The Diamond Café
7350 S Nogales Hwy
Tucson, AZ 85746Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Diamond Café
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.ddcaz.com/index.php/tucson/dining-nightlife/steak-house
- Phone: 5203421328x
- Hours of Operation:
Our New Hours Will Be:
Monday - Thursday 6am - 11pm
Friday 6am - 1am
Saturday 7am - 1am
Sunday 7am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael J Bujold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Diamond Café is located inside the beautiful Desert Diamond Casino. After your meal enjoy exciting casino action, dance the night away at the Monsoon Night Club and then unwind at our elegant hotel.
A word from The Diamond Café
Our mission is to offer a new and fresh approach to your dining experience. We call it “Americano comfort food with an urban flair”...It’s comfort food with a twist. Our food is fresh, creative, eye-appealing and of course, flavorful.Continued
The Diamond Café offers breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
The Diamond Café offers breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Diamond Café reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)good for groups (0)neighborhood gem (0)notable wine list (0)kid-friendly (0)great for lunch (0)great for brunch (0)late-night find (0)Show More
- Xmas day dinner: We electedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Xmas day dinner: We elected to choose the lighter menu as we do not eat as much as we used to. My New York was excellent but the filet for my guest looked terribly, terribly small by comparison. It did come out very well done as requested... I am looking forward to try the prime rib offerings on Friday / Saturday evenings.Special Features:
- Will Never Go Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012McDonald's could serve a better steak if they served one. This is NOT a 'steak house'! $22 for a tiny piece of meat (smaller than a McDonald's hamburger patty. The $7 salad (which is extra) could have easily been replaced by a McDonald's salad also. The only thing good about this place was the waitress (very pleasant).
- Wonderful experience....hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/25/2012Wonderful experience....had CHRISTMAS dinner with a Xmas menu but we could order from the regular menu -- one of us need too...Food was great... servers was attentive, personable and provided good descriptions of menu items. They need a few arm chairs for some of us!Special Features:
- I and my wife and daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2012I and my wife and daughter had dinner there Friday night. While waiting to be seated I said to my daughter that they serve the best prime Rib I have ever had. I orderd the large cut cooked medium which per their menue would be pink, and warm on the inside. The meat arrived cooked brown and little pink on the inside. I requested a replacement, was served a twin to the first. It was obvious that it was cooked under a broiler.This was the WORST Prime Rib I have ever been served any where.I will never return they have ruined what was one of the best steak and rib place in Tucson. The meat was tough,difficult to cut and tasted terrible.
- After being seated, we requestedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012After being seated, we requested another table/booth because of the air blowing which also cools the food when you are eating. The hostess was very accommodating moving us to another booth. The penne pasta with chicken was outstanding as well as the onion soup my husband had. The wine and chocolate martini I had was very good (one of the best martinis I've had in a long time, keep it on the menu). We enjoy this restaurant because of the ambiance and have been here before and will continue to enjoy your restaurant.Special Features:
- The staff was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012The staff was very accommodating our party of 12. The food was wonderful and the server was attentive.Special Features:
- This was my third visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012This was my third visit and I was not dissappointed. Nice large table with very large comfortable chairs. The menue was varied for all tastes. The filets were outstanding. It was a wonderful evening. I chose this restaurant for my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- I use for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/8/2012I use for special occasions because it is the closest "best" restaurant. They DO have great steaks that are priced below Flemings and Ruth Chris. Nice interior design even though it is in the middle of a mid-range casino. Servers are quite good and are not pushing add-ons like you see at other steak houses. Really great deserts.Special Features:
- Was not all that pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012Was not all that pleased with the turkey the way it was served. Last year it was a lot better. Also the cheese puffed pastry was not done when served, the server did offer to get a new one. The prime rib was great. The service we received was great and made the evening.Special Features:
- Our wait for our food orderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Our wait for our food order was excessive and the food was cold.Maybe they were busy but that is not an excuse that holds water in the food service industry.
- was disappointed with thejohnDined on 10/18/2012was disappointed with the food, really enjoyed food from old ex-chef.
- Terrific as always. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2012Terrific as always. Food was great and had a nice visit with Chef Michael. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- First, we have to say thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012First, we have to say that hiking through a smoke-filled cavern at the end of the meal ruins what effect a nice dinner has on a person's psyche. The dinner was quite pricey, but well-prepared. We were disappointed to learn we had to order house wine (not to our liking) if we only wanted a glass each. To get a good glass of wine, we had to order a whole bottle - again, very pricey. We really prefer to "old" menu and wine selection. For a higher priced dinner, neither my husband or I will be willing to walk through a smokey casino and forced to buy a full bottle of wine just to have something nice to compliment our food; there are too many nice restaurants in Tucson to do that again.Special Features:
- We have dined at THE STEAKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012We have dined at THE STEAK HOUSE since it's opening. The new chef and menu are very nice and we are never disappointed with our choices there. We enjoyed this visit as it was a special occasion which was enjoyed by our small group. Dean, our server is truly a GEM and the entire staff is great.Special Features:
- My husband and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012My husband and I had dinner with two friends. We had a wonderful dinner. The service was impeccable. Even though there was a five dollar split plate charge we didn't mind paying. They served plenty enough to share on one plate. The bacon wrapped shrimp was cooked perfectly. I'm looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- I was very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012I was very impressed with the quality of food and service I received at this restaurant. The food was so fresh and you could really taste the quality in it. Also, Levi was a fantastic waiter who provided us with a lot of knowledge about what we were eating and made everything that much more enjoyable!Special Features:
- We went to the steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We went to the steak house to celebrate our one year anniversary. The food wasl amazing. We oved our server. She was very knowledgable on the wine list and chose an amazing bottle for us. The food was delicouos.! Will be coming back!Special Features:
- FIVE STAR RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Upon entering, as the Steak House doors closed behind us, there was quiet. No casino sounds, just a romantic feeling that let us believe we were not in a casino. The service was excellent as was the food. This is a five star restaurant in our opinion. We recommend it to all.Special Features:
- Our food took forever to arriveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Our food took forever to arrive and when it did the steak entrees were cold. The waitress was nowhere to be found. I would be surprised if there was any tequila in our margaritas. I would have rather lost my money at the casino then in this place!
- All good here. We have dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012All good here. We have dined here several times and always great food and service.Special Features:
- This is a worthy restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012This is a worthy restaurant though not competitive with the PY Steakhouse at another town casino.It doesn't quite excel. It's decently good food. One item, bacon wrapped shrimp with jalapeno cream cheese was over the top good. Another item, coconut shrimp was greasy and less than pleasing. In general it's good to very good, not exceptional. The restaurant is on the dark side.Special Features:
- Overall it was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Overall it was very good. The only thing we did not like was the herb potatoes.
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Our dining experience was wonderful especially as first time diners at this restaurant. The steaks were very tender and delicious and the vegatables were vibrant in color and steamed just right. Overall it was wonderful experiance that will bring us back to this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Steak House entrance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2012This restaurant needs an outside entrance. Walking through the casino is unpleasant on a Saturday night since no specific walk way is provided. Walking through crouds of people and in and around slot machines to get to the Steak House entrance is not desirable.
- We have ( there are two ofReggieDined on 7/17/2012We have ( there are two of us ) eaten here before but never in the evening. We have never been disappointed with anything. The restaurant is well appointed; seating, tableware, glassware, locations.We might differ with the chef on his choice of vegetables but they came well prepared. The wine list is not extensive but their Agave house wine is more than acceptable and more than reasonable. Their chardonnay is better than many wines costing twice as much. The service is excellent without being overbearing and with that we are comfortable.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012Good food, good service, reasonably priced. Wine list needs improving.Special Features:
- Surprise! Great Steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012We were pleasantly surprised when dining at the "new" Desert Diamond Steakhouse. The menu has changed for the better! Yes, it's pricier, but there are things like asian short ribs, steak Diane, etc on this new menu. It's nice to go down to the casino and get a bit dressed up to go to a steakhouse. We're not 5 miles from Flemings of Tucson, and this is going to give them a run for their money soon. They have remodeling to do (we were told from the ground up), and with their new menu, it will be definately a nice place to go. We had Filet's (now you really can't mess it up, right...Wrong.., at the other Casino they also have a steakhouse....they messed up filets). Soup-Lobster bisque and french onion..,Filets, sides...yum !Special Features:
- Was very happy with the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Was very happy with the service and selection of entrees. The food was delicious and staff was friendly. I will defiantly return for another dinner.Special Features:
- food was great, only didntOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012food was great, only didnt like the fries but it was quickly replaced with the mashed potatoes which were great.Special Features:
- Very nice, quiet and pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Very nice, quiet and pleasant atmosphere good serviceSpecial Features:
- We have dined at The SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2012We have dined at The Steak 7-8 times and have never been disappointed. Excellent service and dinner..Special Features:
- Food was ok, I have had betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Food was ok, I have had better there before. Took for ever to get waited on and get our food. We were there at 5:30 and didn't get out until 8:00.
- The food that was served toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The food that was served to us was a.Not tasty, b. Not hot c. Not properly prepared Since this was Mother's Day, the ladies were supposed to receive a Rose. There were no Roses left when we finished eating so my wife and daughter did not get a rose. We have eaten here several times in the past and have gone away very pleased. It had become our "Special Occassion" restaurant. We're rethinking that designation.
- We were 5 people -- 5 potato/veggieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We were 5 people -- 5 potato/veggie plates had to go back to be HEATED, 3 meat plates had to go back to be HEATED. For the high prices you charge you had better get your kitchen to figure out how to keep the expensive food HOT until it gets to my table. I came here a year ago & the prices were nowhere near as high as they are now. The waitress was super about finally getting our meals fit to eat. As of right now I would not come back. I made the reservations for 2 tables of 5. I have not heard a report on the other 5 diners.Special Features:
- Going to the steakhouse ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Going to the steakhouse of the Desert Diamond Casino is a guarantee of wonderful experience. The rib eye in bone is one the best in the city. Check the roasted baby potatoes ! Dessert? Tiramisu !!!Special Features:
- Only four tables were occupied,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2012Only four tables were occupied, making Wednesday a night to dine in this restaurant. Very quiet, server always available to refill drinks. A variety of choice to dine on, everything was great.
- We celebrated my husbandsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012We celebrated my husbands birthday here. From the minute we were seated til we left the experience was wonderful. Thanks againSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed an excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2012Enjoyed an excellent dinner in a great atmosphere. Perhaps too much food.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Lovely restaurant for a special occasion. We went for my husbands Birthday~which was a great choice!Special Features:
- We had a party of 4 and eachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We had a party of 4 and each of us had a very ggod meal and good service. We will be coming back for another meal.Special Features: