Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steak954.com/
- Phone: (954) 414-8333
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00am to 11:00am; Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday to Thursday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm to 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00 am to 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason L. Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Rosanna Cintron 9544148333
A word from Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale
STEAK 954 is a modern boutique ocean-front steakhouse. The restaurant features dry aged beef from hand picked ranches; Tajima Kobe from Australia, locally caught seafood, and the finest wines and spirits with selections from all over the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)scenic view (84)great for outdoor dining (80)romantic (78)fit for foodies (65)hot spot (51)notable wine list (45)good for groups (44)great for brunch (31)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Food excellent service could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/23/2014We stopped by for brunch this Sunday. The design of the restaurant was nice and what you would expect from a W. We sat on the terrace which was great. We ordered some appetizers (crab cakes and oysters) and some entree items (eggs Benedict, omelet, steak). Unfortunately the entrees came before the appetizers. Then as we were eating the entree the apps came which we sent back as just decided to eat in reverse. Part way through eating they were bought out the apps again. Dessert also was a little messed up. 2 of the party were gluten intolerant. We had informed them this at the beginning. My father just wanted ice cream but what came out were ice cream sandwiches full of items containing gluten. The 2nd attemp was regular ice cream but also with cookies crumbs in it......the food runners did not really know what was what and what contained what. They did adjust the bill slightly but you would expect much better service from a W, a big shame because the food itself was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BadExperienceDined on 11/22/2014My visit to steak 954 was great. My waiter was awesome.I will definitely be back to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the better steaks in S. Florida.EzinnDined on 11/22/2014Title says it all. Compared to Prine 112, Smith & Lawensky, capital Grill, chops, this is one of the better steaks. Pricey- but so are the others. I recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Steak DinnertbeeDined on 11/19/2014When you are craving a giant, juicy steak. Tender, rare but encrusted with a bit too much salt for me and the ceasar salad was drenched in dressing - next time I'll simply ask them to hold off on the salt, put the dressing on the side and it will be great. Side dishes of brussels sprouts and cauliflower were great compliment to everyones steaks. Their rendition of key lime pie with kefir lime was excellent! I've dined there twice in the last month for biz dinners, and it was quite loud. so this may not be the perfect romantic spot (unless there are quieter tables). Just writing this makes me crave their filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLivetoeatVIPDined on 11/19/2014Living in the Philadelphia area we are very familiar with the Starr restaurant conglomerate and have enjoyed many meals at a variety of his establishments. That said, I was very disappointed with the ribeye I had at Steak 954. You would expect, at the very least, the Steaks would be memorable in a good way, mine was not. I ordered my ribeye mid-rare and it arrived well into medium. The meat was under seasoned requiring me to add both salt and pepper. The cauliflower and kale was over seasoned to the point of being inedible. Steak 954 is located within a mile or two of other steakhouses including Shula's, Capital Grill and Truluck's. You would think 954 would want to be competitive. It's not and I will not return. Interestingly, we ate at Truluck's the evening before and had a perfectly cooked and seasoned ribeye. It was very memorable, in the best possible way.Special Features:
- Business DinnerFtlFLproptaxPTAGDined on 11/11/2014Was everything a host would hope for and more. The food was outstanding and the service was attentive. Our guests were pleased.Special Features:
- Didn't earn the $$$$noodlesDined on 11/10/2014The setting was special, the service was great, but my steak left me feeling disappointed. Ordered the "Prime New York Strip" and it wasn't. It was dry and lack the tenderness and flavor I would expect from this cut of meat. My wife enjoyed her fish and both both of the sides we ordered. The stuffed hash-browns were great, but I came for the meat.Special Features:
- Excellent Food/Service/ScenicNanaDined on 11/9/2014Best dinner possible for party of 6 (4 adults 2 kids). Previous visit had a few minor complaints & manager must have been alerted. He made a point to check on entire table several time. Server 'Kelli'was most attentive & knowlegable. Food was good value & presentation. Looking forward to return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goooooddd meat!AvalaurenDined on 11/7/2014It was an $85 wagu ribeye but it was pretty dang good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary GrillCruisinggalDined on 11/4/2014Very contemporary. Great menu for steaks, but quite pricey. Great service. Beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST in Ft. LauderdaleHolidaysDined on 11/3/2014We have been here three times, each time we visit Ft. Lauderdale. Our kids were with us this time and said it may be the BEST steakhouse they have ever eaten in, and they live in Colorado and love beef. The warm cookies to go were a highlight! Thanks for making our meal so memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak HouseYODODined on 11/1/2014Excellent Steak house , large selection of different types of steaks and sides. Have been there 3 years in a row and would go back next time in Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014Nice view and really good view!!! Perfect place to bring your date. Romantic and pretty cool place! Steak 954 and capital grille are my 2 favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKentiluv2dineDined on 10/29/2014This is the first time we are at this place and it was amazing. I took my husband their for his 30th birthday and he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!wine8dineDined on 10/29/2014I enjoy the food, service, and scenery everytime I visit down to the valet the place is great all around I would recommend it to anybody birthday anniversary or just plain old breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and Seafood by the SeaMike54Dined on 10/26/2014I've been to STEAK 954 four times and each experience has been excellent except for this time. We had 4 people order the Filet, 2 ordered it Medium Rare and 2 ordered it Medium. One person, whose birthday it was, wanted to have his cooked Medium Well and we convinced him to try Medium. The waiter said he would tell the chef to cook his "slightly" more to make his to his liking. Unfortunately, I think the chef left all our steaks on too long because not one of the steaks even had a touch of pink in it. While the one person was very pleased with his steak, the other 3 people had severely overdone steaks. In hindsite, we should have returned them however we didn't want to ruin his birthday by making him wait for our steaks to be redone.Special Features:
- Any reasonKweenDined on 10/25/2014I first came to steak 954 for a birthday and it was amazing enough for me to come back for my anniversary the vibe the food the service everything was top notch and not only could you come for special occasions but is definitely a perfect place to come just cause definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crime against wagyuJohnWintersVIPDined on 10/21/2014Kitchen should not be allowed to handle wagyu. It’s unbelievable that the kitchen can somehow turn a $85 wagyu ribeye into a salt lick. My taste buds were screaming for mercy with each bite. Water was not refilled until the end of the meal. I ended up leaving about $40 of the wagyu on the plate. The tuna/foie gras taco, on the other hand, were excellent.
- Birthday celebrationsuzybeDined on 10/20/2014Dined here as we wanted some where within walking distance of our hotel on the sea front. We both had fillet mignon and have to say it is one of the best steaks we have had, and we are both fans of a good steak. The restaurant was busy and became reasonably noisy but not impact full of our evening. The service was excellent. We had a bottle of wine which was quite pricey but had a very memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous and great serviceMarmarDined on 10/19/2014Highly recommended. You can dine inside or al fresco and enjoy a pleasant wait staff. The food was excellent. The view of Ft Lauderdale Beach is wonderful. I am so happy we decided to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting moreilovegoodfoodDined on 10/19/2014The food was okay. It was nothing special. The view was nice though.Special Features:
- Tacky, Crass, InsultingfussyfoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014They really know how to spoil an experience. While I have to say the food was very good, when you are presented with the bill for your dinner, you also receive a 4 x 6 inch printed card from the restaurant reminding you to "TIP YOUR SERVER" !! I have never been so rudely treated by a restaurant. Do they think their customers are ignorant peasants? What's next…..a card reminding you "Don't Eat with Your Fingers" ???
- Mother/Daugther Friday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner this past Friday night at Steak 954. We shared the bracon wrapped scallop appetizer and lettuce wedge salad. These were both delicious. For our entree, I had the 8oz filet and she had the aged rubbed rib eye and we shared the truffle au gratin potatos. This was too much but the left overs made a great breakfast the next day. Our server provided outstanding service and was very personable making our Mother/ Daughter dinner extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksFiveByFiveDined on 10/17/2014Our steaks were excellent and perfectly cooked, though the sides were underwhelming. The service was average at best; definitely below our expectations, considering the price point of the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solidRobertfeDined on 10/17/2014Food is always on spot and they are one of the very restaurants in town that understand wine service. I almost always bring wine, they have a moderate corkage fee and they always do a great job taking care of it. Have never had a bad experience here and it must be my 10th visit in the last few years. Keep it up!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysDfitVIPDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is so very good. Service is outstanding, food was five star. This was our second time and it was superb. Seafood was great as was the steaks. Rose the ice cream sandwiches for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMikeyJFlaDined on 10/16/2014We came here for our anniversary and had a great experience. In our open table reservation, we notified them that it was for our anniversary and we were greeted with complimentary champagne. We also came for the dine out florida pre-fix menu. I had the tuna tacos which were great (probably could just have an order of that for lunch) and then the 6oz filet, which was one of the best steaks I had in a long time. The only thing we were a little disappointed in was the desert.Special Features:
- wines123VIPDined on 10/15/2014The service was excellent and the 2 ladies who serviced our table were very good. The food was just ok, nothing special. My fish was overcooked. I was hoping it would be better then it was.
- Pleasantly surpriseddarinDined on 10/13/2014In a time when high price doesn't necessarily mean good quality finding a good restaurant can be challenging. Steak 954 is the exception. Went here for "Dine Out" getting to try a wonderful smattering of what they offer on a normal basis. From appetizer to dessert everything was well prepared, seasoned well and great portions. Service was friendly and informative, but need to work on the beer knowledge a little....possibly expanding their offerings. All in all will be back to try one of their many other wonderful creations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at its bestSpryisleVIPDined on 10/12/2014Steak 954 is ALWAYS an awesome place for a dining experience. I enjoy spending time there. Waiters are always knowledgeable and can guide you through the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappyDined on 10/5/2014fish very small potion my 10 year old son still hungry received appetizer with no sauces bread was very hard side very good. steak had chard on it veyry disappoint when spending almost 400.00 with out drinksSpecial Features:
- Great for groups!GigiVIPDined on 10/5/2014I have a party of 9 and we were comfortable and had great choices for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great steaks, drinks, and service! Booked a reservation the day of, and had no issues. Sat inside with an ocean view, and met friendly service and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedPeterDined on 10/2/2014The food was good, but not good enough to justify the prices. Everything was too salty.
- What a find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Attention to detail! From walking in to the fresh made dozen cookies boxed to-go, everything was perfect. Go a bit early to get a head of the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 Year AnniversaryD54321Dined on 9/26/2014Our visit was amazing. Robert was the most attentive server! My husband and I had a wonderful and romantic time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodGREETandEATDined on 9/21/2014The ambiance, view, cocktails, and your company is best. I recommend returning so you can try a variety of the extensive brunch menu!Special Features:
- Delicious!sperDined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing. The Dry aged Ribeye is one of the best steaks I have ever enjoyed!!Special Features:
- A new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/14/2014We spend a lot of time in South Florida and thought that we had been everywhere of note for great steaks. I was blown away by Steak 954! If you don't mind the "unusual" genre of the W Hotels, you will love this place for the food and service. You can't beat the view either! We started with a broiled scallop appetizer and a shrimp cocktail. Very fresh and nicely presented. This was followed by a chopped salad which was excellent and too much for the two of us to share. NY Strip and a fillet followed, perfectly prepared and as I alluded to earlier, the best steaks that we have had in South Florida, and we have been everywhere! House made ice cream and a pair of huge cappuccinos for desert...nirvana. Simply the best.Special Features:
- ok brunchGemFinderDined on 9/14/2014As opposed to some of the other local options, this place was quiet for bunch. Good food. The drinks were very overpriced.Special Features: