Station House Cafe
11180 Highway One
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956Neighborhood:
Point Reyes Station
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Station House Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stationhousecafe.com/
- Phone: 4156631515x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner six days a week. Closed Wednesdays. Open Thursday through Tuesday 8AM - 3:30PM and 5PM-9PM; Bar menu available from 3:30-5PM. Closed Wednesdays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Wayne Pratt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning a reunion on the beach? A break from the daily office routine? Delicious boxed lunches are available for groups to go - please order in advance.
We specialize in on-site weddings, rehearsal dinners, receptions & family reunions. Our garden patio, private dining room, or entire facility are available for private celebrations.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available for up to 32 guests. Our outdoor patio is also an ideal setting for garden parties and receptions for up to 75 guests. Also, the entire restaurant, bar and garden may be rented for private parties for groups up to 120.
- Private Party Contact: Sheryl Cahill 4156631515x
- Entertainment: LIVE Music-Every Sunday at 5pm - no cover. For full calendar listing: www.stationhousecafe.com/music
- Special Events: please visit our website at www.stationhousecafe.com/community
- Cross Street: Mesa Road
- Public Transit: West Marin Coach travels twice daily from Central Marin.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: In addition to street parking, The Station House Cafe has a private lot located in the back of the building with access through a garden path to the dining room.
A word from Station House Cafe
Station House Cafe celebrates a 40th anniversary in 2014! Best known for great food, friendly service and gorgeous outdoor garden dining, the Station House Cafe, established in 1974, is situated amid the beauty and bounty of West Marin at the gateway to the Point Reyes National Seashore. With a long-standing emphasis on fresh and local, the menu features sustainable seafood; organic produce – some from the cafe’s own gardens – and Niman Ranch beef and lamb with classic American cuisine as the central theme. Music lovers will appreciate some of the Bay Area’s best musicians as they swing by to entertain in the Station House Lounge on Sunday afternoons. A private dining room is available for special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Station House Cafe - Best Restaurants in Point Reyes Station ›
Station House Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)kid-friendly (37)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (28)great for brunch (27)vibrant bar scene (16)special occasion (14)hot spot (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (5)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Bland1havershamDined on 8/26/2014we looked forward to this with great anticipation, but the food was bland. my chopped salad was thrown together and included parts of the romaine that you should not include in a salad, the tough, flavorless inner core. the chili was recommended as the best thing on the menu by our waiter, so we ordered a cup. it was room temperature and bland. The duck confit hash sounded great on paper, but the flavor profiles did not meld. the hostess was unfriendly, and while our waiter was nice, he abandoned us after giving us our dessert menu, which we were hoping would save the meal. the pie al a mode was unusual, not in a good way: the crust was salty, the ice cream rock hard and the pie cold.Special Features:
- kumoDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was very organized and I was seated upon arrival. The waitress was excellent and she had great recommendations. The only small snafu is that po'boys are usually on sub type bread and not square rolls. The oysters were great. This is not a romantic or quiet ambience restaurant. Very rustic casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our dinner was excellent. Everything tasty and fresh . Deserts were actually extraordinary and yummy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodyumintumDined on 8/23/2014Rich and delicious food served with some of the local organic specialties. I had halibut served with asparagus and arugula salad with a delicious butter sauce which made it worthwhile. Local wine and raspberries served with english cream was divine. Pub style ambience in a large open room was noisy but fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and FriendlySteffi138Dined on 8/17/2014We were visiting from Boston for two days and ended up coming here for four meals (two breakfasts & two dinners) because we loved it so much. Their feta scramble may be the best breakfast I've ever had - the flavors were so fresh and delicious. The dinners were also wonderful, especially the salmon. The service was super friendly and the atmosphere was warm and casual. Oh, and the popovers ruled! Can't wait to go back on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, the oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014The barbecued oysters with garlic butter were so delicious! I could have eaten the whole dozen myself, but had to share with two others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place in Pt. Reyes StationSGFoodeaterDined on 8/16/2014The Station House is one of our destinations when we visit Pt. Reyes. Although they have changed the menu somewhat over the past 18 years (some of the Classics have been dropped from the menu) we have never been disappointed. My wife had the Oyster Stew and I had NY steak-both were very well prepared and cooked to order. The service was outstanding. The pop-overs are a Station house classic, they used to be bigger they're just as tasty as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option in Point Reyes StationMichaelinsfVIPDined on 8/16/2014We ate there with a group on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful, so their patio was perfect. The outdoor seating is perhaps the restaurant's best feature. The food was standard and tasted fine. The service could have been a bit more attentive. Decent option for the area.Special Features:
- Friday night treat!CookieDined on 8/15/2014What a wonderful Friday night treat to take a beautiful drive out to Pt. Reyes and soak in some of the beautiful summer air! We arrived and were promptly seated at our table. While it wasn't my most favorite table, our server was wonderful. The pinot was delicious and complemented our dishes. We had the Turkish figs and house salad to start. And our entree's of the Salmon and Halibut were perfect! We rounded out the evening with some berry pie a la mode and it couldn't have been a more lovely start to the weekend.Special Features:
- Another pleasant meal in the gardenKathysVIPDined on 8/14/2014The Station House is a reliable venue for good food in a lovely setting.Special Features:
- 40 years and CountingCheerfulDined on 8/12/2014This wonderful restaurant has been around for 40 years. When you eat there, you will understand its success. We had oysters for an appetizer, and they were the most delicious we have ever had, probably due to the freshness. We both had the halibut for an entree, and it was equally fresh and tasty. For dessert we had the fudge sunday which was a huge and delicious mountain of ice cream. Service was excellent despite the fact that the place was packed on a Wednesday night. This place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a Second TryAmandaDined on 8/10/2014I liked the ambience and the live music here. The popovers were a nice treat! However, our fries were over salted and the chili was a bit bland. I would try this place again in hopes that the seasoning was more balanced. Overall, not a bad late night find on our way home from a hike.Special Features:
- Homey and deliciousNoelNoelVIPDined on 8/8/2014Gourmet food in a casual diner/bistro kind of setting. Some menu items are yummy comfort food, others are fine dining. It's funky and pampering at the same time. Reservations highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for out-of-townersInvernessDined on 8/3/2014We keep coming back. Pleasant choices for the hungry and light-eater, both. Healthful and tasty. Friendly and helpful wait staff. Could be crowded and noisy @ 6:30 on a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding servicecowabungaDined on 8/3/2014Our waitress Elizabeth was such a pleasure. She greeted us with a big beautiful smile and it was on her face every time she returned to the table. I followed her recommendation when not being able to choose between two dishes, and my meal was fantastic. She certainly added to our wonderful experience.Special Features:
- gg95492Dined on 7/31/2014fried oysters,Caesar salad and great burger cooked to order. All perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014the duck hash was amazing, and the food was great. we really enjoyed the music on blue Monday, the 21st. Paul Knight and friends were outstanding -- was that the legendary Ramblin' Jack Elliott playing with Peter Rowan?Special Features:
- OkActivefoddieVIPDined on 7/13/2014I hadn't been to the Station House Cafe in a few years, and the food was a bit of a disappointment. We ordered the spicy peel n eat shrimp (very yummy actually), the figs with blue cheese (the figs were utterly flavorless), the mussels with fries (mussels were fine, fries were "mheh") and the fish n chips also just "mheh." The service was ok, but when we got the bill our arnold palmers, which came in TINY glasses apparently didn't have free refills as it was $16 dollars for 4 (one drink and refill each). Absurd. But, the popovers are delicious & the burgers and some food others ordered looked good, so perhaps we just didn't order right. Anyways, there are other options in Point Reyes Station and we will be trying those next time.Special Features:
- OK, not greatTastebudVIPDined on 7/13/2014We ate here twice over a long family wedding weekend, once for dinner, once for breakfast. Dinner service was a bit spotty and somewhat too laid back for my taste. I waffled back and forth over the menu and finally went with fish & chips, as I figured it must be a sure bet over by the coast. wrong. the fish was mostly tasteless and mushy/mealy, the batter didn't stick and the fries, while fine, were also a bit mushy from being served under the fish. Breakfast was a basic bacon/egg dish. I asked to sub grits for potatoes - fine - but they came out ice cold. the rest of my dish was fine. We had to flag someone down for drink refills which is always a let-down. If service could be a bit more energetic, more stars would come.Special Features:
- Great food, service relaxed settingGreySnapperDined on 7/7/2014Whenever we visit the Pt. Reyes area we have dinner here. Sometimes we come out for a long day, eat at the Station House and then return home. Two things you will notice almost immediately is that there are A LOT of servers, which means attention will be paid to your table; then as you peruse the menu you will find mouth-watering items made from local ingredients in enough variety to suit any palate. The rest of the experience lives up to these promises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for food and live musicbrianbDined on 7/6/2014The food here is good but we are generally instigated to drop in for the live music. The restaurant does a great job of providing a venue for local bands of various genres to perform. They also make a good effort to seat patrons near the band insofar as possible if this is requested with the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening !!RobertaDined on 7/3/2014Had a lovely evening here at the Station House Café. Food was very good - BBQ Oysters and the Chicken Panzanella both very tasty, and we all loved the popovers as the bread service. It was the holiday weekend, so that had the place pretty busy which resulted in service being a little slow, but nothing we could not live with. We will be back here again! Worth the ride from the Bay Area.Special Features:
- So good we kept going back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014In this small town of few choices, we were lucky to have a recommendation. No cell service at our "resort" so we booked a table online with open table. We LOVE this place. Glad we did because there was a 45 min wait. Too many good choices that we decided we would need to try again. Breakfast & 2 din in 2 days. Yum. Closed on Wednesdays & nothing in this town stays open very late. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great onion rings!FoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2014The burgers were really good, but the onion rings were great! Lovely outdoor venue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The waitress started to pick up our plate of oysters thinking we were finished. Half of them were so tiny in the butter , not even visible. No fault to the waitress, the oysters were just so tiny tiny. They could could have at least thrown in a couple extras, at 18.00 for six.Special Features:
- Hangtown FryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014I came from the East Bay heading towards Stinson Beach & decided to stop here for brunch. Loved the Hangtown Fry & would get it again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014One of the best in the Point Reyes.....but they didn't do a thing about my friend's birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Choice for Pt. Reyes StationSperanzaDined on 6/14/2014There are not too many options for a nice meal in Pt. Reyes Station, but the Station House Cafe, which has been around for 40 years, will do just fine. A bit noisy, and pretty casual, but the food is great and there are a lots of options. The chef was eager to accommodate someone in our party with several food allergies and we really appreciated that.
- patio diningdotdotdotDined on 6/12/2014Sunny days in Pt Reyes are best to dine in the patio overlooking their garden. Our party of 7 had fun celebrating a birthday with shared appetizers, sandwiches and dessert. Fried Drake's Bay oysters, onion rings, pork terrine, fish and chips, french fries, chocolate pot de creme were some of the best items ordered. I am never disappointed with my dining experiences @Station House Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and wine excellentbillpVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great food - and a decent wine list - our server tried really hard, but she was inexperienced ... with a little coaching she could be a lovely representation of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nothing trendy, good basic food.audreyDined on 5/31/2014Local spot, well established. Not trendy, but good basic food using some local ingredients.Friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a find.StellalouDined on 5/25/2014We chose this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews and they were dead on. From the rolls to our various main courses everything was excellent. We were there on a Sunday night which was an extra treat because they have live music on Sundays. Th Foxes in the Hen House were playing and they were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service-more micros neededHenryBDined on 5/24/2014The server was excellent and when busy the mgr picked up. Normally a hardcore micro beer drinker but not a big variety especially on tap. But I went with small wine pours and they were all top rate! Tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableElsieVIPDined on 5/15/2014Had a delicious dinner with good service although the place was hopping. Great oyster stew, fresh oysters, claims good, chicken panzenella salad. Mussels not good, avoid them, but clams good. Waitress worked hard to be helpful and pleasant.Special Features:
- poorvickiDined on 5/11/2014once seated took over 30 minutes for anyone to approach our table after placing our order it was another 55 minutes to receive our food we had a party of eight I had the calamari it was tough and greasey and under cooked my husband had the chicken and biscut with gravy the plate consisted of a dried out biscut with a very small hunk of chicken that was it on his plate and please tell your chef an oyster poorboy should never be served on a seeded hamburger bun the pasta dish was swimming in grease and under cooked. for almost a bill of $200.00 it was bad bad bad. if we didn't have our elderly parents with us I would have sent all our food back and left never again will any of us return
- Mother's Day BrunchPeterDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day Brunch requires a reservation. Eggs Benedick was perfect. Special men's features local farm produce.Special Features:
- Always solid, never fail.Warren12Dined on 5/10/2014I've gone here for years and recently took my wife here for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Everything was on point & delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at Reasonable PricesgoodtipperDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I came here for my birthday and were seated right away. We ordered the raw oysters, which were very good. My husband ordered the fish and chips, which he was pleased with, as was I with the mussels. The berry pie a la mode was good but not spectacular. Service was attentive but not overbearing. The atmosphere was casual and suitable for families. The patio looked inviting, with different types of flowers. We came back a couple days later for lunch and had the burger and the reuben sandwich, which were tasty. We much prefer Station House Cafe to Osteria Stellina across the street. It's become our go-to place in Point Reyes Station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 362 reviews are from the Station House Cafe reviews archive.
- a favoritedoglvrDined on 4/26/2014We live in San Rafael and have been coming here for years..a lovely ride to the quaint town and a stop for lunch at the Station House Cafe. staff always friendly and food delicious. Had our family for a celebration birthday also wanted to share our favorite with them.Special Features:
- Great food selectionBabynurseDined on 4/20/2014Cafe with character but slow service on the two occasions I had lunch there.Special Features: