5101 N 44th St
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.steak44.com/
- Phone: (602) 271-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Bar is open 4pm till 12am nightly with bar menu starting at 4pm till 10pm. Dinner served 5pm till 10pm.
Open seven days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Baumberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Great music and songs you know by heart. A wide mix of 70's to 2014.
A word from Steak 44
Steak 44 is an upscale, warm contemporary American Steakhouse. The menu features prime steaks and extensive fresh seafood along with unique and original items offering more than a traditional steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Steak 44 - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Steak 44 reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (157)vibrant bar scene (113)fit for foodies (109)notable wine list (102)romantic (101)hot spot (100)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (59)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Girl's Night Out. Bar seating was perfect for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Great spot for a girlfriend's night out. We sat at a high-top in the bar. Excellent service and guests were friendly. We had petite filets, cream corn brûlée and split the wedge salad and a great bottle of wine. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyAndyDined on 11/21/2014Great Arcadia high end steak restaurant. The food is always good, the sides are fantastic, and I find the staff to be very friendly. Can be a little noisy and busy, but for good reason. I was hoping for a bigger bar selection (I like honey jack or maple crown), but a minor issue. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulousOICUR12VIPDined on 11/20/2014As usual wonderful food the steak the crispy shrimp the fresh bread and the staff make you feel like a king and queenSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerPiper4831Dined on 11/18/2014This was our second time here. The first was for a birthday and this time for our 19th anniversary. Steak 44 is a beautiful restaurant with outstanding service. From the moment you walk in until the minute you leave you are pampered. The shrimp cocktail is the best we have ever had. The enormous, though pricey 7$/Shrimp, jumbo shrimp were enough for dinner. We complemented our DOZEN with a fantastic fresh Caesar salad topped with a medium cool poached egg. We had a butter cake topped with strawberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert, just like the shrimp, perfection. So why not a 5 star overall rating? TOO LOUD. There isn't a single spot in the place without overhead loud overhead music. This coupled with an enormous number of quests in the dining rooms and its hard to feel relaxed. The bar area, which also has tables, I understand, but we were off on the other side and it was difficult to hear without speaking aloud to each other. If you are wanting a quiet fantastic neighborhood eat this is not it. However, if you are wanting a more vibrant, fantastic neighborhood eat, there is none better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceJasonDined on 11/17/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. I decided to try something new and we were more than pleased and couldn't believe we haven't been here before! We love great steak houses and fine dining, and this is by far one of the best places we have ever been too! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two out of three ain't badOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/16/2014We recently went back to Steak 44 for dinner. Our first two visits were good with well cooked steaks. Our third visit was different. Three of the five steals we ordered were totally mid-cooked. My wife ordered a petite filet butterflied and well done. Not only was her steak not butterflied (the server thought it was) but it was cooked medium rare. The outside of the steak was burnt such that it stuck to the plate. They took it back and further "burned it" ruining the steak. My daughter ordered her steak the same way and got hers medium with some less cooked and ate half her steak. Sides were great as usual though the Brussels sprouts needed some seasoning. While I would go back, I think this is a better place for a couples dinner or small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Steak 44FoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a great evening!! Everything was much better than we expected. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!BetsyLDined on 11/14/2014We have been to Steak 44 a couple of times now and both have been fantastic - the food is exceptional and the service superb. If you are looking for some quiet conversation during dinner, be sure to ask to be seated in one of the rooms away from the main dining room.. Love this place and we look forward to our next visit . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willdebDined on 11/12/2014Terrible service, 45 minutes between appetizer and enter, noise so high we could not carry on a conversation, food not really outstanding for the price!Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining Experiencehl2007Dined on 11/8/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday. Steak 44 recommended by a friend. Very friendly atmosphere, great service and our dinner was excellent! We would highly recommend Steak 44 and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceNonameDined on 11/8/2014The service was outstanding at all levels and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not as good as City HallOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014Good food, OK service and atmosphere. Let me say that Steak 44 has really good steaks. I had a great steak, although they over cooked it a little, but still very solid. We sat near the kitchen, were sat next to 80 year old men with 30 year old dates, and it was just an odd experience all around. Weird waiter that didn't really know the menu, it was just difficult to hear about their martinis. Anyway, if I want a good steak and awesome experience, go to City Hall. If you want to change it up, try Steak 44
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Great atmosphere. Wonderful, perfectly cooked steaks. Fantastic service.Special Features:
- PhenomenalnothappytonightVIPDined on 11/6/2014Love everything about this place Food service location waitress and busboysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOICUR12VIPDined on 11/5/2014The crispy shrimp is the best the New York steak is absolutely out of this world and the help make you feel like you're a billionaire.... Oh yes and fresh bread wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealBarney415Dined on 11/2/2014Great food. Good looking crowd and great service. A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:
- Have been twice....no more.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This was our second visit to Steak 44, the first was not a great one and we wanted to give the restaurant another opportunity. Who knows, maybe we had an off night the first time. No. The second visit was worse than the first. Waiters that started with us did not remain with us, drink orders were wrong for all three guests, noticed and commented on by new waiter but not corrected. Waiter was kinda jerky about the water selection, crazy but true. The timing of the food was poor. My Wedge salad, I asked for Ranch dressing and no blue cheese, it was covered in blue cheese and blue cheese crumbles. The Corn Brulee did not disappoint. The potatoes were marginal and the steaks, we've had better...much better. We won't be visiting again.
- Great for an occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Very romantic atmosphere, would recommend to anyone celebrating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak House worthy of it's nameTravelingmanVIPDined on 10/31/2014The server was outstanding. Drinks were generous. The salad was weak, without much character, nor taste. I had their Meatloaf, even better than Mom made. My Wife ordered and enjoyed her Bone in NY streak, even though it was a bit over done. To the servers credit , he recognized that it was not cook to order, and offered to redo it. My wife was hungry and opted to finish it, When the bill arrived , the establishment took the charge for steak off the bill. I said that was hardly necessary. but they insisted.We were celebrating two Birthdays with our friends , and to our delight, the server arrive with deserts, which were outstanding. We will return.Special Features:
- best food you will ever eatfoodbuffDined on 10/28/2014best service too. Whatever you order you will love. These people know the restaurant business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a steak place!AmuseeDined on 10/26/2014The food was exceptional. Lots of choices in addition to steak. Great veal chop, tasty meatloaf, and a hearty short rib. The sides are smaller than your usual steak place, but they were a lot more varied. We had a wonderful meal and will return soon.Special Features:
- Great placePhxyyzVIPDined on 10/26/2014Dined here twice. Great steaks. Ask for quiet room as the noise level is very high near the bar. Service was very good. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our weddingStephenDined on 10/26/2014We were a table of 6 celebrating dinner after our wedding reception the night before. The food, recommendations, wine, etc. was great. The only interesting thing...was when we were about to leave and they provided our take home boxes, the table server (white coat gentleman) seemed very bothered when we asked him if things were mixed up for he placed bags on the left of each person...and one person did not. Since we were friends but not into eating food of others, we asked if we missed a bag? He was not happy explaining to us that he placed one bag to the right of the person. Rolling his eyes as he walked away...I am sure he did not expect we would see that... Our waiter was great...and the dessert was very nice. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great New Find!AZmomVIPDined on 10/25/2014A fun and not snobby steak house. Great for a special occasion or for appetizers and drinks. Wine menu was outstanding and I had a hard time choosing side dishes with my halibut because they all sounded so good. Service was outstanding, he knew his wine, menu and was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City StyleJonathanphxDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant has the vibe of a London, NYC - Paris restaurant. Great for Phoenix. Always buzzing with interesting and great looking patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeanMDined on 10/24/2014Was a fun place, not too stuffy, or casual. But it was so loud we had to shout across the table at each other! Also, seafood was just ok. Husband had the steak which was supposedly amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday celebrationJJ5853Dined on 10/23/2014What makes a truly special experience is the way the staff makes you feel and steak 44 did not disappoint. From the warm greeting as you walked in, to the friendly waitstaff, to the email thanking me for coming. That is what will bring me back to this restaurant. Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!EatoutoftenVIPDined on 10/23/2014The Mastro family has done it again. Hip, but classy. Always busy, but service and food never disappoint. Some of the coolest cars ever at the valet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional SteakhouseOutstandingDined on 10/18/2014This is by far the best steak house in the Valley. Well worth experiencing. Their customer service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodPHLGAL05Dined on 10/15/2014Our bussers were top notch and waitress was friendly. Food was outstanding, a bit pricy when nothing is included with steak. Sides were good portions however paying additional for a salad was little more than expected. Our party of four did agree that the steaks were cooked and seasoned to perfection. Not a kid-friendly place (no kids menu) so don't recommend taking young kids.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave the level of service is exceptional! We experienced over the top service while at the restaurant and a follow up call the next day to inquire as to how our dining experience was. The food was amazing. I had a filet while my husband enjoyed the sea bass, both were cooked to perfection. Our other dining companions had a choice of fish and steak as well and everyone was extremely pleased with their choices. The seasonings and butter/oils used were on par - not too much as in many restaurants. We also tried the steamed spinach, mac and cheese and house potatoes ~ all wonderful. Cocktails made the old fashion way and an excellent wine list. Thank you Steak 44 - you nailed it! Well DoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive!BaileybearDined on 10/14/2014A very enjoyable experience! Very good service and the food was excellent. We went for a business dinner. I had the scallops which were cooked perfectly and a generous portion. I had a bite of my colleage's steak which was also very good. Caesar salad was tasty as well as the strawberry butter cake for dessert. Altogether a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Steak 44JeannieLV1Dined on 10/12/2014I dine in some incredible restaurants and Steak 44 is my new favorite Steak House! Amazing food and amazing service! Definitely a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So ThoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We came for our 8 year anniversary and they gave us an amazing red velvet bread pudding dessert that said "happy 8 year anniversary". Food was beyond delicious! Dominick's potatoes are so much more than just potatoes! Or server was wonderful also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best R estaurantsJandellDined on 10/11/2014I have lived in Arizona for over 40 years. I have seen restaurants come and go of all calibers, even the one that used to be where Steak 44 is right now. I have watched this city grow from a town to a thriving city and of course with that comes the quality food. And I say quality because if you don't have that, you don't have a city worth talking about. This is a city of winter visiters and convention people, not to mention all the wonderful sports and concerts that come here. After all, we do have one of the biggest events of all come 2015.....The Super Bowl! Feed them well and they will return. I don't think there is anything you could do to improve upon your restaurant. I know I will return.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningFoodStarCriticDined on 10/11/2014We were greeted warmly and lead through the immaculate kitchen to our dining room overlooking a candlelit garden terrace. Shawn and the team provided friendly, helpful & efficient service. Starting with the piping hot rolls to the BLT wedge salad to the calamari/shrimp & amazing fried delved eggs we were very impressed. We both chose the Delmonico steaks: one Ala Oscar one Classic. They arrived sizzling and cooked to perfection. The corn cream brûlée and Vidalia onion rings were awesome. We were treated to strawberry shortcake as an encore: scrumptious! The GM, Daniel, touched based a few times to make sure all was well & that we were happy. So, great venue, cocktails, music, service & menu: a superb value. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot and vibrant sceneFoodForThoughtDined on 10/8/2014Steak 44 defiantly show all the signs of the new trendy restaurant in the Phoenix are. Although not cheap the service is USUALLY attentive (however not consistent), the bar scene is vibrant and the food is solid. Great martinis, steaks are some of the best in town and because of how the restaurant is structured it is easy to either be part of "the party" by joining the bar area, it having a more relaxing, intimate time in one of the other rooms the establishment offers. Great for business meetings and dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think it's time to change rubsNathanVIPDined on 10/7/2014Steak44 is a great place. The problem is that their rub kills the actual flavor on almost everything. I forgot to ask for no "proprietary" rub on my steak and it was just not that good. Sad given that it's a prime cut. Same with my girlfriend's sea bass. So salty that she had to scape off the top to eat it. For the prices charged, it's really unacceptable. And when you wake up at 3am needing water because you've ingested so much salt, it's kind of telling. But great space and certainly great potential. Next time I'll remember to leave off the rub.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Elegance yet comfortable enviornment is a hard mix to find, yet they have done it here. The food was delicious. Scallops, filet, creme brullee cream corn, lobster mac n cream, crab cocktail, bread - all fantastic! Daniel took time to see if we were enjoying ourselves and was truly interested in how we felt about our experience. My daughter was in town for a dental school interview and the next thing we knew - a good luck dessert was brought to our table! Made my daughter's evening. :) Our wait staff was wonderful! Our water glasses were never empty, but we did not feel encroached upon in the least. Thank You for a night to remember in Arcadia, AZ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Very good. We chose Sunday so it would be quiet & would allow our party to visit with each other w/o yelling. It was perfect. Food great & service was fabulous. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.