5101 N 44th St
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.steak44.com/
- Phone: 6022714400x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar is open 4pm till 12am nightly with bar menu starting at 4pm till 10pm. Dinner served 5pm till 10pm.
Open seven days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Baumberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Great music and songs you know by heart. A wide mix of 70's to 2014.
A word from Steak 44
Steak 44 is an upscale, warm contemporary American Steakhouse. The menu features prime steaks and extensive fresh seafood along with unique and original items offering more than a traditional steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Steak 44 - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Steak 44 reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)vibrant bar scene (124)hot spot (106)notable wine list (104)romantic (99)fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (89)good for groups (48)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Absolute favoritecdavis1962Dined on 8/29/2014The experience is that of a fine New York steakhouse. The staff was great, excellent table and phenomenal food. No need to sell the sizzle with a great tasting steak. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Food was amazing and the service made the night. Thank you.Special Features:
- Complete packageA++TLB007CADined on 8/28/2014The moment you get out of the car, walk-in and are greeted by the hostess, shown and seated at your table....everything was impeccable! You can literally ride the shrimp, it's gigantic! The crab cocktail was perfection as were our entrees of filet and veal chop. The cream corn brûlée should be illegal, it's THAT AWESOME, and the au gratin potatoes were complete perfection! Will so be coming back. Oh, get this...they CALLED me the next day to see how my dinner was??? Can you believe it?? Le Cirque or 21 in NYC don't even do that!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014If you're looking for the best steak you've ever had, no matter your preference, come to Steak 44. Not only will it be the best steak you've ever been served outside of your mommas kitchen, it will be the best dining experience you can receive in Phoenix. I will be returning for my birthday dinner with all of my friends and family for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, don't get stuck in backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Food and service was excellent. The ambiance was great in the main room but my date and I were seated in the back room. The back room was small and there was a large group of ten dining in there. We were the only other table in the room which created an awkward experience. We asked to move to the main dining room but were unable to be accomadated. The food and service was excellent, just make sure to request the main dining room or bar areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodyGyrlDined on 8/24/2014Amazing food, Amazing service, Amazing atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodJJ2602Dined on 8/23/2014I'm partial to Chicago steakhouses... always will be. Food, service, ambience... all top here. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Service - average beefQueenieDined on 8/22/2014The good: The attentive, knowledgeable service we received from AJ made the meal worthwhile. We've been wanting to try out Steak 44 for awhile, so we decided to go on my birthday weekend. Love the rolls, the single shrimp cocktail was luscious and atomic horseradish oh so satisfying. We chose the Brussels, scalloped potatoes (called something else, but it's what they are), lobster Mac and cheese, and mushrooms as sides. They were all very nicely executed, well flavored side dishes. I would get all but the Mac and cheese again. I love a good lobster addition...chunks of lobster mixed in prior to serving would provide a much better flavor than the claws; order it plain. Cons: City Hall, Donovan's, and Flemings filet is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest new findMCPCRKDined on 8/21/2014Everything was completely perfect from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak 44TerrDined on 8/20/2014The only thing I think should not be is the TV surrounding the diners. No one was watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerPhoenixDinerDined on 8/16/2014We went to Steak 44 for my husband's birthday dinner, and it was an excellent choice. All of the staff, and our server in particular, were just wonderful. All the food was amazing, but the bone-in filet with truffle butter was a standout, as were the lobster mashed potatoes. We were pleased with the cocktails we got and the wine list was pretty decent. One complaint and the only reason I can't give it five stars -- the music was horrible. With so much effort being put into all the little touches that make it such an upscale dinning experience, what's with the tacky music? Otherwise, it was excellent.Special Features:
- FabulousOICUR12VIPDined on 8/16/2014A must try.... stakes are wonderful crispy shrimp awesome and the service is out of this worldSpecial Features:
- Noise from happy hourCDAZVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time dining at Steak 44, and we came anticipating the same wonderful meal. We were seated in a different area of the restaurant, just the other side of the bar. Evidently, happy hour is a BIG deal here, and the bar was packed. We had a small table against the wall that denoted dining from bar. The noise level was so high that we couldn't enjoy a conversation at all, and several times, patrons overflowed into the area near our table, making it feel like there were standing over us as we tried to enjoy our 200$ meal. We were very disappointed. The sitting area was lovely, but way too close to the bar for any kind of ambienceSpecial Features:
- Best steak in PhoenixJohnPhxVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is my second time at 44, first time was great and this time was even better. Steaks are cooked to perfection, shrimp cocktail was great. Skip the onion rings, they were a bit tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe it was an off-night?AZLocalsDined on 8/14/2014I took my partner to Steak 44 to celebrate his Birthday... Perhaps the restaurant was "off" that evening. We thought the overall experience was just okay. The seating was so tight that our table continued to get bumped by the large group at the next table. Also, we couldn't hear ourselves speak, it was so loud. That wasn't so terrible but our food was EXTREMELY salty. I had the (overcooked) sea bass and he had the bone-in filet. Everything we ordered was over-the-top salted, no joke. We were hoping it would get better as each dish was served but it was the same throughout the evening. I would like to mention that the staff was great - professional & friendly. We will probably return but we may just stick to cocktails at the bar.Special Features:
- Mastro's does it againMacdewVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great new restaurant. The menu is awesome- so many great selections, you'll want to keep coming back to try everything! The food was perfect. Bone-in rib eye cooked to medium rare perfection! The plates are so hot, the bruleed corn carmelizes on it, adding a sweet finish. Biggest complaint- like every other Mastro's, the staff is very knowledgeable about food, but definitely lack fine dining training. I just don't understand why they receive so little education on the finer points. I can't even think about going to Ocean Club because of this. Also, get the music under control! So many speakers, adjusted way too loud. Management actually had someone raise it after the request to lower it was granted. ????Special Features:
- Classy cuisinerxmarilynrxVIPDined on 8/11/2014A wonderful dining experience; a bit less formal than its big brother Dominicks but with the same outstanding food and service! Loved the entire evening as everyone makes you feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarMikeDined on 8/11/2014This was my first visit to Steak 44. Because its owned by the folks who started Mastro's, I assumed it would be stellar--and it was. ONLY criticism was that I'd requested a quiet, low-traffic table for a birthday celebration. All was great except for the the large stereo speaker hanging about 18" overhead with overactive bass (hard to communicate across the table). The staff was gracious in turning down the volume. No more whining...the place is great--so if you have the cash to throw at a first rate steak; your money is well spent here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing nightNinaDined on 8/10/2014We are not new to Steak 44 which we initially loved. However on Sunday night our waiter was obviously not a pro - the rolls were uncooked, the Caesar Salad arrived without dressing except for parmesan cheese and the poached egg (I subsequently requested oil and vinegar) and that became a DIY fixer upper, the onion rings were soggy and my husband' s Rib Eye was visibly and taste = wise overdone. We did not have dessert. Our waiter anyone else approached our table to ask if "everything was allright. We understand this) even good restaurants have bad nights. We will probably try it again but never on a Sunday night or gor that matter a weekend night.
- Nothing specialKirstierrVIPDined on 8/9/2014Servers were too involved as they continually interrupted our meal with pointless checking in. Food was just ok. Overpriced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014We loved it. Enjoyed our table with the view of the kitchen very much.Special Features:
- More than STEAK 44ShollandDined on 8/8/2014Visited Steak 44 for the first time - finally there is a great steak house in Scottsdale. The restaurant looks and feels great - service was absolutely fantastic (and I am critical of service) and the food and drink was wonderful. My new favorite restaurant in Scottsdale. My only concern is everyone else will feel the same and it will be challenging to get a table...a good problem to have for the owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerBirthdayVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was a great choice for our 14th wedding Anniversary. Because of the occasion they moved us to a private room near the kitchen and gave us great service with an excellent view of the Kitchen. The food was great, steak was cook to perfection and the sides were personal sides and not generous portions but that was OK! Great place to take your significant other and enjoy good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/3/2014We live in Washington, D.C. and the plan was to bring some of my Phoenix area family together. I wanted good food, ambiance, service, etc. I got it all. There are extra touches that make a person feel special (hot towels, chilled spoons), but having A.J. as our waiter and the support of the excellent kitchen was really the best. The steaks were cooked perfectly -- the sides delicious. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy!PennimVIPDined on 8/2/2014Nice restaurant, good food and service, but a bit over the top for us. Too noisy, lots of movers and shakers.Special Features:
- Amazing EveningMKatherineVIPDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I decided to stop in for dinner after a busy Saturday in Phoenix. What an amazing find! Our steaks were perfectly cooked and delicious. The wine list was lovely and moderately priced. The service was attentive but not intrusive. My only disappointment is that we were not hungry enough to try some of the amazing sounding appetizers. Oh well, I guess we will have to go back soon!Special Features:
- a must visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014This is my 3rd visit. In the area I wouldn't choose another restaurant for a special night out. Prices are fair for a steak house, food is excellent. The service this time wasn't up to par in comparison to previous visits however it wasn't bad. Our previous experiences the service was exceptional. Something I've noticed on every visit, they do right by their customers and make it clear they want to earn you long term business and strive to meet that goal every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special celebrationJennyVIPDined on 7/28/2014We were celebrating our 35th anniversary and wanted to try the new restaurant up the street. It was the most elegant dinner we've had in years. Our waiter was fantastic and very attentive to our meals. We will definitely go back for our next special occasion. Will recommend it to others! JennySpecial Features:
- Enjoying Steak 44OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014We were very impressed by the ambiance, décor, and staff. Very fine attention to detail. We were especially impressed by the way the sides were served. WE will return for future special occasions .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced steaks rulelv2eatVIPDined on 7/26/2014Steak 44 is a gorgeous reincarnation of an old fashioned steakhouse. Service is professional and appetizers are outstanding - who knew a hard boiled egg could be so spectacular. And the calamari - wow, esp. the sauces. Drinks were imaginative and wine prices were reasonable - the bottle we purchased was only twice retail - cheap according to industry standards. The Delmonico was terrific - and note that a 16 oz. is only a dollar more than the 12 oz. My filet was lovely but looked very lonesome on a huge white plate w/o garnish. However, the steak rub would not be for everybody and the steaks were overpriced considering there were no sides. Pacing was good. And desert, can you say popcorn sundae, was both terrific and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmeunlvDined on 7/26/2014The entire experience was wonderful, the service was very attentive, but not intrusive. The food selection was good, all items ordered were delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs improvementBluebird321Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I ate at Steak 44 over the weekend. Beautiful restaurant and nice bar area. The drinks and bread were great as was the service. The food overall was disappointing. My husband is a ribeye fan and was very disappointed by the ribeye ($46). It was tough and didn't really have any flavor. Mushroom side was good but brussel sprouts didn't have much flavor either. With a name like Steak 44 - you really have to get the steak part right! I don't think we'll go back unless food improves.Special Features:
- Great steak!NewtotherestaurantVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful food. Very attentive service. Only disappointment was that I had noted in open table reservation that it was two birthdays. No mention was made by the servers of the birthdays and no birthday dessert was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amerknitDined on 7/25/2014Food was reasonable and very good. The lobster mash potatoes were bland and need something added to taste better. Steaks are reasonably priced and very good taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More whimsical inside than the nameParticularDined on 7/24/2014Doesnt come close to my favorite steakhouse in Chicago. However, once you get beyond the unoriginal and less than charming name, Steak 44 is reasonably priced with superior service. The strawberry cake dessert was dry resulting in the regular table cookies being much more pleasing - put a little extra oomph and time into your desserts. Nothing beats a classic and perfectly garnished creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally no noise!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014We could actually hear each other speaking without raising our voices. Great service. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGweLuvRoysVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is one of the best steak houses I have been in in a long timeSpecial Features:
- Very good!!AwesomeDined on 7/22/2014Great service by Troy, enjoyed the evening, ribeye is just to die for!! Needed nothing with it, just outstanding. However, did have some sides of mac n cheese and it was delicious and brussels sprouts were good, but a little hard, but very tasty! Great special occasion dinner place to add to my list of restaurants! Thanks.Special Features:
- 5-star dining experience @ Steak 44OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014I ordered a bone-in ribeye with sauteed blue cheese on top. It was too much blue cheese flavor, drowning out the natural ribeye flavor...so I started scraping the blue cheese off the steak as much as possible. Our waitress, Haley, noticed what I was doing and alerted her manager, who came tableside to see if anything was wrong. I told him it was my mistake and I'd live with it. Not five minutes later, Haley and the manager returned with a brand new, perfectly cooked and sizzling 24-oz. bone in ribeye and replaced the original one with the blue cheese on it. How many restaurant's would do that? The combination of excellent food and excellent service makes Steak 44 one of the best dining experiences we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we we've been talking about the food ever since. Between the both of us, it was the best food and service we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.