Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steak954.com/
- Phone: (954)414-8333
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00am to 11:00am; Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday to Thursday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm to 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00 am to 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason L. Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Rosanna Cintron 9544148333
A word from Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
STEAK 954 is a modern boutique ocean-front steakhouse. The restaurant features dry aged beef from hand picked ranches; Tajima Kobe from Australia, locally caught seafood, and the finest wines and spirits with selections from all over the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)scenic view (97)great for outdoor dining (95)romantic (85)fit for foodies (60)hot spot (57)notable wine list (46)good for groups (39)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (16)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (13)special occasions (1)Show More
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014Although the restaurant was half empty, they tried to cram us in to a table next to the window that clearly did not have enough room from the table next to it. The soup (lobster bisque) was only warm - I believe soup should be hot. The food is generally too rich and salty and the service was adequate at best.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Food, ambience and service were all outstanding. We have dined there for a romantic dinner and for a large group celebration, and both occasions are suited to Steak 954.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014most definitely one of Ft.Lauderdales finest dining experiences.Special Features:
- Special Occasion placeBethVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have been there three times. Neither of our steaks were cooked this time exactly as we ordered them though the meal was good overall.the wine list continues to be overpriced even when compared to the other big bpbame steak places. The service and experience though was very good and we got a complimentary birthday dessert.Special Features:
- Best if the Best!JEV92563Dined on 8/21/2014This was a 10 star experience made so very special by our waiter, Robert. Fine food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience AgainFrequentTravelerVIPDined on 8/20/2014As always, the filet mignon was excellent and the brussel sprouts were great. The trio of ice cream sandwiches were amazing too.Special Features:
- Absolute gem!KC22blueDined on 8/19/2014The food, service and ambiance was perfect. My fiancé and I had our last meal of our vacation here…and it was fabulous! We could not ask for anything better. The cod was amazing…and the dessert was outstanding…and truffled fries were a major plus!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Excelllent food, good service. The restaurant is beautifull with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchadeturkDined on 8/17/2014Great location - right on the beach. Loved the decor especially the jellyfish tank - so cool. The short rib benedict was out of this world - meat was succulent and tender, egg perfectly poached and hollandaise was just the right amount of creamy and lemony. Throughly enjoyed the house made pop-tarts; it was flaky and flavorful. Great coffee too.Special Features:
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Food and service were excellent. Restaurant does not have the feel of the upscale restaurant it is supposed to be. Bland table settings and very loud. Not good for a business dinner and good conversation.Special Features:
- YumEatinWellVIPDined on 8/14/2014Nice atmosphere with beach views and great food. Service was delightful. Bar was a bit iffy on remembering to make the drinks you ordered. And they made it right quickly and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMimosaDined on 8/9/2014They really made up for last time . It has gotten even better . I really for the first time since opening I enjoyed my mealSpecial Features:
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything was perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConnoisseursConnoisseursVIPDined on 8/3/2014Energetic! Mostly due to whining babies due to rude parents. The server was adequate/Fair. Would have appreciated "Very Good"! Sunday Brunch foods were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- minenattylifeDined on 8/3/2014first time here for brunch, been here multiple times for dinner. the brunch menu is delicious. the raw bar for 2 was shared at our table as an appetizer. my only complaint is that it took quite a while for our food to arrive. not sure if it was because we had the appetizer, but its a little disheartening to see 5-6 tables sit after you get their food far faster than you. we were a table of 6 (4 adults + 2 kids) but only the adults ate ( we brought food for the kids). at dinner, we never had this problem hereSpecial Features:
- steak 954OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, a good experience. The food was good. The service was very goo. Definately recommendSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Birthday Dinner!MikeDined on 8/2/2014We started off with the seafood platter for 2. It was excellent. Then we had a burrata cheese salad and one beet salad that were yummy! The steak was grilled to perfection as were all the side dishes. Don't miss dessert. It is hard to make a selection! A superb evening dinning for 2 hours with a great view of the ocean. Managers ask us how everything was though out the meal.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Love the steak and the ambiance! One down side is it felt a little rushed... Wish it could have lasted longer!Special Features:
- SteakDined on 7/29/2014Everything was outstanding except the steak. I ordered mine medium plus which should have been a pink but not red center. There was no color anywhere in the steak it was still OK but nothing great. Apetizers were excellent and service was outstanding but I have had much better steaks.
- Great steak houseVal12345Dined on 7/26/2014We went to steak 954 to celebrate our anniversary. We had reservations and were immediately sat upon arrival. Our waiter was well informed about all menu items. My only complaint was the one of our appetizers was forgotten and they offered to bring it once our meal arrived. We felt that we didn't need it so we just said take it off out bill since it never arrived. The meal was excellent and so was the lobster bisque and our chocolate lava cake. Just wish for forgetting our appetizer our waiter would have offered a complimentary glass of wine or dessert or even coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodieDined on 7/26/2014The service was amazing. We had Andrew and he was great. The good was amazing as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All sizzle AND steak!shartoozieDined on 7/26/2014A warm and elegant dining experience with outstanding hospitality and delicious food to match. We started with the lobster & crab coconut ceviche and pan seared scallops. Scallops were cooked to perfection. The 18 oz dry aged ribeye is possibly the best steak I've ever had. We had them slice it in the kitchen and shared it between the two of us. The tomato & burrata can't be missed. Other must haves include the truffle potato gratin and mushrooms & onions as sides. Be sure to save time at the end to order the chocolate soufflé made to order. You can thank me later.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014We had a great dinner and time. Thank you for the birthday cupcake ... added an extra special touch to a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!!!FoodieLover24Dined on 7/20/2014I made reservations for Steak 954 through Open Table. It was very easy and reliable. Not only was I able to rescheduled my reservations due to my work schedule, but the restaurant was able to fulfil all my special requests that I listed down. They seated us somewhere with a gorgeous view, and every person that we encountered wished my boyfriend a happy birthday. The food and drinks were just superb! I highly recommend the pan seared scallops and truffle mac and cheese. For entrees, we had the filet and crispy duck duo. All were cooked perfectly! If you're looking for a place to go to for a romantic evening or to celebrate a special event, I highly recommend Steak 954. My boyfriend and I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodChestnutDined on 7/20/2014We live local but love taking a ride down to the W and having breakfast. The food is always good and it's nice to look out at the ocean while dining. Dinner creates a different atmosphere and could be fun to go with friends or for a romantic evening out. We are always pleased when we go here.Special Features:
- beethovenDined on 7/19/2014Have been there many times and have never been disappointed. The wait staff is superb. Front desk -tops. The food can't be beat. We drive from Aventura to Steak 954 frequently. The best steaks in South Florida.Special Features:
- pivotmtDined on 7/19/2014Great experience. The sides were particularly interesting. Smoked Cauliflower and the Brussel Sprouts were both done in a way none of us had experienced. The steaks were perfect as were the lamb chops. The service was very timely without being overbearing. We highly recommend this to anyone wanted a high end steakhouse experience.Special Features:
- Good food, great energymichaelVIPDined on 7/18/2014A steak restaurant is a steak restaurant. In the end, it comes down to the ability of the team to prepare the entree as desired (e.g. how the steak is cooked), the quality of service, and the atmosphere. To that end, Steak 954 hits all three (a hat trick for you Florida Panther fans). But the thing that takes Steak 954 over the top is the atmosphere. While the noise level can reach a point that it is almost impossible to hear the server, the energy generated makes up for that minor short fall. This is a good restaurant for friends to gather, a date, or an evening with your significant other. I would not recommend for a business dinner if a serious discussion will accompany the meal. Give Steak 854 a try; you will be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the BESTLocalDined on 7/17/2014Wow. So I've had steak before, but THIS was so much more. The entire experience was amazing (and I don't think I've ever said that about dinner). Seated next to the jellyfish tank--- totally cool! Wine list is impressive. But the food! Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but you certainly won't regret it. Staff was very friendly and enthusiastic to offer (honest) recommendations. If you're going to be in Ft. Laudy, and you want a fantastic steak, make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the best in FLLAlanVIPDined on 7/17/2014From fantastic filets to great appetizers and salads, the food is top notch. But beyond that, the wonderful maître d' staff even remembered and reserved my favorite table without a request. This is really amazing service at such a busy establishment. Coupled with great food, another perfect evening at 954!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sultan of SaltMikeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Service good. Interior design seems modern Howard Johnson's. Exterior excellent use of plant life and furnishings. Food: crab cocktail smelled a day past the sell date. A glob of salt on top further ruined the dish. Lobster bisque ok. It did not seem fresh, flavors muted, slight briny notes suggests over reduced. Lobster shreds not chunks or parts. The twin Waygu sliders presented smartly! Great buns and dressed differently. Proportions perfect. Should have stopped there. Biting in I got a huge blast of salt from the patty. All the hard work and wonderful ingredients suffered for all I tasted was salt. I expect more from a Lux hotel. Suggest you try Shula's a block away or Via Luna where seafood is always Fresh, Fresh, Fresh!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014The entire experience was ok. You don't have to wear your best clothes..... It's more of a relaxed and casual but expensive dining experience. The food was fine not the best but tasty and fresh. I really enjoyed the snapper however at $28 for a 3 inch price of fish on tzaziki sauce, one would consider it overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall packageJeffDined on 7/13/2014Service, Atmosphere, Food Etc were outstanding. Real Tacky to charge $5.00 for Valet Parking. If you are going to discount is as a patron then just cover it completely.Special Features:
- Not what it once wasSemituffDined on 7/12/2014Six of us for Saturday dinner. Were looking forward to one of our favorite restaurants.Were disappointed that attention to detail and service level have been allowed to slip so badly. Menu covers are white. Difficult to keep clean, but their choice. We were given a specialty cocktail menu that appeared to have bits of food on it. Not very appetizing. Waiter had no business waiting tables. Always had great waiters here before. Not this evening. Besides getting drink orders wrong, keeping us waiting, two couples asked to split two salads. Salads were brought to the table without being split. Had to do it ourselves. (Waiter?) Food was good, but service so poor. No manager ever checked on us. Too many other good rest's in the area to go back.
- it was okvdabbs1Dined on 7/5/2014The filet steak was less than 1 inch thick like a sizzle steak and was tough. Not what I expected for a place called Steak 954. The sides were OK not too flavorful. Coffee was cold and old. Only the view and location were good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014One of my top choices each time we visit Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceghet777Dined on 7/5/2014Both the food and service were outstanding. Wall tank with jellyfish was pretty cool. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for a steakCarlaVIPDined on 7/4/2014While I don't eat steak often, I thought this would be my night since the restaurant specializes in this. While the steak was good, I didn't find anything outstanding or that it was any better than one I could make myself. The steak was prepared to my liking but lacked any real flavor. Service was excellent even though it was a holiday and the staff were friendly and compliant.Special Features:
- Nice location, ambience...meh foodsigparDined on 6/30/2014Really nice location and ambiance, friendly staff, but very slow service. We split the porter house steak, ordered medium rare, which came out pink and much of it was fatty and chewy. The appetizers were very good (chopped salad, tuna tartar, buffalo mozz), but the side dishes not so much (large stalky asparagus, small tasteless scallop potatoes). Being from NYC perhaps my expectations were too high. However, they market themselves in a way that leads you to believe you will be getting a Capital Grill or Uncle Jacks steakhouse quality meal. More closely matches that of a Long Horn steak house.Special Features:
- Will be back!Ginger1110Dined on 6/28/2014We celebrated our one year wedding anniversary here. The meal was amazing and the service was also great. Our server David was excellent. The ladies at the host desk greeted us with smiles and wished us a happy anniversary. It was a very special night. We went back for breakfast the next day and again had another great experience. We would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.