5101 N 44th St
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.steak44.com/
- Phone: 6022714400x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar is open 4pm till 12am nightly with bar menu starting at 4pm till 10pm. Dinner served 5pm till 10pm.
Open seven days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Baumberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Great music and songs you know by heart. A wide mix of 70's to 2014.
A word from Steak 44
Steak 44 is an upscale, warm contemporary American Steakhouse. The menu features prime steaks and extensive fresh seafood along with unique and original items offering more than a traditional steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Steak 44 - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Steak 44 reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)vibrant bar scene (113)hot spot (96)romantic (91)notable wine list (91)fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (85)good for groups (45)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great SpotNewtotherestaurantVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great dinner spot with attentive service. The manager stopped by our table and everyone was very attentive to our needs. The food is great and the wine list is wonderful as well. The only recommendation I would make after dining here a few times is that the wedge salad has way too much blue cheese dressing. I would definitely cut back on the dressing. I will just know to have them put dressing on the side in the future. Otherwise, wonderful place.Special Features:
- A must!Foodie54Dined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I met another couple for dinner on a Saturday; a first visit for all of us. We were impressed by the friendly and professional staff. We never felt rushed, like some restaurants who want to turn a table over every 45 minutes, we dined and enjoyed our evening for almost 2 hours. Our steak was prepared to perfection and we all would highly recommend the Dominick's Potatoes.....amazing! Truly a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OlabiDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated my sons 19th bday there. Party of 6. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.HubyVIPDined on 9/12/2014A little disappointed at a table in one of the back rooms but it did have a view of the kitchen. Food was awesome as always - especially the Asparagus fries. Our waiter recovered from a slight misstep on the appetizers very elegantly and it didn't impact the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!phxgalVIPDined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed this visit to Steak 44 .. they go over the top with customer service, and the food is perfectly prepared and presented! Our Chilean Sea Bass was some of the best I've ever had .. great veggies and perfect steaks. It is loud in the front of the restaurant, so if you prefer a quieter evening, request seating in the back room of the restaurant .. it's lovely and more private!Special Features:
- Good, but...SPieDined on 9/10/2014We ate in the bar, which is nice and big - lots of room to make it fun! We ordered off the bar menu and everything was really good. We had a few substitutions that didn't happen, though, and when we asked for a couple of condiments, it took ages before they arrived. Outside of that, everything was great and we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Steak 44...... Great Food.... But..tjacksonVIPDined on 9/10/2014There is no question that this is a fine establishment. they know how to cook a good steak. Overall, the food was great. If I had any advice..... 1) The noise level in the place is pretty hi. If you are sitting across from someone in the wrong place, you cannot hear what they are saying..... might want to try some acoustical damping of some kind, because it's super loud 2) Great service is a fine art..... too little, and customers are ticked.... BUT... way too much service that is over the top, and this is just as irritating. We had no less that 12+ visits to our table by the server, assistant, mgr. etc..... hard to eat when you are constantly being interrupted. Fix the noise and calibrate the service and you have a top steakhouse.Special Features:
- Can't wait to returnRuthinAZVIPDined on 9/8/2014The appetizer size portion of sauteed soft shells was better than any I've had on the East Coast. The rack of lamb sizzled on the plate when it was set in front of me and continued to sizzle. The flavor was outstanding and the portion was perfect - 4 bones! My husband's veal chop was also among the best he's ever had, certainly the best in Phoenix. Our server was helpful with menu questions and attentive throughout the meal. The restaurant is beautifully decorated with dim lights and small areas of seating, not in one giant room. The dinner was for a special occasion and the food, etc. made it a wonderful evening. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014Better than City Hall. Food and noise level. Def recommend to anybody who asks for a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!IAgirlDined on 9/7/2014Best filet minion I've had in AZ to date. Would definitely recommend over Mastros. Just make sure if you can't eat it all and get a doggy bag, that they put all of the leftovers in it....I got back to the resort we were staying at and realized my steak, which I had gotten oscar style (another $25), was minus the crab and asparagus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 356travelersDined on 9/5/2014The servers where very attentive. We will be back next time we are in town. We are looking forward to trying more on the menu. The warm bread is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointedPhoenixDined on 9/3/2014We loved Steak 44. The steak was cooked perfectly and it comes to the table piping hot on a 500 degree plate still sizzling. The Brussel sprouts were a delightful surprise. The potatoes were delicious. I didn’t care for as much was the beet salad. I found this salad did not have as much “vinegar” as I like it personally. It had sort of an orange flavor that I found not as appealing. I still gave the review 5 stars because my colleague liked it so it was more my preference. Also I thought the salad too large for a pre-meal dish. They are pretty expensive entrees were $35-$40 and everything was ala carte. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Food and AmbianceLVFrancoDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is excellent for any occasion. The experience was excellent and the staff was amazingSpecial Features:
- DisappointingdaynaDined on 9/1/2014My first visit wasn't impressive. Too bad because it's a few blocks from my home. There was nothing particularly noteworthy -- design, food, service. There are much better restaurants for a fraction of the cost. Not sure I'd go back.
- Great night!RealEstateGuyDined on 8/31/2014Great food and great service! Don't miss the corn creme brulee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak house. Won't disOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014This has to be one of e best steak houses I have been to in awhile. The service was perfect, food was great and prices were reasonable.
- A New Classic!NYE2014Dined on 8/30/2014Steak44 is another successful venture. Classic Rock meets contemporary design. The food is strict but if you behave, the the Chef will let you stay out later than curfew. Be a grateful patron and order an appetizer with your glass of wine or have a dessert for two and share it with four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute favoritecdavis1962Dined on 8/29/2014The experience is that of a fine New York steakhouse. The staff was great, excellent table and phenomenal food. No need to sell the sizzle with a great tasting steak. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuJuDined on 8/29/2014Food was amazing and the service made the night. Thank you.Special Features:
- Complete packageA++TLB007CADined on 8/28/2014The moment you get out of the car, walk-in and are greeted by the hostess, shown and seated at your table....everything was impeccable! You can literally ride the shrimp, it's gigantic! The crab cocktail was perfection as were our entrees of filet and veal chop. The cream corn brûlée should be illegal, it's THAT AWESOME, and the au gratin potatoes were complete perfection! Will so be coming back. Oh, get this...they CALLED me the next day to see how my dinner was??? Can you believe it?? Le Cirque or 21 in NYC don't even do that!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014If you're looking for the best steak you've ever had, no matter your preference, come to Steak 44. Not only will it be the best steak you've ever been served outside of your mommas kitchen, it will be the best dining experience you can receive in Phoenix. I will be returning for my birthday dinner with all of my friends and family for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, don't get stuck in backZag4Dined on 8/27/2014Food and service was excellent. The ambiance was great in the main room but my date and I were seated in the back room. The back room was small and there was a large group of ten dining in there. We were the only other table in the room which created an awkward experience. We asked to move to the main dining room but were unable to be accomadated. The food and service was excellent, just make sure to request the main dining room or bar areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceJohanneVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very nice place. Food is excellent and service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodyGyrlDined on 8/24/2014Amazing food, Amazing service, Amazing atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodJJ2602Dined on 8/23/2014I'm partial to Chicago steakhouses... always will be. Food, service, ambience... all top here. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Service - average beefQueenieDined on 8/22/2014The good: The attentive, knowledgeable service we received from AJ made the meal worthwhile. We've been wanting to try out Steak 44 for awhile, so we decided to go on my birthday weekend. Love the rolls, the single shrimp cocktail was luscious and atomic horseradish oh so satisfying. We chose the Brussels, scalloped potatoes (called something else, but it's what they are), lobster Mac and cheese, and mushrooms as sides. They were all very nicely executed, well flavored side dishes. I would get all but the Mac and cheese again. I love a good lobster addition...chunks of lobster mixed in prior to serving would provide a much better flavor than the claws; order it plain. Cons: City Hall, Donovan's, and Flemings filet is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest new findMCPCRKDined on 8/21/2014Everything was completely perfect from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak 44TerrDined on 8/20/2014The only thing I think should not be is the TV surrounding the diners. No one was watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerPhoenixDinerDined on 8/16/2014We went to Steak 44 for my husband's birthday dinner, and it was an excellent choice. All of the staff, and our server in particular, were just wonderful. All the food was amazing, but the bone-in filet with truffle butter was a standout, as were the lobster mashed potatoes. We were pleased with the cocktails we got and the wine list was pretty decent. One complaint and the only reason I can't give it five stars -- the music was horrible. With so much effort being put into all the little touches that make it such an upscale dinning experience, what's with the tacky music? Otherwise, it was excellent.Special Features:
- FabulousOICUR12VIPDined on 8/16/2014A must try.... stakes are wonderful crispy shrimp awesome and the service is out of this worldSpecial Features:
- Noise from happy hourCDAZVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time dining at Steak 44, and we came anticipating the same wonderful meal. We were seated in a different area of the restaurant, just the other side of the bar. Evidently, happy hour is a BIG deal here, and the bar was packed. We had a small table against the wall that denoted dining from bar. The noise level was so high that we couldn't enjoy a conversation at all, and several times, patrons overflowed into the area near our table, making it feel like there were standing over us as we tried to enjoy our 200$ meal. We were very disappointed. The sitting area was lovely, but way too close to the bar for any kind of ambienceSpecial Features:
- Best steak in PhoenixJohnPhxVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is my second time at 44, first time was great and this time was even better. Steaks are cooked to perfection, shrimp cocktail was great. Skip the onion rings, they were a bit tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe it was an off-night?AZLocalsDined on 8/14/2014I took my partner to Steak 44 to celebrate his Birthday... Perhaps the restaurant was "off" that evening. We thought the overall experience was just okay. The seating was so tight that our table continued to get bumped by the large group at the next table. Also, we couldn't hear ourselves speak, it was so loud. That wasn't so terrible but our food was EXTREMELY salty. I had the (overcooked) sea bass and he had the bone-in filet. Everything we ordered was over-the-top salted, no joke. We were hoping it would get better as each dish was served but it was the same throughout the evening. I would like to mention that the staff was great - professional & friendly. We will probably return but we may just stick to cocktails at the bar.Special Features:
- Mastro's does it againMacdewVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great new restaurant. The menu is awesome- so many great selections, you'll want to keep coming back to try everything! The food was perfect. Bone-in rib eye cooked to medium rare perfection! The plates are so hot, the bruleed corn carmelizes on it, adding a sweet finish. Biggest complaint- like every other Mastro's, the staff is very knowledgeable about food, but definitely lack fine dining training. I just don't understand why they receive so little education on the finer points. I can't even think about going to Ocean Club because of this. Also, get the music under control! So many speakers, adjusted way too loud. Management actually had someone raise it after the request to lower it was granted. ????Special Features:
- Classy cuisinerxmarilynrxVIPDined on 8/11/2014A wonderful dining experience; a bit less formal than its big brother Dominicks but with the same outstanding food and service! Loved the entire evening as everyone makes you feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarMikeDined on 8/11/2014This was my first visit to Steak 44. Because its owned by the folks who started Mastro's, I assumed it would be stellar--and it was. ONLY criticism was that I'd requested a quiet, low-traffic table for a birthday celebration. All was great except for the the large stereo speaker hanging about 18" overhead with overactive bass (hard to communicate across the table). The staff was gracious in turning down the volume. No more whining...the place is great--so if you have the cash to throw at a first rate steak; your money is well spent here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing nightNinaDined on 8/10/2014We are not new to Steak 44 which we initially loved. However on Sunday night our waiter was obviously not a pro - the rolls were uncooked, the Caesar Salad arrived without dressing except for parmesan cheese and the poached egg (I subsequently requested oil and vinegar) and that became a DIY fixer upper, the onion rings were soggy and my husband' s Rib Eye was visibly and taste = wise overdone. We did not have dessert. Our waiter anyone else approached our table to ask if "everything was allright. We understand this) even good restaurants have bad nights. We will probably try it again but never on a Sunday night or gor that matter a weekend night.
- Nothing specialKirstierrVIPDined on 8/9/2014Servers were too involved as they continually interrupted our meal with pointless checking in. Food was just ok. Overpriced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014We loved it. Enjoyed our table with the view of the kitchen very much.Special Features:
- More than STEAK 44ShollandDined on 8/8/2014Visited Steak 44 for the first time - finally there is a great steak house in Scottsdale. The restaurant looks and feels great - service was absolutely fantastic (and I am critical of service) and the food and drink was wonderful. My new favorite restaurant in Scottsdale. My only concern is everyone else will feel the same and it will be challenging to get a table...a good problem to have for the owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.