Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steak954.com/
- Phone: (954)414-8333
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00am to 11:00am; Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday to Thursday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm to 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00 am to 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason L. Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Rosanna Cintron 9544148333
A word from Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
STEAK 954 is a modern boutique ocean-front steakhouse. The restaurant features dry aged beef from hand picked ranches; Tajima Kobe from Australia, locally caught seafood, and the finest wines and spirits with selections from all over the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)scenic view (85)romantic (78)great for outdoor dining (75)fit for foodies (64)hot spot (52)notable wine list (46)good for groups (37)great for brunch (30)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Mother/Daugther Friday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner this past Friday night at Steak 954. We shared the bracon wrapped scallop appetizer and lettuce wedge salad. These were both delicious. For our entree, I had the 8oz filet and she had the aged rubbed rib eye and we shared the truffle au gratin potatos. This was too much but the left overs made a great breakfast the next day. Our server provided outstanding service and was very personable making our Mother/ Daughter dinner extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Our steaks were excellent and perfectly cooked, though the sides were underwhelming. The service was average at best; definitely below our expectations, considering the price point of the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysDfitDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is so very good. Service is outstanding, food was five star. This was our second time and it was superb. Seafood was great as was the steaks. Rose the ice cream sandwiches for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMikeyJFlaDined on 10/16/2014We came here for our anniversary and had a great experience. In our open table reservation, we notified them that it was for our anniversary and we were greeted with complimentary champagne. We also came for the dine out florida pre-fix menu. I had the tuna tacos which were great (probably could just have an order of that for lunch) and then the 6oz filet, which was one of the best steaks I had in a long time. The only thing we were a little disappointed in was the desert.Special Features:
- wines123VIPDined on 10/15/2014The service was excellent and the 2 ladies who serviced our table were very good. The food was just ok, nothing special. My fish was overcooked. I was hoping it would be better then it was.
- Pleasantly surpriseddarinDined on 10/13/2014In a time when high price doesn't necessarily mean good quality finding a good restaurant can be challenging. Steak 954 is the exception. Went here for "Dine Out" getting to try a wonderful smattering of what they offer on a normal basis. From appetizer to dessert everything was well prepared, seasoned well and great portions. Service was friendly and informative, but need to work on the beer knowledge a little....possibly expanding their offerings. All in all will be back to try one of their many other wonderful creations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at its bestSpryisleVIPDined on 10/12/2014Steak 954 is ALWAYS an awesome place for a dining experience. I enjoy spending time there. Waiters are always knowledgeable and can guide you through the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappyDined on 10/5/2014fish very small potion my 10 year old son still hungry received appetizer with no sauces bread was very hard side very good. steak had chard on it veyry disappoint when spending almost 400.00 with out drinksSpecial Features:
- Great for groups!GigiVIPDined on 10/5/2014I have a party of 9 and we were comfortable and had great choices for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great steaks, drinks, and service! Booked a reservation the day of, and had no issues. Sat inside with an ocean view, and met friendly service and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedPeterDined on 10/2/2014The food was good, but not good enough to justify the prices. Everything was too salty.
- What a find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Attention to detail! From walking in to the fresh made dozen cookies boxed to-go, everything was perfect. Go a bit early to get a head of the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 Year AnniversaryD54321Dined on 9/26/2014Our visit was amazing. Robert was the most attentive server! My husband and I had a wonderful and romantic time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodGREETandEATDined on 9/21/2014The ambiance, view, cocktails, and your company is best. I recommend returning so you can try a variety of the extensive brunch menu!Special Features:
- Delicious!sperDined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing. The Dry aged Ribeye is one of the best steaks I have ever enjoyed!!Special Features:
- A new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/14/2014We spend a lot of time in South Florida and thought that we had been everywhere of note for great steaks. I was blown away by Steak 954! If you don't mind the "unusual" genre of the W Hotels, you will love this place for the food and service. You can't beat the view either! We started with a broiled scallop appetizer and a shrimp cocktail. Very fresh and nicely presented. This was followed by a chopped salad which was excellent and too much for the two of us to share. NY Strip and a fillet followed, perfectly prepared and as I alluded to earlier, the best steaks that we have had in South Florida, and we have been everywhere! House made ice cream and a pair of huge cappuccinos for desert...nirvana. Simply the best.Special Features:
- ExpensiveEduBTDined on 9/13/2014If your waiter recommends something dont take it, it is the more expensive they have!!!Special Features:
- SuberbDinerDined on 9/13/2014Food was outstanding . Our server was absolutely outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Fantastic!maria55Dined on 9/13/2014Steak 954 was everything I expected and more. The location, the ocean view, décor, beautiful people, amazing food and our waitress Danielle was Outstanding. So glad my husband decided on Steak 954 for my birthday dinner date. Thanks guys for making my birthday Dinner Fantastic!!!! Oh I almost forgot...even the valet service was great!Special Features:
- Great food but lousy service!1ReservationFanVIPDined on 9/13/2014We are locals who have enjoyed the food many times but contine to find the service poor! Given all the other beach options this may have been our last visit. Sad but true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good atmosphere.LuvhoundsDined on 9/12/2014Steak was excellent as well as the lobster and risotto. Galette dessert was less than desirable. chocolate peanut cake was very good. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Australian Waygu!CheriejayDined on 9/11/2014The Austrailian Waygu steaks are off the chart amazing. I had the filet and my husband had the ribeye. Sat outside on the patio in the evening. It was very romantic, and the offshore rain storm added to The scenery. Beautiful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!boop716VIPDined on 9/11/2014The best prime rib ever! Food was delicious as always. The stuffed hash brown potato is unique and delicious. jT our server was attentive and offered suggestions. We celebrated my boy friends birthday. We visit this restaurant every trip we make to Ft Lauderdale, it's a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointed!WillieDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding dinner. My filet was bar none the best steak I've had in my life. Everything from the appetizers to the desert was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant and I'll be returning the next time I'm in that par of the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyerodDined on 9/6/2014Good food but noisy. We enjoyed the menu but sat next to a group celebrating a birthday . A lot of yellingSpecial Features:
- War of the Wines! 🌟YikesDined on 9/4/2014Look forward to the next wine tasting! I wanna go where everybody knows my name!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatjF7FSUDined on 9/4/2014The steak was good not great. It was over seasoned and too salty. Cooked perfectly and very tender. The truffle Mac and cheese was too al dente and a little hard. I prefer capital grille or Morton's.Special Features:
- Brunch at steak 954OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Had brunch with four family members including a teenager. Menu has a variety to satisfy standard and adventurous palates. Service was excellent, attentive but not overbearing. Restricted view of the ocean but a very nice decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversary dinner!eamossDined on 8/30/2014From the moment we walked in we were treated like family by the entire team. We arrived early for our reservation because we were eager to try some cocktails at the bar. Our bartender Tiffany was great. She even recommended a wine for dinner which was perfect. We were greeted at our table by complimentary champagne to help celebrate our anniversary. Amazing food and even better service!Special Features:
- Brunch with the Birthday girlOmar954Dined on 8/30/2014My girlfreind and I went to the W to celebrate her birthday with brunch. From the time we called the hostess to inform them we were running late to the time the valet brought us our vehicle the service was top notch. The brunch was reasonably priced and tasted excellent we will definently be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014Although the restaurant was half empty, they tried to cram us in to a table next to the window that clearly did not have enough room from the table next to it. The soup (lobster bisque) was only warm - I believe soup should be hot. The food is generally too rich and salty and the service was adequate at best.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Food, ambience and service were all outstanding. We have dined there for a romantic dinner and for a large group celebration, and both occasions are suited to Steak 954.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNautikaMPDined on 8/23/2014The food was great, I wasn't too crazy about the Jellyfish tank since sea life makes me squirm. The baked Alaska was the highlight, it was actually better than the waygu filet steak!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014most definitely one of Ft.Lauderdales finest dining experiences.Special Features:
- Special Occasion placeBethVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have been there three times. Neither of our steaks were cooked this time exactly as we ordered them though the meal was good overall.the wine list continues to be overpriced even when compared to the other big bpbame steak places. The service and experience though was very good and we got a complimentary birthday dessert.Special Features:
- Best if the Best!JEV92563Dined on 8/21/2014This was a 10 star experience made so very special by our waiter, Robert. Fine food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience AgainFrequentTravelerVIPDined on 8/20/2014As always, the filet mignon was excellent and the brussel sprouts were great. The trio of ice cream sandwiches were amazing too.Special Features:
- Absolute gem!KC22blueDined on 8/19/2014The food, service and ambiance was perfect. My fiancé and I had our last meal of our vacation here…and it was fabulous! We could not ask for anything better. The cod was amazing…and the dessert was outstanding…and truffled fries were a major plus!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and very nice placeErikidsDined on 8/17/2014Excelllent food, good service. The restaurant is beautifull with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchadeturkDined on 8/17/2014Great location - right on the beach. Loved the decor especially the jellyfish tank - so cool. The short rib benedict was out of this world - meat was succulent and tender, egg perfectly poached and hollandaise was just the right amount of creamy and lemony. Throughly enjoyed the house made pop-tarts; it was flaky and flavorful. Great coffee too.Special Features: