1101 4th Street SW
Washington, DC 20024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.station4dc.com/
- Phone: 2024880987x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Bar Menu/Light Fare Monday - Sunday 3pm - 5pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Orlando Amaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our Private Dining Contact for details
- Private Party Contact: Maryna Masciandaro 2024880987x
- Special Events: please email email@example.com
A word from Station 4
A New American bistro-style restaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Station 4 reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (75)neighborhood gem (70)great for outdoor dining (61)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (38)special occasion (26)vibrant bar scene (25)romantic (20)hot spot (11)late-night find (11)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- One word: Fabulous!CeeCeeDCDined on 10/19/2014Station 4 never disappoints! Food is great and ambiance is perfect.Special Features:
- Ask for LewisMooreVIPDined on 10/14/2014My server, Lewis, was the best. He knew exactly when to stop by and when not to. Was very pleasant. My Grilled chicken sandwich was moist and delicious and the salad was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLELuv2dineDined on 10/12/2014I have been coming to Station 4 for the past year every other weekend to enjoy a good meal, great service, and nice brunch specials. My last 3 visits have been not very welcoming and food quality has taken a huge decrease. This last visit Sunday 10/12/14, I had a reservation for 1:15 pm for 3 people and didn't get seated to a little after 1:45pm. We placed our orders when the waiter served water to the table since we had so long to look at the menu waiting 30 plus minutes to be seated. Steaks were not cooked to the temperature request, under seasoning, and tough to chew. Order hot chocolate it was more like chocolate milk (cold)! We only received 2 refills on our Endless mimosa since the waiter paid our table no attention.Special Features:
- Great lunch specialyumyumVIPDined on 10/6/2014Where else can you get a delicious tomato basil soup, salad AND half of a salmon sandwich for $10? Fantastic sandwich with a generous portion of salmon so ite doesn't look like a 1/2 sandwich that it is.Special Features:
- Go-To PlaceMarieDined on 10/4/2014My husband & I frequent the restaurant prior to attending an Arena Stage show. They do have a prix-fix theatre menu which is limited but very satisfying. Only one hiccup @ this visit...we waited a long time before our server showed; approximately 17 minutes.
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014The mushroom pizza that I had was fabulous. The service was at first rude, abrupt and demanding. After I was served service was absence, the manager had to get my check and then the waiter tried to take it before signed. Would have had a much better time with a better server.Special Features:
- Nice pre-theatre experience2SatisfiedDined on 10/1/2014We had tics for the matinee at Arena Stage and wanted a nearby restaurant convenient to the Waterfront Metro stop. Found Station 4 and made reservation for 11 AM with play starting at noon. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and did not want to eat at a fast food place. The hostess told us we could eat in 30 minutes so we were pleasantly surprised not only with the excellent cuisine but with the prompt service and the friendliness of the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless Mimosas!nativewash02Dined on 9/27/2014The mimosas are amazing. The menu has great options and there is decent parking in the area, unlike downtown DC.Special Features:
- Excellent place to eatJazzieDined on 9/27/2014I really like how I greeted upon arrival. The waiter was very prompt coming to the table and assuring that everything was okay. The food was excellent. I would visit again and tell others about the restaurant.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre dining spotFit4diningDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed dining here before attending a performance at the Arena Stage, two short blocks away. The food was very good and the service was fine, and took into account the fact that some might be seeing a show. (They let you come back for the fixed price dinner dessert afterward.) When the weather is nice, I'd recommend using the outdoor patio for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it indoorsRussDined on 9/26/2014Tried the outside bar, great spot but pretty slow service. Moved inside for dinner with much better results. Food was very good for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best waterfront "go to"OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/21/2014I was again impressed by the quality of the food at Station 4. The thrift $35 pre-theater dinner yielded an interesting combination salad with heirloom tomatoes, crabmeat, corn and spices. My companion enjoyed the butternut soup special. The salmon on a bed of couscous was nicely cooked and the small chocolate ice cream cake had pretty berries alongside. Prix fixed portions are small; regular menu ones are often much less so. Service started out a bit slow but recovered nicely.Special Features:
- Pre-Theater DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2014Prior to Arena Stage there may be no better option for pre-theater dining. Have not been to the SW Waterfront for a good while, Station 4 can easily compete with the downtown venues for pre-theater dining, say at the National or Shakespeare Theater. Great selection, great presentation from starter to dessert. Heirloom tomatoes were spectacular with crab, lamb kabobs were nicely spiced and perfectly medium rare and the tart pastry, despite another revue, was short and perfectly presented I go to Arena several times a year, Station 4 is where I will dine. Will try for Brunch some Sunday as well.Special Features:
- Unlimited*JTNUGENTVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to Station 4 for a $35 unlimited mimosa brunch (2 entrees and 2 mimosas). The food was well-prepared although the eggs on my benedicts were over done, but that's actually the way I like them, so it wasn't a problem. YMMV. The waitstaff zoomed around refilling waters and mimosas (which were very popular), and yet our glasses sat empty for much of the meal and we had to stop people to request refills. Then the bill came. Without the $35 deal, they wanted $105 for the meal! Most other unlimited mimosa brunches are only $15/mimosa, but Station 4 wants $30/mimosa -- not sure how that computes, especially when it is 90% orange juice and refills take forever. Probably won't be going back for brunch.Special Features:
- Perfect proximity to Arena StageRRazzDined on 9/19/2014Pizza is excellent. Service was quite good, in spite of the poor, judgmental attitude of our waiter; the other servers, and expediters were very efficient and friendly. The restaurant had a very nice outdoor patio that is wonderful for enjoying a meal or a drink on a pleasant summer evening. The chef even created a special meal, not on the menu, for one of our party's dietary restrictions. All in all, a very nice place, and a wonderful restaurant to enjoy a pre-show meal when visiting Arena Stage.Special Features:
- Pre Theatre TreatHungryTiggerDined on 9/19/2014Very nice dining option before show at Arena Stage with fix priced Theatre option. Creative menu choices that are well presented with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night spotDPW1Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I went on a Monday night. Great menu and service. Excellent value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We stopped in for a pre-theatre light supper. Service was pleasant and prompt .
- Great Location, Food not so good !JDL2014Dined on 9/14/2014I booked this restaurant after looking online for a place close to The Arena Stage. Location was excellent, ambiance very nice and noise level great (it was not busy). The service was quick and very professional. However the food was just so so - we ordered from the pre-Theater Dinner menu - I really can't think of anything good to say - the goat cheese crostini was dry, the lamb was some type of kebab meat that was heavily spiced (I don't mind spicy) not at all what I had expected and the fruit tart was mediocre at best. Even the coffee was bad??
- NickDined on 9/14/2014Great for brunch pre-matinee at Arena. Or dinner after Arena's matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BruchDinersVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great Brunch -- Biscuits and Gravy with two eggs and two sausage patties was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicePCYinDCDined on 9/14/2014We have been to this restaurant several times for brunch and it is normally good- food is good and although it's always very busy, the service is usually good- not the case this time. Server was first rushing us to order, then not very attentive at all...bottomless Mimosas and I got 2...my friend ordered coffee and was not able to get a refill. The check was dropped while we were barley through our meals then the server came by to get it when we had not even looked at it because we were still eating and got a little huffy that it wasn't ready...when we did finally prepare the payment, he was then no where to be found and a manager had to come by and pick up the check. Very disappointing this vist.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Our server was very attentive to the reason why we were there. Great food, location and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eating placeJazzieDined on 9/13/2014I arrived a little early and was able to check in and wait for my other party. Upon arrival, the hostess was very pleasant and so was the manager. The waiter was at our table in no time and was very pleasant. It did not take a long time, to receive our food (which was excellent). The portions were good. The manager came to our table and asked how was everything.Special Features:
- Great Service Great FoodWV0609Dined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was excellent, he kept our mimosas and bloody mary's refilled for the bottomless brunch and was very prompt. One tiny complaint though, the high back upholstered chairs were very uncomfortable, luckily we could be accommodated in a booth and moved, seating looks very tight otherwise at the tables in the center - you'd be elbow to elbow. My boyfriend had the Huevos Rancheros and I had the sausage gravy and biscuits - both were excellent and just the right size portions, the sausage patties had grill marks - really really yummy food - no complaints, wish I could remember our server, he was about 22 and had a pierced nose - he was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for pre-theaterDCfoodfanVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our group of 6 were seated outdoors on the lovely patio. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable and the food is well prepared and presented. Overall the final check was pricey, but we had a great evening and will plan on Station 4 being our regular stop before a show at Arena StageSpecial Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantRomanDined on 9/12/2014This is a good addition to Southwest D.C. Although the prices are somewhat high, the pre-theater special is a good bargain. If you wish, they even let you come back for dessert after the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014The entrees are uniquely composed and those I've tasted are delicious. The overall-sound level of the restaurant is too loud for me and difficult for a party like ours (5 people) to carry on a conversations where all can participate. There is at least one table (perhaps others) that is sound buffered and where such conversation can be conducted. As a regular pre-theater venue, Station 4 is convenient and tasty, but a bit pricey for frequent dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and Delicious FoodEbbrownDined on 9/11/2014Great atmosphere and delicious food options. A gem in SW, DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Arena StageLee41VIPDined on 9/7/2014We loved our unusual starters, solid -- and generous -- main dishes of tuna and rockfish, with clever accompaniments. Too bad the espresso machine was down... Noise was rising as we left, but it was just enthusiasm at our early dining hour. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Surprisingly funsoubeeDined on 9/7/2014Seated immediately with reservation. Waiter trying but not fantastic. Steak great eggs overcooked. Mimosas just kept on coming, though!Special Features:
- My kind of placeStoliTonicLemonDined on 9/5/2014Great service, great food and very nice potent cocktails make this my kind of place - had a late reservation for a Friday night - wait staff treated us like we where their first customers - I eat out on business multiple times a week so I'm a little hard to impress - I'd go back there again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service...RoastbeefVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a large party and they were accommodating. The service was excellent and the food arrived within a reasonable time. The only complaint I have is the price of the drinks. I feel like the food is reasonably priced, but the drinks are too much.Special Features:
- fooddudeDined on 8/30/2014The ambiance was great! It was perfect for our birthday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was very bland. The drinks were not cold and the taste was not very good, as if the use very cheap champagne. I did not have the voucher so we ended up paying the full price of $30 per person instead of the promotional $35 for two people. Overall it DEFINITELY was not worth $30 per person. I would not recommend this resturaunt.
- changed signalssuewDined on 8/27/2014Our lunch party, meant to be four OF US, started with three, and then the last diner came VERY LATE. The waitress was pleasant about serving us all out of order, and about bringing the order of late-comer ASAP. As ever, the wait staff at Station 4 was pleasant, quick, and responsive.Special Features:
- Great food! LOUD!!luvmimosasDined on 8/23/2014We love having brunch here. Everything that we have ordered has been very good and the wait staff is always very attentive! Not a great place for a conversation tho....LOUD!Special Features:
- ypdinersDined on 8/23/2014Great food and atmosphere. It was a full restaurant during Saturday's brunch but our waiter Luis was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood find!MagTTVIPDined on 8/23/2014I tried this restaurant using a Groupon deal and was pleasantly surprised! My huevos rancheros dish was pretty good especially with egg whites! The Bloody Mary was spot on! I'll definitely have to return to this place given its convenient location right at the metro!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food and drinks. Very friendly staff with great service! Atmosphere is very nice. would recommend eating there. I would recommend being there around 10:30 for brunch because it did get busy pretty quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.