5101 N 44th St
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.steak44.com/
- Phone: 6022714400x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar is open 4pm till 12am nightly with bar menu starting at 4pm till 10pm. Dinner served 5pm till 10pm.
Open seven days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Baumberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Great music and songs you know by heart. A wide mix of 70's to 2014.
A word from Steak 44
Steak 44 is an upscale, warm contemporary American Steakhouse. The menu features prime steaks and extensive fresh seafood along with unique and original items offering more than a traditional steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Steak 44 - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Steak 44 reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)vibrant bar scene (105)fit for foodies (95)romantic (93)notable wine list (93)neighborhood gem (86)hot spot (86)good for groups (49)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not just a steak place!AmuseeDined on 10/26/2014The food was exceptional. Lots of choices in addition to steak. Great veal chop, tasty meatloaf, and a hearty short rib. The sides are smaller than your usual steak place, but they were a lot more varied. We had a wonderful meal and will return soon.Special Features:
- Great placePhxyyzVIPDined on 10/26/2014Dined here twice. Great steaks. Ask for quiet room as the noise level is very high near the bar. Service was very good. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014We were a table of 6 celebrating dinner after our wedding reception the night before. The food, recommendations, wine, etc. was great. The only interesting thing...was when we were about to leave and they provided our take home boxes, the table server (white coat gentleman) seemed very bothered when we asked him if things were mixed up for he placed bags on the left of each person...and one person did not. Since we were friends but not into eating food of others, we asked if we missed a bag? He was not happy explaining to us that he placed one bag to the right of the person. Rolling his eyes as he walked away...I am sure he did not expect we would see that... Our waiter was great...and the dessert was very nice. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great New Find!AZmomVIPDined on 10/25/2014A fun and not snobby steak house. Great for a special occasion or for appetizers and drinks. Wine menu was outstanding and I had a hard time choosing side dishes with my halibut because they all sounded so good. Service was outstanding, he knew his wine, menu and was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City StyleJonathanphxDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant has the vibe of a London, NYC - Paris restaurant. Great for Phoenix. Always buzzing with interesting and great looking patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeanMDined on 10/24/2014Was a fun place, not too stuffy, or casual. But it was so loud we had to shout across the table at each other! Also, seafood was just ok. Husband had the steak which was supposedly amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday celebrationJJ5853Dined on 10/23/2014What makes a truly special experience is the way the staff makes you feel and steak 44 did not disappoint. From the warm greeting as you walked in, to the friendly waitstaff, to the email thanking me for coming. That is what will bring me back to this restaurant. Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!EatoutoftenVIPDined on 10/23/2014The Mastro family has done it again. Hip, but classy. Always busy, but service and food never disappoint. Some of the coolest cars ever at the valet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional SteakhouseOutstandingDined on 10/18/2014This is by far the best steak house in the Valley. Well worth experiencing. Their customer service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodPHLGAL05Dined on 10/15/2014Our bussers were top notch and waitress was friendly. Food was outstanding, a bit pricy when nothing is included with steak. Sides were good portions however paying additional for a salad was little more than expected. Our party of four did agree that the steaks were cooked and seasoned to perfection. Not a kid-friendly place (no kids menu) so don't recommend taking young kids.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave the level of service is exceptional! We experienced over the top service while at the restaurant and a follow up call the next day to inquire as to how our dining experience was. The food was amazing. I had a filet while my husband enjoyed the sea bass, both were cooked to perfection. Our other dining companions had a choice of fish and steak as well and everyone was extremely pleased with their choices. The seasonings and butter/oils used were on par - not too much as in many restaurants. We also tried the steamed spinach, mac and cheese and house potatoes ~ all wonderful. Cocktails made the old fashion way and an excellent wine list. Thank you Steak 44 - you nailed it! Well DoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive!BaileybearDined on 10/14/2014A very enjoyable experience! Very good service and the food was excellent. We went for a business dinner. I had the scallops which were cooked perfectly and a generous portion. I had a bite of my colleage's steak which was also very good. Caesar salad was tasty as well as the strawberry butter cake for dessert. Altogether a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Steak 44JeannieLV1Dined on 10/12/2014I dine in some incredible restaurants and Steak 44 is my new favorite Steak House! Amazing food and amazing service! Definitely a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So ThoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We came for our 8 year anniversary and they gave us an amazing red velvet bread pudding dessert that said "happy 8 year anniversary". Food was beyond delicious! Dominick's potatoes are so much more than just potatoes! Or server was wonderful also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best R estaurantsJandellDined on 10/11/2014I have lived in Arizona for over 40 years. I have seen restaurants come and go of all calibers, even the one that used to be where Steak 44 is right now. I have watched this city grow from a town to a thriving city and of course with that comes the quality food. And I say quality because if you don't have that, you don't have a city worth talking about. This is a city of winter visiters and convention people, not to mention all the wonderful sports and concerts that come here. After all, we do have one of the biggest events of all come 2015.....The Super Bowl! Feed them well and they will return. I don't think there is anything you could do to improve upon your restaurant. I know I will return.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningFoodStarCriticDined on 10/11/2014We were greeted warmly and lead through the immaculate kitchen to our dining room overlooking a candlelit garden terrace. Shawn and the team provided friendly, helpful & efficient service. Starting with the piping hot rolls to the BLT wedge salad to the calamari/shrimp & amazing fried delved eggs we were very impressed. We both chose the Delmonico steaks: one Ala Oscar one Classic. They arrived sizzling and cooked to perfection. The corn cream brûlée and Vidalia onion rings were awesome. We were treated to strawberry shortcake as an encore: scrumptious! The GM, Daniel, touched based a few times to make sure all was well & that we were happy. So, great venue, cocktails, music, service & menu: a superb value. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot and vibrant sceneFoodForThoughtDined on 10/8/2014Steak 44 defiantly show all the signs of the new trendy restaurant in the Phoenix are. Although not cheap the service is USUALLY attentive (however not consistent), the bar scene is vibrant and the food is solid. Great martinis, steaks are some of the best in town and because of how the restaurant is structured it is easy to either be part of "the party" by joining the bar area, it having a more relaxing, intimate time in one of the other rooms the establishment offers. Great for business meetings and dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think it's time to change rubsNathanVIPDined on 10/7/2014Steak44 is a great place. The problem is that their rub kills the actual flavor on almost everything. I forgot to ask for no "proprietary" rub on my steak and it was just not that good. Sad given that it's a prime cut. Same with my girlfriend's sea bass. So salty that she had to scape off the top to eat it. For the prices charged, it's really unacceptable. And when you wake up at 3am needing water because you've ingested so much salt, it's kind of telling. But great space and certainly great potential. Next time I'll remember to leave off the rub.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Elegance yet comfortable enviornment is a hard mix to find, yet they have done it here. The food was delicious. Scallops, filet, creme brullee cream corn, lobster mac n cream, crab cocktail, bread - all fantastic! Daniel took time to see if we were enjoying ourselves and was truly interested in how we felt about our experience. My daughter was in town for a dental school interview and the next thing we knew - a good luck dessert was brought to our table! Made my daughter's evening. :) Our wait staff was wonderful! Our water glasses were never empty, but we did not feel encroached upon in the least. Thank You for a night to remember in Arcadia, AZ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Very good. We chose Sunday so it would be quiet & would allow our party to visit with each other w/o yelling. It was perfect. Food great & service was fabulous. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SermelDined on 10/4/2014Had n issue with an entree we ordered however the general manager went far and beyond to correct it and with that we will definitely be back! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The best steak and seafood in Phoenix. It remains our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak 44 GemdejmotodezDined on 10/2/2014Fantastic service along with excellent foodis a win win ....will make it a regular stop.....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014Too noisy by bar. We could barely hear each other speak. Would be nice to have some healthy options, laden with butter and calories.
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014Outstanding menu with just enough variety to select a great meal whether it be steak, fish, or lamb. Creative selection of sides. Beautiful atmosphere. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wil316Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent new restaruant in the neighborhood! The food was excellent and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect mealMKatherineVIPDined on 9/27/2014Open Table should really add an extra star to their rating system because just 5 stars is not enough. I really did not think that perfect service existed in restaurants anymore, but was proven very wrong last Friday night. We never got the chance to need anything all evening long because someone was always there before we realized that we needed it. Dinner was amazing and the food was perfect. I will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great dinnerReviewVIPDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful meal with stellar service. Our table was located close to a speaker just away from the bar which made dinner conversation a little difficult though. Upon return, I will ask for a quieter table location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!13platesVIPDined on 9/26/2014This may be a steak place, but the oysters are fantastic! Fresh and perfectly textured. The 3 sauces added wonderful flavor. The filet, with or without the bone is always perfect. Our server, Travis, wisely told us to order medium rare as the hot plate keeps cooking the meat a bit. Moist and delicious. They do an excellent job, everyone works together and they are happy. We went early, so the atmosphere was a bit quieter than after 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Came here to celebrate my birthday, could not have been more pleased. Food, service, ambiance all top notch. Will be back, hopefully soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!DeeannDined on 9/19/2014I have been to Steak 44 the past two Friday's and the food and service and wine is amazing! Steaks melt in your mouth! I would go back just for the crab cakes and a salad and glass of wine. Been going to this location since 1977 and love the new look! Will keep going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotNewtotherestaurantVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great dinner spot with attentive service. The manager stopped by our table and everyone was very attentive to our needs. The food is great and the wine list is wonderful as well. The only recommendation I would make after dining here a few times is that the wedge salad has way too much blue cheese dressing. I would definitely cut back on the dressing. I will just know to have them put dressing on the side in the future. Otherwise, wonderful place.Special Features:
- A must!Foodie54Dined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I met another couple for dinner on a Saturday; a first visit for all of us. We were impressed by the friendly and professional staff. We never felt rushed, like some restaurants who want to turn a table over every 45 minutes, we dined and enjoyed our evening for almost 2 hours. Our steak was prepared to perfection and we all would highly recommend the Dominick's Potatoes.....amazing! Truly a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OlabiDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated my sons 19th bday there. Party of 6. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.HubyVIPDined on 9/12/2014A little disappointed at a table in one of the back rooms but it did have a view of the kitchen. Food was awesome as always - especially the Asparagus fries. Our waiter recovered from a slight misstep on the appetizers very elegantly and it didn't impact the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!phxgalVIPDined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed this visit to Steak 44 .. they go over the top with customer service, and the food is perfectly prepared and presented! Our Chilean Sea Bass was some of the best I've ever had .. great veggies and perfect steaks. It is loud in the front of the restaurant, so if you prefer a quieter evening, request seating in the back room of the restaurant .. it's lovely and more private!Special Features:
- Good, but...SPieVIPDined on 9/10/2014We ate in the bar, which is nice and big - lots of room to make it fun! We ordered off the bar menu and everything was really good. We had a few substitutions that didn't happen, though, and when we asked for a couple of condiments, it took ages before they arrived. Outside of that, everything was great and we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- best around....Lucky1818VIPDined on 9/10/2014Cannot go wrong with this at all.....best service and best food with a very professional management staff and service staff that is a well oiled machine! Way to go Frank for orchestrating the team to success.....sorry about the Yankees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak 44...... Great Food.... But..tjacksonVIPDined on 9/10/2014There is no question that this is a fine establishment. they know how to cook a good steak. Overall, the food was great. If I had any advice..... 1) The noise level in the place is pretty hi. If you are sitting across from someone in the wrong place, you cannot hear what they are saying..... might want to try some acoustical damping of some kind, because it's super loud 2) Great service is a fine art..... too little, and customers are ticked.... BUT... way too much service that is over the top, and this is just as irritating. We had no less that 12+ visits to our table by the server, assistant, mgr. etc..... hard to eat when you are constantly being interrupted. Fix the noise and calibrate the service and you have a top steakhouse.Special Features:
- Can't wait to returnRuthinAZVIPDined on 9/8/2014The appetizer size portion of sauteed soft shells was better than any I've had on the East Coast. The rack of lamb sizzled on the plate when it was set in front of me and continued to sizzle. The flavor was outstanding and the portion was perfect - 4 bones! My husband's veal chop was also among the best he's ever had, certainly the best in Phoenix. Our server was helpful with menu questions and attentive throughout the meal. The restaurant is beautifully decorated with dim lights and small areas of seating, not in one giant room. The dinner was for a special occasion and the food, etc. made it a wonderful evening. I can't wait to go back.Special Features: