1101 4th Street SW
Washington, DC 20024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.station4dc.com/
- Phone: (202) 488-0987
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Bar Menu/Light Fare Monday - Sunday 3pm - 5pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Orlando Amaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our Private Dining Contact for details
- Private Party Contact: Maryna Masciandaro 2024880987x
- Special Events: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Station 4
A New American bistro-style restaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Station 4 reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)great for brunch (76)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (46)great for outdoor dining (42)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (37)special occasion (31)romantic (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (14)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent ServiceseafoxDined on 11/25/2014We got stuck in traffic, were more than 15 minutes late for our reservation and could not call the restaurant to let them know. When we got there the place was jammed and there did not appear to be any tables available. The Hostess left us for a minute and returned to escort us to the last table for two in the place. We told the waiter that we had theater tickets and the play started in 45 minutes. He said he would take care of us and he did. We were in our seats before the curtain went up and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent; no so, our server.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014The seafood stew and the arugula salad were excellent. Unfortunately, the server screwed up our wine order (served us red although we ordered white -- just poured it into our glasses and ran away despite our protests -- the hostess actually got the right wine for us). He also brought us a dish covered in cheese after we specified no cheese for someone in our party who cannot eat dairy. And, we had to ask several times for a bowl to split the stew, although we specified when ordering that we were splitting it. I would return again, but my companions said they would not, it was such a bad experience. I would simply request a different waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theater MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/23/2014The only place to dine before an Arena Stage production. Great food, great service, nice ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I loved the food and the service. I also loved the food presentation.Special Features:
- Very good pre-theatre menu...CrampedDined on 11/22/2014Went to Station-4 before going to the Arena Theatre. The place was very nicely decorated, the service was awesome, and the food was very tasty. Our only complaint was that our table for 6 persons was rather cramped. In other restaurants of this category, this would have been a table for 4 persons. We had reservations and were told this was the only table they could give us, yet there were 3 tables of 2 together which could have been utilized. These 3 tables were empty the whole time we were at the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchReneeDined on 11/22/2014This was my 2nd time at Station 4 for brunch and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot in SWKennyDined on 11/22/2014I are here for the first time last past weekend for brunch. The unlimited mimoas and meal are great for great for $30. Our server was excellent. She kept the glasses full and checked on us throughout our meal to make sure we were OK. Its has a nice ambiance as well. It's really convenient. Its across the street from the Waterfront-SEU Metro Station. I will definitely be back. Check it out people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT PRE-THEATER MENUCulture14QueenDined on 11/21/2014My friend and I were seated right away for our 6:30 reservation on Friday. Having a reservation is a must at this restaurant. I have tried tried coming on my own without a reservation before a show and had to go next door to Z Burger instead because Station 4 was too popular. We chose the pre- theater menu because it allowed us to choose and be served quickly. We both had the crab fritters as our starters. They were light and flavorful with an excellent ratio of crab to batter. My friend had the chicken osso bucco which looked lovely and moist. I had the salmon with greens and chorizo. It was a perfect portion of salmon so that I still had room for dessert. There were only two dessert options on this menu- a strawberry tart and pecan pie. We each tried one and shared with each other so that we could sample them. Again very reasonable portions. In addition I ordered the Glogg, a hot mulled wine, with my meal. It was delicious and satisfying on a cold night. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient. The only drawbacks to this restaurant are that it gets quite loud inside and the hostess stand is in an awkward place. But we were still able to mostly hear each other and had enough time to eat before our 8:00 pm show at the Arena Stage. Our bill came to about $100 which included the $12 Glogg and a glass of wine for my friend. It is also great that thisthis is right by the Southwest Waterfront Metro Station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Arena Stage!Love2DineVIPDined on 11/21/2014Perfect combination.... Dinner and a show. Station4 offer pre fix meals. The best part is its one street from the theater. First two courses before the show followed by desert after seeing Fiddler On The Roof completed a great night with friends. The hospitality at Station 4 was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servixe was terrible...RonnieDined on 11/19/2014I would not opt to go to this restaurant for dinner....waiters were rushed....didn't take care of us, spilled cream on our guests, did not have set up when served food....droped dishes and cups....terrible. Food however was good.
- Nice place...ok foodkinz31Dined on 11/19/2014A friend and I dined here before going to see a play at Arena stage. We split scallops appetizer which was very good and then split a pizza. The pizza was nothing special and greasy. Good wine though. Nice serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly dreadful foodBandB2VIPDined on 11/19/2014I never write reviews unless a restaurant is great or awful. This sadly fits in the truly awful category. We were looking for an alternative to the arena stage cafeteria food and came upon Station on open table. We had a simple pizza, which was flavorless, soggy, with supposed Pesto sauce that was unedible. This was followed by a kale and seafood salad that made the pizza seem reasonable. Massively overdressed with some creamy dressing that made it look and taste like it had been prepared weeks ago. The shrimp was lousy, the squid tough and the one scallop was the only piece of seafood worth eating. This is a place for drinkers.......do not go there to eatSpecial Features:
- Little gem in SWHilwaDined on 11/18/2014Have seen this place a dozen times before and never thought to try them for lunch. So glad we did. The food was delicious. I ordered the spare rib grilled cheese sandwich and it was tender, flavorful and divine. My companions both ordered the steak sandwich and were both extremely satisfied. Our server, and I wish I could recall his name was attentive and friendly. My only issue is the door to enter was opposite the hostesses station and I felt like we waited for a bit before we were noticed and even then we weren't. We walked around the doorway to find her. She was pleasant too however. I would definitely recommend this place and will certainly be back. Also, the lunch prices were comparable to any restaurant/food truck/cafe that I've eaten lunch at and the portions were decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tedmanVIPDined on 11/16/2014very nice restaurant. biggest asset is proximity to metro and arena stage theater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2014We were placed at a table that was so small, there was hardly any room for the plates, silverware and glasses. All the while, there were larger tables unused. I do not think we will be returning there any time soon.Special Features:
- Disappointed...DCGeminiVIPDined on 11/16/2014I have eaten here before, and have always enjoyed the food, so was quite disappointed when I brought a friend to Station 4 a few days ago. I ordered the seafood salad as my entree. The seafood was plentiful and tasty, but the kale was drenched in anchovy sauce. Far too much sauce for my taste, and I left almost all the kale uneaten. Amazingly, our server never asked why I had eaten so little of my dinner. In fact, the service in general was terribly slow and inattentive. Since we had reservations in between the Arena Stage matinee and evening performances, and the restaurant was quite full, I would have expected service to be somewhat slow -- but this was the worst service I have experienced in quite some time. Very disappointing!
- Last Place StandingBarbDined on 11/15/2014One of the few places left near Arena Stage now that all at Waterfront is demolished. Food is not bad, but very noisy and the tables for two are TINY.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid pre-theater dinner optionTommyDined on 11/14/2014Station 4 is located a block from Arena Stage, which is why we checked it out. The restaurant is a little loud, but the food was good if obliquely described on the menu. Also the multiple and physically very large menus were a bit of a nuisance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish Restaurant in SouthweatDennyCSDined on 11/13/2014We recently attended a play at Arena Stage and found a great restaurant just a block away from the venue. We had reservations and were warmly greeted at the door. The staff was very friendly and happy that we were there. The menu selections had something to please everyone in our group of 4, even though we ordered off of the playbill menu. They even offered us the option to have our dessert after the play if we wished. The food was served quickly and everyone agreed that it was decoratively plated and delicious. The total, with beverages, was very reasonable and we left happy and satisfied. I recommend Station 4 to anyone in search of a friendly staff and great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before or after going to the Arena StageIrnieVIPDined on 11/8/2014We have been to Station 4 several times. This last visit was the most enjoyable we have had. Food choices on the Prix Fixe menu were delicious. Beer/wine choices were admirable and reasonable. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmDined on 11/8/2014Great "Pre-Theatre" menu. Very convenient 5-minute walk to Arena Stage,Special Features:
- Great Pre-TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I went here before a show at Arena Stage with my girlfriend for our anniversary. It was great! The crab-cake fritters were a high point.Special Features:
- YumMe2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great restaurant, great food. Staff and servers very attentive.Special Features:
- Went before play at ArenaLKayCDined on 11/6/2014Overall restaurant was okay- service and food were fair.Special Features:
- Noisysp11Dined on 11/6/2014have been here before and never notice the noise level. BUT that was for afternoon Arena shows. The night scene at Station 4 is VERY noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014Great reataurant close to Arena Stage. Service was excellent. I ordered the salmon which was cooked well (medium) however a little bland. Wine was okay but nothing to rave about.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast pre-theatre mealScotteDined on 11/4/2014Are here before going to Arena Stage. The staff were aware of our time and they nudged us along so we wouldn't be late. Which was appreciated in this instance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Compensationfor delayLadyshrinkVIPDined on 11/2/2014"Station 4 is my 'go to" for Arena Stage dining. It seems to be everyone else's as well -- at least on this past Sunday. We were kept waiting for 25 minutes after our reservation time to get our table and then felt some rush to get to the theater on time. The hostess offered us a free drink, but we did not want one, so my companion - who did not order the 3-course prix-fixe - got a fee dessert and many apologies. Well done, but still not a premiere experience. Our waiter was excellent and the food remains better than average: imaginative and well presented. However, the portions seem to be shrinking. They get A for effort but C+ for overall this time around.Special Features:
- Good food, but couldn't enjoy it.MsDeeDined on 11/2/2014Pros: Good food, helpful maitre'd, fairly good service considering the crowd. Cons: Very small tables only inches apart. The noise level with a full crowd made conversation impossible and having other diners at our elbows wasn't conducive to conversation. The prix fixe menu we were handed was different than the one shown on their website. We were not informed at the time of ordering that one of the two desserts was no longer available. Had I known that up front, I would have ordered ala carte as the replacement wasn't a dessert I liked. With the Wharf renovation, Station 4 is about the only restaurant within walking distance of Arena Stage, but I suspect they won't make it with more competition. For now I'll eat at home before the theatre.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchLoveBrunchesDined on 11/2/2014The Sunday Brunch was excellent. The $30 bottomless Mimosa and/or Bloody Mary was a very good deal since it included any of the entrees. The service was also excellent. Everyone's entree received high praise. It's also easily accessible from the Metro which is right next to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Heading to Station 45RestaurantgirlsDined on 11/1/2014Our first time at Station 4 won't be the last…bustling scene, on time reservations, servers anxious to get it right, good food. We had the prix fixe menu before heading to Arena Stage. Station 4 was "on it," and moved us in and out right on schedule. The food was very good and everyone enjoyed the offerings, except the strawberry tart dessert was still frozen and lacked that j'en said quoi that makes for a great finish. The chocolate roll was more popular, but both were a tad on the small side. Maybe Station 4 might consider upping the prix fixe price five bucks and offering a better dessert. We'll be back, strawberry tart or no. Everything up to that point was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We mixed up our reservation for 4noneDined on 11/1/2014our companions weren'tc oming until the next next for the show at Arena. The staff was patient with us and allowed us to take up a 4 top for two until we decided to start ordering without our friends and got hold of them and figured out the mystery. The staff was very gracious despite our mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post-theater diningFormerFedVIPDined on 10/29/2014Dropped in after "Our War" at Arena Stage. Got the Burrata cheese & beets and the Paella of the Day. Both were tasty. The chorizo in the paella was particularly good. Finished with a pumpkin gelato. Drank a carafe of sangria along with a red wine to start and Irish whiskey to end. The waiter, David Z, was efficient and friendly. I'll likely revisit Station 4 since it's so convenient to Arena Stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Before Theater DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/29/2014We were eating before the theater and had limited time. Our server made sure our food came quickly and we had a plenty of time to enjoy our dinner and get to the theater on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner prior to show at Arena StageMarineBeanDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I frequently eat at Station 4 prior to a show at Arena. The food, service, and atmosphere are always excellent. The noise level is sometimes too high from the bar but all in all, it is an excellent venue close to Arena Stage parking or the Metro.Special Features:
- One word: Fabulous!CeeCeeDCVIPDined on 10/19/2014Station 4 never disappoints! Food is great and ambiance is perfect.Special Features:
- Ask for LewisMooreVIPDined on 10/14/2014My server, Lewis, was the best. He knew exactly when to stop by and when not to. Was very pleasant. My Grilled chicken sandwich was moist and delicious and the salad was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLELuv2dineDined on 10/12/2014I have been coming to Station 4 for the past year every other weekend to enjoy a good meal, great service, and nice brunch specials. My last 3 visits have been not very welcoming and food quality has taken a huge decrease. This last visit Sunday 10/12/14, I had a reservation for 1:15 pm for 3 people and didn't get seated to a little after 1:45pm. We placed our orders when the waiter served water to the table since we had so long to look at the menu waiting 30 plus minutes to be seated. Steaks were not cooked to the temperature request, under seasoning, and tough to chew. Order hot chocolate it was more like chocolate milk (cold)! We only received 2 refills on our Endless mimosa since the waiter paid our table no attention.Special Features:
- Great lunch specialyumyumVIPDined on 10/6/2014Where else can you get a delicious tomato basil soup, salad AND half of a salmon sandwich for $10? Fantastic sandwich with a generous portion of salmon so ite doesn't look like a 1/2 sandwich that it is.Special Features:
- Go-To PlaceMarieDined on 10/4/2014My husband & I frequent the restaurant prior to attending an Arena Stage show. They do have a prix-fix theatre menu which is limited but very satisfying. Only one hiccup @ this visit...we waited a long time before our server showed; approximately 17 minutes.