the glass somewhat limited but some acceptable options. Wine list good. Steak and sides were outstanding. My wife and I rarely eat beef any more but when we do we appreciate high quality and correct preparation. These guys hit the mark across the board. The sides were also great--standards with a twist. One of the most enjoyable evenings out we have had in a long time. The decor however was very nice but a little too dark--we had difficult reading the menus and that whole bordello motif is a bit much. This place used to be a family friendly Mexican restaurant years ago. Despite the lighting issue if you like a good steak this place is highly recommended and a real step up from the other Aspen steak houses.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealMikeDined on 2/7/2014Really great meal. Good wine list, helpful sommelier. Two of the best steaks we've had -- bone in filet and new york strip. Sides were good, but not fantastic -- twice baked potato and beets with blue cheese -- would give 4.5 stars for food. Dessert was a huge bread pudding. Probably unnecessarily huge, even if it were 1/2 the size I would still have called it huge, and too much to eat.Special Features:
- Great Food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/3/2014We were a party of 4, and all the food that we ordered was outstanding. Our problem was completely with the service, or the lack of it. We were seated for quite a while before our waiter came by the first time. It was then another 10-15 minutes before he returned to take our order and we had to flag someone down to get him. We had ordered two salads to be be split (so that each got a half salad). The waitstaff brought out 3 and then walked away to fill another tables water, and generally mill around. The fourth salad came out several minutes later while we all just sat and waited. No explanation given as to the delay. when the waiter did come by (which was not often), very little eye contact, as if avoiding us.Special Features:
- Best Meal we had in AspenNewOrleanianvisitorDined on 1/10/2014We recently spent four nights in Aspen and went to dinner at well reviewed restaurants each night. This was by far the best restaurant experience of the trip. The bar, bartender, and wait staff were friendly, prompt, professional, and personable. The food was absolutely wonderful. Three of us ordered steaks and they were all cooked perfectly. The various butters offered was a nice touch. I had the blue cheese/bone marrow butter. This was mind blowing melted on my prime rib eye. My wife had the risotto and raved about it. Being from New Orleans we couldn't resist ordering the bread pudding. It was the best I've had outside of New Orleans and better than anything I've had outside of Commander's Palace. If you go to Aspen, eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SteakSmallPlateLoverVIPDined on 1/1/2014This might be one of the best steaks I have ever had. It was cooked to perfection. The appetizers were good - nothing too special. The sides along with the steaks were also good. A couple people got fish in our group of eight, and they definitely regretted not getting a steak after trying ours. Definitely recommend! The wine list was rather extensive, so we asked the sommelier for some assistance. She did a great job recommending a couple bottles for our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're spoiled.Wineluv3VIPDined on 12/6/2013We recently returned from a trip to NYC. We dined at two iconic New York City restaurants: Jean Georges and Keen's Chophouse. I had steak at both restaurants and neither compared to the New York Strip I had at Steak House 316! This is no exaggeration! Not only was the food better, but the service and ambience were superior as well. We really are spoiled here in Aspen! While expensive, our dinner at S.H.316 was a bargain compared to the restaurants we visited in NYC. Enjoyed the new artwork. Love this restaurant! I've heard Steak House 316 described as a "New York City Steakhouse in the Mountains". I don't agree with that depiction; 316 is an awsome Mountain Steak House in Aspen, Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous! Steaksdesigner6905Dined on 11/9/2013Food was fabulous! Steaks were perfection. Creamed spinach to die for. The most amazing truffled Mac and cheese and desserts were silly big! The bread pudding looked like half a loaf of bread! Delicious. Bring your wallet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallmikeinrosevilleDined on 10/5/2013Steaks are supposed to be their specialty and honestly I was a bit disappointed. The risotto was incredible so high marks there but the buffalo ribeye, while flavorful was just too thin for a ribeye. My wife's filet was average at best. The wine list was fantastic and we tried an Italian wine that for the price was certainly a disappointment. The Sommelier attempted to be helpful and for that I appreciated the thoughts, but the wine she chose did not hold up well to the ribeye or the filet. Simply too soft. We enjoyed the service, we enjoyed the risotto , the rest was simply average. MIRSpecial Features:
- Great spotgerrylayoDined on 9/29/2013Had a wonderful experience. Great food, service, and ambience. Although we were told it was pricey, we found it to be in line with most upper end steakhouse pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xcellent piece of beefrobertVIPDined on 9/28/2013service and food 5* limited liquor choices beautiful people nursing drinks so no seats at the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2013When you go to a steakhouse you expect larger portions. Sides are only enough for one or two people, not 3 as the waiter mentioned. My chicken was so tiny my husband thought it was quail.
- First time in Aspen and wasAspenDined on 9/26/2013First time in Aspen and was delighted to eat at Steakhouse 316. The steak was one of the best ever! Wished they had the lobster Bisque soup that was on the menu. The asparagus and cheese cake was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING A++++stothevDined on 9/23/2013The Staff was so accommodating while my girlfriend was up they asked me what her favorite dessert was and made it for her and then comped it! I had the Best Filet of my life! and the Tuna steak was amazing as well! Without a doubt, I will be returning then next time i'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantGuestsDined on 9/7/2013The food was outstanding and the service was great too. Had the filet and it was the best steak I've ever had. The loaded twice baked potato was fantastic as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everHolshuhsDined on 9/7/2013Our waiter was amazing, courteous, and really made our wedding anniversary special for us. The place was gorgeous, and the food was unbelievable. Literally the best steak I have ever eaten!Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013We had a wonderful dinner - food was fabulous, service was terrific and the ambience simply the best. We look forward to going back!Special Features:
- OvercookedFoodVeteranDined on 8/23/2013My med-rare came out the wrong side of medium; wife's medium was well done. Steak was a very good cut of meat; next time we will order rare, and go from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive even for AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2013Food was good, service was good, but a very expensive experience.
- Excellent Food, But A Bit "Snooty"VanderwhoDined on 8/10/2013I'd made reservations for 6:00. We arrived at 5:30 and apologized for being early. Apparently my attire wasn't quite up to snuff; my wife saw the hostess/sommelier roll her eyes. I thought my jeans, button-down short sleeved shirt and boots were, if not Aspen-stylish, at least adequate. Evidently not. Despite the arrogance, we had a great meal. The crab cakes were as good as any we've had. The 8-ounce filet with the cognac peppercorn demi and the 6-ounce lobster tail with the roasted wild mushrooms were both outstanding. Good wine list, too. The Ridge Zinfandel I chose was a terrific match for the peppery filet. With the exception of the greeting, the service was faultless. There's only one thing this place needs: a new sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedCodbearDined on 7/31/2013Steaks were fair tasting, but overpriced. Dessert was VERY disappointing! Overall experience--wouldn't go back.
- Best Steaks in Aspen!Wineluv3VIPDined on 7/25/2013Loved the restaurant. Classic New York City or Chicago steak house in the Rocky Mountains. Great food and ambience. Excellent service and cocktails. Server explained exactly how the steaks were prepared. Two of us had the "Chop of the Day": buffalo ribeye! I've never had buffalo so tender it literally could have been eaten with a cheap plastic spoon! Unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Aspen's best for sure!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/24/2013Awesome meal! We were on vacation for the week and dined out every night . This was the best meal and best service we had all week. Truly a great dining experience. We had our 2 boys with us (age 8 an 12) and they loved it as well. Porterhouse and filet were awesome, Bread pudding for dessert was TDF!! Huge piece and def enough for the four of us who all love dessert. Thanks for a great night in Aspen!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Aspen GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2013Located right in the heart of Aspen, Steak House No. 316 has delicious food and unique mixed drinks. The various cuts of meat are all cocked and served in skillets which gives them a crispy outer coating and a juicy center. I had a lamb chop special. The lamb was very tasty with none of the after taste that lamb sometimes possesses. My husband and daughter both had different cuts of steak which were tender and rich tasting. The side dishes were large enough to share. The bread was warm and homemade--whole grain and white. We were way too full for dessert although the ones we saw looked delicious. We ate outside which was very pleasant. Expect to spend a lot of money but it is worth every cent and after all you are in Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2013Since this is "rated" as one of the best restaurants in Aspen, we decided to visit it. Horrible from the start. The Air Conditioner must have been set at 80 degrees. The Waiter never let us know what the evenings specials were. I would have rather had the Bison Rib eye that he explained to next table, than the totally over cooked $54 beef rib eye. It had to have been better. The grilled Artichoke and Tuna tartar were good, but, not for the price. The Spinach side was the best item we had that evening. The wait staff and servers were not very friendly at all. Next visit to Aspen, I will spend my $480 for a party of 4 somewhere else