601 Old County Road
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stationcafesancarlos.com/
- Phone: 6508020121
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00AM - 10:00AM
Lunch:Monday - Saturday: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner:Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ignazio Melis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer excellent, prompt catering services to businesses including china service. Our catering menu is tailored for corporations to host corporate brown bag luncheons, corporate events, private dinners, weddings or other events. We cater breakfast , lunch and dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Station Cafe is located in an ideal spot, right next to the Cal Train station and bus stop and is a highly regarded warm trattoria style restaurant featuring a thoughtful wine and beer collection. An ideal spot for your next special occasion, let us impress you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ramesh Manian 8776490556
A word from Station Cafe
Station cafe is an Italian trattoria style cafe. It has a distinct menu and features authentic Italian dishes. Our modest trattoria has a take out section for convenience. It is located right across from the Cal Train station on Old County Road and serves seriously mouth-watering entrees, salads and desserts. Taste the pizza, the way Italians intended; thin crust and fresh. Come inside and meet Ignazio and Ramesh. Contemplate, strengthen friendships and stay awhile.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Station Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food, great service.MargaretBVIPDined on 2/13/2014I have eaten her at least a dozen times. It is a small café that is never crowded. The food has always been excellent, but tonight it was off, just a little. I ordered the tilapia special and it did not match the description. The fish was cooked perfectly and tasted good, but it was breaded and fried, not grilled as described, and the potato-crust over the fried tilapia was mushy, not crisp as it should have been. The pastas here are always excellent and the wines by the glass are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehlovediningoutVIPDined on 1/25/2014Owners and staff very nice and caring. My meal was awful. Could not eat it. I think maybe because it was so slow in there the chef had trouble making the meals. It took way TOO LONG to get the main meal to us and then one out of two meals wasn't good.
- The Right Side of the TracksRobTomVIPDined on 1/18/2014Delightful dinner for 2 on Saturday night! Food, coffee & wonderful service. We'd heard great things about Station Cafe, but were skeptical, as we walked in. It is very unassuming and out of the way (Industrial Road, the other side of the train tracks from busy Laurel St). The exterior betrays its former life as a corner deli. But our faith was rewarded. Warmly greeted. Promptly seated. We feasted on tasty, fresh, VERY generous portions of salad, spciey prawns, pasta, and risotto, and delicious lemon tart. Short, reasonably priced wine list made selection easy - our Montepulciano was pleasant, fair-priced, but forgettable. Best of all: the owners' infectious enthusiasm for food and especially for SERIOUS COFFEE and teas. Don't miss these!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and friendly ownerspatricioDined on 1/3/2014This is a small place with passable ambience, but the food is fabulous. And the owners are so responsive and friendly. They aim to please, both with service and food and with dialogue about the food (or whatever you want). You will be so engrossed that the place gains a warmth over the evening and you will definitely return to the graces of Ramesh and Andrea. I highly reccommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 12/31/2013This place is extremely overrated by the reviewers! Don't understand how people can give this restaurant four-five starts. I don't think I'll go back any time soon. Sorry!
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013This is our second visit to Station Cafe for dinner. New owners have turned a once sandwich shop into an excellent restaurant. Our salads and entrees were delicious, and we learned of a new wine. Good coffee, too. We will be back.Special Features:
- Tasteful well prepared continentalDiGrDined on 10/11/2013Tasteful well prepared continental food. Shared spaghetti marinara and veal dish, both delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious food!! Sweet, cozyEvaCDined on 9/7/2013Delicious food!! Sweet, cozy atmosphere. Very nice people and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and amazinglyManiVIPDined on 7/13/2013Very good food and amazingly friendly owners! A hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantsenioryukeDined on 6/17/2013This was an excellant find, and we definetly plan on coming back. The calamari was very good and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Out-of-the-Way RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013Try the Station Cafe--you'll be so glad you did! The owners are fantastically nice and attentive. The food is delicious. Make sure you check it out!Special Features:
- Another Fabulous Dinner!ItalianRagazzaVIPDined on 5/17/2013I love the fresh salads and their pasta! Ignazio is the BEST!Special Features:
- Never a bad experienceMorePleaseDined on 5/17/2013This is just the latest of many visits to Station Cafe. Love the food, love the staff, love their passion. The US needs more places like this; it's about as far from mediocre chain indifference as it gets. I'm glad there's a rating option for "neighborhood gem", because that sums this place up perfectly. In an ideal world, every neighborhood would have a place like this for good, unpretentious, unique food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Food was prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/14/2013Great service. Food was pretty good and reasonably priced. Kid friendly : ) Decor is a little "rustic".Special Features:
- Outstanding service, greatShawnVIPDined on 4/5/2013Outstanding service, great food, very friendly atmosphere. A great place to have a great dinner and enjoy a conversation.Special Features:
- Don't understand why thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/7/2013Don't understand why this restaurant has such good reviews. Food was not good. Seafood lasagne had fake crab. $8 and $9 salads were ok but overpriced. Owner nice and like to support local restaurant but won't be back.
- Worth a try!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013My daughter and I popped in here for an early dinner before a play and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It's a cute place with good food and stellar service.Special Features:
- The food is consistently deliciousKathleenDined on 2/28/2013The food is consistently delicious and the service is superbSpecial Features:
- We'd been coming to the coffeeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/3/2013We'd been coming to the coffee shop for awhile and finally decided to try the cafe for dinner. It was lovely! Classic, comforting Italian food, great wines, and friendly, personal service made for a wonderful experience. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- New Years Eve Wonderful DiscoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Driving up to Station Cafe you begin to question your choice, but get past your first impression and you will be treated to a great experience. The food was fabulous and the service was exceptional. You immediately feel welcome, they call you by your name and the perfect number of times to approach you and make sure everything is perfect. We live 2 hours away and already trying to workout another visit.Special Features:
- Great little restaurant.REvansDined on 10/27/2012Great neighborhood restaurant. Delicious food, attentive service. Casual atmosphere, modestly furnished and reasonably priced. Plenty of parking.Special Features:
- Great new menu. Loved theRoseVIPDined on 10/26/2012Great new menu. Loved the penne and smoked salmon. Always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:
- Really excellent food! A serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2012Really excellent food! A service snafu was more than made up for, and very graciously & kindly. The manager Rajeesh(?) is a very warm and welcoming man, as are his staff.Special Features:
- Good food, reasonable prices,RoseVIPDined on 10/12/2012Good food, reasonable prices, and very friendy and warm staff make for a very enjoyable dining experience. I always leave happy. Truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The waiter and staff wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2012The waiter and staff were very nice and tried to make our experience very comfortable and pleasant however the ambiance left alot to be desired. It was very caffeteria looking and run down. The food was okay but just okay. Sorry to say while we wish them the best, we will not be back.
- Authentic food and reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2012Authentic food and really great service. I will be back soon!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The food was excellent, the service fantastic, and the staff was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all of my friends!
- The owner was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/12/2012The owner was very friendly and inviting. Very helpful with recommendation on food and wineSpecial Features:
- Love their pizza, as wellItalianRagazzaVIPDined on 9/6/2012Love their pizza, as well as their gorgonzola hamburgers -- they hand-make all of their bread!Special Features:
- Have been here twice, andOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/25/2012Have been here twice, and both times have been extremely impressed with the quality of the food and the friendly service. And the prices are very reasonable! All of the salads have nice combinations of ingredients and are quite large - enough for 2-3 to share as a starter. Entrees are good size and well prepared. Desserts are the only part that aren't perfect - the chocolate salame is good, but the canoli and the carrot cake lacked something. Coffee is excellent too! If I could suggest anything, I would say paint the walls a brighter color. The green is too institutional and the lighting isn't great.Special Features:
- Nice variety on the wine list.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/17/2012Nice variety on the wine list. A staff that cares about the customer, food and service. Will definitely go back. Looking forward to the pour over coffee.
- The Station Cafe is a real winnerValkDined on 8/16/2012I can honestly say the Station Café has some of the best food I've ever eaten anywhere. Five of us went for dinner and each of us ordered something different. One of us was gluten-free, the other grain free and Ramesh, the owner, assured us that his chef could accommodate those special things. Indeed he did. The veal scallopini and the chicken marsala were to die for. We all absolutely raved about the food, and we all expect to return soon. Amazing!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to dineRoseVIPDined on 7/27/2012Always a pleasure to dine here; reasonable prices, good food, and feels like home.Special Features:
- we were a large group andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/23/2012we were a large group and owner/waiter was extremely accomodating--we had a GREAT evening...and stellar food!Special Features:
- Nice convenient location.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2012Nice convenient location. Great service & food. House wine was good value for money, good wine.Special Features:
- Quiet, very friendly staff,RoseVIPDined on 6/30/2012Quiet, very friendly staff, generous portions; great pizzas and pasta dishes. A great choice for those who find many local restaurants too expensive.Special Features:
- great pizza, reasonable pricing,RoseVIPDined on 6/5/2012great pizza, reasonable pricing, and very friendly staff :)
- The food was really excellent.CathyVIPDined on 5/23/2012The food was really excellent. I thought I was back in Italy.Special Features:
- The service is friendly andRoseVIPDined on 5/18/2012The service is friendly and accomodating. I enjoy myself here, good food, reasonable prices, and quiet. I love the pasta with peas and mushrooms!
- BEST Fresh Home-made Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2012Once again, I was NOT disappointed! The salads offered are fresh and surprisingly filling. The pasta is cooked to perfection. I love their pizzas and always order them "crispy!"Special Features: