5101 N 44th St
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.steak44.com/
- Phone: (602) 271-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Bar is open 4pm till 12am nightly with bar menu starting at 4pm till 10pm. Dinner served 5pm till 10pm.
Open seven days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Baumberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Great music and songs you know by heart. A wide mix of 70's to 2014.
A word from Steak 44
Steak 44 is an upscale, warm contemporary American Steakhouse. The menu features prime steaks and extensive fresh seafood along with unique and original items offering more than a traditional steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Steak 44 - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Steak 44 reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)vibrant bar scene (115)fit for foodies (113)romantic (103)hot spot (103)notable wine list (101)neighborhood gem (79)good for groups (60)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Too overpriced for such low-medium quality cookingChefAmanzioDined on 11/23/2014The place is advertised as high standars food 'and cooking' but it's not worth it the price. For this high pric you can get a first class steak, sprouts cooked clean and separated and not in the same grease of steak (if you pay attention, most of the food will taste good but everything is cook in the same oil, grill or pan, even the color of the side food were exactly as same as the meats. Don't take me wrong, food was full of flavor but cooking quality it seems to be very low, not very clean or trying to save money the cook in the same surface as much as they can instead of cleaning, changing pans or respecting the flavor of each distinctive meat, veggies, etc. It's a good place to go, but for the quality and service it should be categorized lower and charge fairly, less and according to the whole quality. Place is very cozy and beautiful indeed. So just be careful before paying that kind of money -you deserve better for what you're paying.-
- Girl's Night Out. Bar seating was perfect for twoSunloverDined on 11/22/2014Great spot for a girlfriend's night out. We sat at a high-top in the bar. Excellent service and guests were friendly. We had petite filets, cream corn brûlée and split the wedge salad and a great bottle of wine. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not missing the Cork and CleaverSully232Dined on 11/21/2014The Cork and Cleaver restaurant was always a favorite of mine and I was disappointed when it was closed for good. It was replaced by a new venue called "Steak 44". Not a title that brings anything specific to mind. That was until I went there for Dinner. Now all steak houses will be compared to it. We were quickly out of the car and into the restaurant thanks to valet parking. We had reservations and were immediately seated and greeted. We were even offered a choice of white or black napkins, a first for me but appreciated. We were served water at once and greeted by our server offering drinks or a menu. The menu was to the point, not multiple pages of the same ingredients in different forms like so many restaraunts these days. Steak (offered in various portions) chops, a fine selection of seafood and a bottle of wine for any taste or pairing. The meat was of above average quality and properly prepared. The big find was the inventive side dishes. We had the house potatoes prepared with cream and cheeses. To compare it to scalloped potatoes would be comparing the Mona Lisa to finger painting. We also had a corn dish prepared so that it tasted like creme brûlée. We could easily have dined on the sides alone so any meat lovers with vegetarian mates, you can both feast at this establishment. The service was impeccable. Anyone can look good when all is well but the proof of superior service is how a problem is solved. Management at Steak 44 is as competent and accommodating as the above average service staff. Nobody hovered but we never waited for anything. I have found my new favorite steak house and plan to return very soon and very often. The lounge was large and inviting. I plan to have lunch at the bar (a habit for me) on my next visit. I highly recommend this restaurant. It's not a budget eatery but very fairly priced for the above average cuisine and service. They provide a dining experience not just a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyAndyDined on 11/21/2014Great Arcadia high end steak restaurant. The food is always good, the sides are fantastic, and I find the staff to be very friendly. Can be a little noisy and busy, but for good reason. I was hoping for a bigger bar selection (I like honey jack or maple crown), but a minor issue. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant/Good locationAngelaDined on 11/21/2014My husband and I recently visited Steak 44. We had been going to Cork & Cleaver for years before it burned down. Although the food was delicious, the service was terrific and the ambiance was very nice, I would have to say that the prices were somewhat high. To pay $44.00 for a serving of Chilean Sea Bass is a bit much. And they do not serve prime rib which is one of my favorites. I know that some other reviews stated it was very loud and that is true if you are seated near the bar. We were seated in the back of the restuarant which was very nice and provided a romantic atmosphere. We may go back but it would have to be for a very special occasion. If money is no object, then this is your restaurant.Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulousOICUR12VIPDined on 11/20/2014As usual wonderful food the steak the crispy shrimp the fresh bread and the staff make you feel like a king and queenSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerPiper4831Dined on 11/18/2014This was our second time here. The first was for a birthday and this time for our 19th anniversary. Steak 44 is a beautiful restaurant with outstanding service. From the moment you walk in until the minute you leave you are pampered. The shrimp cocktail is the best we have ever had. The enormous, though pricey 7$/Shrimp, jumbo shrimp were enough for dinner. We complemented our DOZEN with a fantastic fresh Caesar salad topped with a medium cool poached egg. We had a butter cake topped with strawberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert, just like the shrimp, perfection. So why not a 5 star overall rating? TOO LOUD. There isn't a single spot in the place without overhead loud overhead music. This coupled with an enormous number of quests in the dining rooms and its hard to feel relaxed. The bar area, which also has tables, I understand, but we were off on the other side and it was difficult to hear without speaking aloud to each other. If you are wanting a quiet fantastic neighborhood eat this is not it. However, if you are wanting a more vibrant, fantastic neighborhood eat, there is none better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceJasonDined on 11/17/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. I decided to try something new and we were more than pleased and couldn't believe we haven't been here before! We love great steak houses and fine dining, and this is by far one of the best places we have ever been too! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two out of three ain't badOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/16/2014We recently went back to Steak 44 for dinner. Our first two visits were good with well cooked steaks. Our third visit was different. Three of the five steals we ordered were totally mid-cooked. My wife ordered a petite filet butterflied and well done. Not only was her steak not butterflied (the server thought it was) but it was cooked medium rare. The outside of the steak was burnt such that it stuck to the plate. They took it back and further "burned it" ruining the steak. My daughter ordered her steak the same way and got hers medium with some less cooked and ate half her steak. Sides were great as usual though the Brussels sprouts needed some seasoning. While I would go back, I think this is a better place for a couples dinner or small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Steak 44FoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a great evening!! Everything was much better than we expected. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!BetsyLDined on 11/14/2014We have been to Steak 44 a couple of times now and both have been fantastic - the food is exceptional and the service superb. If you are looking for some quiet conversation during dinner, be sure to ask to be seated in one of the rooms away from the main dining room.. Love this place and we look forward to our next visit . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willdebDined on 11/12/2014Terrible service, 45 minutes between appetizer and enter, noise so high we could not carry on a conversation, food not really outstanding for the price!Special Features:
- Budding Young SteakhouseFoodieChapVIPDined on 11/10/2014This is a promising place that I would give a second chance to based on the server and management staff. First, it's dark and very hard to read the menu. But that was about the only complaint. Oyster appetizers were excellent. Steaks came out more cooked than requested so we sent them back. Second time was correct and the manager comped dessert because it wasn't done properly the first time. Later in the meal, the server accidentally knocked my glass of water over and I was a bit soaked. I took it in stride as it was only water, but somehow the server and management team ended up comping 2 of our steaks (the ones originally overdone). That was no small change. That left a good impression on the level of service they were willing to show and I would definitely give them another chance when in Scottsdale again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining Experiencehl2007Dined on 11/8/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday. Steak 44 recommended by a friend. Very friendly atmosphere, great service and our dinner was excellent! We would highly recommend Steak 44 and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceNonameDined on 11/8/2014The service was outstanding at all levels and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always entertaining and fun!NYE2014Dined on 11/7/2014The little spoiled baby brother of the Maestros collection of restaurants. I like this one the best as it caters to a more lively crowd without all the burgundy leather and stiletto peer pressures of the other establishments. I just was a steak and a well balanced cocktail or maybe some oysters without all the power people of this town nearby trying to buy my date a bottle of champagne! This place caters to a more modest but successful crowd with the same menu standbys as well as new variety on the menu. No jacket required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not as good as City HallOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014Good food, OK service and atmosphere. Let me say that Steak 44 has really good steaks. I had a great steak, although they over cooked it a little, but still very solid. We sat near the kitchen, were sat next to 80 year old men with 30 year old dates, and it was just an odd experience all around. Weird waiter that didn't really know the menu, it was just difficult to hear about their martinis. Anyway, if I want a good steak and awesome experience, go to City Hall. If you want to change it up, try Steak 44
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Great atmosphere. Wonderful, perfectly cooked steaks. Fantastic service.Special Features:
- PhenomenalnothappytonightVIPDined on 11/6/2014Love everything about this place Food service location waitress and busboysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOICUR12VIPDined on 11/5/2014The crispy shrimp is the best the New York steak is absolutely out of this world and the help make you feel like you're a billionaire.... Oh yes and fresh bread wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealBarney415Dined on 11/2/2014Great food. Good looking crowd and great service. A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:
- Have been twice....no more.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This was our second visit to Steak 44, the first was not a great one and we wanted to give the restaurant another opportunity. Who knows, maybe we had an off night the first time. No. The second visit was worse than the first. Waiters that started with us did not remain with us, drink orders were wrong for all three guests, noticed and commented on by new waiter but not corrected. Waiter was kinda jerky about the water selection, crazy but true. The timing of the food was poor. My Wedge salad, I asked for Ranch dressing and no blue cheese, it was covered in blue cheese and blue cheese crumbles. The Corn Brulee did not disappoint. The potatoes were marginal and the steaks, we've had better...much better. We won't be visiting again.
- Great for an occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Very romantic atmosphere, would recommend to anyone celebrating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak House worthy of it's nameTravelingmanVIPDined on 10/31/2014The server was outstanding. Drinks were generous. The salad was weak, without much character, nor taste. I had their Meatloaf, even better than Mom made. My Wife ordered and enjoyed her Bone in NY streak, even though it was a bit over done. To the servers credit , he recognized that it was not cook to order, and offered to redo it. My wife was hungry and opted to finish it, When the bill arrived , the establishment took the charge for steak off the bill. I said that was hardly necessary. but they insisted.We were celebrating two Birthdays with our friends , and to our delight, the server arrive with deserts, which were outstanding. We will return.Special Features:
- best food you will ever eatfoodbuffDined on 10/28/2014best service too. Whatever you order you will love. These people know the restaurant business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a steak place!AmuseeDined on 10/26/2014The food was exceptional. Lots of choices in addition to steak. Great veal chop, tasty meatloaf, and a hearty short rib. The sides are smaller than your usual steak place, but they were a lot more varied. We had a wonderful meal and will return soon.Special Features:
- Great placePhxyyzVIPDined on 10/26/2014Dined here twice. Great steaks. Ask for quiet room as the noise level is very high near the bar. Service was very good. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our weddingStephenDined on 10/26/2014We were a table of 6 celebrating dinner after our wedding reception the night before. The food, recommendations, wine, etc. was great. The only interesting thing...was when we were about to leave and they provided our take home boxes, the table server (white coat gentleman) seemed very bothered when we asked him if things were mixed up for he placed bags on the left of each person...and one person did not. Since we were friends but not into eating food of others, we asked if we missed a bag? He was not happy explaining to us that he placed one bag to the right of the person. Rolling his eyes as he walked away...I am sure he did not expect we would see that... Our waiter was great...and the dessert was very nice. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great New Find!AZmomVIPDined on 10/25/2014A fun and not snobby steak house. Great for a special occasion or for appetizers and drinks. Wine menu was outstanding and I had a hard time choosing side dishes with my halibut because they all sounded so good. Service was outstanding, he knew his wine, menu and was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City StyleJonathanphxDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant has the vibe of a London, NYC - Paris restaurant. Great for Phoenix. Always buzzing with interesting and great looking patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeanMDined on 10/24/2014Was a fun place, not too stuffy, or casual. But it was so loud we had to shout across the table at each other! Also, seafood was just ok. Husband had the steak which was supposedly amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday celebrationJJ5853Dined on 10/23/2014What makes a truly special experience is the way the staff makes you feel and steak 44 did not disappoint. From the warm greeting as you walked in, to the friendly waitstaff, to the email thanking me for coming. That is what will bring me back to this restaurant. Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!EatoutoftenVIPDined on 10/23/2014The Mastro family has done it again. Hip, but classy. Always busy, but service and food never disappoint. Some of the coolest cars ever at the valet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional SteakhouseOutstandingDined on 10/18/2014This is by far the best steak house in the Valley. Well worth experiencing. Their customer service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodPHLGAL05Dined on 10/15/2014Our bussers were top notch and waitress was friendly. Food was outstanding, a bit pricy when nothing is included with steak. Sides were good portions however paying additional for a salad was little more than expected. Our party of four did agree that the steaks were cooked and seasoned to perfection. Not a kid-friendly place (no kids menu) so don't recommend taking young kids.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave the level of service is exceptional! We experienced over the top service while at the restaurant and a follow up call the next day to inquire as to how our dining experience was. The food was amazing. I had a filet while my husband enjoyed the sea bass, both were cooked to perfection. Our other dining companions had a choice of fish and steak as well and everyone was extremely pleased with their choices. The seasonings and butter/oils used were on par - not too much as in many restaurants. We also tried the steamed spinach, mac and cheese and house potatoes ~ all wonderful. Cocktails made the old fashion way and an excellent wine list. Thank you Steak 44 - you nailed it! Well DoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive!BaileybearDined on 10/14/2014A very enjoyable experience! Very good service and the food was excellent. We went for a business dinner. I had the scallops which were cooked perfectly and a generous portion. I had a bite of my colleage's steak which was also very good. Caesar salad was tasty as well as the strawberry butter cake for dessert. Altogether a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Steak 44JeannieLV1Dined on 10/12/2014I dine in some incredible restaurants and Steak 44 is my new favorite Steak House! Amazing food and amazing service! Definitely a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So ThoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We came for our 8 year anniversary and they gave us an amazing red velvet bread pudding dessert that said "happy 8 year anniversary". Food was beyond delicious! Dominick's potatoes are so much more than just potatoes! Or server was wonderful also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best R estaurantsJandellDined on 10/11/2014I have lived in Arizona for over 40 years. I have seen restaurants come and go of all calibers, even the one that used to be where Steak 44 is right now. I have watched this city grow from a town to a thriving city and of course with that comes the quality food. And I say quality because if you don't have that, you don't have a city worth talking about. This is a city of winter visiters and convention people, not to mention all the wonderful sports and concerts that come here. After all, we do have one of the biggest events of all come 2015.....The Super Bowl! Feed them well and they will return. I don't think there is anything you could do to improve upon your restaurant. I know I will return.Special Features: